Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

Remember Elisa Lam? Well, she's still posting...

Comments

• wisteria1234wisteria1234 Member, Permitted to post new threads
    edited February 2015
    no I am not going.. came across this review .. so thought it was weird
    Oh dear g**. Mother of pearl. Sweet *****. No wonder so many Cecil hotels went under. Vancouver Cecil Hotel and Alberta Cecil Hotel...
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    That's an interesting find, because if Elisa was choosing the Cecil for how cheap it was, I imagine she wouldn't have cared about paying extra to have her own washroom. 

If she was leaving the showers or whatever, that could add light as to why she was dressed in shorts and a sweater, absent underwear. 
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    From that review linked above, this one particular paragraph pretty much says it all:

"SOMEONE WAS WATCHING ME SHOWER from the attached bathroom through the vent. YES, I saw someone watching me shave my damn legs through the vent. The doors are set up so that you can't just bust the door open...the person in the bathroom has their own lock on their door. I don't know if it was an employee or a guest, but it's SO ridiculous. They comped one night of my two night stay. Thanks a lot, assholes. I hope there isn't a video of me somewhere on the internet in some foreign country of me shaving my legs in Los Angeles."
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    edited February 2015
    That's an interesting find, because if Elisa was choosing the Cecil for how cheap it was, I imagine she wouldn't have cared about paying extra to have her own washroom. 

If she was leaving the showers or whatever, that could add light as to why she was dressed in shorts and a sweater, absent underwear. 
    True, but she might have had a towel. Maybe she had put it back in her room. Maybe had a drink at the bar. Not a safe place for women that's for sure.

I went to unsolved mysteries website. They don't have anything on EL but posted about the recently found Toronto bunker.
    Merging this thread with the main Elisa Lam thread.
    -------------------

True, but she might have had a towel. Maybe she had put it back in her room. Maybe had a drink at the bar. Not a safe place for women that's for sure.

I went to unsolved mysteries website. They don't have anything on EL but posted about the recently found Toronto bunker.
    I suppose they might consider it "solved", simply because the police / authorities sort-of ruled it a suicide / drowning by a mentally disturbed person. 
    -------------------
    edited February 2015
    Wouldn't proof also be required for suicide? EL was ill but there is no evidence of any suicidal ideation. I thought it was ruled "unknown" for a while and then they changed it to drowning. I looked up rooftop water tank suicides and only one other case showed up. Well two sort of. Except one wasn't proven. Two girls in India found drowned but their hands were tied behind their backs. Suicides notes were found saying teachers threatened to tell their parents about their poor school performance and so they tied their own hands behind their own backs and jumped. http://m.ndtv.com/bangalore-news/two-bangalore-school-girls-found-dead-in-water-tank-suicide-note-blames-principal-and-teachers-554418 Circa 2014.
    Wouldn't proof also be required for suicide? EL was ill but there is no evidence of any suicidal ideation. I thought it was ruled "unknown" for a while and then they changed it to drowning. I looked up rooftop water tank suicides and only one other case showed up. Well two sort of. Except one wasn't proven. Two girls in India found drowned but their hands were tied behind their backs. Suicides notes were found saying teachers threatened to tell their parents about their poor school performance and so they tied their own hands behind their own backs and jumped. http://m.ndtv.com/bangalore-news/two-bangalore-school-girls-found-dead-in-water-tank-suicide-note-blames-principal-and-teachers-554418 Circa 2014.
    Proof would indeed be required, but I suppose that's why they went the "mental health" route. It's easy to blame her for her own demise that way, because all they have to do is point at a chart full of meds and say, "See, she was a psycho." Through in a few shady "witnesses" as to her behaviour, and it seems like a done deal to most people. But of course, not to gumshoes like ourselves.
    -------------------
  • Hello Everyone! This is a very interesting thread and topic as well as a very Mysterious case! I came across it just 2 days ago and have been digging deep into this one! It is amazing to know that there is so much support still for this case as well as questions and love reading everyones scenarios as to what may have happened and so on.....

Heres my 2 cents worth if I may :)

1. The video starts of with her walking into the elevator in a very jovial mood as u can tell from her spring in the set, twist and turn and then presses the button with one hand. This to me does not seem to be someone in distress.....but then a sudden mood change and she starts to press all the button and almost act if someone impossibly now after her (she may have been going through internal arguments/battle) suffering from her bi polar disorder.....then pretends to hide from someone but no fear in her face what so ever......

2. When she dos go back outside she is definitely calm and looking into that mirror with the hand on her head and talking to herself.....she was not panicking once again and had that moment of conversation with herself with her hands out on each side waving her fingers in a very "under the influence" movement and then again just calmly walks away.....

3. The reason for the cut scenes are probably because there may have been huge gaps of nothing which didn't need to be in the scene to show the video of her behavior....

4. I had doug into checking the hotel out and by the looks of things there seems to be a lot of asians staying at the hotel so it may have been a word of mouth place and sort of a birds of a feather hotspot for people to meet and do what ever it is they wish to do.....now i went back to jan feb 2013 on trip advisor and the whole of feb comments seem to be gone probably because of the media attention at the time but most comments are mixes some good some bad......and judging from the fact that the hotel is more of a hostel then it could be anyones guess as to what happened with the amount of stranger lurking around in there or around there.....we can see that there are many rooms in there.....

5. There was also a man who claimed to have heard a thump and this is substantial because it was about the night she went missing and this could explain her getting to the roof and into that water tank....what if she never climbed to the water tank and ended up higher as u can see the firefighters above it and jumped and the noise he heard was the thump of her hitting the tank from above....or even worse...being pushed and dropped from above (hypothetical)....then dumped into the tank or even worse since they shared showers on certain floors maybe she needed to cool off and thought she could jump in and never was able to make it out......one thing is for sure is that she ended up in that tank as she was found there and no water was found in her lungs as per the autopsy(which i read through) and there was a point of not mentioned about blood around the tissue of her anus (but that could be piles too) but no water in her lungs so its even worse to think she was dead before making it into the tank.....which to me seems more what it looks like......

6. Another crazy thing is the connection to a US Soldier friend of hers station in S.Korea and the mention of them booking rooms in that hotel in the past so maybe she met up with this dude or there was some tie to this and her being there......

7. This is just way far out there but maybe perhaps there is some sort of a ring/syndicate/group based in the hotel and its a spies sorta thing with some really deep seeded agendas going down then we are even able to fathom because the elements are there......someone like her would seem sucesptable to joining people with agendas and be motivated in aiding in these sort of activities because even as being bi polar I'm sure she was super intelligent and smart and could chameleon herself in many ways to imagine!

8. Anyways.....im going to keep reading and researching and continue to follow this but this is just my 2 cents worth......none of it is gospel and should not be taken to heart but keep an open mind to these scenarios as many have pointed out too because this case sure is a mystery........
    edited February 2015

Proof would indeed be required, but I suppose that's why they went the "mental health" route. It's easy to blame her for her own demise that way, because all they have to do is point at a chart full of meds and say, "See, she was a psycho." Through in a few shady "witnesses" as to her behaviour, and it seems like a done deal to most people. But of course, not to gumshoes like ourselves.
    It makes me wonder if this is how they treat all unexplained deaths. Or are they pretending to have given up while they secretly have a plan B. Someone posted earlier that there was more to it than media was reporting. A lot was going on in the background in which case it may not be over yet.

I won't be surprised if they suddenly have breaking news out of the blue one day.
    @djcamouflage

Hello yourself, and welcome to the forum, glad you've joined us.

Some very interesting thoughts. I would like to propose a few questions to you however regarding the edited footage:

1.   If the footage was edited just to take out the boring bits, then isn't it strange that the LAPD decompressed the footage to hide those edits? Essentially and by example, they've taken 2.5 minutes of footage and slowed it down ever so slightly so that it took up 3 minutes. Most people wouldn't realize that's even taken place without carefully monitoring the time stamps.

2.   Why did they blur the time stamps so that it's almost impossible (but not impossible) to read them? It feels a bit shady to me that they would do that, especially considering point #1.

3.   If the intention was truly to weed out the boring bits, why did they still leave some included at the end, with the elevator door opening and shutting on its own? To me at least, that feels like it was taken out of context, and that someone may have in fact been interacting with the elevator. 

I'm curious as to what you think about all this. We've posted somewhere on this thread a video that compares the LAPD video to what the video would look like in real time, if you're curious. Someone seems to have changed the video for some strange purpose.

-------------------

It makes me wonder if this is how they treat all unexplained deaths. Or are they pretending to have given up while they secretly have a plan B. Someone posted earlier that there was more to it than media was reporting. A lot was going on in the background in which case it may not be over yet.

I won't be surprised if they suddenly have breaking news out of the blue one day.
    I think you're onto something when you suggest that they've "given up". It was easy to explain away, so they took that road. I suppose it was also an easy road to take if they were trying to cover something up. With so many people on these mind meds these days, it's going to be really easy for the police to cover things up in this manner. 

It would be super interesting if there was a new development on this in the future. But considering the way it's been handled so far, with edited hotel footage and shadiness all around, I wonder. 
    -------------------
  • @djcamouflage

Some very interesting thoughts. I would like to propose a few questions to you however regarding the edited footage:

1.   If the footage was edited just to take out the boring bits, then isn't it strange that the LAPD decompressed the footage to hide those edits? Essentially and by example, they've taken 2.5 minutes of footage and slowed it down ever so slightly so that it took up 3 minutes. Most people wouldn't realize that's even taken place without carefully monitoring the time stamps.

2.   Why did they blur the time stamps so that it's almost impossible (but not impossible) to read them? It feels a bit shady to me that they would do that, especially considering point #1.

3.   If the intention was truly to weed out the boring bits, why did they still leave some included at the end, with the elevator door opening and shutting on its own? To me at least, that feels like it was taken out of context, and that someone may have in fact been interacting with the elevator. 

I'm curious as to what you think about all this. We've posted somewhere on this thread a video that compares the LAPD video to what the video would look like in real time, if you're curious. Someone seems to have changed the video for some strange purpose.

Thanks for the Welcome Matt...

Yes those points are definitely valid and correct you are in saying that it may be edited for "other" reasons other then what I proposed. I feel that slowing the video down to make it a certain amount of time wouldn't be much of an issue to show evidence however in other points yes it maybe "doctored" because they did not have to bother too much about the case and make it seem like it was self inflicted and case closed. 

I just find it hard as much as i scrutinize the video to come to conclusion that there was some else out there or a worker who is a predator in nature who did this on site.....this would be more of a regular occurrence....but this incident with her seems very isolated....although yes there are a slew of incidents at the hotel.....

Things for certain once again are......she got to the top of the roof.....she ended up in the tank and however it was done.....self inflicted or disposal by someone else......the hatch had to be opened and closed.....whats uncertain is the THUD heard.....which has me thinking and the connection to the US Soldier stationed in S.Korea.....

I mean she probably had ups and down many times during her disorder and its very strange that it ended up the way it did this time around especially at a Hotel known for weird occurrences. The footage may just show what she normally (who knows maybe she would let it loose every now n then) but the consequences this time were different and does smell like foul play.......

Maybe the slowed down video too was edited for the sake of their investigation and they made a final edit after they tried to determine what was going on with her.....but again agree that yes its shady that their are parts missing and the edit seems conspicuous.....

More importantly is the question you raised on this topic....is who updated the blog 6 months after her death?

The other thing about the video is that she enters the elevator calmly from the left side but when she switches and decides to hide....she keeps looking to the right and hiding as if someone was coming from the right side.... 

when she does decide to come out and star and do the hand thing and count.....it seems as if she is saying something to the likes of being displeased or arguing as to how many times she has had to deal with something (perhaps from herself and is in other character) 

I mean quite honestly.....she may have just come to an ends-wit with her suffering and may have been under the influence of something untested for auric the toxicology report and chose to end her life (which is again not something I'm sticking with) because it could also be said that the loud thud could have been the lid of the tank slamming close as she closed it on herself but again we have to play this of an autopsy which says no water in the respiratory system which contradicts the suicide case closed case....

Back to the video....there is a 2 second delay cut out when she walks out to the left and leaves......u see the door a quarter way closing (Jumps right to that) so those 2 seconds.......could that possibly also be the part a person from the right emerges and passes by to go to the left....following her?

lol....i seem to be bi polar about this case lol....(not to mock the situation) all due respect to this but it is an outstanding and intriguing case....
  • I found this comment from a Friend of hers on Reddit.....

"I don't know exactly what kind of mental problems she had, but I and her close friends know that she had some strange episodes before ( and she has disappeared before too). However,her family was always reluctant to talk about her problems like in this case when they refused to release any information regarding her mental problems. Once we found out that she was going though some therapy for 3 weeks and she has regular depressions. I didn't talk to her for a year so I didn't know why she was going to LA. I suspect it is connected to schizophrenia or some mental problems rather than recreation drug use. She was traveling alone and it is suspicious too..."

• You know actually the more i look at it....it does just seem to be that she had a heavy episode and lost it.....it even seems the parents didn't bother too much to fight for justice but filed a lawsuit and never followed through...

I'm coming to the personal conclusion that due to her psychological issues, someone (or a group of people) simply took advantage of her, got what they wanted out of her, and then got rid of her. Whatever that is, we'll likely never know. Both the LAPD and the family have been disappeared into the shadows on this.

They say she's buried in Burnaby, but I wonder. A lot is "said", but very little is offered to us in the way of proof. To be honest, we only even know that she was in the tank because someone else told us so. We've yet to actually see any hard evidence of this. It's a mini-Sandy Hook. 
    -------------------
    @djcamouflage

Hi Matt. I have a theory about why they left the elevator footage opening and closing. The door was moving so the recorder didn't cut anything out, but police left the empty footage in possibly because they wanted people to see that the elevator was going down and not up. Maybe they thought someone would have a possible explanation as to what EL was up to. Without that extra footage it could have been anyone's guess what floor she was on. The button lights go out in descending order, so that sort of helped people watching.

In fact she seems to repeatedly push the same buttons several times. If she was out of it, (sleepwalking maybe) why push the exact same buttons (seems like once and three times more) and not any other button(s)? I saw four maybe five buttons light up down to the basement button and she also pressed the door hold button. If she had pressed the 14th, 10th, 7th, and 4th buttons, 14 didn't light up. That button light may have been broken though. I'm guessing she was on the 15th floor and so she pressed 14 first. But it's possible 14 didn't light up because she was on 14 already. 
    All I know is she intended to go down initially. 

I think maybe they blurred the time because they wanted to hide if it was AM/PM/hour.
    Did this happen in the day or at night?
    I even question the date showing up as Feb 1st.
    You'd have to compare this video to other hotel videos to see if that entire time signature wasn't pasted over. 
    Unless everything happened Feb 1st and it's the witnesses that said the loud noise was heard a day earlier than when it happened. 
    Are you likely to remember the exact day you heard a noise, two to three weeks later?
    Maybe they told hotel staff and staff marked it down. 

Regarding the fire escape, apparently you can only access the external one from an apartment window. 
    And it's a dangerous climb from the 15th to the roof as it's a straight ladder going up.
    One regular stairwell that internally connects the floors stops at the 15th floor and goes no further.
    The other internal stairwell accesses the roof, but that's the alarmed one.

Here is a link of a Chinese guy going up who has taken a video: https://tieryas.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/elisa-lam-updates/
    Be warned it's in Mandarin which I don't comprehend, but the footage is pretty great.
    He shows how two tanks are still open with no security.
    He was able to get up there easily as no one stopped him.

In other youtube chinese footage you can see it rained during the investigation which would have messed with any fingerprints.

edited March 2015
    There may be other ways to access the roof. You can see two other square hatch-like things on the roof. The outside fire escape ladder on the 15th floor is not something a sleep walking or high person could climb without a slip or fall. And carrying someone up that way is even harder let alone climbing without anyone seeing or hearing you outside their window. Those stairs are made of metal and anyone climbing would have made a lot of noise on their way up. The hotel rooms are small and anything outside on the fire escape would have attracted attention. But then again the Chinese guy went up the fire escape in broad daylight seemingly going unnoticed unless he answered a few questions on the way up when people asked him what he was doing. 

If only we knew what that loud bang noise sounded like the elderly resident described. 
    It could have been someone out on the outside fire escape, but I kind of don't see how a high or sleep walking person could climb the last ladder going up.
    If EL was on the 14th or 15th floor, the indoor fire escape with the alarmed door would have been the closest and most convenient way up from the elevators.
    Elisa went left from the elevator before the doors closed. She could have turned back right right after, but it seems the door had stayed open for a reasonable enough time to assume she had just kept going and used the fire escape with the alarm to the roof. 
    Someone may have deactivated the alarm just for her. 
    There are just too many things highlighting this route. 
    I think someone might have very well disabled the alarm just for her, because the autopsy report, at least to me, suggests he was dead prior to going into the tank. Maybe the loud noise that was heard was the heavy tank lid slamming down, as some have suggested?
    -------------------
  • hopehope Member

This thread had me glued to the screen for hours. After reading it from
    the top to bottom + a little research, this is my theory: 

She definitely did not commit suicide, it is simply too obvious. Seems
    like just another of those cases where the investigators simply can't be
    bothered, so eh, let's just scrap the 'accident' box in the report and sweep it
    under the carpet. 

I think she was a victim of online creep set-up. Her blogspot was way
    too informative about herself in great detail. And where would one go in these
    days to hunt down late teens and early 20-somethings? Tumblr. The blogs were
    connected and here the attacker could have learned way too many things to use
    as an advantage when speaking to her online. And a unplanned stop in LA for
    about a week definitely should have a good reason, as she already mentioned the
    stops for meet-ups and asked for more people to meet in person. The attacker
    could have been someone residing (frequently or long term) in the hotel or
    working staff/contractors.

The attacker could have known/seen the drugs she is taking and added a
    little something to the mix which might have made her act strangely and
    eventually lead to a 'more advantageous' state to carry out the murder. 

This way the person had great knowledge and maybe even control over any
    tapes, keys and tricks about the roof access. Also, a semi-techy person could
    have hacked her accounts with a way too few clicks and kept the social profiles
    active for whatever sick reason (maybe it was the place they met = the place
    he/she will keep the connection with Elisa).

A little more tech experience and the tracks online are lost (who posted
    the things after her death should be very easily traceable with a simple IP
    lookup and little more magic – why has no one done that?) and even the no
    official record of her not attending the university could have been a job of
    some programming.

What does everyone think of this possibility? 

I think someone might have very well disabled the alarm just for her, because the autopsy report, at least to me, suggests he was dead prior to going into the tank. Maybe the loud noise that was heard was the heavy tank lid slamming down, as some have suggested?
    I think it's possible unless the noise was unrelated which is hard to believe.
    edited March 2015

under the carpet. 

some programming.

I actually once heard that IPs can also be falsely assigned to a computer. How true is this?

But the whole stalking of EL on her Tumblr makes a lot of sense. She had even admitted that it was risky to post so much personal information. And then she was meeting up with online people alone in a foreign country?Taking risks is very much in line with mania though. Many of her posts are emotionally charged and indicate how vulnerable she was.
  • hopehope Member

I actually once heard that IPs can also be falsely assigned to a computer. How true is this?

Yes - it is possible! But - there are more ways to try to trace down the source / area / machine it is being posted with. I'm sure the authorities have more possibilities we can imagine to do this. 

Yes - it is possible! But - there are more ways to try to trace down the source / area / machine it is being posted with. I'm sure the authorities have more possibilities we can imagine to do this. 
    I'm hoping they are still investigating and that the reason why it's taking long is because they have other cases to solve.
    edited March 2015

under the carpet. 

some programming.

Welcome to the forums, Hope. 

I agree with pretty much everything you said. It's too bizarre for a woman to kill herself in a water tank, the most horrible way possible, and then toss her clothes in after her (or before she jumped in).

As for the computer stuff, it would indeed be traceable if anyone made the effort - but sadly, the police force didn't. There's been no pursuit of any suspects, any substantial collection of evidence, or anything resembling anything remotely like an investigation. She drugged herself. She danced in an elevator. She drowned. That's all they need to consider the case solved, and it's a shame.

However, I'm still not even convinced any of this actually happened. I feel there is the strong possibility this is just a psy-op by an intelligence agency to gauge the public reaction to an event. When enough such reactions have been measured, future operations become that much easier. 

We need to keep in mind that we've seen practically no hard evidence whatsoever that Elisa ever even existed. Her friends are all unnamed and have evaporated. Her family has disappeared. No body has ever been seen. There is no real trace of her existence outside of a few social media accounts (easily created), and a few graduation photos (easily stolen). We saw all this happen during Sandy Hook. Maybe this was a *prelude* to Sandy Hook? The Chris Dorner fiasco felt like another psy-op. Put Elisa and Chris together, and you have all the elements that later comprised the Sandy Hook incident. Is that a coincidence?

Nevertheless, good insights. This is indeed an intriguing mystery.
    -------------------
    edited March 2015

under the carpet. 

some programming.

Welcome to the forums, Hope. 

I agree with pretty much everything you said. It's too bizarre for a woman to kill herself in a water tank, the most horrible way possible, and then toss her clothes in after her (or before she jumped in).

As for the computer stuff, it would indeed be traceable if anyone made the effort - but sadly, the police force didn't. There's been no pursuit of any suspects, any substantial collection of evidence, or anything resembling anything remotely like an investigation. She drugged herself. She danced in an elevator. She drowned. That's all they need to consider the case solved, and it's a shame.

However, I'm still not even convinced any of this actually happened. I feel there is the strong possibility this is just a psy-op by an intelligence agency to gauge the public reaction to an event. When enough such reactions have been measured, future operations become that much easier. 

We need to keep in mind that we've seen practically no hard evidence whatsoever that Elisa ever even existed. Her friends are all unnamed and have evaporated. Her family has disappeared. No body has ever been seen. There is no real trace of her existence outside of a few social media accounts (easily created), and a few graduation photos (easily stolen). We saw all this happen during Sandy Hook. Maybe this was a *prelude* to Sandy Hook? The Chris Dorner fiasco felt like another psy-op. Put Elisa and Chris together, and you have all the elements that later comprised the Sandy Hook incident. Is that a coincidence?

Nevertheless, good insights. This is indeed an intriguing mystery.
    On websleuth's someone mentioned EL's photo on FB from a visit to Toronto. She was on the set of a CBC show called george stroumboulopoulos. I did a quick search and couldn't find the photo. It could just be a false rumour though. She had visited Toronto and Montreal. You just don't see much info on her to protect family privacy. She was sitting in the guest section from what I read to meet george in person after the show or maybe had met him before the taping. But it's just interesting to think she had been in my city. It seems she really wanted to get over her demons through her travels.

Here is an excerp from Metro News Toronto.
    "Yvonne Chung went to the same high school as Lam, who was a year older, and described her as “incredibly outgoing” and somebody who was friends with everybody.

“And really, she had the sweetest smile,” she told Metro Wednesday.

Teika Steins, manager of Planet Traveler, said Lam stayed at the Toronto hostel for about a week in early December and she never noticed any odd behaviour from the University of B.C. student.

“Her personality was very contagious,” she said. “She had a very charismatic personality and we were drawn towards it. She’d run down the stairs, bouncing up and down.”

“We have a lot of people come and go, but when you have people like Elisa who are cheerful all the time and very welcoming to people, you just remember them,” Steins said, adding Lam joined her and other hostel staff for dinner at one time."
    In case you hadn't seen this.

International newspapers don't have the resources to fly to Canada to interview friends and family further verifying her existence, but here are two Canadians testifying in a Canadian newspaper that she did exist.

As to the reason why more people didn't step up and publicly talk about EL they just don't like the limelight. It's hard enough finding character witnesses after a murder. A girl I knew from work was shot and killed by her boyfriend and none of her closest friends stepped up to testify. It's very common for friends and family to go into hiding because they don't want their privacy invaded.
    Police are usually very good at protecting privacy, but media is often there to exploit.

You give an inch and they take a mile sometimes when it comes to sharing information. No one wants to be hounded by media because something people read is seen to be made up. When people doubt your public statement, you open yourself up to death threats. People think you're a hired actor because your testimony isn't to their liking, etc. In my case, character testimony had no chance of being revealed to the public, but talking to media is kind of a different story altogether.You might be afraid of people accusing you of being the perp even.

In this day and age when you're under a bigger microscope of a larger demographic of people who could accuse you of lying, it's no wonder people avoid media attention, which is sad because it means no one trusts that people will believe them.

The other theory as to why more people don't step up relates to the cultural background of ELs friends. If you have not been brought up to speak openly about negative things, you would not find it particularly easy to do so. Remember we're not talking about New Yorkers or Americans in general. Her friends would have been mostly Canadians in Vancouver or Chinese. Not exactly a very open group of people when it comes to discussing death and murder etc.
    edited March 2015
    My hats off to Matt for keeping this discussion going. You probably never imagined it would get this much attention. It's been two years since you first posted and now it's 2015 and people are still commenting. Happy anniversary...oh wait that's in June.
    edited March 2015
    Okay this is the third post in one day for me. Maybe I need to take a break lol. I found this list of sleep walking strangeness. EL may have been sleep walking. People have suggested on websleuths that she maybe took Ambien, a drug for insomnia which has been linked to sleepwalking. How accurate it is, i can't vouch for: http://listverse.com/2013/06/07/10-terrifying-tales-of-sleepwalking/ this link also mentions a young girl who was found sleeping atop a crane. You know those construction cranes for building condos. Over 130 feet up from ground level. O.o http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-354802/Sleepwalker-age-15-curled-crane.html here is a list of side effects of ambient. Scroll down the article to see sleepwalking.

The graffiti on the roof suggests people frequently visit the roof. Not sleepwalkers probably. There are reports of leftover food containers and beer bottles being left up there which suggests anyone could have been there with her. If the door is usually locked, someone was in the habit of opening the doors for a great number of people.
    Fair enough regarding the lack of people coming forward. I will admit I'm still not entirely convinced, but what you propose is very reasonable and logical. Sometimes I forget that not all people are running towards the front line with a magnifying glass - this website turns us all into hard core citizen journalists.

That's very interesting regarding her stay in Toronto. Thanks for sharing that. Isn't it a massive contrast how she was friendly and outgoing, and everyone loved her while in Toronto, but when she's in LA, people describe her has annoying and bothersome? And isn't it interesting that her social media paints her as a introvert suffering from multiple ailments with difficult socializing? That really intrigues me. I wonder what happened that caused her to transition from being one person into the other. 

As for this thread's success, it's because of people like yourself who take interest in such stories and seek the truth. As long as there are seekers of the truth, websites such as these will live long, long into the future and gain more and more attention as they go. You've now become a part of a growing community!

-------------------
    edited March 2015
    Fair enough regarding the lack of people coming forward. I will admit I'm still not entirely convinced, but what you propose is very reasonable and logical. Sometimes I forget that not all people are running towards the front line with a magnifying glass - this website turns us all into hard core citizen journalists.

That's very interesting regarding her stay in Toronto. Thanks for sharing that. Isn't it a massive contrast how she was friendly and outgoing, and everyone loved her while in Toronto, but when she's in LA, people describe her has annoying and bothersome? And isn't it interesting that her social media paints her as a introvert suffering from multiple ailments with difficult socializing? That really intrigues me. I wonder what happened that caused her to transition from being one person into the other. 

As for this thread's success, it's because of people like yourself who take interest in such stories and seek the truth. As long as there are seekers of the truth, websites such as these will live long, long into the future and gain more and more attention as they go. You've now become a part of a growing community!

I have a theory as to why people saw her differently. Online she didn't strike me as introverted. She seemed very opinionated and curious about things. She was depressed, but introverted? What makes you think she was? Her friends all say she was outgoing and easily made friends. She probably saw herself as an outcast and felt many of the people she knew were not close or very trustworthy. We are expected to act like we love everyone, but reality can be quite different.

In the hostel where she stayed, she was seen as friendly and outgoing. As a traveller, that is a good thing because other travelers are likely lonely too. In a bookstore however, people go there to shop. Some people might be there with their boyfriend on a date and don't want to be bothered. I never notice people chatting strangers up in a bookstore. And if she was manic while there, that would have made people even more uncomfortable. Did the bookstore owner really say EL was being annoying? In her interview posted on YouTube, she only says good things about her. But if she did, I can see why she might assume how a manic person could drive away customers. She may not have been manic while in Toronto but it's all theories. I never knew her, but I know that even I can act very differently around different people. I find Americans easier to talk to in general compared to my fellow Canadians. Some people see me as quiet and unapproachable while others I could talk to for hours on end. It sometimes depends on who you're talking to.

I found out that the Speakeasy was not a bar as many people have speculated. It is a live event that takes place at The Last Bookstore which EL was allegedly so fond of visiting. If you search Last Bookstore on YouTube you can find several videos of the SpeakEasy. She really loved that place and looking at some of the videos, I can see why. She must have felt like Alice in Wonderland in there. The atmosphere combined with the live music and poetry readings must be quite an experience.

edited March 2015
    Joshua Dysart reading at The Last Bookstore in LA. Part 7 of 13: In 2012, popular comic artist Joshua Dysart spoke at the Speakeasy about visiting an old asylum where a female mental patient had died (2:30) after she went to the TB infectious disease ward, undressed, and neatly folded her clothes onto the floor next to her, and lay down with arms crossed on her chest before dying from exposure (freezing to death). Creepy stuff. Worth watching. He is known for a comic called Harbingers published by Valiant comics. I wonder if he has heard about EL as he lives in LA.

I have a theory as to why people saw her differently. Online she didn't strike me as introverted. She seemed very opinionated and curious about things. She was depressed, but introverted? What makes you think she was? Her friends all say she was outgoing and easily made friends. She probably saw herself as an outcast and felt many of the people she knew were not close or very trustworthy. We are expected to act like we love everyone, but reality can be quite different.

In the hostel where she stayed, she was seen as friendly and outgoing. As a traveller, that is a good thing because other travelers are likely lonely too. In a bookstore however, people go there to shop. Some people might be there with their boyfriend on a date and don't want to be bothered. I never notice people chatting strangers up in a bookstore. And if she was manic while there, that would have made people even more uncomfortable. Did the bookstore owner really say EL was being annoying? In her interview posted on YouTube, she only says good things about her. But if she did, I can see why she might assume how a manic person could drive away customers. She may not have been manic while in Toronto but it's all theories. I never knew her, but I know that even I can act very differently around different people. I find Americans easier to talk to in general compared to my fellow Canadians. Some people see me as quiet and unapproachable while others I could talk to for hours on end. It sometimes depends on who you're talking to.

I found out that the Speakeasy was not a bar as many people have speculated. It is a live event that takes place at The Last Bookstore which EL was allegedly so fond of visiting. If you search Last Bookstore on YouTube you can find several videos of the SpeakEasy. She really loved that place and looking at some of the videos, I can see why. She must have felt like Alice in Wonderland in there. The atmosphere combined with the live music and poetry readings must be quite an experience.

The "introversion" only came from her own description of herself - she was always complaining that it was hard to relate to people, that tumblr was her only refuge, that she began living her life online rather than in real life, and that she was hardly interacting with anyone anymore. And those she did interact with mostly did her wrong. Of course, all of this is from her social media, so I have no idea as to its accuracy.

As for the book shop owner, I could have sworn I read that she was disturbing other customers in the shop, talking loudly and so on, so I gathered she as being a bit of an annoyance. But I find almost everyone annoying, so I'm a poor judge of that, lol.

Is there any evidence that she experienced manic episodes? True, she was diagnosed as "bi-polar", but does that really mean anything in an age where simply smiling is considered a mental illness by our controllers? According to her social media, she seemed to always be down in the dumps, and complained of both depression and not feeling well physically (I imagine stemming from the ridiculous medications she was on.)

Good info on The Speakeasy. I had a bar in mind until you clarified that with this information. Good find. 
    -------------------
    edited March 2015

The "introversion" only came from her own description of herself - she was always complaining that it was hard to relate to people, that tumblr was her only refuge, that she began living her life online rather than in real life, and that she was hardly interacting with anyone anymore. And those she did interact with mostly did her wrong. Of course, all of this is from her social media, so I have no idea as to its accuracy.

As for the book shop owner, I could have sworn I read that she was disturbing other customers in the shop, talking loudly and so on, so I gathered she as being a bit of an annoyance. But I find almost everyone annoying, so I'm a poor judge of that, lol.

Is there any evidence that she experienced manic episodes? True, she was diagnosed as "bi-polar", but does that really mean anything in an age where simply smiling is considered a mental illness by our controllers? According to her social media, she seemed to always be down in the dumps, and complained of both depression and not feeling well physically (I imagine stemming from the ridiculous medications she was on.)

Good info on The Speakeasy. I had a bar in mind until you clarified that with this information. Good find. 
    I'd have to say it's from what I read about the medications she was taking in regards to her bi-polarism. Being manic isn't just about talking loudly, but it's a sense of disconnect from your immediate surroundings from not being able to control your emotions. A manic episode usually involves poor/risky decision making, due to either intense happiness or distress or even anger that doesn't dissipate. It's just a sense of losing control of your feelings and thoughts. But symptoms depend on what class of bi-polar disorder one has. Risky behavior is not the main indicator. Some people do risky things but are not mentally ill, but they are aware of the dangers. So it's more about what an individual could potentially do to themself because they are not aware of the danger they face. Being unable to control emotions affects concentration (study) and the ability to maintain healthy relationships because of conflict etc. Not being able to maintain personal boundaries often leads to sticky situations. (This is just all stuff I researched about a year ago when my friend ended up in emergency.)

The Last Bookstore looks like a hub of social activity. EL likely met quite a few people there. Maybe not all were good.

I looked at a comic called "make 5 wishes" by the comic artist who spoke in the bookstore. Eerily, the main character jumps from a bridge into a river while holding a box with a demon locked inside in part two. Coincidences are scary.

• hopehope Member
    edited March 2015
    I just realized the writing forum I am a part of has this link: 

(Staff Edit: Site link removed - Unrelated, Advertising - please don't advertise other websites on our forum. Links related to this thread are of course, always welcome. Please check out our forum rules on the "Help Center" thread for more information.)

If anyone is in mood to dig deep, something there might be useful. I will try later this evening.. 

I'd have to say it's from what I read about the medications she was taking in regards to her bi-polarism. Being manic isn't just about talking loudly, but it's a sense of disconnect from your immediate surroundings from not being able to control your emotions. A manic episode usually involves poor/risky decision making, due to either intense happiness or distress or even anger that doesn't dissipate. It's just a sense of losing control of your feelings and thoughts. But symptoms depend on what class of bi-polar disorder one has. Risky behavior is not the main indicator. Some people do risky things but are not mentally ill, but they are aware of the dangers. So it's more about what an individual could potentially do to themself because they are not aware of the danger they face. Being unable to control emotions affects concentration (study) and the ability to maintain healthy relationships because of conflict etc. Not being able to maintain personal boundaries often leads to sticky situations. (This is just all stuff I researched about a year ago when my friend ended up in emergency.)

The Last Bookstore looks like a hub of social activity. EL likely met quite a few people there. Maybe not all were good.

I looked at a comic called "make 5 wishes" by the comic artist who spoke in the bookstore. Eerily, the main character jumps from a bridge into a river while holding a box with a demon locked inside in part two. Coincidences are scary.

Thanks for that added information regarding the bipolar condition. Unfortunately for us, this makes the Elisa Lam situation an even more complicated incident, which I'm sure the culprits / the police / who knows who else took advantage of.

Very interesting regarding the comic book. "Predictive programming" is something that many people don't think as hard as they should about. Have you seen the "Dark Water" movie (I think it's called) that is very similar to Elisa's situation? 
    -------------------
    edited March 2015

Thanks for that added information regarding the bipolar condition. Unfortunately for us, this makes the Elisa Lam situation an even more complicated incident, which I'm sure the culprits / the police / who knows who else took advantage of.

Very interesting regarding the comic book. "Predictive programming" is something that many people don't think as hard as they should about. Have you seen the "Dark Water" movie (I think it's called) that is very similar to Elisa's situation? 
    I haven't seen Dark Water, but I've seen people drawing similarities. Even the story recounted by the comic artist at the bookstore is strangely similar to EL's case. The woman undressed before dying. No one questioned if she had really died with her arms crossed across her chest and folded her clothes herself because the doors to the asylum were self locking and people assume that anyone who had been inside with her would have been trapped inside with her. The cause of death was determined to be exposure, but isn't it kind of hard to lie still with arms crossed across your chest while you die from freezing to death? The comic artist (Joshua Dysart) himself was able to enter and exit by keeping the doors wedged open. It's possible that someone else did the same and was responsible for her death. It really fits with the times (It apparently occurred back in the 70s) that they would dismiss the death of a mentally ill person as suicide/accidental although it may have been. I doubt that a lot would have been done to investigate the situation. 
    edited March 2015
    I just realized the writing forum I am a part of has this link: 

(Staff Edit: Site link removed - Unrelated, Advertising - please don't advertise other websites on our forum. Links related to this thread are of course, always welcome. Please check out our forum rules on the "Help Center" thread for more information.)

If anyone is in mood to dig deep, something there might be useful. I will try later this evening.. 
    Opps, the link is missing. Which forum is it?
  • hopehope Member
    Oh, was I not able to post it because it is another forum? 
    Anyhow, there is a massive section within the Poets & Writers dot org / speakeasy. It is called speakeasy message forum. 
    Oh, was I not able to post it because it is another forum? 
    Anyhow, there is a massive section within the Poets & Writers dot org / speakeasy. It is called speakeasy message forum. 
    I think I found it by Googling. Is it pw.org? Has someone written about Elisa?
  • hopehope Member
    PW is a poets and writers forum. I think they might have had meet ups for readings or maybe she has been a member. It's probably nothing though. 
    @wisteria1234

On this particular website, if a link doesn't have anything to do with the subject at hand, it will likely end up being removed by one of the staff. The reason for this is because people often come along, pretend to join a conversation due to our traffic, and then suddenly spam a link in.

Now, I'm not saying that was the intention here, nor is this even a big deal, but that's just one of the forum rules that helps us keep this place spam and problem free. Hopefully that's understandable. We did in fact do a check of the linked website to see if there was any Elisa-related material there, and there wasn't, so the link ended up being removed for being too tangental and verging on solicitation. If we're incorrect, be sure to let us know and we'd be glad to include it again.

Nevertheless, we have a great PM system here, so if you guys want to share links back and forth between one another that reside outside of the news being discussed here, no problemo - just make sure the links being shared on this thread (and of course all our threads) pertain to the subject being discussed. Or, if you want to start your own threads that pertain to creative writing and so on, by all means - we love seeing that stuff, too (as long as it doesn't do a drive-by shooting on our rules). All members, including yourselves, have free reign to post new topics, so if there's anything you'd like to independently share, feel free to do so.

Cheers, good people.
    -------------------
    edited March 2015
    PW is a poets and writers forum. I think they might have had meet ups for readings or maybe she has been a member. It's probably nothing though. 
    I tried to do a search but there is no mention of EL. 

On the other hand, I found this article on the mysterious deaths of two women in Thailand. They discovered that an undetectable pesticide may have been responsible: http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blog.htmlb=news.nationalpost.com/2015/03/02/quebec-sisters-who-died-mysteriously-at-thailand-resort-were-likely-intoxicated-by-pesticides-coroner-says

I am unsure about the symptoms and signs of overdose, but the poison results in a severe lack of oxygen to the brain and is very hard to detect in blood tests after death. They say it must have been used to fumigate the hotel room for bed bugs. 

These types of deaths have occurred mainly in Thailand hotels, but the poison has a very short halflife after which it is undetectable. It may not have been the cause of death of EL, but it's an example of how drugs/poisons don't always show up on toxicology reports. 

I tried to do a search but there is no mention of EL. 

On the other hand, I found this article on the mysterious deaths of two women in Thailand. They discovered that an undetectable pesticide may have been responsible: http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/blog.htmlb=news.nationalpost.com/2015/03/02/quebec-sisters-who-died-mysteriously-at-thailand-resort-were-likely-intoxicated-by-pesticides-coroner-says

I am unsure about the symptoms and signs of overdose, but the poison results in a severe lack of oxygen to the brain and is very hard to detect in blood tests after death. They say it must have been used to fumigate the hotel room for bed bugs. 

These types of deaths have occurred mainly in Thailand hotels, but the poison has a very short halflife after which it is undetectable. It may not have been the cause of death of EL, but it's an example of how drugs/poisons don't always show up on toxicology reports. 
    I remember this story. Really good connection. Even the autopsy report said there wasn't enough blood available to do proper tests (if I recall correctly), and the final toxicology report revealed nothing, at least according to them. 
    -------------------
  • amc13amc13 Member
    Hi, I too found out about this case recently from a top ten video and have been researching it and it's driving me crazy not knowing what happened. After finding this thread and reading it all, I see I'm in good company lol.

So, to throw my two cents in (bc at this point my husband looks at me like I'm nuts and is sick of hearing about this case haha), I am pretty convinced it had to either be staff -which I would guess would be some of those sleezy security guards mentioned in that online review that was brought up earlier in this thread - or possibly someone with wealth and/or political standing.

It seems like the LAPD let this one slide, which suggests to me that it might be the latter. I can't understand why staff would get a "get out of jail free" card from the LAPD, there's nothing in it for the police. But if someone of money and power, possibly the son of such a person even, might get access others wouldn't to the hotel (and rooftop), and could have a phone call made for them to cover things up. I know, I know..this is very Castle lol, but these things happen. That could potentially silence the police and hotel.

Maybe this person frequents the bar, plays poker with friends, and enjoys the many prostitutes hanging around. Maybe he's done things like this before. He'd know the hotel, the staff and regular people well.

Things that stand out to me in the video...
    She comes in and leans down to the buttons...it seems like, being that close, you wouldn't press the "hold" button by accident.

She seems like she's waiting for another person and begins playing when they don't come in right after her. She doesn't seem scared. I don't think she looks like she's on drugs, nor do I think she could have ended up in the tank herself if she were.

It also is odd to me why she would spend so much time -outside- of the elevator were she afraid or if she were waiting for it to move. It seems like most of the time she's standing outside of it.

Lastly, she seems to be talking/playing with two people to either side of the elevator. She peeks out to the right and is playing, then it looks like she stands just out to the left talking to someone else, then she does the ticking things off on her fingers while talking with emphasis to the right, then the gesture, which looks to me like "come on, are we getting on this elevator or what, step on in" over to the left. All of her gestures and movements look, to me, like someone playing, socializing and being amped up and silly. Not afraid, uncomfortable or on drugs.

So then maybe they said no to the elevator, let's go up on the roof! And she left with person to the right. Person on the left, if they follow, would have been cut out due to passing in front of the camera before the door closed. Perhaps the missing footage contains glimpses of said people. Again, I can't understand a cover up unless this person has some sort of leverage though.

It has been noted that there were beer bottles and garbage, etc. on the rooftop.. Maybe this person/these people like to hang out up there...could be security who has access or people with privileged access. Seems odd that many people would brave the ladder up the fire escape with beer and snacks just to hang out on the roof. But people are daring and crazy, so who knows.

Anyway, that's all I've got. This case is so interesting! I hope we find out one day what happened, though I doubt it.

Hi, I too found out about this case recently from a top ten video and have been researching it and it's driving me crazy not knowing what happened. After finding this thread and reading it all, I see I'm in good company lol.

So, to throw my two cents in (bc at this point my husband looks at me like I'm nuts and is sick of hearing about this case haha), I am pretty convinced it had to either be staff -which I would guess would be some of those sleezy security guards mentioned in that online review that was brought up earlier in this thread - or possibly someone with wealth and/or political standing.

It seems like the LAPD let this one slide, which suggests to me that it might be the latter. I can't understand why staff would get a "get out of jail free" card from the LAPD, there's nothing in it for the police. But if someone of money and power, possibly the son of such a person even, might get access others wouldn't to the hotel (and rooftop), and could have a phone call made for them to cover things up. I know, I know..this is very Castle lol, but these things happen. That could potentially silence the police and hotel.

Maybe this person frequents the bar, plays poker with friends, and enjoys the many prostitutes hanging around. Maybe he's done things like this before. He'd know the hotel, the staff and regular people well.

Things that stand out to me in the video...
    She comes in and leans down to the buttons...it seems like, being that close, you wouldn't press the "hold" button by accident.

She seems like she's waiting for another person and begins playing when they don't come in right after her. She doesn't seem scared. I don't think she looks like she's on drugs, nor do I think she could have ended up in the tank herself if she were.

It also is odd to me why she would spend so much time -outside- of the elevator were she afraid or if she were waiting for it to move. It seems like most of the time she's standing outside of it.

Lastly, she seems to be talking/playing with two people to either side of the elevator. She peeks out to the right and is playing, then it looks like she stands just out to the left talking to someone else, then she does the ticking things off on her fingers while talking with emphasis to the right, then the gesture, which looks to me like "come on, are we getting on this elevator or what, step on in" over to the left. All of her gestures and movements look, to me, like someone playing, socializing and being amped up and silly. Not afraid, uncomfortable or on drugs.

So then maybe they said no to the elevator, let's go up on the roof! And she left with person to the right. Person on the left, if they follow, would have been cut out due to passing in front of the camera before the door closed. Perhaps the missing footage contains glimpses of said people. Again, I can't understand a cover up unless this person has some sort of leverage though.

It has been noted that there were beer bottles and garbage, etc. on the rooftop.. Maybe this person/these people like to hang out up there...could be security who has access or people with privileged access. Seems odd that many people would brave the ladder up the fire escape with beer and snacks just to hang out on the roof. But people are daring and crazy, so who knows.

Anyway, that's all I've got. This case is so interesting! I hope we find out one day what happened, though I doubt it.

Welcome to the forums, Amc.

I agree with much of what you said here, especially regarding her not seeming in any sort of distress (if that was indeed her in the video). That the LAPD basically gave up on the case without ever searching for a culprit definitely makes me think long the same lines - that someone was interacting with her, something went wrong, and she ended up in a water tank. 
    -------------------
    edited March 2015
    This article contains a comment from a club drug and behaviour analyst. It could have been any substance, but the waving of the hands fits in with hallucinating. http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/canadian-woman-elisa-lam-death-cecil-hotel-444322 The analyst says that finding EL in the water tank doesn't fit in with being under the influence. I'm guessing everyone sees how hard it is to get up there safely without assistance. Just posting old links since nothing new has come up in two years.
    Some thoughts:

1.   The photo in that article is, at least to me, an excellent example of how different the woman in the elevator looked compared to what Elisa looked like. It's like night and day, isn't it? Or am I hallucinating?

2.   I agree, some of her strange behaviour around the elevator, especially when she's petting the imaginary dog beside her, leads me to believe she's seeing something that we're not. But on the other hand, the rest of her movements are nimble, and seem lucid. I don't understand why / how she could be behaving in both manners simultaneously.
    -------------------
    edited March 2015
    The photo is maybe showing a geeky side kind of. I saw a picture of her from graduation for highschool done up with makeup and she looks more like that when she first walks in the elevator. I don't know if it makes sense, but it seemed like she has dorky versus non dorky moments. She has "geeky" photos from highschool, but "posed" photos too. It's interesting because when she first walks into the elevator, she seems different (graceful/composed), but when she starts jumping and waves her hands around, she immediately starts looking kind of dorky. I mean who wouldn't if they're hallucinating a bit? I think under the influence, it's no longer within your control. Look at when she first walks into the elevator and pushes the buttons. Then compare that to when she jumps out of the elevator and starts shuffling around and waving her hands. Do you see the difference in energy? It's two different states of mind/people. I mean you can see it in her photos. She uses more composure in some photos than others. The moment the drug started working in the elevator, her grace and composure were gone. In the photo you see she's not wearing any posed expression. She has that toothy grin from that other photo. Maybe she felt societal pressures in certain photos and not in others. Hard to say.

In regards to simultaneously seeing things while being nimble? You can hallucinate while having amazing nimbleness. (But we don't know if EL was after she left the elevator.) My cat once accidentally ingested my dad's medication (for a neurological condition) that had dropped on the floor and he thought the room was going to swallow him whole. He growled and hissed and was able to jump over a metre high. He had more energy probably brought on by fear though. We make sure not a single thing drops on the floor now. In EL's case, it looks like she was just beginning to see things. She was hearing something first. Then she started seeing. Maybe the effect on balance occurs after. Or maybe the dose was too small to affect balance. If someone slipped her something, they'd not want her to be dead weight. Just confused enough so they don't need to carry her? Ugh. Horrid thought.
  • I came across Elisa Lam the other day. Such a creepy story. To my husband's dismay, I have read the entire thread in two days. The ideas/theories are amazing.

Before I get into my own thoughts, has anyone read this page?

https://inthelandoftheblindoneeyeisking.wordpress.com/2013/02/27/elisa-lam-murder-and-the-signs-that-were-given/#comments

The whole thing screams conspiracy to me and everyone's theories seem valid, but I can't help but think the TB outbreak is connected.

edited March 2015
    I came across Elisa Lam the other day. Such a creepy story. To my husband's dismay, I have read the entire thread in two days. The ideas/theories are amazing.

https://inthelandoftheblindoneeyeisking.wordpress.com/2013/02/27/elisa-lam-murder-and-the-signs-that-were-given/#comments

The whole thing screams conspiracy to me and everyone's theories seem valid, but I can't help but think the TB outbreak is connected.

Welcome to the forums, and considering that's about 500 comments of reading - impressive.

A number of the theories on that page are reflected within this thread, aside from the Alistair Crowley theory, which I honestly haven't looked into since I'm not entirely convinced about that sort of stuff. Yet, at least.

The TB connection definitely remains mysterious, at least in my opinion. Even more so considering that the university she was attending had a TB research facility attached to it. An extremely bizarre coincidence if so.

What are your thoughts, and what do you feel is worth noting on that linked page?
    -------------------
  • thenewseasonthenewseason Member
    edited March 2015
    So I was browsing Elisa's alleged tumbler account and i came across this interesting illuminati photo that was posted 1 year ago it says, which was after her death (wtf?), and it is of a woman making the third line of a triangle with her arm while only showing one eye, and doing a satanic hand gesture (http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/48598661321). If this alone wasn't strange enough, someone with the name of "EACH THING I SHOW YOU IS A PIECE OF MY DEATH" re blogged this picture. So naturally, i went to this persons tumbler and of course there are, you guessed it, more strange illuminati pictures of triangles and other images including this one of a lone mirror http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/114124423452. I found this to be interesting because a mirror may have possibly an important piece in the puzzle of Elisa Lam's death (the mirror on the wall she may be looking at while outside the elevator). And I found a picture of a mirror on Elisa's actual tumbler as well http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/43193827241/kitty-en-classe-ph-rene-groebli.

I thought that was interesting but still, could just be a coincidence. I thought maybe the similarities on this new tumbler site were there because this person was a follower of Elisa's on tumblr and tumbler is all about sharing common ground. But the more i looked at this other blog, the more i saw frequent posts about depression, suicide, and mental illness (bi-polar disorder in particular), just as Elisa Lam was purported to have. However, I think that the similarities are too many to just call it coincidence and I see these pictures as possible symbols that point towards Elisa Lam's death. (The Illuminati are OBSESSED with symbols by the way)

Below are posts from Elisa Lam's follower, "Each Thing I Show You Is A Piece of My Death": 

"You don’t know what you’re saying. I can’t help being mentally ill. My illness affects my whole life and my relationships with people, which are few. I never feel truly happy when out of mania. The worst thing is that when I became manic, I thought my dreams became true. I was who I always wanted to be. And then it was taken from me with all the pills I have to take now. There is no place for God. I’m sorry, God won’t heal me."

"Being bipolar is shit. My depressive self returned. With a lot of force. Self destruction seems beautiful again. My faith disappeared again. I hate my character and appearance again. I have no targets in life again. I have no will to live again. I am my worst enemy again."

-On Elisa Lams official blog she talks about how she hates the look of her legs and how disproportionate to her body that she finds them to be, which lines up with this other blog talking about how she hates her appearance.

- Lam talks about being out of touch with people as well and not being able to relate to many people in real life and this other blog mentions this other person not having many relationships. The bipolar and crippling depression issues mentioned in this other blog were exactly what Elisa was said to be struggling with and lines up too well with what she blogged about before she died

- Illuminati all seeing eye. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/114109963613. Pyramids-  http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113938431391. There are plenty more illuminati symbols if you look such as picture with the THELEMA symbol. SATANIC! is she a thelemite? this ties in with Aliester Crowley, who stayed at the same hotel and wrote a strange poem about a girl which people have tied to Elisa. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113415402377

-Bipolar posts. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113321307967. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113321320557

- LAPD also shared with the public that lisa left home without her glasses. There is a picture on "each thing i show to you is a piece of my death"s blog that shows a cartoon character removing her glasses. 

- There is also a picture of a scared girl backing up to the wall with a knife in hand (making on infer there is a murderer after her)- http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113923976988.

-There is a picture with the words "Am I really alive?". People are still asking that question about her today. The text under that picture says
      "Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways." 
    Maybe this could mean the truth (her unexpressed emotions at the time) was buried and her death (the cover up) will have consequences?

-There is a picture of two people swimming in water in a strange and dark pool. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113861446087. Connection to her and her killer in the water tank?

-Again, a photo of someone falling into water http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113748171702.

-Grave/death symbolism http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113682557900

-Falling stars... symbolic of lucifer the fallen star? demons? maybe a link to illuminati/ possession? http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113677304443.

-Pic of a girl fixing her hair http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113674722741. Some say she fixed her hair in the mirror outside of the elevator.

-Again, picture of the ocean (water) and a quote about letting go? http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113671974177

-Again, a pool in what may be a hotel? http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113650279498 and the focus of the light is on two people.

-Posts on sucide even. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113625814917. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113625964767.

-Multiple posts of a full moon. She may have at night, or this could be illuminati symbolism? http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/114210818634. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/114185772941

-This photo of seemingly one dog turns into two. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113856561500. We are being led to believe there was only one person involved in her death (Elisa herself) but there is another person hiding, surprise.

-A demon taking over? http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113625145827. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/112278767027

-A picture saying "I'M DEAD" - seriously does it get more obvious? http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113624180132

-She wants to die. There's a post of her saying "I WANT TO DIE" about a hundred times and there's this quote- Why do I want to die? It’s simple. When I have no mania, I have no life. I can’t do what I really want, I do nothing and everything is too much and too difficult. I don’t feel love or sympathy, just hopelessness and hate. 

-Elisa Lam spoke of relapse in her official facebook and this blog talks about past drug use. http://freyija.tumblr.com/page/7. more drug use http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113580612927. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/112190054804

-Another picture of a girl with a gun to her head. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113612581752. was her life threatened? 

-Multiple evil looking pictures with contorted hand gestures, relating perhaps to her strange hand movements . http://freyija.tumblr.com/page/9http://freyija.tumblr.com/page/9. http://freyija.tumblr.com/page/9. http://freyija.tumblr.com/page/9

-There's a picture of a girl laying in water and saying "a piece of me died".

-There's a picture of a naked person running around and stumbling by himself. she died naked and was possibly running from something while stumbling around.

-Sacrifice. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113283442192/lion-cubs-watching-television

-Hotel room pictures. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/112842193092. There's a few like this of downtown and hotels.

Now maybe I am just looking to far into all of this. But for this account to have the name that it does and all of the strange coincidental pictures and themes that line up with what we know about Elisa Lam so far... is just too freaking weird.

Tell me what you think! Am I stretching it or is this blog site full of clues about her death?

So I was browsing Elisa's alleged tumbler account and i came across this interesting illuminati photo that was posted 1 year ago it says, which was after her death (wtf?), and it is of a woman making the third line of a triangle with her arm while only showing one eye, and doing a satanic hand gesture (http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/48598661321). If this alone wasn't strange enough, someone with the name of "EACH THING I SHOW YOU IS A PIECE OF MY DEATH" re blogged this picture. So naturally, i went to this persons tumbler and of course there are, you guessed it, more strange illuminati pictures of triangles and other images including this one of a lone mirror http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/114124423452. I found this to be interesting because a mirror may have possibly an important piece in the puzzle of Elisa Lam's death (the mirror on the wall she may be looking at while outside the elevator). And I found a picture of a mirror on Elisa's actual tumbler as well http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/43193827241/kitty-en-classe-ph-rene-groebli.

I thought that was interesting but still, could just be a coincidence. I thought maybe the similarities on this new tumbler site were there because this person was a follower of Elisa's on tumblr and tumbler is all about sharing common ground. But the more i looked at this other blog, the more i saw frequent posts about depression, suicide, and mental illness (bi-polar disorder in particular), just as Elisa Lam was purported to have. However, I think that the similarities are too many to just call it coincidence and I see these pictures as possible symbols that point towards Elisa Lam's death. (The Illuminati are OBSESSED with symbols by the way)

Below are posts from Elisa Lam's follower, "Each Thing I Show You Is A Piece of My Death": 

"You don’t know what you’re saying. I can’t help being mentally ill. My illness affects my whole life and my relationships with people, which are few. I never feel truly happy when out of mania. The worst thing is that when I became manic, I thought my dreams became true. I was who I always wanted to be. And then it was taken from me with all the pills I have to take now. There is no place for God. I’m sorry, God won’t heal me."

"Being bipolar is shit. My depressive self returned. With a lot of force. Self destruction seems beautiful again. My faith disappeared again. I hate my character and appearance again. I have no targets in life again. I have no will to live again. I am my worst enemy again."

-On Elisa Lams official blog she talks about how she hates the look of her legs and how disproportionate to her body that she finds them to be, which lines up with this other blog talking about how she hates her appearance.

- Lam talks about being out of touch with people as well and not being able to relate to many people in real life and this other blog mentions this other person not having many relationships. The bipolar and crippling depression issues mentioned in this other blog were exactly what Elisa was said to be struggling with and lines up too well with what she blogged about before she died

- Illuminati all seeing eye. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/114109963613. Pyramids-  http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113938431391. There are plenty more illuminati symbols if you look such as picture with the THELEMA symbol. SATANIC! is she a thelemite? this ties in with Aliester Crowley, who stayed at the same hotel and wrote a strange poem about a girl which people have tied to Elisa. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113415402377

-Bipolar posts. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113321307967. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113321320557

- LAPD also shared with the public that lisa left home without her glasses. There is a picture on "each thing i show to you is a piece of my death"s blog that shows a cartoon character removing her glasses. 

- There is also a picture of a scared girl backing up to the wall with a knife in hand (making on infer there is a murderer after her)- http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113923976988.

-There is a picture with the words "Am I really alive?". People are still asking that question about her today. The text under that picture says
      "Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways." 
    Maybe this could mean the truth (her unexpressed emotions at the time) was buried and her death (the cover up) will have consequences?

-There is a picture of two people swimming in water in a strange and dark pool. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113861446087. Connection to her and her killer in the water tank?

-Again, a photo of someone falling into water http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113748171702.

-Grave/death symbolism http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113682557900

-Falling stars... symbolic of lucifer the fallen star? demons? maybe a link to illuminati/ possession? http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113677304443.

-Pic of a girl fixing her hair http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113674722741. Some say she fixed her hair in the mirror outside of the elevator.

-Again, picture of the ocean (water) and a quote about letting go? http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113671974177

-Again, a pool in what may be a hotel? http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113650279498 and the focus of the light is on two people.

-Posts on sucide even. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113625814917. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113625964767.

-Multiple posts of a full moon. She may have at night, or this could be illuminati symbolism? http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/114210818634. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/114185772941

-This photo of seemingly one dog turns into two. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113856561500. We are being led to believe there was only one person involved in her death (Elisa herself) but there is another person hiding, surprise.

-A demon taking over? http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113625145827. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/112278767027

-A picture saying "I'M DEAD" - seriously does it get more obvious? http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113624180132

-She wants to die. There's a post of her saying "I WANT TO DIE" about a hundred times and there's this quote- Why do I want to die? It’s simple. When I have no mania, I have no life. I can’t do what I really want, I do nothing and everything is too much and too difficult. I don’t feel love or sympathy, just hopelessness and hate. 

-Elisa Lam spoke of relapse in her official facebook and this blog talks about past drug use. http://freyija.tumblr.com/page/7. more drug use http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113580612927. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/112190054804

-Another picture of a girl with a gun to her head. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113612581752. was her life threatened? 

-Multiple evil looking pictures with contorted hand gestures, relating perhaps to her strange hand movements . http://freyija.tumblr.com/page/9http://freyija.tumblr.com/page/9. http://freyija.tumblr.com/page/9. http://freyija.tumblr.com/page/9

-There's a picture of a girl laying in water and saying "a piece of me died".

-There's a picture of a naked person running around and stumbling by himself. she died naked and was possibly running from something while stumbling around.

-Sacrifice. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/113283442192/lion-cubs-watching-television

-Hotel room pictures. http://freyija.tumblr.com/post/112842193092. There's a few like this of downtown and hotels.

Now maybe I am just looking to far into all of this. But for this account to have the name that it does and all of the strange coincidental pictures and themes that line up with what we know about Elisa Lam so far... is just too freaking weird.

Tell me what you think! Am I stretching it or is this blog site full of clues about her death?

Welcome to the forums, and to this ever-growing thread. That's a fantastic collection and analysis of items from her follower's tumblr that you've provided for us here, and it's a tremendous addition to our "citizen investigation."

While I've read through all her blogs and sites, and the weird fact that her tumblr continued to update after her death was the primary reason this thread was born, I've never gone into any of the images in depth, either on her follwers' pages or her own. Now that you have, it's obvious that this may very well be a huge area that has yet to be investigated, and which shows great promise. For instance, the gif that shouts, "I'M DEAD" is so blatant that it's almost comical. 

Could the hundreds of other collected photos and statements also mean something? I'm leaning towards yes now that I've gone over your list. Someone absolutely should do the same for Elisa's.
    -------------------
  • RayMarieRayMarie Member
    edited March 2015

Hello
    everyone,

I'm new here and I've been following the Elisa Lam case for almost a
    year. I remember hearing about her when it first happened, but I
    never really took interest in it. Then I came across the case while I
    was randomly on Tumblr searching for photos to reblog. I've read
    through most of her blog posts, I've looked at her sister's Facebook,
    looked up possible reasons for the crazy behavior on the elevator,
    replayed that video over and over to see if that foot everyone is
    talking about is really someone else's foot, looked through the
    autopsy report, tried to look up witnesses, even went as far as to
    try to find her flight from Canada to California (I wasn't
    successful.).

There are so many possible theories all of which have a lot of the evidence
    to back it up. So I think it's not a matter of which one is right,
    but more so how can we fuse them together. Cause when you think about
    it, this case is more than just a girl getting murdered. It's more
    than that.

So basically what I'm saying is, this case is more than just finding out
    what happened to Elisa. The LAPD are obviously trying to cover
    something, or push something aside. There is no doubt about it. There
    is also a murder/ers at loose still. Missing items that she brought
    with her, but were never found. A blog that spontaneously posted
    reblogged things randomly through 2013. And more questions and weird
    stuff that isn't answered. Crazy. I'll keep everyone updated on if I
    find anything.

Just a warning that I only read through like a couple pages, cause it was
    a lot to read through, so I might post something already posted by
    someone else on here.

Also I'm not really into grammar, so sorry lol.

I like books. :)
  • Hello all,

One thing that took my attention when I first started investigating this is the last post in Feb. 2013 on her nouvelle account. I make note of this on my mystery blog, which is still being fixed, but I'll put it on here early.

Her last post of in the month of February is this photo of The Hermit tarot card. (last post Feb 27, 2013).

This card describes Elisa perfectly. And her death... If you believe in coincidence, then this clue probably isn't for you. You see that roman numeral on top of the old man. That number is the number 9...the day autopsy and police believe she died is Feb. 1, 2013. aka 02-01-2013. Lets do the math. 0+2+0+1+2+0+1+3= 9. That is strange!!!

The card indicated solitude and being alone. 

“There comes a point in life when we begin to question the obvious. We sense that there is a deeper reality and begin to search for it. This is mainly a solitary quest because answers do not lie in the external world, but in ourselves. The hermit on Card 9 reminds us of Diogenes, the Greek ascetic who is said to have gone out with a lantern in hand to search for an honest man. Diogenes is a symbol of the search for truth that the Hermit hopes to uncover by stripping away all diversions.”

• Found some a photo of Elisa, one I personally haven't seen. It's another graduation picture with I'm guessing her cousin?

sign.PNG 664.8K
  • mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Found some a photo of Elisa, one I personally haven't seen. It's another graduation picture with I'm guessing her cousin?

Interesting posts RayMarie and welcome to the forum. I hadn't seen that grad pic before. 
    Also, what is nouvelle 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • This was a post of hers. Talking about the medication she took. Might of been changed or whatever. But this was on her post. Also if she is taking this much medication, how the heck did her family not know? The date posted is unknown right now. All it says is 2 years. 

"It’s still odd to me that people are so open to the internet and at times, more openly honest than with their friends. Thanks to To Catch a Predator, I think all of you are pedophiles who are trying to lure me into having sex but I doubt that because I’m not 13 and this is tumblr……Ah well the internet is where people throw their innermost thoughts and people read it as they peruse the internet-scape (heh netscape) and lurk about. 

It is somewhat reassuring that there is someone listening, even if you are all strangers and know these personal things.

Anyways….

Here is the cocktail of prescriptions I take for depression. 

Effexor are the pink and red. After 2 years finally found the antidepressant that has made some difference.

Wellbutrin is the white thing. It’s unfortunately not covered by my student health plan so I have to pay the full price for it. I am so happy I have that health plan.

Next to it is dexedrine, perhaps known more popularly as Adderall. Apparently I have ADHD so shrinky dink has been so kind to prescribe some saying it will help with my concentration. I haven’t taken it yet but at this point….I shouldn’t resist. 

The other one is lamotrigine because apparently I’m bipolar as well?

I wonder what will happen when I take these things long term. Will I ever not need them? 

I call it the breakfast of champions and I hate that I have to take it everyday. I’m basically taking these pills because I can’t handle life. Life is hard and since I can’t handle hard things, I need pharmaceuticals. 

Part of me is still in denial that I’m not sick and this can be solved without pills. No matter the argument against, I think taking the pills is weakness. I am not strong enough, I do not have the courage or conviction to do the right thing. 

And then there’s always the cynic saying depression is a made up disease so Big Pharma can make us all dependent on these pills and thus they are rich. Pfizor anyone?  

Them doctors like to use the analogy of diabetes and insulin (I get this example every time I object)

If I were diabetic and didn’t take insulin there would be a chance of hypoglycemia or underglycemia (?) 

Even with these meds I’m not “cured”. Unlike insulin, these pills aren’t consistent. They will work for a week and then one day they won’t and I’ll be free falling into a downward spiral.

There is no physical manifestation of my “illness.” If I were to stop taking it, the worst thing would be a headache.

Would I become psychotic and want to off myself? I doubt that very much. For other people, yes there’s a huge risk that will happen but I know I wouldn’t do anything rash like actually jump off a bridge. I’m too much of a coward. Instead I’ll just lie in my bed and let the days pass by. That’s my physical manifestation, sleeping for days in bed. 

Is it so very bad to stay in bed all the time? Perhaps I’m a little agoraphobic and I hide in my house. I’m perfectly comfortable here why would I leave the house to face the world? 

Given the option of A) Get out of bed into the rain and go to schoolor B) Stay in PJs and play video games, of course I’ll pick B when I know in my head I should be picking A. 

OH WAIT. By doing so you will never change and you will never be able to conquer your fear. Oh good gracious no!! 

I’m angry I can’t make the right choice. You’re supposed to be the hero and doing the hard thing and not taking the easy way out like the bad guy. I’m too easily dissuaded. I want to do the least amount of work. I whine, I snivel and I kick my feet and avoid it like a kid throwing a tantrum.

Depression apparently you are responsible and able to make choice to get better. Diabetes you can’t make another choice and suddenly not be diabetic anymore.

So does this mean I’m depressed because I am unable to make the right choice? Am I ill-equipped to handle the ups and down of life? I thought everyone struggles with life but why aren’t we all on anti-depressants if it makes it easier to deal with life?"

• Also I noticed that even though she says that she thinks people over the internet are just pedophile and that she thinks everyone is trying to rape her. She sure does hang out with strangers a lot.

Here she talks about hanging out with a girl she met at a hostel she was staying at and then meeting up with a friend of a friend and then hanging out with this friend of a friend's friend (I know confusing). http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/37244051505/i-had-a-wonderful-day-bata-shoe-museum-with-a

She met a guy in Toronto, but yet she thinks everyone is out to rape her? http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/37964465844/i-am-trying-to-make-sense-of-the-world-through

She either met random people, or she met up with some people. Which is probably why she is writing like she is directly talking to whoever she met. Yet she claims to hate people. http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/37689971552/toronto-you-have-enchanted-me-and-i-have-made-so

The post go on and on though. This shows me that she isn't as anti social as she leads on to me, OR she was trying to break out of that behavior, OR she just didn't want to be alone. Which means that for show she met up with someone in California. If she met up with people and/or random started conversations with random people when she was in Toronto and else where, she probably did the same thing at the Cecil Hotel. 

Also if it were a meet up, then I would bet money the murder has liked her original posts, even responded. It's just a matter of sorting through and stuff. But at the end of the day, I don't think he's leave his imprint. But that also leads me to wonder, if this was a planned attack. Why her? She wasn't raped, and if it was consented, then why would he kill her? For fun, knowing he could get caught. This guy had to be interesting to Elisa for her to want to have sex with him. She talked about how her ex boyfriend was mature and all that. So this guy must of been a class act. But that's if it was a meet up. If it was a random person she started talking to and ended up being stalked or having sex with him. Then I still don't get why or how this person stole her laptop and phone. If they stole it. D;
    @RayMarie

Welcome to the forums, and wowzers, a number of great posts. Let me read over all over them and then I'll post my thoughts tonight.
    -------------------
  • Also one more thought that came to my mind. I feel like someone broke into her room when she was out exploring. Honestly, I feel like maybe she started up a conversation with someone and they started stalking her, broke into her room stole her stuff so she couldn't call for help and then killed her.

Even if her phone and laptop were stolen after her death. I personally feel like someone was snooping around in her hotel room, while she was out exploring LA. I feel like who ever did this knew how and what they were doing. The ones who get caught act on impulse and fear so they work quickly and sloppy, the ones who don't get caught act on the game and they like to prey on the people they want to kill. Honestly, they take their time. They make sure that everything is in place so when they do kill, they don't get caught or the body never gets found. And this person probably knew the body would be found cause it's downtown LA in a hotel. It's not like he can take the body out their the entry.

I don't know, I'm just lost in my thoughts. Drives me nuts that the LAPD just pushed this case aside.

Also Matt, you said Jonathan Dorner and Elisa's situations were the same, explain please. :)
  • hopehope Member
    Also I noticed that even though she says that she thinks people over the internet are just pedophile and that she thinks everyone is trying to rape her. She sure does hang out with strangers a lot.

Here she talks about hanging out with a girl she met at a hostel she was staying at and then meeting up with a friend of a friend and then hanging out with this friend of a friend's friend (I know confusing). http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/37244051505/i-had-a-wonderful-day-bata-shoe-museum-with-a

She met a guy in Toronto, but yet she thinks everyone is out to rape her? http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/37964465844/i-am-trying-to-make-sense-of-the-world-through

She either met random people, or she met up with some people. Which is probably why she is writing like she is directly talking to whoever she met. Yet she claims to hate people. http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/37689971552/toronto-you-have-enchanted-me-and-i-have-made-so

The post go on and on though. This shows me that she isn't as anti social as she leads on to me, OR she was trying to break out of that behavior, OR she just didn't want to be alone. Which means that for show she met up with someone in California. If she met up with people and/or random started conversations with random people when she was in Toronto and else where, she probably did the same thing at the Cecil Hotel. 

Also if it were a meet up, then I would bet money the murder has liked her original posts, even responded. It's just a matter of sorting through and stuff. But at the end of the day, I don't think he's leave his imprint. But that also leads me to wonder, if this was a planned attack. Why her? She wasn't raped, and if it was consented, then why would he kill her? For fun, knowing he could get caught. This guy had to be interesting to Elisa for her to want to have sex with him. She talked about how her ex boyfriend was mature and all that. So this guy must of been a class act. But that's if it was a meet up. If it was a random person she started talking to and ended up being stalked or having sex with him. Then I still don't get why or how this person stole her laptop and phone. If they stole it. D;
    hi Ray, it was very interesting reading your research and thoughts.
    Did you notice that with the 1st & 3rd Tumblr blog article you sent: it actually says that she has reblogged it? (right hand sight from the article - when hoovering over the user picture squares) How is that possible? So it is not her that wrote it? (I'm not an avid tumblr user) And if she is not the original source who is then - I cannot seem to be able to see any other author than her. 
  • Also I noticed that even though she says that she thinks people over the internet are just pedophile and that she thinks everyone is trying to rape her. She sure does hang out with strangers a lot.

Did you notice that with the 1st & 3rd Tumblr blog article you sent: it actually says that she has reblogged it? (right hand sight from the article - when hoovering over the user picture squares) How is that possible? So it is not her that wrote it? (I'm not an avid tumblr user) And if she is not the original source who is then - I cannot seem to be able to see any other author than her. 
    Sorry for the late response. So all the post are her original postings. It's possible to reblog your own posts. I do it all the time on my tumblr, plus i just tested it right now to make sure. I don't know why she would do it though, possibly to circulate the post to get more likes. Since it would show up on the dashboard for your followers to see. But these are her original post, in one of the post she links an instagram picture from her instagram, so I just think she reblogged her own post. I don't know when though, unfortunately they don't tell you when.
    edited March 2015
    Found some a photo of Elisa, one I personally haven't seen. It's another graduation picture with I'm guessing her cousin?

Interesting posts RayMarie and welcome to the forum. I hadn't seen that grad pic before. 
    Also, what is nouvelle 
    Sorry for the wait, I didn't get any notifications. Nouvelle is her blog. 

Also if she would of reblogged someone else's post, it would show the highlighted part. :) I hope this helped. Tumblr is confusing sometimes.
    edited March 2015
    BREAK THROUGH OMG GUYS!!!! I FOUND ELISA'S OTHER TWITTER. Does everyone already know about it? I'm going to feel like a fool if you do. Lol

I thought her Twitter was the same as her instagram like she put on her tumblr, but she changed it I guess.
  • Thanks to her friend Joy when I was looking up Elisa's twitter to see if I can find any photos or tweets I found her. Then I scrolled all the way to about the time Elisa was found and bam. If you guys already knew this. I'm going to feel out of the loop haha.

• In her last Twitter post she was already in California. She posted she was in LA on Jan. 29, but she most likely got there a day earlier and was posting that she made it safe. On twitter the post is dated on Jan. 27, the same day she got to LA. She was in San Diego on the 26th and it only takes an hour to get to LA from San Diego by plane. So maybe she was in San Diego, at a speakeasy club or event, before she left, then go on a flight to LA. And it's possible too. 

fff.PNG 33.9K
  • Okay last post for of clues right now. But she lost her phone in San Diego. And burrowed someone elses blackberry, which was never found. She says this person was a "friend", so it was a meet up again. Maybe her friend took his phone back along with the laptop, which is why in the elevator video she seems playful. Maybe they met up in San Diego and days later, they planned to met up in LA.
    phone.PNG 33.2K
    edited March 2015
    In her last Twitter post she was already in California. She posted she was in LA on Jan. 29, but she most likely got there a day earlier and was posting that she made it safe. On twitter the post is dated on Jan. 27, the same day she got to LA. She was in San Diego on the 26th and it only takes an hour to get to LA from San Diego by plane. So maybe she was in San Diego, at a speakeasy club or event, before she left, then go on a flight to LA. And it's possible too. 

Hi Ray. There is one speakeasy at the Last Bookstore in LA. I don't know if she went to others.

As for contradicting herself about trust, my guess is that she was lacking a filter and in general did trust people, but consequently got hurt which she often expressed.

From watching the video, she really needed someone travelling with her. She never should have been allowed to take off on her own. It's a hard lesson.

A woman in Mexico was found this year in the same way eleven months after she disappeared. They suspected her jealous ex boyfriend. She lived alone and was seeing someone new.

Someone definitely opened that door to the roof at Cecil. I see so many comments on LA botch ups. Take the infamous OJ Simpson trial evidence for example. If police are covering anything, it could simply be a botched investigation although it could be something else too.
  • In her last Twitter post she was already in California. She posted she was in LA on Jan. 29, but she most likely got there a day earlier and was posting that she made it safe. On twitter the post is dated on Jan. 27, the same day she got to LA. She was in San Diego on the 26th and it only takes an hour to get to LA from San Diego by plane. So maybe she was in San Diego, at a speakeasy club or event, before she left, then go on a flight to LA. And it's possible too. 

Hi Ray. There is one speakeasy at the Last Bookstore in LA. I don't know if she went to others.

As for contradicting herself about trust, my guess is that she was lacking a filter and in general did trust people, but consequently got hurt which she often expressed.

From watching the video, she really needed someone travelling with her. She never should have been allowed to take off on her own. It's a hard lesson.
    Do you know if the speakeasy was happening on Jan 26 or 27 of 2013? :)
    edited March 2015
    Also one more thought that came to my mind. I feel like someone broke into her room when she was out exploring. Honestly, I feel like maybe she started up a conversation with someone and they started stalking her, broke into her room stole her stuff so she couldn't call for help and then killed her.

Even if her phone and laptop were stolen after her death. I personally feel like someone was snooping around in her hotel room, while she was out exploring LA. I feel like who ever did this knew how and what they were doing. The ones who get caught act on impulse and fear so they work quickly and sloppy, the ones who don't get caught act on the game and they like to prey on the people they want to kill. Honestly, they take their time. They make sure that everything is in place so when they do kill, they don't get caught or the body never gets found. And this person probably knew the body would be found cause it's downtown LA in a hotel. It's not like he can take the body out their the entry.

I don't know, I'm just lost in my thoughts. Drives me nuts that the LAPD just pushed this case aside.

Also Matt, you said Jonathan Dorner and Elisa's situations were the same, explain please. :)
    I suppose I felt the two situations, which happened relatively close to one another (in fact, nearly on top of one another), shared the same mysterious characteristics:

- Two coopted identities for which there is very little background
    - Both accused of having mental illness and being unstable
    - Both captured on a CCTV before the final curtain
    - Both involving the LAPD
    - Both happening in California
    - Neither having a satisfying conclusion; Elisa's case has been binned, and Christopher's ended with a mysterious "shoot out", for which there is zero footage or evidence, and then all was forgotten
    - Both bodies destroyed beyond recognition; we've never seen either
    - Two "manifestos" with multiple contradictory versions; one in the form of social media (Elisa's), the other released through the actual media (Christopher's)
    - Both individuals have had their identities become their respective events; for instance, on Wikipedia, both of their entries automatically forward now to the situations for which they're known

I have no hard links between the two. They were both just two really mysterious events that followed each other, and were then brushed under the carpet.

Interestingly, Elisa's wikipedia page contains many of the peculiarities we've been discussing here, including the missing cell phone, her tumblr blog continuing to update, the cross out on the autopsy report etc. Might be interesting to read:

-------------------

Also, what is nouvelle 

You can bookmark this thread (and it will email you when people post new things in it) by clicking on the star at the very top right of this page.
    -------------------

A woman in Mexico was found this year in the same way eleven months after she disappeared. They suspected her jealous ex boyfriend. She lived alone and was seeing someone new.

Someone definitely opened that door to the roof at Cecil. I see so many comments on LA botch ups. Take the infamous OJ Simpson trial evidence for example. If police are covering anything, it could simply be a botched investigation although it could be something else too.
    Hey so I looked at their calendar. In March of 2015, they have a Speakeasy (attached below), in January of 2013 they don't have an Speakeasys and the events on the days aren't either. So I think she might of went to one in San Diego. 
    nfj.PNG 35.9K
    djd.PNG 49.5K
    fj.PNG 71.5K
    fhf.PNG 55.3K
  • Found some a photo of Elisa, one I personally haven't seen. It's another graduation picture with I'm guessing her cousin?

Also, what is nouvelle 

You can bookmark this thread (and it will email you when people post new things in it) by clicking on the star at the very top right of this page.
    Done, thanks. I was wondering why I didn't recieve any notifications lol.
    edited March 2015
    In her last Twitter post she was already in California. She posted she was in LA on Jan. 29, but she most likely got there a day earlier and was posting that she made it safe. On twitter the post is dated on Jan. 27, the same day she got to LA. She was in San Diego on the 26th and it only takes an hour to get to LA from San Diego by plane. So maybe she was in San Diego, at a speakeasy club or event, before she left, then go on a flight to LA. And it's possible too. 

Hey so I looked at their calendar. In March of 2015, they have a Speakeasy (attached below), in January of 2013 they don't have an Speakeasys and the events on the days aren't either. So I think she might of went to one in San Diego. 
    Hi Ray. I think EL posted on her tumblr which day the speakeasy was. From looking at your 2013 calendar, they had several speakeasies at Last Bookstore. A speakeasy can be music, recital, or reading. It may have just been something she had been to before elsewhere so she was curious.

Hi Ray. I think EL posted on her tumblr which day the speakeasy was. From looking at your 2013 calendar, they had several speakeasies at Last Bookstore. A speakeasy can be music, recital, or reading. It may have just been something she had been to before elsewhere so she was curious.
    I see where you're coming from, but her first stop was San Diego, around the time she posted the Speakeasy post. The witness and cops never specified what time she arrived in LA at the Cecil Hotel. So she could of went to the speakeasy in San Diego and made a friend (maybe at the hostel she was staying at) and then when the posted the tweet during the show or after, either one. Then went back the the hostel to pack and sleep a bit and headed to LA. 
    edited March 2015

I see where you're coming from, but her first stop was San Diego, around the time she posted the Speakeasy post. The witness and cops never specified what time she arrived in LA at the Cecil Hotel. So she could of went to the speakeasy in San Diego and made a friend (maybe at the hostel she was staying at) and then when the posted the tweet during the show or after, either one. Then went back the the hostel to pack and sleep a bit and headed to LA. 
    This article says she booked into Cecil Jan 26th: http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/21/us/california-hotel-water-corpse/index.html my guess is reporters could easily get that info from the front desk, but the statement was from Police. Speakeasy was 27th according to Tumblr.

Police possibly are keeping quiet if they're still investigating in secret to not tip off the suspect if no mistakes were made.
    I came across Elisa Lam the other day. Such a creepy story. To my husband's dismay, I have read the entire thread in two days. The ideas/theories are amazing.

I was also dismayed at how much time I lost track of pouring over this thread when I should have been sleeping. :p

I was also dismayed at how much time I lost track of pouring over this thread when I should have been sleeping. :p
    Once you arrive... you never leave.

*tosses head back and laughs into a stormy sky*
    -------------------
    edited March 2015

This article says she booked into Cecil Jan 26th: http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/21/us/california-hotel-water-corpse/index.html my guess is reporters could easily get that info from the front desk. Speakeasy was 27th according to Tumblr.

Police possibly are keeping quiet if they're still investigating in secret to not tip off the suspect if no mistakes were made.

Yes she posted on the 27th, same as her tweet. But the time of her tweet was 12:57am, so she probably posted around the same time at 1 to 1:30am or whenever she got back to the hostel. Also in a tumblr post, she clearly states shes in San Diego (Jan 24, 2013) So she was already in California before the 26th. CLick here to see the post.

This article says she booked into Cecil Jan 26th: http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/21/us/california-hotel-water-corpse/index.html my guess is reporters could easily get that info from the front desk, but the statement was from Police. Speakeasy was 27th according to Tumblr.

Jan. 22 is when the trip started or around that date. Cause she post about how she missed her flight. http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/41265561547/i-got-lost-in-the-airport-and-missed-my-connecting
    Do we all still believe that the LAPD is actively involved in solving this case? I kind of feel that they've decided to use the "Meh, depressed and suicidal" card and avoid actually pursuing what's happened.
    -------------------
    edited March 2015

This article says she booked into Cecil Jan 26th: http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/21/us/california-hotel-water-corpse/index.html my guess is reporters could easily get that info from the front desk. Speakeasy was 27th according to Tumblr.

Yes she posted on the 27th, same as her tweet. But the time of her tweet was 12:57am, so she probably posted around the same time at 1 to 1:30am or whenever she got back to the hostel. Also in a tumblr post, she clearly states shes in San Diego (Jan 24, 2013) So she was already in California before the 26th.

I dunno. San Diego is pretty far from LA to take public transport. If she booked into Cecil Hotel on the 26th, the bookstore is right next door for her to visit on the 27th. It's possible that she went to one in San Diego too, but her Tumblr likely was referring to the LA one. 
    edited March 2015
    Do we all still believe that the LAPD is actively involved in solving this case? I kind of feel that they've decided to use the "Meh, depressed and suicidal" card and avoid actually pursuing what's happened.
    It's just wishful thinking. :p But you're probably right.

Yes she posted on the 27th, same as her tweet. But the time of her tweet was 12:57am, so she probably posted around the same time at 1 to 1:30am or whenever she got back to the hostel. Also in a tumblr post, she clearly states shes in San Diego (Jan 24, 2013) So she was already in California before the 26th.

I dunno. San Diego is pretty far from LA to take public transport. If she booked into Cecil Hotel on the 26th, the bookstore is right next door for her to visit on the 27th. 
    I just don't think that's the case, because her posting doesn't match up honestly. The LAPD, seem like they just didn't care like Matt said. I mean the 24th shes in San Diego sleeping all day, then she said the 25th she was going to go to a museum or the zoo, then the 26th she says she's going out  , then the 27th she says shes lost her phone, but a "friend" let her borrow theirs, then on the 29th she confirms she is finally in LA
    So either the police screwed up the dates, or on the 27th she went to a speakeasy then packed and left.
  • Do we all still believe that the LAPD is actively involved in solving this case? I kind of feel that they've decided to use the "Meh, depressed and suicidal" card and avoid actually pursuing what's happened.
    I don't think they are actively trying to solve it now, maybe they did when the body was found, but not anymore. I think that at the time they were busy with the Jonathan Dorner case. Plus every time you hear a case where someone has a mental illness, they  write it off as a suicide to save themselves the paperwork. Plus the LAPD doesn't have the best record of fighting for justice or being fair.
  • Also guys I think that maybe this "friend" was a blogger. (Obvi, I know)
    She seems to meet up with bloggers a lot. Heres an example. A convo had between some bloggers on twitter when they heard that Elisa was dead.
    There is a slim chance, but maybe the killer has a blog or twitter account. It's possible, probably not using the same name as before so the police didn't search for him, but killers usually go back to the crime scene. So maybe this killer is following Elisa on twitter or her blog, or even commenting on mystery forums like this. D; CREEPY.

danielle.PNG 63.4K

I saw this photo earlier in the thread, but it was small. Here is a bigger picture for people who want a better look,
    edited March 2015
    Found this video of the tank. Videos are better then pictures sometimes.

The video of the elevator she was in

The roottop
    edited March 2015
    One of Elisa's followers, started using this person's first tweet is the quote that Elisa has in her tumblr bio. But the tweet is in another language. Strange.

edited March 2015
    Sorry some of the pictures didn't show up.
  • hopehope Member
    On the side note, I have read through a large amount of Hotel Cecil (aka Stay on Main) reviews and I have noticed several people complaining about the broken elevator (http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g32655-d1088091-r174973865-Stay_on_Main_Hotel_and_Hostel-Los_Angeles_California.html & http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g32655-d1088091-r157125342-Stay_on_Main_Hotel_and_Hostel-Los_Angeles_California.html)
    and that the evelvator only goes up to the 6th floor, no higher (http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g32655-d1088091-r175984846-Stay_on_Main_Hotel_and_Hostel-Los_Angeles_California.html)

Also,what has come from these reviews is the general feel of everyone emphasizing how dodgy the area is and that the hotel is the safest place around the area (funny eh). I have never been to downtown LA, but this info just clarifies how she could have 'picked up' or followed by a creep just from the local area while being out & coming back.
    There were a lot of hostel type of rooms, where 5 beds would hold about 6 + people, as people reportedly paid for 1 bed and kept brining in friends later. She could have met someone IF she stayed in a shared room (no idea if she did). 
    Again, a lot of reviews say that numerous rooms do not have a shower, you have to use a communal one. This could explain her clothing in the elevator video - she just threw on anything she had by hand after the shower. 
    Many also mentioned issues with locks on their doors (either not working or impossible to unlock once locked). 

[Hotel investigation rant over]
  • On the side note, I have read through a large amount of Hotel Cecil (aka Stay on Main) reviews and I have noticed several people complaining about the broken elevator (http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g32655-d1088091-r174973865-Stay_on_Main_Hotel_and_Hostel-Los_Angeles_California.html & http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g32655-d1088091-r157125342-Stay_on_Main_Hotel_and_Hostel-Los_Angeles_California.html)
    and that the evelvator only goes up to the 6th floor, no higher (http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g32655-d1088091-r175984846-Stay_on_Main_Hotel_and_Hostel-Los_Angeles_California.html)

Also,what has come from these reviews is the general feel of everyone emphasizing how dodgy the area is and that the hotel is the safest place around the area (funny eh). I have never been to downtown LA, but this info just clarifies how she could have 'picked up' or followed by a creep just from the local area while being out & coming back.
    There were a lot of hostel type of rooms, where 5 beds would hold about 6 + people, as people reportedly paid for 1 bed and kept brining in friends later. She could have met someone IF she stayed in a shared room (no idea if she did). 
    Again, a lot of reviews say that numerous rooms do not have a shower, you have to use a communal one. This could explain her clothing in the elevator video - she just threw on anything she had by hand after the shower. 
    Many also mentioned issues with locks on their doors (either not working or impossible to unlock once locked). 

[Hotel investigation rant over]
    I agree, she should of picked up on the reviews, but I would have to look up the reviews before the death and media coverage. Cause I noticed a lot of people commented as soon as they heard about Elisa to try to warn people to not go (and who would blame them). So I'll definitely look into that, also she stayed at a hostel in San Diego. Also in Toronto in December. So it's possible she met up with someone in San Diego or LA (maybe another blogger) and they shared a room under her name. Maybe that's how she was able to pay some of the cost off. Cause she does seem to empathize in her blog that she was clearly on the way to being broke. 

To this whole theory makes sense. Cause the reviews are pretty horrific. She had to see that, or notice that. She was a blogger with like a million accounts, she was always posting articles and fashion photos. Always stressing how she thinks people over the internet are rapist and pedophiles, Also wanting to meet up with people on trips. Making friends with people at hostels. I mean this girls smart enough to look up some reviews on Google. But if you add another person in the mix, the reviews get discarded. Cause in her mind shes thinking, I'll have someone staying with me, it's not like something bad will happen. I think that if this theory is true, the second person was already a resident there. But I don't know why she wouldn't talk about that. Her blog was her diary basically, why leave out that she was staying with someone in the LaLa Land post?

If the second person wasn't a regular at the hotel, and came with her to LA, again she'd blog about it. But this could explain the blackberry phone she was burrowing (No offense Elisa, but I don't know anyone who would just give you a working cell phone.) cause they knew they were gonna get it back. But that would make it hard to really say that this killer knew his way around the hotel and he how to to avoid the elevator camera.

As for the shower theory, I don't know about that one. A lot of people have been talking about her not wearing a bra and stuff and having lace panties on. But to be honest that's normal sometimes. Usually people with smaller breast, don't wear bras often, cause they don't really need to. If they are relaxing. Her underwear shouldn't really determine whether she's going to have sex with someone or not, cause she would of put on nicer external clothing, and if she was having a shower she would of took a towel, or shampoo, or soap, toothbrush, hair products, etc. But if the hotel supplies all those products (which if you Google pictures, they don't have any at least on display) then it's possible she was taking a shower. Though her hair wasn't wet in the video, and I don't think she was in the bathroom with a hotel dryer drying her hair. I heard about the peeping tom's in that hotel. One could of followed her after she left, if she was in the bathroom.

Awesome theory. Below i uploaded all the reviews that were before the murder. A lot of the reviews make you want to literally get this place closed for good, I don't know how Elisa didn't pick up on this at all. Someone even says he doesn't recommend tourist to come. Most of the reviews in early 2013 up to Elisa's death with surprisingly good. So maybe the hotel didn't ring an alarm in her mind.

Now that I think about it, it could of been the security guards too, that would explain how they avoid the camera, and the access to the roof and knowledge of the water tank, and missing phone and laptop. Security can access all of that. Plus security guards are there to "protect" you which could explain why she didn't seem distressed in the video. Someone even put that the gaurds took people to their rooms.
    kk.PNG 7.5K
    jj.PNG 31.7K
    jjf.PNG 35K
    hg.PNG 46.1K
    hhk.PNG 23K
    jji.PNG 56.1K
    jhgg.PNG 58.1K
    oo.PNG 24.2K
    ghh.PNG 53.5K
    jjiyg.PNG 50.6K
  • Hi, just thought I'd add my perspective to this forum. (Keep in mind I've only read the first page and a half, so I may repeat something or I may not address some breakthroughs that occurred more recently.)

POINT 1: I do not think she would have taken her clothes off after entering the tank unless she were trying to get as much weight off of herself as possible. The water-logged clothes would weigh her down.

a) she was pushed into the tank or told to go in it by someone she was attracted to.
         - the person who pushed her sat on the lid to weigh it down?
         - she took off her clothes to stop herself from sinking by could only tread water for so long.
    b) she committed suicide
         - it is possible she went to the roof to commit suicide. She chickened out when she saw how far the fall was and instead decided to drown herself. She didn't think about her clothes before she got in so took them off while attempting to drown. Maybe used them somehow to help her drown? (Could the weigh her down or support the back of her head to keep it in the water?? Maybe she choked herself to pass out using a shirt or her suspenders and then drowned??)
    c) she was in an altered state of consciousness
           -and was not aware of what she was doing. This is the least interesting possibility but nevertheless it is still a possibility.
    d) she decided to go for a fun swim?
          -And the "accidentally" drowned and the lid closed on her? This seems to be the what the media and police want us to believe.

POINT 2: The way she was acting can be explained three ways.
    a) she was in an altered state of consciousness.
          - Flirting with her reflection in the mirror or a metal panel in the wall or something
          - Explains the hand motion the best
    b) she didn't think anyone was watching; we all do weird things when people aren't watching
    c) she was flirting with someone

POINT 3: Her social media
    a) I think she set the pictures on her tumblr for specific times of the year. She probably set those gray haired woman pictures so they wouldn't be reblogged near the same time as eachother. She also set several them to reblog during April. That's her birth month. Maybe she thought of that as some people think of christmas or easter; she had a particular vision of what she wanted reblogged on her blog during her birthday... The lightbulb with snow is more appropriate for December than the beginning of spring. ANd she didn't want that gray haired fashion woman near herself...

IDK there's too much to say! I'll post again after I read everything.

Hi, just thought I'd add my perspective to this forum. (Keep in mind I've only read the first page and a half, so I may repeat something or I may not address some breakthroughs that occurred more recently.)

POINT 1: I do not think she would have taken her clothes off after entering the tank unless she were trying to get as much weight off of herself as possible. The water-logged clothes would weigh her down.

a) she was pushed into the tank or told to go in it by someone she was attracted to.
         - she took off her clothes to stop herself from sinking by could only tread water for so long.
    b) she committed suicide
         - it is possible she went to the roof to commit suicide. She chickened out when she saw how far the fall was and instead decided to drown herself. She didn't think about her clothes before she got in so took them off while attempting to drown. Maybe used them somehow to help her drown? (Could the weigh her down or support the back of her head to keep it in the water?? Maybe she choked herself to pass out using a shirt or her suspenders and then drowned??)
           -and was not aware of what she was doing. This is the least interesting possibility but nevertheless it is still a possibility.
          -And the "accidentally" drowned and the lid closed on her? This seems to be the what the media and police want us to believe.

- Flirting with her reflection in the mirror or a metal panel in the wall or something
    b) she didn't think anyone was watching; we all do weird things when people aren't watching

a) I think she set the pictures on her tumblr for specific times of the year. She probably set those gray haired woman pictures so they wouldn't be reblogged near the same time as eachother. She also set several them to reblog during April. That's her birth month. Maybe she thought of that as some people think of christmas or easter; she had a particular vision of what she wanted reblogged on her blog during her birthday... The lightbulb with snow is more appropriate for December than the beginning of spring. ANd she didn't want that gray haired fashion woman near herself...

Welcome to the website, Orbital. For sure, share your thoughts after you've taken the "grand tour".
    -------------------
  • Hi, just thought I'd add my perspective to this forum. (Keep in mind I've only read the first page and a half, so I may repeat something or I may not address some breakthroughs that occurred more recently.)

b) she committed suicide

I think it was murder. Cause suicide doesn't explain the missing phone and laptop. Doesn't take into account that she met up with some in the state of California, yet no one seems to know who. I mean losing her phone and burrowing a "friends" phone is a big deal, because this burrowed phone could have evidence on it. Plus her phone could of had more evidence to prove that maybe she was talking to someone about her problems. But the LAPD didn't bother to look into anything. Doesn't explain why she didn't tell her family she was taking a trip. I don't think this girl would go into another country just to kill herself. It didn't start out like that. So if it was suicide which I highly doubt, she went for another reason to begin with. If it was suicide also, I think the lid would of stayed open. She couldn't close it if she was in the water, well depending on how full the tank was. Another this is that I don't get why anyone would choose a water tank out of all the things. She could of ran in front of traffic, overdosed, starved, even hang herself (all things she has access to do, if suicide). Drowning in water isn't the first thing most people think about if they are suicidal. If Elisa committed suicide, I feel like she would of no only wrote a note or letter to be found, but also she would of made it known she committed suicide. No one would of found her if the hotel made maintenance check it out.
    edited March 2015

I dunno. San Diego is pretty far from LA to take public transport. If she booked into Cecil Hotel on the 26th, the bookstore is right next door for her to visit on the 27th. 

I just don't think that's the case, because her posting doesn't match up honestly. The LAPD, seem like they just didn't care like Matt said. I mean the
    The dates do match up if you factor in that some of her postings were scheduled to appear on certain dates. I'm not sure why she did that, but her tumblr postings are not all posted on the day she experienced them. Just keep that in mind. 

I find the police statements more reliable than her tumblr postings since her tumblr continued to update after her death. It had a feature that allows you to postpone a post until a later date that you set yourself. Once the day you intend to post arrives, it becomes posted. It makes sense considering she changed her itinerary considerably from what she had originally told her parents. They stated that they didn't know she was going to LA until the very last minute. Not only that but she was free to delay announcing when she really arrived in LA possibly to avoid getting into trouble for the secrecy. As a result of the inconsistent dates of her postings, many others have stated they suspect she was meeting up with someone that she didn't want others to know about. Who knows, but it seems someone was keeping a few secrets which may be related to her death.
    edited March 2015
    Hi, just thought I'd add my perspective to this forum. (Keep in mind I've only read the first page and a half, so I may repeat something or I may not address some breakthroughs that occurred more recently.)

b) she committed suicide

I think it was murder. Cause suicide doesn't explain the missing phone and laptop. Doesn't take into account that she met up with some in the state of California, yet no one seems to know who. I mean losing her phone and burrowing a "friends" phone is a big deal, because this burrowed phone could have evidence on it. Plus her phone could of had more evidence to prove that maybe she was talking to someone about her problems. But the LAPD didn't bother to look into anything. Doesn't explain why she didn't tell her family she was taking a trip. I don't think this girl would go into another country just to kill herself. It didn't start out like that. So if it was suicide which I highly doubt, she went for another reason to begin with. If it was suicide also, I think the lid would of stayed open. She couldn't close it if she was in the water, well depending on how full the tank was. Another this is that I don't get why anyone would choose a water tank out of all the things. She could of ran in front of traffic, overdosed, starved, even hang herself (all things she has access to do, if suicide). Drowning in water isn't the first thing most people think about if they are suicidal. If Elisa committed suicide, I feel like she would of no only wrote a note or letter to be found, but also she would of made it known she committed suicide. No one would of found her if the hotel made maintenance check it out.
    No one knows what happened to her cellphone. The theft could be related to her death, but it is not certain. It was a pretty sketchy part of town so random thefts are not outside the realm of possibility. Bad things happen in and around that area in general. But you would definitely need that phone to see who she was communicating with via texts or phone calls or possibly email. It's tempting to suspect some perp took it and would make perfect sense, but can't fall into confirmation bias lol. We may never find it. 

Suicide is also my least favourite theory considering how much effort goes into jumping into a water tank to die when there is a perfectly good window to jump out of and stash of medications to overdose on (excuse the graphic image). Why spend time climbing into a water tank naked and bother to take all your clothes off including your watch if so?

Most people question why the front desk didn't check her room on the day she was meant to check out. It's what hotels do for security reasons. That's why people suspect the staff in addition to the fact that it appears she used the locked door to get to the roof rather than the fire escape outside which requires courage and balance/coordination to climb (not intoxicated as she appeared to be in the elevator). Staff insisted that the door is normally locked and EL presumably went left and kept going left in the video which is where the stairwell to the roof is (other indoor stairwell has no roof access).