WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

Remember Elisa Lam? Well, she's still posting...

Comments

• wisteria1234wisteria1234 Member
    edited March 2015
    On the side note, I have read through a large amount of Hotel Cecil (aka Stay on Main) reviews and I have noticed several people complaining about the broken elevator (http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g32655-d1088091-r174973865-Stay_on_Main_Hotel_and_Hostel-Los_Angeles_California.html & http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g32655-d1088091-r157125342-Stay_on_Main_Hotel_and_Hostel-Los_Angeles_California.html)
    and that the evelvator only goes up to the 6th floor, no higher (http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g32655-d1088091-r175984846-Stay_on_Main_Hotel_and_Hostel-Los_Angeles_California.html)

Also,what has come from these reviews is the general feel of everyone emphasizing how dodgy the area is and that the hotel is the safest place around the area (funny eh). I have never been to downtown LA, but this info just clarifies how she could have 'picked up' or followed by a creep just from the local area while being out & coming back.
    There were a lot of hostel type of rooms, where 5 beds would hold about 6 + people, as people reportedly paid for 1 bed and kept brining in friends later. She could have met someone IF she stayed in a shared room (no idea if she did). 
    Again, a lot of reviews say that numerous rooms do not have a shower, you have to use a communal one. This could explain her clothing in the elevator video - she just threw on anything she had by hand after the shower. 
    Many also mentioned issues with locks on their doors (either not working or impossible to unlock once locked). 

[Hotel investigation rant over]
    Yes, extremely dodgy. The hotel tried changing their name to Stay on Main but I don't see how that will make any difference lol! EL seemed like a smart girl, but if she had changed her plans to go to LA last minute like everyone is saying, maybe she just didn't bother to look at the reviews and winged it. Either that or someone suggested she stay there. Someone we know nothing about but EL planned to meet.
  • In her last Twitter post she was already in California. She posted she was in LA on Jan. 29, but she most likely got there a day earlier and was posting that she made it safe. On twitter the post is dated on Jan. 27, the same day she got to LA. She was in San Diego on the 26th and it only takes an hour to get to LA from San Diego by plane. So maybe she was in San Diego, at a speakeasy club or event, before she left, then go on a flight to LA. And it's possible too. 

Hi Ray. There is one speakeasy at the Last Bookstore in LA. I don't know if she went to others.

As for contradicting herself about trust, my guess is that she was lacking a filter and in general did trust people, but consequently got hurt which she often expressed.

From watching the video, she really needed someone travelling with her. She never should have been allowed to take off on her own. It's a hard lesson.

A woman in Mexico was found this year in the same way eleven months after she disappeared. They suspected her jealous ex boyfriend. She lived alone and was seeing someone new.

Someone definitely opened that door to the roof at Cecil. I see so many comments on LA botch ups. Take the infamous OJ Simpson trial evidence for example. If police are covering anything, it could simply be a botched investigation although it could be something else too.

Hey so I looked at their calendar. In March of 2015, they have a Speakeasy (attached below), in January of 2013 they don't have an Speakeasys and the events on the days aren't either. So I think she might of went to one in San Diego. 

Hi Ray. I think EL posted on her tumblr which day the speakeasy was. From looking at your 2013 calendar, they had several speakeasies at Last Bookstore. A speakeasy can be music, recital, or reading. It may have just been something she had been to before elsewhere so she was curious.

I see where you're coming from, but her first stop was San Diego, around the time she posted the Speakeasy post. The witness and cops never specified what time she arrived in LA at the Cecil Hotel. So she could of went to the speakeasy in San Diego and made a friend (maybe at the hostel she was staying at) and then when the posted the tweet during the show or after, either one. Then went back the the hostel to pack and sleep a bit and headed to LA. 

This article says she booked into Cecil Jan 26th: http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/21/us/california-hotel-water-corpse/index.html my guess is reporters could easily get that info from the front desk. Speakeasy was 27th according to Tumblr.

Police possibly are keeping quiet if they're still investigating in secret to not tip off the suspect if no mistakes were made.

Yes she posted on the 27th, same as her tweet. But the time of her tweet was 12:57am, so she probably posted around the same time at 1 to 1:30am or whenever she got back to the hostel. Also in a tumblr post, she clearly states shes in San Diego (Jan 24, 2013) So she was already in California before the 26th.

I dunno. San Diego is pretty far from LA to take public transport. If she booked into Cecil Hotel on the 26th, the bookstore is right next door for her to visit on the 27th. 

I just don't think that's the case, because her posting doesn't match up honestly. The LAPD, seem like they just didn't care like Matt said. I mean the

The dates do match up if you factor in that some of her postings were scheduled to appear on certain dates. I'm not sure why she did that, but her tumblr postings are not all posted on the day she experienced them. Just keep that in mind. 

I find the police statements more reliable than her tumblr postings since her tumblr continued to update after her death. It had a feature that allows you to postpone a post until a later date that you set yourself. Once the day you intend to post arrives, it becomes posted. It makes sense considering she changed her itinerary considerably from what she had originally told her parents. They stated that they didn't know she was going to LA until the very last minute. Not only that but she was free to delay announcing when she really arrived in LA possibly to avoid getting into trouble for the secrecy. As a result of the inconsistent dates of her postings, many others have stated they suspect she was meeting up with someone that she didn't want others to know about. Who knows, but it seems someone was keeping a few secrets which may be related to her death.
    Personally I feel like she typed them and then posted them. Only the things she reblogged seemed to be in the queue. She even says that she didn't do much in San Diego, but sit in her room and eat. She had time to type her original post. It's not like she was super busy that she couldn't hop on her computer and type a few sentences.
    I like books. :)
  • Hi, just thought I'd add my perspective to this forum. (Keep in mind I've only read the first page and a half, so I may repeat something or I may not address some breakthroughs that occurred more recently.)

POINT 1: I do not think she would have taken her clothes off after entering the tank unless she were trying to get as much weight off of herself as possible. The water-logged clothes would weigh her down.

a) she was pushed into the tank or told to go in it by someone she was attracted to.
         - the person who pushed her sat on the lid to weigh it down?
         - she took off her clothes to stop herself from sinking by could only tread water for so long.
    b) she committed suicide
         - it is possible she went to the roof to commit suicide. She chickened out when she saw how far the fall was and instead decided to drown herself. She didn't think about her clothes before she got in so took them off while attempting to drown. Maybe used them somehow to help her drown? (Could the weigh her down or support the back of her head to keep it in the water?? Maybe she choked herself to pass out using a shirt or her suspenders and then drowned??)
    c) she was in an altered state of consciousness
           -and was not aware of what she was doing. This is the least interesting possibility but nevertheless it is still a possibility.
    d) she decided to go for a fun swim?
          -And the "accidentally" drowned and the lid closed on her? This seems to be the what the media and police want us to believe.

POINT 2: The way she was acting can be explained three ways.
    a) she was in an altered state of consciousness.
          - Flirting with her reflection in the mirror or a metal panel in the wall or something
          - Explains the hand motion the best
    b) she didn't think anyone was watching; we all do weird things when people aren't watching
    c) she was flirting with someone

POINT 3: Her social media
    a) I think she set the pictures on her tumblr for specific times of the year. She probably set those gray haired woman pictures so they wouldn't be reblogged near the same time as eachother. She also set several them to reblog during April. That's her birth month. Maybe she thought of that as some people think of christmas or easter; she had a particular vision of what she wanted reblogged on her blog during her birthday... The lightbulb with snow is more appropriate for December than the beginning of spring. ANd she didn't want that gray haired fashion woman near herself...

IDK there's too much to say! I'll post again after I read everything.

I think it was murder. Cause suicide doesn't explain the missing phone and laptop. Doesn't take into account that she met up with some in the state of California, yet no one seems to know who. I mean losing her phone and burrowing a "friends" phone is a big deal, because this burrowed phone could have evidence on it. Plus her phone could of had more evidence to prove that maybe she was talking to someone about her problems. But the LAPD didn't bother to look into anything. Doesn't explain why she didn't tell her family she was taking a trip. I don't think this girl would go into another country just to kill herself. It didn't start out like that. So if it was suicide which I highly doubt, she went for another reason to begin with. If it was suicide also, I think the lid would of stayed open. She couldn't close it if she was in the water, well depending on how full the tank was. Another this is that I don't get why anyone would choose a water tank out of all the things. She could of ran in front of traffic, overdosed, starved, even hang herself (all things she has access to do, if suicide). Drowning in water isn't the first thing most people think about if they are suicidal. If Elisa committed suicide, I feel like she would of no only wrote a note or letter to be found, but also she would of made it known she committed suicide. No one would of found her if the hotel made maintenance check it out.

No one knows what happened to her cellphone. The theft could be related to her death, but it is not certain. It was a pretty sketchy part of town so random thefts are not outside the realm of possibility. Bad things happen in and around that area in general. But you would definitely need that phone to see who she was communicating with via texts or phone calls or possibly email. It's tempting to suspect some perp took it and would make perfect sense, but can't fall into confirmation bias lol. We may never find it. 

Suicide is also my least favourite theory considering how much effort goes into jumping into a water tank to die when there is a perfectly good window to jump out of and stash of medications to overdose on (excuse the graphic image). Why spend time climbing into a water tank naked and bother to take all your clothes off including your watch if so?

Most people question why the front desk didn't check her room on the day she was meant to check out. It's what hotels do for security reasons. That's why people suspect the staff in addition to the fact that it appears she used the locked door to get to the roof rather than the fire escape outside which requires courage and balance/coordination to climb (not intoxicated as she appeared to be in the elevator). Staff insisted that the door is normally locked and EL presumably went left and kept going left in the video which is where the stairwell to the roof is (other indoor stairwell has no roof access).
    I think the best bet would be a security guard. They basically have access to everything in the hotel.
    edited March 2015
    In her last Twitter post she was already in California. She posted she was in LA on Jan. 29, but she most likely got there a day earlier and was posting that she made it safe. On twitter the post is dated on Jan. 27, the same day she got to LA. She was in San Diego on the 26th and it only takes an hour to get to LA from San Diego by plane. So maybe she was in San Diego, at a speakeasy club or event, before she left, then go on a flight to LA. And it's possible too. 

Hi Ray. There is one speakeasy at the Last Bookstore in LA. I don't know if she went to others.

As for contradicting herself about trust, my guess is that she was lacking a filter and in general did trust people, but consequently got hurt which she often expressed.

From watching the video, she really needed someone travelling with her. She never should have been allowed to take off on her own. It's a hard lesson.

A woman in Mexico was found this year in the same way eleven months after she disappeared. They suspected her jealous ex boyfriend. She lived alone and was seeing someone new.

Someone definitely opened that door to the roof at Cecil. I see so many comments on LA botch ups. Take the infamous OJ Simpson trial evidence for example. If police are covering anything, it could simply be a botched investigation although it could be something else too.

Hey so I looked at their calendar. In March of 2015, they have a Speakeasy (attached below), in January of 2013 they don't have an Speakeasys and the events on the days aren't either. So I think she might of went to one in San Diego. 

Hi Ray. I think EL posted on her tumblr which day the speakeasy was. From looking at your 2013 calendar, they had several speakeasies at Last Bookstore. A speakeasy can be music, recital, or reading. It may have just been something she had been to before elsewhere so she was curious.

I see where you're coming from, but her first stop was San Diego, around the time she posted the Speakeasy post. The witness and cops never specified what time she arrived in LA at the Cecil Hotel. So she could of went to the speakeasy in San Diego and made a friend (maybe at the hostel she was staying at) and then when the posted the tweet during the show or after, either one. Then went back the the hostel to pack and sleep a bit and headed to LA. 

This article says she booked into Cecil Jan 26th: http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/21/us/california-hotel-water-corpse/index.html my guess is reporters could easily get that info from the front desk. Speakeasy was 27th according to Tumblr.

Police possibly are keeping quiet if they're still investigating in secret to not tip off the suspect if no mistakes were made.

Yes she posted on the 27th, same as her tweet. But the time of her tweet was 12:57am, so she probably posted around the same time at 1 to 1:30am or whenever she got back to the hostel. Also in a tumblr post, she clearly states shes in San Diego (Jan 24, 2013) So she was already in California before the 26th.

I dunno. San Diego is pretty far from LA to take public transport. If she booked into Cecil Hotel on the 26th, the bookstore is right next door for her to visit on the 27th. 

I just don't think that's the case, because her posting doesn't match up honestly. The LAPD, seem like they just didn't care like Matt said. I mean the

The dates do match up if you factor in that some of her postings were scheduled to appear on certain dates. I'm not sure why she did that, but her tumblr postings are not all posted on the day she experienced them. Just keep that in mind. 

I find the police statements more reliable than her tumblr postings since her tumblr continued to update after her death. It had a feature that allows you to postpone a post until a later date that you set yourself. Once the day you intend to post arrives, it becomes posted. It makes sense considering she changed her itinerary considerably from what she had originally told her parents. They stated that they didn't know she was going to LA until the very last minute. Not only that but she was free to delay announcing when she really arrived in LA possibly to avoid getting into trouble for the secrecy. As a result of the inconsistent dates of her postings, many others have stated they suspect she was meeting up with someone that she didn't want others to know about. Who knows, but it seems someone was keeping a few secrets which may be related to her death.

Personally I feel like she typed them and then posted them. Only the things she reblogged seemed to be in the queue. She even says that she didn't do much in San Diego, but sit in her room and eat. She had time to type her original post. It's not like she was super busy that she couldn't hop on her computer and type a few sentences.
    Unless she had something to hide. But I'm not saying that's for certain. People suspect it that's all. She was young and curious, but naive. If she had a few people she wanted to meet, her parents would have worried if she mentioned them all and if I were her, I would have avoided conflict as much as possible. There's also the potential for people to "talk". Not saying that was a smart move though. The girl probably didn't think anything would happen if that is what happened. Only the infamous cell phone holds the key unless it is gone forever; lost in the dark abyss. If cell phones were commonplace when Nicole Brown was killed, how much evidence could have been collected just from surveillance when she said she was being stalked? Texts to her friends etc. Photos taken of or with suspects.
    edited March 2015
    Oh and I can't remember exactly where in this thread, but someone posted that EL changed her itinerary and her parents didn't know why. This article has some mathematical errors in it so double check the info because even though they say she disappeared January 31st and that she had been missing for five to six days, they put that she checked into the hotel Jan 28th, which is only four days before. Five to six days before would have been Jan 26th or 25th. http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/02/06/elisa-lam-missing-vancouver-la-disappearance_n_2632632.html The official police notification can be seen here: http://i.imgur.com/HBYJ9xR.png  They would have checked her passport stamp or checked with the airport when she landed for the date. I don't trust the hotel records too much...
  • hopehope Member
    I think the best bet would be a security guard. They basically have access to everything in the hotel.
    I thought so too in my conlusion. Someone who worked with the hotel. 
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    In her last Twitter post she was already in California. She posted she was in LA on Jan. 29, but she most likely got there a day earlier and was posting that she made it safe. On twitter the post is dated on Jan. 27, the same day she got to LA. She was in San Diego on the 26th and it only takes an hour to get to LA from San Diego by plane. So maybe she was in San Diego, at a speakeasy club or event, before she left, then go on a flight to LA. And it's possible too. 

Peculiar - she travelled all the way to San Diego but only sat in her room and ate?
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • In her last Twitter post she was already in California. She posted she was in LA on Jan. 29, but she most likely got there a day earlier and was posting that she made it safe. On twitter the post is dated on Jan. 27, the same day she got to LA. She was in San Diego on the 26th and it only takes an hour to get to LA from San Diego by plane. So maybe she was in San Diego, at a speakeasy club or event, before she left, then go on a flight to LA. And it's possible too. 

Peculiar - she travelled all the way to San Diego but only sat in her room and ate?
    No, but at the moment she was writing, she obviously wasn't doing anything. Which is normal, cause not everyday is suppose to be a big adventure. When I was on vacation, I spend a day inside watching tv, nothing wrong with that. Even if she wasn't doing what she was doing in her post, which I doubt. there is no reason for her to schedule post of what she is doing. Her family didn't know about her accounts, if they did then I don't think she would be putting all the stuff she put on there. Plus her sister didn't even have her sister followed on Twitter.

To me it doesn't make sense that people on here are saying they don't trust the polices time stamp, or Elisa'sown postings, or the medias. Cause if you don't trust any, then you're out of luck trying to find out what happened. To me she wasn't lying to her parents because she was meeting someone her parents might not of approved of, because then she would of kept Toronto a secret too. She met up with people there too.

I think her post were posted the moment she got done typing. That's just what I'm going with people as a blogger myself, it doesn't make sense to but original post in the queue, unless you are a new blog or a suicide note. She could of easily wrote her posts before she went to bed, or before she left for the day, or in the airport, or on her phone when she still had it, or when she was at the last bookstore. She there is no need to schedule a post. But that's my opinion, of coarse she met someone there, but she wasn't busy where she could never access tumblr and post a sentence or two. Cause if that wasn't the case, then she would never be at the Cecil in the first place. And she would of been found in an alley or something.
    edited March 2015
    Ah, I see. 

"She even says that she didn't do much in San Diego, but sit in her room and eat," suggested just that to me, so I suppose I read it incorrectly.

The Twitters of the family members is indeed curious. It seems her sister barely even used hers before, or after the situation arose and settled.
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • Ah, I see. 

"She even says that she didn't do much in San Diego, but sit in her room and eat," suggested just that to me, so I suppose I read it incorrectly.

The Twitters of the family members is indeed curious. It seems her sister barely even used hers before, or after the situation arose and settled.
    Very strange.
    edited March 2015

No, but at the moment she was writing, she obviously wasn't doing anything. Which is normal, cause not everyday is suppose to be a big adventure. When I was on vacation, I spend a day inside watching tv, nothing wrong with that. Even if she wasn't doing what she was doing in her post, which I doubt. there is no reason for her to schedule post of what she is doing. Her family didn't know about her accounts, if they did then I don't think she would be putting all the stuff she put on there. Plus her sister didn't even have her sister followed on Twitter.

To me it doesn't make sense that people on here are saying they don't trust the polices time stamp, or Elisa'sown postings, or the medias. Cause if you don't trust any, then you're out of luck trying to find out what happened. To me she wasn't lying to her parents because she was meeting someone her parents might not of approved of, because then she would of kept Toronto a secret too. She met up with people there too.

I think her post were posted the moment she got done typing. That's just what I'm going with people as a blogger myself, it doesn't make sense to but original post in the queue, unless you are a new blog or a suicide note. She could of easily wrote her posts before she went to bed, or before she left for the day, or in the airport, or on her phone when she still had it, or when she was at the last bookstore. She there is no need to schedule a post. But that's my opinion, of coarse she met someone there, but she wasn't busy where she could never access tumblr and post a sentence or two. Cause if that wasn't the case, then she would never be at the Cecil in the first place. And she would of been found in an alley or something.

If it were a guy she liked, it makes sense that she wouldn't tell anyone. But it might just have been someone who had bad intentions who made sure she kept the real story behind her visit to LA a secret.

I posted that media sometimes make an editorial error without noticing. It happens a lot so it's good to check other sources.

The video date says Feb 1st, but noises were heard by residents on Jan 31st. Flooding also occurred on the 31st. I guess I suspected the video was from the 31st because the loud noises heard could have been a struggle between EL and an assailant. By Feb 1st, she may have already been gone. Why change the date by one day or a few hours? Maybe to make it seem like she was still alive. If it was foul play, time would be an essential part of getting away with it. If people didn't connect the noises with her disappearance (she appears to be alive in the elevator after the noises were reported) then people will be looking for her alive or suspect she wasn't attacked in the hotel but somewhere else. The places you look for a live person are different maybe. The police checked the roof once, but found nothing. They never checked the tanks.

If they had, they may have found more evidence that had not decomposed. The more time passes, the less evidence is left. All we have now is a cold trail. But there's a lot that may have been confirmed by police that we know nothing about, so maybe they confirmed what the noises were on Jan 31st and they decided it was unrelated. 

Maybe someone tripped and fell, dropped a bowling ball, or was having rough sex? lol. You never know. Here's the article that mentions the noise: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/02/body-found-in-water-tank-identified-canadian-tourist.html   
    edited March 2015
    The noise is reported to have come from the fourth floor, the floor EL's room was. Whether it came from her room, has never been confirmed. If the noise is related to her disappearance, then the video footage seems suspicious because that would mean the footage (when she was alive) could have been from Jan 31st or before. If it was staff, maybe they got her when she got off the elevator in the footage, or while she was in her room and took her up using the elevators. They could only use the elevators if they had full control of the security videos.

One of Matt's favourite theories is that EL is a made up fictional person. But it's quite an elaborate ploy to get people to make up testimonies of foul tasting water, or loud noises coming from the fourth floor, or getting the bookstore lady make up a story about what kind of person she was, or assemble a fictional sister and parents from Canada to say they are related, or classmates and faculty. Even people from Toronto remember her. In my mind, a conspiracy to reach as far out as Canada from LA is a bit hard to believe. There would be no need to compile such an extensive tumblr blog for her to prove she was real and had bi-polar disorder. They found her medications in her room. There were receipts from her purchases from the bookstore. It's true that you'd have to confirm a lot of that information by seeing it first hand, but it just seems pointless to have so much information about her existence if it had all been compiled and orchestrated as such. If they had ever found proof of such a conspiracy elsewhere, I'd be more inclined to believe it. It's just so much effort to orchestrate all of the detail available on this case just to gauge a reaction from the public. Unless there is a worthwhile cover-up theory behind it, like something worth spending all that money (on false witnesses) needed to do so. The costs do not equal the benefits. 

I think we all agree the elevator video was really blurry and only the hotel staff and family/friends could positively identify her. They said they released the elevator video because she looked nothing like the photo on the poster which was probably from early in high school. Conspiracy wise, anyone could say anything lol, but it just explains why people do a double take when they compare the video to the photo. 

• Hello I've been reading about this case for a while, I'm not at total expert (I haven't been following for a few weeks so some new info I'm unaware of may have cropped up) however I honestly love mysteries such as this, so I thought I'd try to throw my hat into the table. There's a lot I wanna talk about, however there's one point that's constantly been bugging me. It's how the body itself got into the water tank, despite it being allegedly impossible to open without sawing the thing open. I don't know if this has been talked to death yet, but I wanna have my say about it. 

Taking whether it's a murder or an accident out of the equation, assuming that Elisa Lam is a real person, this entire case should, realistically, be impossible. The water tank was supposedly rusted shut/ Too small to open/impossible to open by regular means, the Maintenance  workers had to cut the lid off of it. Due to this rusting over the water tank itself became a "locked room",a space nobody feasibly could have entered. I doubt a women could accidentally fall into a water tank if it's practically sealed shut, same with a murderer. A normal person likely couldn't open that thing without some sort of tool, and again that would require forcibly chopping the tank open. Hell this is part of the reason why the whole thing became so mysterious, and why some people are quick to blame some kinda supernatural force. However, in this kind of situation, I think it's better to change your perspectives. Instead of trying to figure out how Elisa Lam could have gotten into a sealed, closed off space, how could somebody have sealed the water tank after Elisa was inside? 

I don't really believe in the occult, and I really doubt the possibility of this entire thing being a hoax.  Ghosts and spooks aren't real, and it's pretty far fetched that the government would put so much effort into some sort of far fetched cover up. So my proposal is maybe somebody could have sealed up the entrance to the tank, or done something that would have made it difficult to enter. I'll admit my knowledge about the door situation is limited, however it's possible somebody could have tampered with it, correct?  It had to be possible for somebody to have opened the door without cutting it open BEFORE Lam got in there. There's also the possibility that somebody could have used some sort of trick to open it up, but if such a trick existed the Maintenance crew likely would have known about it. I'm fairly sure that somebody would have had to have closed the tank from the outside as well, it doesn't seem as if it's possible for Lam to have closed it herself, from what I can tell. I honestly believe that this incident might have been due to some sort of murder, and there are several motives a murderer might have had to seal the door shut to make it impossible to enter. 

One, it would make it harder for Lam to escape, if she weren't already dead at the time of the incident. Two it would make preforming an autopsy a lot harder. The more you give the body time to rot, the harder it'll be to check for method of death/time of death/etc. It would be beneficial to the culprit to make the body as hard as possible to access, also on that topic a water tank would be a decent place to hide a body. It'd be the last place anybody would check, right? Especially some place that's extremely difficult to access. The only thing that bugs me about this theory is that I'm having trouble thinking of some kind of method a hypothetical killer could have used to seal the entrance to the water tank, or if that's even something that's possible to do at all. Sorry if it's a stupid theory in general, just wanted to throw out some random idea. Sure there are a lot of holes in it. Such as me completely misunderstanding the nature of the door. 
  • DeGenzillaDeGenzilla Member
    edited April 2015
    So I spent just about my entire day reading through this thread, it's pretty interesting. While I don't have much to offer up on the theories part, I'm interested in just finding pictures or information that could reveal anything or be something of significance. 

A previous post I read by Wisteria1234 mentioned a photo of Elisa on the set of a CBC show called the George Stroumboulopoulos Show but they couldn't seem to find the photo. I believe this is what they were looking for?
    The article has a history of the Cecil Hotel and the serial killers who have stayed there, murders or mysterious deaths that have occurred, and some pictures iincluding the rooftop and water tanks as they were shown on a news broadcast, so not much to show that we likely haven't seen before besides the photo of her on the show. 

Edit: I found an uncropped version of the picture with a quick search. http://ubyssey.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/elisalam-e1360198734508.jpg
    So I spent just about my entire day reading through this thread, it's pretty interesting. While I don't have much to offer up on the theories part, I'm interested in just finding pictures or information that could reveal anything or be something of significance. 

A previous post I read by Wisteria1234 mentioned a photo of Elisa on the set of a CBC show called the George Stroumboulopoulos Show but they couldn't seem to find the photo. I believe this is what they were looking for?
    The article has a history of the Cecil Hotel and the serial killers who have stayed there, murders or mysterious deaths that have occurred, and some pictures iincluding the rooftop and water tanks as they were shown on a news broadcast, so not much to show that we likely haven't seen before besides the photo of her on the show. 

Edit: I found an uncropped version of the picture with a quick search. http://ubyssey.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/elisalam-e1360198734508.jpg
    Good find. What was she doing on that show, do you know?

Here's the full image:

-------------------
    @Edo_Nagori

P.S.

A hearty welcome to the forums to both of you.
    -------------------
  • hey guys. i'm new, but have read nearly every post here over the last several hours and have a few things i'd like to add that i've been thinking.

first, the purpose of the water tanks. is it normal for a building's running water to be supplied from rooftop tanks and not from the city pipes? are they not there to supply things like emergency sprinkler water? is there any way to confirm the source of the hotel's water? i think we're assuming the hotel's running water came from the tanks because "witnesses" claimed there was foul water/ no water pressure, but i always found it odd that drinking/bath water would be supplied this way and be safe to consume. could it be that easy to contaminate an entire building's water supply?

second, if it is elisa in the elevator, a lot of people jump to the conclusion that she's intoxicated in some way, or having some kind of psychotic reaction, but i think it's more likely this woman had no idea she was on camera and thought it would be clear to perform what looks to me like an obsessive compulsive ritual- i've at times in my life behaved similarly to the girl in the elevator: retracing my steps, rehaving conversations, sometimes performing these things in fast forward or in an exaggerated manner to complete them faster, etc. this is what the girl in the video's actions remind me of. i've had ocd for years and it's easy enough to hide if you feel you have to, and it often comes with depression and anxiety. just wanted to throw that out there.
  • hopehope Member
    second, if it is elisa in the elevator, a lot of people jump to the conclusion that she's intoxicated in some way, or having some kind of psychotic reaction, but i think it's more likely this woman had no idea she was on camera and thought it would be clear to perform what looks to me like an obsessive compulsive ritual- i've at times in my life behaved similarly to the girl in the elevator: retracing my steps, rehaving conversations, sometimes performing these things in fast forward or in an exaggerated manner to complete them faster, etc. this is what the girl in the video's actions remind me of. i've had ocd for years and it's easy enough to hide if you feel you have to, and it often comes with depression and anxiety. just wanted to throw that out there.
    About this: I was thinking exactly the same! She is not acting too odd for my liking, I would also probably appear a little 'silly' at times when I am not aware I am on the camera. 
    However, as many has pointed out before, it does look like she might be having a conversation of some sort with someone outside the elevator. That would also explain why she walks away and does not take the elevator when it finally decides to work again. 
    hey guys. i'm new, but have read nearly every post here over the last several hours and have a few things i'd like to add that i've been thinking.

first, the purpose of the water tanks. is it normal for a building's running water to be supplied from rooftop tanks and not from the city pipes? are they not there to supply things like emergency sprinkler water? is there any way to confirm the source of the hotel's water? i think we're assuming the hotel's running water came from the tanks because "witnesses" claimed there was foul water/ no water pressure, but i always found it odd that drinking/bath water would be supplied this way and be safe to consume. could it be that easy to contaminate an entire building's water supply?

Welcome, hoteldetective.

Perhaps older buildings need to be gravity fed with their water, but I'm not entirely sure.
    -------------------
  • Since her exbf did say she was going to be meeting up with someone she met online in Cali, I'm still sticking with it was "him"..or mayybbe a hotel worker..
    But I also wanted to mention.. I have a picture of her swimming, somewhere. I find it kind of eerie!
    Since her exbf did say she was going to be meeting up with someone she met online in Cali, I'm still sticking with it was "him"..or mayybbe a hotel worker..
    But I also wanted to mention.. I have a picture of her swimming, somewhere. I find it kind of eerie!
    Can you post it here so we can see it?
    -------------------
  • Its buried in a huge mess of external HD files.
    If someone can remind me where her graduation photos are on FB, I can find it again.
    Shoot, I'm not even sure where those are from. Maybe one of the other brilliant gumshoes on this thread could lead us in the right direction.
    -------------------
  • edited April 2015
    do you mean these? one two three

i don't think it would've been someone she met online. the location of her body implies little planning unless you want the body to be found, but then why hide it at all? i've seen/heard enough about that hotel in the last few days to think a lot of weird stuff could happen there that no one would do anything about.
    (there was a clip where some ladies were filming their room to show how
    small it was and suddenly some guy screams like he's being murdered in
    some other room and they run the hell out of there before the video cuts
    off.)
    no way in hell i'd go exploring that place by myself as elisa appears to have been doing!

[there's some weird formatting here that i can't seem to fix]
  • edited April 2015
    you pasted the url twice in the same link so it doesn't work. that's not elisa anyway, you can tell between the comments and people tagged in the other photos that it's someone named flora in the black swimsuit.
  • do you mean these? one two three

i don't think it would've been someone she met online. the location of her body implies little planning unless you want the body to be found, but then why hide it at all? i've seen/heard enough about that hotel in the last few days to think a lot of weird stuff could happen there that no one would do anything about.
    (there was a clip where some ladies were filming their room to show how
    small it was and suddenly some guy screams like he's being murdered in
    some other room and they run the hell out of there before the video cuts
    off.)
    no way in hell i'd go exploring that place by myself as elisa appears to have been doing!

[there's some weird formatting here that i can't seem to fix]
    Personally I think she met someone. When she got in the tank, she could of moved her body around. She could of went in one way and turned when she was in and remained that way until her death. As for the hiding the body if they didn't want it to be found. Well maybe the person didn't know the water tank was active. I mean you were questioning if the tanks were even being used. Maybe whoever dumped her didn't think they were on. Or maybe they wanted the body to be found in a crazy disturbing way. I mean the hotel has had serial killers living in it and i don't doubt that there still are some living there or at least one time killers. Serial killers like to watch their killing unfold. Like I said before, this was a planned attack. It's just too strange for it not to be.
  • edited April 2015

Personally I think she met someone. When she got in the tank, she could of moved her body around. She could of went in one way and turned when she was in and remained that way until her death. As for the hiding the body if they didn't want it to be found. Well maybe the person didn't know the water tank was active. I mean you were questioning if the tanks were even being used. Maybe whoever dumped her didn't think they were on. Or maybe they wanted the body to be found in a crazy disturbing way. I mean the hotel has had serial killers living in it and i don't doubt that there still are some living there or at least one time killers. Serial killers like to watch their killing unfold. Like I said before, this was a planned attack. It's just too strange for it not to be.
    the tanks thing was more my own disbelief that such a system would be in use and not be a tremendous safety risk, as shown with elisa it's possible to put anything one would want into the water supply. what if someone put poison in there? i think it's unlikely someone who lived there long-term would risk hiding a body on home turf. the killers who lived there before didn't do it in the hotel for a reason. i think if this was a murder at all it was opportunistic or maybe elisa wandered into something she shouldn't have. you can find people on reddit who apparently knew her, and according to them she had "episodes" and even disappeared before, so maybe she did end up in the tank on her own :( we'll likely never know. i still don't think the elevator footage reveals anything other than elisa and something happening in her mind, whatever that may have been. next time i think of it i'm going to ask my therapist to check out the elevator footage to see what she thinks.
  • OK I have been reading the comments forever now lol. So now I am adding what I hope to be the first of many. So I noticed quite a few time people pointed out that it looked like she was counting in the video. I have type 2 bipolar, severe anxiety disorder and impulse control disorder. When I have bad days - I count. Its a coping thing. It calms my nerves. She may have known she was on the brink of a break and was trying to control it herself. Also my daughter has anxiety disorder pretty severely as well, which for someone with bipolar typically goes undiagnosed, she carries on full conversations with herself. She does this when she's feeling rejected, down, scared, angry, etc. Elisa's behavior in the elevator reminded me a lot of my daughter. That being said, let's be honest with our selves for a moment. Even in my darkest most suicidal hour, I would have NEVER gone into one of those tanks. I also saw someone ask months back why they had to cut it open to get her out - the opening was only 16 inches. I have seen decomp after 4 days - no way could they have gotten the body out of that hole. Sorry to be graphic but she would have had severe skin slippage, bloating, she probably was very fragile. Also most suicides that choose drowning either die fully clothed or they put their clothes somewhere dry and protected even in the middle of a break. As far as not seeing crime scene photos - this one I am going to play devils advocate on. LAPD got in trouble a year or two before this all blew up for allowing some really gruesome ones to be leaked of a teanage girl in a wreck. I can see both sides of the coin as far as the pics go just saying. There is so much more I want to discuss but I want to do some more research first. So in the next day or two look for a huge post from me. And thank you for all the awesome work so far - it makes my diving off points easier. I have a couple hunches and a few sources that I might be able to tap into. Keeping my fingers crossed to bring you some new stuff soon
    OK I have been reading the comments forever now lol. So now I am adding what I hope to be the first of many. So I noticed quite a few time people pointed out that it looked like she was counting in the video. I have type 2 bipolar, severe anxiety disorder and impulse control disorder. When I have bad days - I count. Its a coping thing. It calms my nerves. She may have known she was on the brink of a break and was trying to control it herself. Also my daughter has anxiety disorder pretty severely as well, which for someone with bipolar typically goes undiagnosed, she carries on full conversations with herself. She does this when she's feeling rejected, down, scared, angry, etc. Elisa's behavior in the elevator reminded me a lot of my daughter. That being said, let's be honest with our selves for a moment. Even in my darkest most suicidal hour, I would have NEVER gone into one of those tanks. I also saw someone ask months back why they had to cut it open to get her out - the opening was only 16 inches. I have seen decomp after 4 days - no way could they have gotten the body out of that hole. Sorry to be graphic but she would have had severe skin slippage, bloating, she probably was very fragile. Also most suicides that choose drowning either die fully clothed or they put their clothes somewhere dry and protected even in the middle of a break. As far as not seeing crime scene photos - this one I am going to play devils advocate on. LAPD got in trouble a year or two before this all blew up for allowing some really gruesome ones to be leaked of a teanage girl in a wreck. I can see both sides of the coin as far as the pics go just saying. There is so much more I want to discuss but I want to do some more research first. So in the next day or two look for a huge post from me. And thank you for all the awesome work so far - it makes my diving off points easier. I have a couple hunches and a few sources that I might be able to tap into. Keeping my fingers crossed to bring you some new stuff soon
    Welcome to the forums, superjess.

That's an excellent point you make regarding the fragility of her body, which is backed up by the autopsy report. If her body was indeed that fragile, how were they able to retrieve her without doing any damage? An interesting question to ponder.
    -------------------
  • I have a quick question - in the middle of some research - has anyone ever known someone personally autopsied in LA county? I know its a weird question but I promise to explain later - I am trying to compare something and I don't want to sound like an idiot. I just need a name or a case number. I just want to look up the info on the site about the status and all. Something caught my attention but without another case to compare it to - I can't be sure I am right. I promise no disrespect.
    I wonder if an archive of autopsy reports is available online somewhere.
    -------------------
  • I will post shortly on what I have gathered thus far -which really opens more questions than answers. But what bothers me about the autopsy that I looked up from their site is the status of the remains. Any other city where I could find online autopsy reports and could bs my way through the system by typing in a random name - when it got to the remains status - it would say claimed. But on Elisa's it says ready. Like they are still there. Unclaimed remains don't stick around this long, they go to a potters field. And I am positive the family would have claimed her by now. So why hasn't the status changed? The CDC requires that stuff like that stay current. Puzzling to say the least
    I will post shortly on what I have gathered thus far -which really opens more questions than answers. But what bothers me about the autopsy that I looked up from their site is the status of the remains. Any other city where I could find online autopsy reports and could bs my way through the system by typing in a random name - when it got to the remains status - it would say claimed. But on Elisa's it says ready. Like they are still there. Unclaimed remains don't stick around this long, they go to a potters field. And I am positive the family would have claimed her by now. So why hasn't the status changed? The CDC requires that stuff like that stay current. Puzzling to say the least
    Sounds good, looking forward to it. An interesting find regarding the claimed status. Peculiar indeed.
    -------------------
  • superjesssuperjess Member
    edited April 2015
    so here is what I have discovered so far as usual with this case there are more questions than answers. I have researched until my little brain is numb. I decided to stay away from the things I've been talked out or we cannot get any more info on for example missing pieces of video. So here goes nothing lol. I'm going to try to do this some sort of from life to death order.
    Her Online Presence
    •Blog seems to be the oldest account
    •Open for about three years before her death
    •Maybe able to contact GreyTheBlog
    -seems like they knew each other. She maybe able to confirm who she was
    •Instagram established first post week of 4/16/2012
    •absolutely no comments before her death - seems really odd

So on to her meds. They found all these medications in her room after she was found. They concerned me so I researched them here is my findings:

Lamotrigine - side effects can include clumsiness, anxiety, confusion, and depression

Quetiapine - is an antipsychotic - some side effects can include (think about the video or rewatch it closely) the need to keep moving and uncontrolled twisting movement of neck, trunk, arms and legs

Venlafaxine - is a serotonin - norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor - may cause sleepiness, dizziness, confusion, and loss of strength

Welbutrin - may cause anxiety, confusion and dizziness

Now the nonprescription interactions

Advil - venlafaxine - increased bleeding risk

Dexedrine and sinutab interact with just about all of them! And the side effects are about the same. So I am just listing the ones for Dexedrine so I don't have to repeat and I am typing on a phone so..lol

Lamotrigine - causes impaired judgment and thinking

Quetiapine - cause impaired judgment and thinking

Wellbutrin - it may cause seizures

Venlafaxine - jitteriness, nervousness, anxiety, restlessness, and racing thoughts, but it can also cause something, especially when you throw the wellbutrin in the mix, called serotonin syndrome. It is characterized by confusion and hallucinations. It can occur with in hours of starting a new drug or increasing the dose.

Interestingly she had just filled her meds in January. Here is the amounts prescribed versus what was in the bottles.

Prescribed. Found
    Lamotrigine. 60. 70

Quetiapine. 30. 20

Wellbutrin. 60. 57

This on she was prescribed two different strengths.
    Venlafaxine. 60. 60
    60. 64

Curiously though, venlafaxine, lamotrigine, and wellbutrin were the only things that showed up on autopsy.

Speaking of autopsy, this one is a gigantic FAILURE!
    First while the drugs are fresh in our minds, why were no vitreous fluid samples taken? (Fluid from the eyeballs themselves). It the standard with cases of advanced decomp, massive blood loss, or other circumstances where testing for drugs and/or toxins is needed but difficult to obtain due to contamination or body condition. It is also the most accurate.

Now the forensic investigator examines the body. There was noted mold spots on her legs, she was bloated (including her abdomen), and her rectum was prolapsed. None of these things are mentioned in the official autopsy. Let me say this, from researching prolasped rectums, you don't overlook them lol. Also when drowning vistims are found in still bodies of water, pools, tubs, water tanks, etc., they are found in one of two positions period.
    •on their side in a somewhat fetal position
    • face down, head lowered, arms outstretched, the "dead man's float"
    I researched the hell out of this. The only way to be found in another position is in the case of swift current ect. Elisa was found face up! Also for this to be a "wet" drowning there would have had to have been at least three sign from a list of about 50. Only one is even mentioned in the autopsy report but its listed as a normal thing, that's the weight of her spleen. Her spleen should have weighed between 155 - 195 grams, Elisa's only weighed 75 grams. In fact a lot of her organs were severely underweight even for decomp. Especially her lungs, if she drowned they should have swelled. They would have remained this way even in the state she was in. This would have increased their weight, but instead Elisa's were only about half of what they should have weighed. While we are talking about decomp, let me change the subject for a minute. How in the world did they even come close to getting a accurate time of death? There were no temperature readings taken inside the tank, of the air, or of the water. Temperature plays a HUGE role in the rate of decomposition.

Now there are two types of "drowning" that can account for the fact that her lungs had no water in them.
    •Dry Drowning - this happens a lot with people that are water boarded. The body and brain sense water in the nasal passage and automatically shut down the lungs and seal them off. You suffocate.
    •Shock Drowning - entering extreme cold water unexpectedly- followed by a blow to the abdomen, feet first diving, the shock of hitting the water feet first or hitting exterempy cold water both or either unexpectedly can cause fatal arrhythmia. This can be made worse by alcohol or drugs that effect body temperature

But in both cases she would have had water in her stomach(it was still intact) because you instinctively swallow a few times right before you die. Also why was the inside of the tank not examined - unless she was unconscious when she hit that water or she died of shock drowning - she would have fought to get out, even in the case of suicide. Its the minds fight or flight instinct. Self preservation.

The only other thing that I have really noticed at the moment besides the obvious things is that it took three month to get a supervisor to sign off on the microscopic evidence. Hmm?!?!

So let me know what you all think and please be gentle - I put a lot of hard work into what I have researched so far. My husband thinks I should look into becoming an investigative reporter lol.
  • hey guys. i'm new, but have read nearly every post here over the last several hours and have a few things i'd like to add that i've been thinking.

You are right about the water tanks being a safety issue. Here is an article explaining the water tank safety issue in New York: http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/01/27/nyregion/inside-citys-water-tanks-layers-of-neglect.html?referrer=&_r=0 but it is a common source of drinking water.
  • So I spent just about my entire day reading through this thread, it's pretty interesting. While I don't have much to offer up on the theories part, I'm interested in just finding pictures or information that could reveal anything or be something of significance. 

Thanks for the photo. I had seen this photo before but didn't see the red chair. I feel like she's Carmen San Diego.

• OK I have been reading the comments forever now lol. So now I am adding what I hope to be the first of many. So I noticed quite a few time people pointed out that it looked like she was counting in the video. I have type 2 bipolar, severe anxiety disorder and impulse control disorder. When I have bad days - I count. Its a coping thing. It calms my nerves. She may have known she was on the brink of a break and was trying to control it herself. Also my daughter has anxiety disorder pretty severely as well, which for someone with bipolar typically goes undiagnosed, she carries on full conversations with herself. She does this when she's feeling rejected, down, scared, angry, etc. Elisa's behavior in the elevator reminded me a lot of my daughter. That being said, let's be honest with our selves for a moment. Even in my darkest most suicidal hour, I would have NEVER gone into one of those tanks. I also saw someone ask months back why they had to cut it open to get her out - the opening was only 16 inches. I have seen decomp after 4 days - no way could they have gotten the body out of that hole. Sorry to be graphic but she would have had severe skin slippage, bloating, she probably was very fragile. Also most suicides that choose drowning either die fully clothed or they put their clothes somewhere dry and protected even in the middle of a break. As far as not seeing crime scene photos - this one I am going to play devils advocate on. LAPD got in trouble a year or two before this all blew up for allowing some really gruesome ones to be leaked of a teanage girl in a wreck. I can see both sides of the coin as far as the pics go just saying. There is so much more I want to discuss but I want to do some more research first. So in the next day or two look for a huge post from me. And thank you for all the awesome work so far - it makes my diving off points easier. I have a couple hunches and a few sources that I might be able to tap into. Keeping my fingers crossed to bring you some new stuff soon
    Thanks for the description of the behavior. I wasn't aware that anxiety could manifest in the finger counting or hand waving. So that means it's possible that she wasn't drugged with an undetectable substance.
  • I will post shortly on what I have gathered thus far -which really opens more questions than answers. But what bothers me about the autopsy that I looked up from their site is the status of the remains. Any other city where I could find online autopsy reports and could bs my way through the system by typing in a random name - when it got to the remains status - it would say claimed. But on Elisa's it says ready. Like they are still there. Unclaimed remains don't stick around this long, they go to a potters field. And I am positive the family would have claimed her by now. So why hasn't the status changed? The CDC requires that stuff like that stay current. Puzzling to say the least
    Is it possible that they are somehow still investigating?
    so here is what I have discovered so far as usual with this case there are more questions than answers. I have researched until my little brain is numb. I decided to stay away from the things I've been talked out or we cannot get any more info on for example missing pieces of video. So here goes nothing lol. I'm going to try to do this some sort of from life to death order.
    Her Online Presence
    •Blog seems to be the oldest account
    •Open for about three years before her death
    •Maybe able to contact GreyTheBlog
    -seems like they knew each other. She maybe able to confirm who she was
    •Instagram established first post week of 4/16/2012
    •absolutely no comments before her death - seems really odd

So on to her meds. They found all these medications in her room after she was found. They concerned me so I researched them here is my findings:

Lamotrigine - side effects can include clumsiness, anxiety, confusion, and depression

Quetiapine - is an antipsychotic - some side effects can include (think about the video or rewatch it closely) the need to keep moving and uncontrolled twisting movement of neck, trunk, arms and legs

Venlafaxine - is a serotonin - norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor - may cause sleepiness, dizziness, confusion, and loss of strength

Welbutrin - may cause anxiety, confusion and dizziness

Now the nonprescription interactions

Advil - venlafaxine - increased bleeding risk

Dexedrine and sinutab interact with just about all of them! And the side effects are about the same. So I am just listing the ones for Dexedrine so I don't have to repeat and I am typing on a phone so..lol

Lamotrigine - causes impaired judgment and thinking

Quetiapine - cause impaired judgment and thinking

Wellbutrin - it may cause seizures

Venlafaxine - jitteriness, nervousness, anxiety, restlessness, and racing thoughts, but it can also cause something, especially when you throw the wellbutrin in the mix, called serotonin syndrome. It is characterized by confusion and hallucinations. It can occur with in hours of starting a new drug or increasing the dose.

Interestingly she had just filled her meds in January. Here is the amounts prescribed versus what was in the bottles.

Prescribed. Found
    Lamotrigine. 60. 70

Quetiapine. 30. 20

Wellbutrin. 60. 57

This on she was prescribed two different strengths.
    Venlafaxine. 60. 60
    60. 64

Curiously though, venlafaxine, lamotrigine, and wellbutrin were the only things that showed up on autopsy.

Speaking of autopsy, this one is a gigantic FAILURE!
    First while the drugs are fresh in our minds, why were no vitreous fluid samples taken? (Fluid from the eyeballs themselves). It the standard with cases of advanced decomp, massive blood loss, or other circumstances where testing for drugs and/or toxins is needed but difficult to obtain due to contamination or body condition. It is also the most accurate.

Now the forensic investigator examines the body. There was noted mold spots on her legs, she was bloated (including her abdomen), and her rectum was prolapsed. None of these things are mentioned in the official autopsy. Let me say this, from researching prolasped rectums, you don't overlook them lol. Also when drowning vistims are found in still bodies of water, pools, tubs, water tanks, etc., they are found in one of two positions period.
    •on their side in a somewhat fetal position
    • face down, head lowered, arms outstretched, the "dead man's float"
    I researched the hell out of this. The only way to be found in another position is in the case of swift current ect. Elisa was found face up! Also for this to be a "wet" drowning there would have had to have been at least three sign from a list of about 50. Only one is even mentioned in the autopsy report but its listed as a normal thing, that's the weight of her spleen. Her spleen should have weighed between 155 - 195 grams, Elisa's only weighed 75 grams. In fact a lot of her organs were severely underweight even for decomp. Especially her lungs, if she drowned they should have swelled. They would have remained this way even in the state she was in. This would have increased their weight, but instead Elisa's were only about half of what they should have weighed. While we are talking about decomp, let me change the subject for a minute. How in the world did they even come close to getting a accurate time of death? There were no temperature readings taken inside the tank, of the air, or of the water. Temperature plays a HUGE role in the rate of decomposition.

Now there are two types of "drowning" that can account for the fact that her lungs had no water in them.
    •Dry Drowning - this happens a lot with people that are water boarded. The body and brain sense water in the nasal passage and automatically shut down the lungs and seal them off. You suffocate.
    •Shock Drowning - entering extreme cold water unexpectedly- followed by a blow to the abdomen, feet first diving, the shock of hitting the water feet first or hitting exterempy cold water both or either unexpectedly can cause fatal arrhythmia. This can be made worse by alcohol or drugs that effect body temperature

But in both cases she would have had water in her stomach(it was still intact) because you instinctively swallow a few times right before you die. Also why was the inside of the tank not examined - unless she was unconscious when she hit that water or she died of shock drowning - she would have fought to get out, even in the case of suicide. Its the minds fight or flight instinct. Self preservation.

The only other thing that I have really noticed at the moment besides the obvious things is that it took three month to get a supervisor to sign off on the microscopic evidence. Hmm?!?!

So let me know what you all think and please be gentle - I put a lot of hard work into what I have researched so far. My husband thinks I should look into becoming an investigative reporter lol.
    Absolutely fantastic research, Jess. I think it definitely paints a broader picture of what might be going on, and leads to a number of possibilities. This (assuming what they're telling us is correct) reaffirms my theory that she died *before* she was in the tank, and was just plonked there to get rid of her.

The point about the eyeballs is especially interesting, especially considering how toxicology tests seemed to have been difficult to conduct and revealed little. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the autopsy report even says there isn't enough of anything to conduct proper tests in this regard. That's a glaring red flag to me.

Good stuff, and a lot to mull over. I definitely think there's a courageous researcher roaring within you.
    -------------------
  • superjesssuperjess Member
    edited April 2015
    Just thought I would give you a quick glance at the differences on how this was handled. Now I know Corey haim was a celebrity but an autopsy is an autopsy. It was obvious what he died from and yet they still took fluid from his eyes! I am uploading the autopsy report for him from LA county. Also the reason I even looked at his - I needed to compare because something else jumped out at me that I missed before. It specifically states in her autopsy that wrist scars are absent. This puzzled me. Why would they make that statement. Why would they even look for them unless Elisa had them and this body doesn't? Anyway I am off to dig some more lol. This girl, whoever she is deserves a voice, hers was stolen.
    Just thought I would give you a quick glance at the differences on how this was handled. Now I know Corey haim was a celebrity but an autopsy is an autopsy. It was obvious what he died from and yet they still took fluid from his eyes! I am uploading the autopsy report for him from LA county. Also the reason I even looked at his - I needed to compare because something else jumped out at me that I missed before. It specifically states in her autopsy that wrist scars are absent. This puzzled me. Why would they make that statement. Why would they even look for them unless Elisa had them and this body doesn't? Anyway I am off to dig some more lol. This girl, whoever she is deserves a voice, hers was stolen.
    Thanks for sharing this comparison file. You're absolutely right about the wrist marks - that's peculiar, and I hadn't thought about that before. Did she have suicidal tendencies that no one thought of? Were they unsure about the bodies? They were unsure about at least one thing, because as you mentioned, Corey's cause of death seems evident, but people are scribbling out other people's cause of death conclusions on Elisa's report. Every time you raise information like this, you turn what I felt was a stagnant case into something definitely worth pondering further - keep us informed on further findings! 
    -------------------
  • Hello everyone. I've been reading most of the posts on this thread (although not all, so my apologies in advance if any of these points have already been thoroughly discussed)  and I've decided to create a post of my own to share my opinions, as well as facts, I've gathered over the past few days.

The first thing I'd like to say is that there isn't a doubt in my mind that more than just Elisa was involved in her death. I say this because, as previously stated, there are a lot of things that simply don't add up if it were to truly be just her. Now, let me move onto my theory itself and then I'll break it down to explain how I came to this conclusion.

We'll first take a look at every social media website she belongs to. Firstly, of most importance, let's look at her blog posts where she goes under the title "L.L.". The way she words these blog posts (the ones I'm assuming haven't been copied from other places) are very similar to that of someone who seems to be suffering from a form of depression, especially her post that starts off by saying, "I spent about two days in bed hating myself."
    I've seen the argument that her blog posts, which draw us a picture of an awkward, self conscious young woman who feels disconnected from the world around her, is very different to the woman who appears to be playing a game of sorts with an unseen individual in the elevator tapes. Very different to a woman who would wear lacy black underwear underneath loose men's shorts. Although, depression (as well as other mental illnesses) often have a "come and go" effect. So while one day Elisa could've found herself emotionally crippled, the next she could be all smiles. This could also explain why her family insists she wasn't mentally ill.

When reviewing the tapes, this CNN body language expert found that her body language matched that of someone playful, perhaps even showing interest in someone nearby. Could it be that the man described in one of her blog posts could've been her escape from a depression? Being somebody who seemingly spent long periods of time on the internet, could she have met this mystery man online and pursued a long distance relationship with him? He could indeed have lived in the area of the Cecil hotel and requested that she take a trip to see him. What if she were to insist that she go to this place alone so the two can enjoy each other's company in peace?

Moving on from the elevator tapes and to the crime scene itself, it was reported that she was found naked in the water tank, her clothes in there with her, and there were traces of blood around her anus. Now assuming a man or somebody else was with her, this could explain the former. What if in a world she felt so misplaced in, she found solace in this mystery man? Her one true love, the one who could take away her troubles. Elisa, misled and possibly suffering the effects of mixing her medication with alcohol (slight traces of it was found in her system, but not enough to leave her in a drunken state. Though possibly enough to be toxic to her when mixed with her medication) could have let whoever she might've been with take her to a place to rest easy. In her vulnerable state, he could've taken her to the roof. This is a disclosed, and mostly off limits area for him to perform whatever acts he wished without the threat of other hearing and/or running the risk of a security camera picking any of it up. So he took advantage of her, stripped her of her clothing and tossed it on the roof, which could explain the "sand" like substance found on it, and once he was done, eased her body down into the water tank.

Now here's where the story could branch off into two separate directions. Now either she drowned, which I believe another poster debunked, or she was somehow killed before being dumped into the conveniently placed water tank. Either way, it's my strong belief that she didn't commit suicide. I believe Elisa Lam was troubled, but ultimately didn't want to take her own life. Whatever the truth is, I hope somebody brings it to light because this young woman's family deserve to be at peace, as does she.

This is, of course, just a theory and I'm sorry if anything I've said wasn't accurate/correct and I welcome constructive criticism. All of you have progressed so far in this case and I just hope there's some breakthrough because this poor girl's story shouldn't simply fade away. She deserves to be remembered.

Hello everyone. I've been reading most of the posts on this thread (although not all, so my apologies in advance if any of these points have already been thoroughly discussed)  and I've decided to create a post of my own to share my opinions, as well as facts, I've gathered over the past few days.

The first thing I'd like to say is that there isn't a doubt in my mind that more than just Elisa was involved in her death. I say this because, as previously stated, there are a lot of things that simply don't add up if it were to truly be just her. Now, let me move onto my theory itself and then I'll break it down to explain how I came to this conclusion.

We'll first take a look at every social media website she belongs to. Firstly, of most importance, let's look at her blog posts where she goes under the title "L.L.". The way she words these blog posts (the ones I'm assuming haven't been copied from other places) are very similar to that of someone who seems to be suffering from a form of depression, especially her post that starts off by saying, "I spent about two days in bed hating myself."
    I've seen the argument that her blog posts, which draw us a picture of an awkward, self conscious young woman who feels disconnected from the world around her, is very different to the woman who appears to be playing a game of sorts with an unseen individual in the elevator tapes. Very different to a woman who would wear lacy black underwear underneath loose men's shorts. Although, depression (as well as other mental illnesses) often have a "come and go" effect. So while one day Elisa could've found herself emotionally crippled, the next she could be all smiles. This could also explain why her family insists she wasn't mentally ill.

When reviewing the tapes, this CNN body language expert found that her body language matched that of someone playful, perhaps even showing interest in someone nearby. Could it be that the man described in one of her blog posts could've been her escape from a depression? Being somebody who seemingly spent long periods of time on the internet, could she have met this mystery man online and pursued a long distance relationship with him? He could indeed have lived in the area of the Cecil hotel and requested that she take a trip to see him. What if she were to insist that she go to this place alone so the two can enjoy each other's company in peace?

Moving on from the elevator tapes and to the crime scene itself, it was reported that she was found naked in the water tank, her clothes in there with her, and there were traces of blood around her anus. Now assuming a man or somebody else was with her, this could explain the former. What if in a world she felt so misplaced in, she found solace in this mystery man? Her one true love, the one who could take away her troubles. Elisa, misled and possibly suffering the effects of mixing her medication with alcohol (slight traces of it was found in her system, but not enough to leave her in a drunken state. Though possibly enough to be toxic to her when mixed with her medication) could have let whoever she might've been with take her to a place to rest easy. In her vulnerable state, he could've taken her to the roof. This is a disclosed, and mostly off limits area for him to perform whatever acts he wished without the threat of other hearing and/or running the risk of a security camera picking any of it up. So he took advantage of her, stripped her of her clothing and tossed it on the roof, which could explain the "sand" like substance found on it, and once he was done, eased her body down into the water tank.

Now here's where the story could branch off into two separate directions. Now either she drowned, which I believe another poster debunked, or she was somehow killed before being dumped into the conveniently placed water tank. Either way, it's my strong belief that she didn't commit suicide. I believe Elisa Lam was troubled, but ultimately didn't want to take her own life. Whatever the truth is, I hope somebody brings it to light because this young woman's family deserve to be at peace, as does she.

This is, of course, just a theory and I'm sorry if anything I've said wasn't accurate/correct and I welcome constructive criticism. All of you have progressed so far in this case and I just hope there's some breakthrough because this poor girl's story shouldn't simply fade away. She deserves to be remembered.

Hello Effie, welcome to the forums.

It's an interesting theory indeed. I have always maintained that I don't feel that the woman in the video is actually acting "bizarre" in any way, and is simply fooling around. Since we lack audio, context, and the video itself has been edited numerous times, we don't really know what is going on. Imagine if we film someone pretending to be drunk with their friend as a part of some shared humour, and then cut out everything before or after - of course that person will seem high out of their mind. On top of this, we're being fed headlines that she was mentally ill and so on, and so our perspective of the elevator snippet is painted from the get go.

If you're leaning towards her being dead prior to entering the tank, then I agree with you. I think the tank was, as you put it, a very convenient place to dump a body and destroy evidence. As to why that happened remains a mystery, but considering how fast the LAPD wrapped things up, and all the shady circumstances surrounding her death, it would seem that there was  reason why things needed to be closed quickly. Suicide is convenient, and in all honesty, we have no idea if any of this mental illness stuff is legitimate. Consider these thoughts:

1.   Someone had control of Elisa's social media accounts, since they were posting after her death. How do we know they weren't edited in some way?

2.   Whatever was found in her blood could have been taken that day by her, hidden in something she hate, or by force. And that's even assuming the autopsy report is legitimate. The scrawled out cause of death alone suggests something may be amiss.

Nevertheless a good encapsulation of thoughts. She most definitely deserves to be remembered and spoken for, since she can no longer do so herself. I still feel the key lies with the LAPD. 
    -------------------
  • Hello Effie, welcome to the forums.
    It's an interesting theory indeed. I have always maintained that I don't feel that the woman in the video is actually acting "bizarre" in any way, and is simply fooling around. Since we lack audio, context, and the video itself has been edited numerous times, we don't really know what is going on. Imagine if we film someone pretending to be drunk with their friend as a part of some shared humour, and then cut out everything before or after - of course that person will seem high out of their mind. On top of this, we're being fed headlines that she was mentally ill and so on, and so our perspective of the elevator snippet is painted from the get go.

If you're leaning towards her being dead prior to entering the tank, then I agree with you. I think the tank was, as you put it, a very convenient place to dump a body and destroy evidence. As to why that happened remains a mystery, but considering how fast the LAPD wrapped things up, and all the shady circumstances surrounding her death, it would seem that there was  reason why things needed to be closed quickly. Suicide is convenient, and in all honesty, we have no idea if any of this mental illness stuff is legitimate. Consider these thoughts:

1.   Someone had control of Elisa's social media accounts, since they were posting after her death. How do we know they weren't edited in some way?

2.   Whatever was found in her blood could have been taken that day by her, hidden in something she hate, or by force. And that's even assuming the autopsy report is legitimate. The scrawled out cause of death alone suggests something may be amiss.

Nevertheless a good encapsulation of thoughts. She most definitely deserves to be remembered and spoken for, since she can no longer do so herself. I still feel the key lies with the LAPD. 
    Thank you for the welcome.
    I agree with you that the video is certainly lacking in substantial evidence to conclude that she could have been high or drugged, etc. I at first thought she was acting panicked, but after reviewing it a few dozen times it seemed almost like she was goofing around with somebody outside the elevator or something alone those lines.

Thank you for reminding me of a point I missed in my post. It was said before that pictures were deleted from her blog and that it could've been somebody with access to the account that deleted it. Could it have been the person who killed her? I read somewhere, I'm not very sure where now because it's all starting to blend together, that her computer was never found. I've been thinking, they should use her blog posts (assuming they were made at her computer) to search her ip address and possibly recover the location of the computer to date.

I agree that something is definitely not right here. I had a theory at one point that the government was trying to cover something up because a fault on their part could've contributed to her death. This would explain the shocking lack of evidence, coverage, and so on of this story. I think most of the things media said is, to an extent, fabricated. However, if her blog posts haven't in fact been tampered with, I think it's safe to say that maybe she did suffer from something.

I was under the impression that the mysterious blog post was actually a queued post that was just posted much much later. Maybe this was done by accident which is why it was so far in the future?

Thank you for your time, and I'm glad we agree on a few of these topics. I'd love to hear any insight you might have, as I'm somehow unable to shake this case off.

Thank you for the welcome.

I agree with you that the video is certainly lacking in substantial evidence to conclude that she could have been high or drugged, etc. I at first thought she was acting panicked, but after reviewing it a few dozen times it seemed almost like she was goofing around with somebody outside the elevator or something alone those lines.

Thank you for reminding me of a point I missed in my post. It was said before that pictures were deleted from her blog and that it could've been somebody with access to the account that deleted it. Could it have been the person who killed her? I read somewhere, I'm not very sure where now because it's all starting to blend together, that her computer was never found. I've been thinking, they should use her blog posts (assuming they were made at her computer) to search her ip address and possibly recover the location of the computer to date.

I agree that something is definitely not right here. I had a theory at one point that the government was trying to cover something up because a fault on their part could've contributed to her death. This would explain the shocking lack of evidence, coverage, and so on of this story. I think most of the things media said is, to an extent, fabricated. However, if her blog posts haven't in fact been tampered with, I think it's safe to say that maybe she did suffer from something.

I was under the impression that the mysterious blog post was actually a queued post that was just posted much much later. Maybe this was done by accident which is why it was so far in the future?

Thank you for your time, and I'm glad we agree on a few of these topics. I'd love to hear any insight you might have, as I'm somehow unable to shake this case off.
    You're very welcome, and I'm glad you've joined us.

Many have stated the possibility that items could have been queued for the future, but to me that's a bit strange for the following reasons:

1.   What would be her motivation for doing that? Unless we can find a motivation, I'm not sure that possibility is as convincing as many present it as being.

2.   Why were the queued posts so erratic, if they were indeed queued? They were strange and irregular, and show little rhyme or reason to their scheduling. The very last one came what, a year after her death or something? To me that's peculiar.

3.   Why were all personal photos removed? There isn't a single "selfie" to be found anywhere throughout her social media. Her Facebook was deleted. Her Tumblr and at least one blog were heavily edited, since I encountered many broken links, as well as references to photos that were no longer even in the posts. The only post of hers that remained was one of her "legs", which doesn't really identify anything. 

I don't know, it's all mysterious to me. There's still a part of me that wonders if she even really exists, and if this isn't just some psychological test or distraction on the part of one of America's Alphabet Agencies.  
    -------------------
  • @effiestrinkets i don't think she met someone of such importance, wouldn't she have been more likely to only go see them instead of making them a stop on a tour? unless she was trying to look like she wasn't going for them...who knows. but then why would anyone want to meet at the cecil of all places?

@matt_admin i have wondered about these things, too. the fact that she died makes everything she left behind seem more mysterious. has anyone tried contacting any of those facebook people who are in the graduation photos with her?
  • I read a few of the posts on here and came up with a theory for what happened.
    She mentioned meeting someone, and she also mentioned not being able to find anyone good in person, so maybe she met someone online, who worked at the Cecil Hotel in California, and she went to go visit him and stay there.
    I think it was Archon who mentioned it seemed like she was playing a game with someone, with the hiding, and it would also explain how she would get rooftop access and into the water tank without the alarms going off. I'll read more into it and maybe come up with another theory, but this is my theory for now.
    I read a few of the posts on here and came up with a theory for what happened.
    She mentioned meeting someone, and she also mentioned not being able to find anyone good in person, so maybe she met someone online, who worked at the Cecil Hotel in California, and she went to go visit him and stay there.
    I think it was Archon who mentioned it seemed like she was playing a game with someone, with the hiding, and it would also explain how she would get rooftop access and into the water tank without the alarms going off. I'll read more into it and maybe come up with another theory, but this is my theory for now.
    Welcome to the forums and the discussion. It's a worthy theory and makes a lot of sense. Beating all the security systems, reaching the roof, ending up inside a tank without anyone noticing, and none of these really being revealed through CCTV footage (outside of the elevator, yet there should have been other tapes), builds a strong foundation for the notion that there was someone on the inside.
    -------------------
  • Hello everyone. I've been reading most of the posts on this thread (although not all, so my apologies in advance if any of these points have already been thoroughly discussed)  and I've decided to create a post of my own to share my opinions, as well as facts, I've gathered over the past few days.

That would imply the medications reportedly found were never hers. I have a hard time believing that. The evidence points more towards her increased vulnerability due to her medical condition. Not that she ever tried to commit suicide because of it. The majority of people here do not believe that suicide was a possibility. 
  • I read a few of the posts on here and came up with a theory for what happened.

Welcome to the forums and the discussion. It's a worthy theory and makes a lot of sense. Beating all the security systems, reaching the roof, ending up inside a tank without anyone noticing, and none of these really being revealed through CCTV footage (outside of the elevator, yet there should have been other tapes), builds a strong foundation for the notion that there was someone on the inside.
    but why would you lure someone to kill and then hide the body at your place of work? or anywhere you're connected to. the risk is so high unless you are not trying very hard, not to mention the internet trail that would be left. not to mention that most people would look into the hotel if some internet person was asking to meet them there and maybe think twice about it? isn't there a tumblr post about not wanting to give too much info about herself because of potential online creeps? personally i have difficulty imagining a hotel janitor hanging out on tumblr and hitting it off with elisa, luring her to a hotel with a dark past that's easy to read up on in a seedy neighborhood and then for some reason after all this planning he plays hide and seek in the open but avoids the cameras, gets her on the roof and kills her and "hides" her body there. maybe she really was playing hide and seek with someone (real or otherwise depending on her state of mind) and she hid in the tank herself not realizing she couldn't get out again. i dont think it was some elaborate plan by an employee because it's a f-ing awful plan.
    also there are a number of stories and videos of people gaining access to the rooftop with ease, so it's really not necessary to have the help of an insider. you can go up the fire escape without triggering the alarm that supposedly exists.
    Hello everyone. I've been reading most of the posts on this thread (although not all, so my apologies in advance if any of these points have already been thoroughly discussed)  and I've decided to create a post of my own to share my opinions, as well as facts, I've gathered over the past few days.

That would imply the medications reportedly found were never hers. I have a hard time believing that. The evidence points more towards her increased vulnerability due to her medical condition. Not that she ever tried to commit suicide because of it. The majority of people here do not believe that suicide was a possibility. 
    I suppose it all hinges on the assumption of whether or not the reports we've been given have any truth to them. Should we trust a policing force that shows us heavily edited footage of a woman that barely looks like Elisa, and nothing else from anywhere in the hotel? To me personally, that's shady enough to have me question many of the LAPD's claims. When we really think about it, all the "evidence" we have out of California comes from LAPD declarations or MSM headlines. The only concrete evidence really so far is this:

1.   A heavily edited elevator CCTV clip of a woman that may or may not be Elisa.
    2.   A curious autopsy report with at least one bizarre last-minute edit, and strange omissions such as the ocular fluid test.
    3.   A variety of social media blogs that *seem* to be Elisa's, one of which magically updates erratically on its own, and others that magically delete their content - all after her death.
    4.   Some medical information regarding her psychiatric medication (and have we verified this at all?).
    5.   A drug-test declaration from authorities that simply said, "Nothing found."

So, let me ask some tough questions: Have we spoken with her doctors to see if this is true? Have we seen a body bag of any sort carrying Elisa away? Any autopsy photos? Have we seen her grave plot in Burnaby? Have we ever encountered a case like this where everything is amiss, and then suddenly the case is slammed close without any pursuit at all of a culprit? Please don't think I'm trying to be insane, or cold, or even a nuisance to you; these are honest questions that cross my mind and trouble me about this case. A lot of what we're pursuing is based on assumptions, and that's what makes it so difficult to pin anything down regarding this woman. 

I also don't really believe suicide was a possibility. To me personally, this smells of a cover up.
    -------------------

but why would you lure someone to kill and then hide the body at your place of work? or anywhere you're connected to. the risk is so high unless you are not trying very hard, not to mention the internet trail that would be left. not to mention that most people would look into the hotel if some internet person was asking to meet them there and maybe think twice about it? isn't there a tumblr post about not wanting to give too much info about herself because of potential online creeps? personally i have difficulty imagining a hotel janitor hanging out on tumblr and hitting it off with elisa, luring her to a hotel with a dark past that's easy to read up on in a seedy neighborhood and then for some reason after all this planning he plays hide and seek in the open but avoids the cameras, gets her on the roof and kills her and "hides" her body there. maybe she really was playing hide and seek with someone (real or otherwise depending on her state of mind) and she hid in the tank herself not realizing she couldn't get out again. i dont think it was some elaborate plan by an employee because it's a f-ing awful plan.

also there are a number of stories and videos of people gaining access to the rooftop with ease, so it's really not necessary to have the help of an insider. you can go up the fire escape without triggering the alarm that supposedly exists.
    The only reason I can think of to lure someone there and then kill them would be if there was something preplanned: sex-trade, human trafficking, organ harvesting, shady stuff like that. It all happens far more than we think, and quite unfortunately to boot. Who knows, maybe some high ranking police or government official used that hotel for his romping ground, had fun with Elisa, killed her on purpose or by accident, and then needed a quick out (which the LAPD gladly assisted in). I agree with you completely that it's a bizarre plan, but most last-minute emergency plans would be. Where else would they put a woman that had just died? The water tank would seem their best bet for not getting caught, especially because it helps destroy evidence. At least, that's my perspective, which is definitely not the final say, as I'm just as foggy on all this as everyone else. 
    -------------------
    And just another friendly reminder to all the new people who have joined this thread: be sure to scroll to the top of this page and click on the little "star" to the right to bookmark this thread. That way, you'll get an email message every time something new is posted here. 
    -------------------
  • They mentioned that there were no traces of drugs or alcohol in her system, but they found her body after 19 days, in water. So it would have left her system pretty quickly. 
    Maybe someone drugged her or got her drunk, and that's why she was acting so strange in the video. 
    It just doesn't make sense why she would do that to herself, getting into the water tank, without putting another person in the picture. Also, why would she go to a shady place like Cecil Hotel by herself?
    Did anyone ever find out her reason for going to that part of California? Was it a vacation or a visit to someone? She went by herself, so... Why?
  • Here's another thought that I have had in wading through all of this - in this day and age almost every funeral home - Canadian ones (I have family from there) have online memorial pages. Elisa never had one for friends to leave condolences. I checked. Also, it went back and went to some of the "friends" that she had on her blog before she died. Now I don't have a blog but I subscribe to a fair few, and anytime there is a death that affects one of the authors it at least gets a mention. Elisa's is never mentioned on any of these peoples blogs. Its like she never was. I believe there was a body. I believe there was a murder. I am just not sure anymore that the victim was Elisa Lam. Also here is another fun fact from the medical examiners office website. If you search cases there you are give two ways to search - by name or by case number. You can enter both. I have a friend that provided me with a case number and a name so I could compare some things. She has asked that I not use the actual file or anything on here so I can't give it to you but here is what happens. When you type in the name you find the case and it will give you the case number. If you just have the case number the name pops up with it and you can go into the status as well. If you have both you are even better shape especially if its a common name like john smith. Now when you type in Elisa Lam - you get no results. But if you just use the case number it pops right up. But if try try to use her name and case number together - guess what - you get no results found again. Curious to say the least. When you use the case number it is filed under her name but something tells me that its really not. I think that its for show. Certain records are available to the public. And certain records aren't. Like the rape kit. That isn't public record. It isn't ever going to be released - period. No judge would ever sign off on it. So I think that maybe there is more there that we will never see.

On another note - something that I think Matt mentioned about the drugs and alcohol in her system - yes decomp would break them down to a certain point, some drugs or at least what they breakdown to would still be present. But that's why the ocular fluid is so important. It would tell us everything. Period. It doesn't decompose like the rest of the body. Why that test wasn't run is beyond me.

On another note something that was brought to my attention recently, did you all know that the owner/manager of the hotel at the time had a medical background? Just food for thought.

Oh as for dumping a body so close to where you work/live - most serial killers typically hunt and dispose of their victims within a ten mile radius of their home or work. Its their comfort zone. John Wayne Gacy buried them in his crawl space. So its entirely plausible that the killer works for the hotel or lives there. He would be uber confident and know the inner workings of the place so well that he would know how not to be seen. That's evident from what we can see on the video. Because I believe she is talking to someone just out of camera range. And I believe it was done that way to make her look crazy. As for playing hide and seek - why would you take your clothes off? Even if you were be sexy you wouldn't have taken them off in the tank. Unless she left a trail of them and they were thrown in later. But here is another thing that gets me - she took her watch off too. I believe that she was killed in her room. Or at least getting ready for a shower. (Think about why you take off your watch - for bed and for a shower) and then she was taken upstairs and dumped. That's why she was naked.

Well I am off for now. Let me know what you think
    They mentioned that there were no traces of drugs or alcohol in her system, but they found her body after 19 days, in water. So it would have left her system pretty quickly. 
    Maybe someone drugged her or got her drunk, and that's why she was acting so strange in the video. 
    It just doesn't make sense why she would do that to herself, getting into the water tank, without putting another person in the picture. Also, why would she go to a shady place like Cecil Hotel by herself?
    Did anyone ever find out her reason for going to that part of California? Was it a vacation or a visit to someone? She went by herself, so... Why?
    I believe she was simply hitting the road on her own. She talks about it in her blogs if I'm not mistaken, but I'm hazy regarding the details.
    -------------------
    Here's another thought that I have had in wading through all of this - in this day and age almost every funeral home - Canadian ones (I have family from there) have online memorial pages. Elisa never had one for friends to leave condolences. I checked. Also, it went back and went to some of the "friends" that she had on her blog before she died. Now I don't have a blog but I subscribe to a fair few, and anytime there is a death that affects one of the authors it at least gets a mention. Elisa's is never mentioned on any of these peoples blogs. Its like she never was. I believe there was a body. I believe there was a murder. I am just not sure anymore that the victim was Elisa Lam. Also here is another fun fact from the medical examiners office website. If you search cases there you are give two ways to search - by name or by case number. You can enter both. I have a friend that provided me with a case number and a name so I could compare some things. She has asked that I not use the actual file or anything on here so I can't give it to you but here is what happens. When you type in the name you find the case and it will give you the case number. If you just have the case number the name pops up with it and you can go into the status as well. If you have both you are even better shape especially if its a common name like john smith. Now when you type in Elisa Lam - you get no results. But if you just use the case number it pops right up. But if try try to use her name and case number together - guess what - you get no results found again. Curious to say the least. When you use the case number it is filed under her name but something tells me that its really not. I think that its for show. Certain records are available to the public. And certain records aren't. Like the rape kit. That isn't public record. It isn't ever going to be released - period. No judge would ever sign off on it. So I think that maybe there is more there that we will never see.

On another note - something that I think Matt mentioned about the drugs and alcohol in her system - yes decomp would break them down to a certain point, some drugs or at least what they breakdown to would still be present. But that's why the ocular fluid is so important. It would tell us everything. Period. It doesn't decompose like the rest of the body. Why that test wasn't run is beyond me.

On another note something that was brought to my attention recently, did you all know that the owner/manager of the hotel at the time had a medical background? Just food for thought.

Oh as for dumping a body so close to where you work/live - most serial killers typically hunt and dispose of their victims within a ten mile radius of their home or work. Its their comfort zone. John Wayne Gacy buried them in his crawl space. So its entirely plausible that the killer works for the hotel or lives there. He would be uber confident and know the inner workings of the place so well that he would know how not to be seen. That's evident from what we can see on the video. Because I believe she is talking to someone just out of camera range. And I believe it was done that way to make her look crazy. As for playing hide and seek - why would you take your clothes off? Even if you were be sexy you wouldn't have taken them off in the tank. Unless she left a trail of them and they were thrown in later. But here is another thing that gets me - she took her watch off too. I believe that she was killed in her room. Or at least getting ready for a shower. (Think about why you take off your watch - for bed and for a shower) and then she was taken upstairs and dumped. That's why she was naked.

Well I am off for now. Let me know what you think
    I think that is some great food for thought, and excellent points. How were you able to find out that the manager / owner had a medical background?
    -------------------
  • hopehope Member
    This was my exact theory. It is so logical and obvious. Therefore it is very VERY poor investigation from the part of the officials and the 'investigation'. 
  • edited April 2015
    people keep saying this is a serial killer or an organized conspiracy, but if so then where are the other victims? why is elisa the only one to show up in the water tank? if the hotel is serving as a black market butchers - again where are the other victims who stayed at the hotel and disappeared?
    edited April 2015
    people keep saying this is a serial killer or an organized conspiracy, but if so then where are the other victims? why is elisa the only one to show up in the water tank? if the hotel is serving as a black market butchers - again where are the other victims who stayed at the hotel and disappeared?
    That's an excellent question. I suppose I would put forth these possibilities:

1.   The other victims simply haven't been caught (by the media, or the police, if the police even cared).
    2.   The other victims are people society doesn't care about, and so disappear without an eyelash batting.
    3.   The process went wrong along the way, and she needed to be ditched quickly. 
    4.   Or this is simply a one-off incident in which something simply went wrong, perhaps a drug party, or a liaison gone awry. Without knowing what she was actually doing at the hotel, it's difficult to ascertain her circumstances. But to me, she looks like she was having a good time in and around the elevator, and that she was communicating with at least one other person.

To me, there are factors that suggest this is a high profile cover up:

- Her cell phone and lap top mysteriously disappear, preventing further evidence collection.
    - Her social media is purged.
    - The case is opened and closed without any real pursuit of a wrongdoer, despite that "suicide" is an almost ridiculous notion considering the conditions described on the autopsy report.
    - The release of a deliberately and heavily edited security film from the elevator, and zero other CCTV footage of any kind. 
    - Peculiar details on the autopsy report.

It goes on and on really. It's hard to know if there are (or are not) any missing victims, because I don't think that angle has even really been explored all that much.

-------------------
  • Sorry for being off for so long - moving lol. I was able to get the background on the hotel manager from a good friend that does some amazing "background" checks. I consulted with him while I was doing some of my research. Once I get a little more organized here in the new place, I have some more interesting things to discuss. But for now let me touch on a few things that I have been reading in the thread. First, there is not a doubt in my mind that Elisa was murdered, but I am not quite sure that is who we are talking about. I have some interesting things that support this being more of a cover up to prevent an international mossing persons case. Next I believe the victim that was found is either, a, the one of the first of a serial or b a crime of passion/ heat of the moment type deal. If the former is true, she was an accident and the subsequent victims wouldn't have been so high profile.
    There are a lot of "if" s in this case. The important thing to remember is that we honestly can make a difference. Just out of curiousity, I looked into it. If we could put together a compelling enough argument, the state would step in and reexamine the case at the request of concerned citizens. So us spitballing ideas may one day make a difference for this girl. So everything is helpful.
    Sorry for being off for so long - moving lol. I was able to get the background on the hotel manager from a good friend that does some amazing "background" checks. I consulted with him while I was doing some of my research. Once I get a little more organized here in the new place, I have some more interesting things to discuss. But for now let me touch on a few things that I have been reading in the thread. First, there is not a doubt in my mind that Elisa was murdered, but I am not quite sure that is who we are talking about. I have some interesting things that support this being more of a cover up to prevent an international mossing persons case. Next I believe the victim that was found is either, a, the one of the first of a serial or b a crime of passion/ heat of the moment type deal. If the former is true, she was an accident and the subsequent victims wouldn't have been so high profile.
    There are a lot of "if" s in this case. The important thing to remember is that we honestly can make a difference. Just out of curiousity, I looked into it. If we could put together a compelling enough argument, the state would step in and reexamine the case at the request of concerned citizens. So us spitballing ideas may one day make a difference for this girl. So everything is helpful.
    I agree, everything is indeed helpful. Perhaps one day it could evolve into a "citizens report" accompanied by a petition to reopen the case. 

I look forward to your new discoveries. Your thoughts and contributions so far have been very intriguing and thought-provoking. It would amazing if a group of concerned people could help Elisa achieve justice. 
    -------------------
  • I'm also looking forward to what you found out superjess!

Hopefully we can make a difference in this tragedy.
  • RE: the graffiti, 

there is white graffiti on the metal box beneath the tanks, it looks like a crude drawing,
    It might be my imagining things but when I traced the drawing it looked like a murder scene or murder of a woman with what could be the word "PiG" written on it.

here's a video I made showing it.
    (maybe i'm seeing things that aren't there?)

note: watch in full screen and in HD.

The black Graffiti above the box (on the tank) just seems to spell out "Booger" and beside it is what looks like four characters/symbols ¥8☮E (or at least the last character looks like a capitalized "e" from what I can tell)
    or maybe its not an "e" and is a    §    symbol instead?

link to original pic:

Interesting analysis, thanks for sharing that. Probably the closest look at the graffiti I've had so far.
    -------------------
  • ArcherArcher Member
    edited May 2015

Hi all!

Hope you don’t mind if I contribute a bit to this conversation.

I actually remember when this case was on the news, I thought it was bizarre but didn’t think much of it. That is, until 2 days ago when I stumbled upon another article about the strange inconsistencies with the case. From then on I was hooked, pouring through pages of threads, Elisa’s blogs, the autopsy report etc.
    I’ve tried to synthesize as much information as I can, and I have come out with a few thoughts and questions I thought I would pose for sake of discussion. There is something about this case that calls out to me, its terribly sad and extremely strange. So I have to keep digging until I can at least help shed more light on things.

So:

1. In my opinion, the police work is shoddy at best. I have some background in criminology and used to date a Private Investigator; her an I used to speak at length about procedure and corruption within police forces (of which she was an insider). What puzzles me is as follows: Why was there no crime scene established? At most it appears as though they completed the Preliminary Investigation, but why wasn’t it further expanded? The absence of a crime scene firmly implies that  there was no crime. So it would seem that upon arrival and early investigation, police were able to determine without  reasonable doubt that this death was either suicide or death by misadventure. What evidence are we missing? What made them so sure that the dead, naked, 21 year old Canadian woman,  who’s clothes were at the bottom of the water tank, was a simple suicide or accident?  I don’t buy what they are selling one bit.

It’s a pretty well known ‘fact’ that the LAPD is fairly corrupt, and has been corrupt for many years. Aside from the bright young rookies who want to clean up the streets and some of the more stalwart veterans, any job can end up as just that; a job. We’ve all experienced disinterest in our jobs, and I can only assume many, like myself stop giving a f*** at some point. Just because the police are an authority, doesn’t make them immune from cutting corners. So, say, for illustrations sake, lets picture we are a couple of Cops or Detectives. We just found Elisa, there is little to no evidence, no suspects, nothing to go on. On top of that, maybe there were some budget cuts, the force is getting less money, therefore there is less funding to stick into a costly investigation.  There are no signs of a struggle on the body. Maybe its just easier to  tie it up as a suicide or death by misadventure and move on to the next.  Case closed.  No ongoing investigation, no cold case.

Lets not forget, Elisa was both a foreigner and a minority. Ultimately, she was a nobody, just like you or I. Hardly high profile. As cynical as that sounds, sometimes we have to ask the tough questions: What’s in it for the LAPD? Is it beneficial for them to stick funding and man hours into? Especially give the constant crime issues that city has? Whether it was the decision of the Officers or the Bureaucracy,  in my opinion, its fairly clear why a full sweep of the building wasn’t performed, fingerprints analyzed (although I understand the lack of viable prints 10 days after the event), DNA tests performed, interviews with  hotel occupants or family and friends. Although strange, it likely wasn’t worth the coin.

(Side note: Do the police have evidence they are withholding? I wouldn’t put it past them, they obviously withheld footage from the CCTV elevator video. Maybe the reason we are all in the dark, is because they want us to be?)

2. I am not convinced that Elisa’s erratic behavior in the elevator or her subsequent death is, at all, related to her diagnosis of “Bipolar”. I’ve read pretty much every theory people have regarding this, chalking it up to a bipolar psychosis, a manic schizophrenic state, a side effect from the cocktail of the prescriptions she was taking….or the withdrawal from lack there of . I understand that there are many stages and types of bipolar disorder, but we are treating the whole bipolar diagnosis as a catch all for strange behavior (well, besides drugs, but more on that later). Let us not forget the saying “Correlation does not imply causation” because if we follow ’bipolar’ road too closely, we may find ourselves in the territory of the cum hoc ergo propter hoc.

I also had a few thoughts on this matter. Psychological conditions are hard to diagnose, moreover, misdiagnoses happen more often than you would think. Now this is anecdotal, but I know plenty of people who fall in this misdiagnosis category. Many times, in my personal experience as one who suffers from anxiety and depression, when they test you for a certain disorder, its usually done via interview and an inventory of symptoms. You rarely see any high level blood testing to check for imbalances in the brain. Therefore, isn’t it even the least bit possible that Elisa didn’t have Bipolar disorder, maybe she just had severe depression? Maybe it was misdiagnosed? (if we could only access her medical history!) Ive read over many of her tumblr and blog posts and honestly, the spoke to me (I could relate) being somebody who has fought depression for years. But that’s my two cents, take it or leave it.

Moreover, there is the question about why Elisa’s parents deny her psychological disorder. Now, if my training in sociology serves me, I can say that since her parents hail from China, there are some going to be some cultural divides with how families deal with mental illness…..however it also must be said that values and virtues run the gamut in China as much as they do here. My theory is that they had no idea Elisa had sought out help. Think of it this way, a depressed 21 year old girl, detached (perhaps) from her family. She is gaining more western values and independence, does she want her parents to know that she isn’t strong and successful in the western world? I would think not. It would be easier for her to seek professional help and keep it under wraps. She likely wouldn’t want them to find out.

I once dated a Chinese woman for some time. She was originally from  a small village/town (her family were rural farmer types) and told me that once she left for the West, she wouldn’t be welcomed back home. Why? Because she wasn’t married and didn’t have a prestigious job. She could come visit, but could not move back home to China. The reason for this is because “face” is very important in China. Doing anything to cause the family to lose “face” is consider very shameful. So the last thing a 21 year old who left for the west would what to do, is to cause her family to loose face back home by making it know that she has psychological issues.  The loss of face can turn into an terrible chain reaction (I.e. people refusing to buy good from her family, violence, etc)

I’d be more likely to cast my lot in with those who feel she was on drugs or she had no idea she was on camera and was just being her own idiosyncratic self (although the drug theory is rather thin, considering the toxicology repor). I have been know to do weird things, such as play acting or moving about emulating things or acting out memories (when by myself)…….I would say that most people, when entering a “liminal zone” (such as being alone with no one watching) partake in behaviors that may be viewed as strange in public.

3. The sand like particulate matter found on her clothing has been something that has bothered me since I first read through the autopsy report. I really think this is something we should consider a lot more closely. The theory I have as to the particulate is that it could either be a.) Her clothes may have sunk to the bottom off the tank, which very well could have had silt resting on the bottom or some sort of mineral scale, the clothes may have collected some of these particulates b.) It was reported that to get the body out they had to cut a hole in the side/bottom of the tank, so its feasible to think that cutting into the tank would create some sort of slag or debris c.) If she did indeed find herself climbing up the fire escape maybe she brushed up against the brick exterior or tripped and picked up some brick dust along the way?

Other than that, it’s a mystery. Maybe at some point she was dragged?

4. There has been talk about the scar or cut that was noted by the coroner on her knee. If it was new, it would have been noted as a laceration and would have likely been noted as discolored. It’s my assumption that it is a past scar from a previous unrelated incident.

5. I’m also not completely convinced that woman in the elevator IS Elisa Lam. Although she would fit the bill. Something about the shape of the face seems off to me. If only someone had access to facial recognition software…..

I’m pretty torn between whether or not Elisa was real or a constructed identity. Fact of the matter is, she has a very small digital footprint, she posted on social media sites after she was presumed deceased, her sister seems a bit strange and what I feel is most important: there are no ‘on the record’ statements from any of Elisa’s friends or acquaintances in college or other wise. Its bizarre that as much media coverage this received, no one was available for interview.

6. Perhaps the most puzzling piece of this mystery, and maybe the piece that should be scary, is the Tuberculosis report with LAM ELISA as the name. I personally don’t believe in coincidences,  moreover even this was just pure luck, the odds would be astronomical. Does anyone have any incite into this?

I mean, the implications with this are spooky. I don’t want to jump completely down the rabbit hole. But consider if she was an experiment, whether willing or unwilling. It would explain why she detoured to L.A.  Perhaps she was experimented on as living disbursement method of a new strain of TB, perhaps its intended to be weaponized at some point? If you think government are above human experimentation, I have plenty of evidence to prove otherwise. But that’s neither here nor there.

Well that’s all I’ve got as far as analysis and color commentary goes. Some of these are indeed my personal opinions, and I reserve the right to change my mind at any time. But this is what I feel to be most logical or noteworthy at this moment in time.

Thanks for all the good work and thinking so far everyone, Im glad I can finally be a part of it!
    @Archer

Welcome to the forum, and for the excellent commentary - I agree with pretty much all of it. I think your theories regarding the LAPD are probably the best I've heard so far, and could really explain a lot. 

I was really intrigued by the family and friends essentially being non-existent for all this. Like you said, no interviews, no comments, nothing at all really. Apparently the funeral in Burnaby was well-attended, but there wasn't a single photo, a single comment or story with details about it anywhere. Is she actually buried there? One wonders, or at least hopes so, considering how she's been treated elsewhere.

If you haven't already, be sure to bookmark this thread by clicking on the little star at the top right. You'll receive a notification each time someone adds something new here.

-------------------
  • CaresCares Member
    Hello. I'm new to the forum but not this case. I have read with great interest (& appreciation) all of the theories, hypothesis, fact finding and re viewed the videos of those I've seen on YouTube. I just finished watching one by BrainScratch "Elisa Lam-Pt 2 Autopsy Report". Something that hasn't been mentioned here in the forum is the fact that it appeared that she had had anal intercourse/penetration as the coroner found blood in that area. I apologise for the detail and no disrespect intended ... I mention it because it does at least prove there was another person at some juncture just prior to her disappearance, with her.
    As to her being able to get the lid off the tank, I doubt she was capable given both her petite frame and the her self stated fragility.
    It is questionable as to why none of her phone records were not found and if they were, why were they not spoken of? Add no tracking etc
    I think it is Elisa ... in earlier photos ... the mouth/teeth are very similar.
    As to the TB outbreak ... I agree. The outbreak was intentional. For what purpose who knows? Seems a tad extreme to kill a young Canadian woman to distract ... or did she accidentally find out what was going on and they got rid of her?
    This was no accident nor a suicide. It is a murder.
    As to the graffiti ... very odd ... and certainly telling that it's not marked by the police. When they first went up there to look ... who missed the ball on seeing it?
    Thanks for listening/reading.
    Hello. I'm new to the forum but not this case. I have read with great interest (& appreciation) all of the theories, hypothesis, fact finding and re viewed the videos of those I've seen on YouTube. I just finished watching one by BrainScratch "Elisa Lam-Pt 2 Autopsy Report". Something that hasn't been mentioned here in the forum is the fact that it appeared that she had had anal intercourse/penetration as the coroner found blood in that area. I apologise for the detail and no disrespect intended ... I mention it because it does at least prove there was another person at some juncture just prior to her disappearance, with her.
    As to her being able to get the lid off the tank, I doubt she was capable given both her petite frame and the her self stated fragility.
    It is questionable as to why none of her phone records were not found and if they were, why were they not spoken of? Add no tracking etc
    I think it is Elisa ... in earlier photos ... the mouth/teeth are very similar.
    As to the TB outbreak ... I agree. The outbreak was intentional. For what purpose who knows? Seems a tad extreme to kill a young Canadian woman to distract ... or did she accidentally find out what was going on and they got rid of her?
    This was no accident nor a suicide. It is a murder.
    As to the graffiti ... very odd ... and certainly telling that it's not marked by the police. When they first went up there to look ... who missed the ball on seeing it?
    Thanks for listening/reading.
    Welcome to the website, Cares.

I think that area of the body, being soft tissue, is susceptible to giving way, and perhaps even more so for someone who has spent a month or more dissolving in a water tank. At least, that's what the autopsy report suggested. There were no signs of violence anywhere on her body, so it would be strange that such an act would happen to her, one capable of drumming up that sort of violence and destruction, without anyone having to hold her down, etc. At least, that's my humble opinion. Who really knows if the autopsy report is even authentic. 
    -------------------
  • cmleungcmleung Member

I just found out about this case a few days ago, and this haunted me my background very similar to this young lady except a bit older.  It is horrifying, the most horrific thing is that, after researching a bit, the hotel (now called Stay on Main) is still doing business and prompting to travellers not as a 'hostel' in a seedy area but market as a decent hotel, and the case is 'deemed' closed! 

Matt mentioned about  why no friends nor family members are vocal about all of these and that Chinese culture see 'losing face' as very important.  I can totally understand.  Any mental illness are deny in Chinese family, period, plain and simple.  I have been diagnosed to with bipolar after a few major depression episodes and suicidal schemes planning, and total financial ruined, that landed me in the hospital.  Even to these days still I am careful not to disclose my illness to any of my side of the family members, and secretly seeking help.  My husband who is a Causation Canadian knows about it, and I don't mind if the in-laws knows about it neither.  But never my own family and their friends and community, never on any social media or any chances of them knowing, including warning my family doctor not to mention.

I can only think of what happened if I was her age with the type of technology we have today.  Without the social media and the age of BBS and infancy of internet, I was a young naïve girl who still managed to meet up strangers in strange places.  I can only imagine how easy cyber predators lure victims in.  My suspicion is that she choose to make her trip there to see someone she already know (so she thought she knew).  and therefore stayed in such an unsafe neighbourhood.  Maybe she went there for a lover or a cyber friend she trusted.  When a young naïve woman who felt their family don't understand and approved of her, loved her, and not happy with her self-image, insist on a trip to visit someone whom she thinks will make her feel better is just normal behaviour. 

I also travel alone, although most are for work, there are these two particular trips I made was when I was trying to run away from reality, and wasn't in my most stable emotional state so to speak.  I don't believe a bit that she didn't do her research on her trips planning and where to stay.  Maybe I am paranoid.  As a woman I always try to find places where I feel safe at night just to make sure I won't get rape and kill.  I did plan one of the trip researching hostels and shared rooms, cost is a major factor, but the possibility of meeting like-minded travelers to hang with when you are around the area, not only make it enjoyable, but safer since more people around you is make me feel safer than alone (or maybe not now think about it!).   And of course,  one of my trip was in fact to see someone, and I did purposely choose a place to stay closed.  

My theory is that, she ended up in Cecil Hotel because she knew someone who either work there or live there through the internet, and wants to meet up.  She is into fashions and media, so LA is the place she wants to explore anyway.  All the events that led up to the death (murder, yes I am bias and strongly believe it was a murder) is unfortunate.  This person(s) who lured her there may or may not be the murderer, but he has to be somehow related.

I just hope that Elisa's family members would be a lot of vocal, not feeling ashamed of it all and insist the LAPD and the US government to reopen the investigation. 

Another thing odd other than all the holes presented in this case, is that I found little to no information about the hotel owners.

I just found out about this case a few days ago, and this haunted me my background very similar to this young lady except a bit older.  It is horrifying, the most horrific thing is that, after researching a bit, the hotel (now called Stay on Main) is still doing business and prompting to travellers not as a 'hostel' in a seedy area but market as a decent hotel, and the case is 'deemed' closed! 

Matt mentioned about  why no friends nor family members are vocal about all of these and that Chinese culture see 'losing face' as very important.  I can totally understand.  Any mental illness are deny in Chinese family, period, plain and simple.  I have been diagnosed to with bipolar after a few major depression episodes and suicidal schemes planning, and total financial ruined, that landed me in the hospital.  Even to these days still I am careful not to disclose my illness to any of my side of the family members, and secretly seeking help.  My husband who is a Causation Canadian knows about it, and I don't mind if the in-laws knows about it neither.  But never my own family and their friends and community, never on any social media or any chances of them knowing, including warning my family doctor not to mention.

I can only think of what happened if I was her age with the type of technology we have today.  Without the social media and the age of BBS and infancy of internet, I was a young naïve girl who still managed to meet up strangers in strange places.  I can only imagine how easy cyber predators lure victims in.  My suspicion is that she choose to make her trip there to see someone she already know (so she thought she knew).  and therefore stayed in such an unsafe neighbourhood.  Maybe she went there for a lover or a cyber friend she trusted.  When a young naïve woman who felt their family don't understand and approved of her, loved her, and not happy with her self-image, insist on a trip to visit someone whom she thinks will make her feel better is just normal behaviour. 

I also travel alone, although most are for work, there are these two particular trips I made was when I was trying to run away from reality, and wasn't in my most stable emotional state so to speak.  I don't believe a bit that she didn't do her research on her trips planning and where to stay.  Maybe I am paranoid.  As a woman I always try to find places where I feel safe at night just to make sure I won't get rape and kill.  I did plan one of the trip researching hostels and shared rooms, cost is a major factor, but the possibility of meeting like-minded travelers to hang with when you are around the area, not only make it enjoyable, but safer since more people around you is make me feel safer than alone (or maybe not now think about it!).   And of course,  one of my trip was in fact to see someone, and I did purposely choose a place to stay closed.  

My theory is that, she ended up in Cecil Hotel because she knew someone who either work there or live there through the internet, and wants to meet up.  She is into fashions and media, so LA is the place she wants to explore anyway.  All the events that led up to the death (murder, yes I am bias and strongly believe it was a murder) is unfortunate.  This person(s) who lured her there may or may not be the murderer, but he has to be somehow related.

I just hope that Elisa's family members would be a lot of vocal, not feeling ashamed of it all and insist the LAPD and the US government to reopen the investigation. 

Another thing odd other than all the holes presented in this case, is that I found little to no information about the hotel owners.

Welcome to the website, and thanks for sharing those interesting thoughts and personal experiences. It definitely brings the whole situation closer.

I wonder, however, where all her friends were in all this. None of them came forward, did interviews, or spoke in any great detail during all of this. In fact, I don't think I saw a single one come forward on the news, which is very strange, considering that her burial in Burnaby apparently had a "large crowd" attend. If she had no friends to travel with, and no one to speak up for her, where did all those people come from and for what reason? Everyone, including the LAPD, just seems so eerily quite about this.
    -------------------
  • yup!, and when I saw this I really felt nausea, the picture found in her camera was actually not very new, and her quote of the pic (circa december 2012 -tumblr) .. But I think the entries are most "disturbing", for example, the so called pic, was on other "hostal" where she knew many people. Also, as the timeline has couts on the video, the facial structure is kindof different from Elisa "real face" . Many things to think about indeed
    She double jointed in the right hand, I can tell by her pic. Her thumb is double jointed. In the lift her thumb was locked

• > Rosie_MOD_
    > If there was no water in her lungs then how could she be drowned in the tank?

When a person is still alive and is on drowning risk, theres a larynx behaviour which consist in close vocal cords and glottis to prevent water reach the lungs, but at the same time, air cant pass through. So the results are basically death by drowning. This "dry asphyxia" is associated to an increased adrenaline, ephynephrine, considerable amounts of anxiety or pain, even when its just 30% of all drawning cases.

It is her in the elevator. Her thumb is double jointed. In the video her thumb is locked.

Do you guys know who Aleister Crowly is? Ok this will trip you out. In 1889 from a hotel Cecil in London Aleister wrote this poem. The name of the poem is from a judge that was from Israel that is well known for sacrificing his own daughter. (SEILA) anagram ELISA. The poem is the exact scenario of Elisa's death. This is not a coincidence. There was black magic involved in this case. Elisa didn't believe in God Jesus. That hotel was full of evil. She was susceptible to being possessed. Those that are ill and weak and non believers become victim. This may have been planned for many years. She wasn't supposed to be there in LA. It wasn't on her itinerary. Read the poem the other is proof of the poem and his daughter. Beware where you go with this. Don't go in the hole without protection.
    image.jpg 131.4K
    image.jpg 256K
  • She was in the tank by midnite. As the time stamp states it 2355... Plus/minus a minute that was manipulated. As the poem states.
  • Are you convinced? There are no such things as coincidence. Something is wrong with case. It runs deep into dead ends. I know about her phone as well.
  • mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Are you convinced? There are no such things as coincidence. Something is wrong with case. It runs deep into dead ends. I know about her phone as well.
    wait....is the poem that picture you posted? PS welcome to the forum. I am a Christian and I certainly believe that magic is real....and the occult has power...The Bible is VERY clear that followers of Christ MUST NOT partake in magic or the like 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • Oh and if you don't believe in the occult , I feel bad for you. Maybe you research "CERN" because even scientist believe now. #Godsnotdead what about Aleister Crowly? Come on people wake up. Even if was murder. There was black magic involved. There is a lot of evil there at Cecil Hotel.
    Oh and if you don't believe in the occult , I feel bad for you. Maybe you research "CERN" because even scientist believe now. #Godsnotdead what about Aleister Crowly? Come on people wake up. Even if was murder. There was black magic involved. There is a lot of evil there at Cecil Hotel.
    Speaking about CERN, I have a video you would REALLY LIKE! I will send it to you as a Personal message....it was posted on this site a few weeks ago 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • Yes that's the poem...and the other document is proof of the father and his daughters existence. She was a human sacrifice. I don't want to say this but I believe L.L fell victim to human sacrifice. That's why she was naked.
  • Are you convinced? There are no such things as coincidence. Something is wrong with case. It runs deep into dead ends. I know about her phone as well.

wait....is the poem that picture you posted? PS welcome to the forum. I am a Christian and I certainly believe that magic is real....and the occult has power...The Bible is VERY clear that followers of Christ MUST NOT partake in magic or the like 
    Yes that's the poem. Has her name in it. The "LAMp". It's wicked.
  • Im totally creeped out.
    Im totally creeped out.
    lol well, this case is so bizarre that I wouldn't be surprised if she was sacrificed 
  • Human sacrifices are not uncommon. Especial in the world we live in today.
    Human sacrifices are not uncommon. Especial in the world we live in today.
    You mentioned you knew about her phone as well - what were you able to find regarding that? 
    -------------------
  • image I found this ... It says -#caliblah. ( meaning she was in Cali when she lost it )
    image.jpg 82.8K
  • Human sacrifices are not uncommon. Especial in the world we live in today.

You mentioned you knew about her phone as well - what were you able to find regarding that? 
    Sorry man it's real light print. But you can read I it all. Just look close. It double posted and I can't delete the other double.
  • As you see. She borrowed a used blackberry from a friend and lost it. It was a guy she got it from.
    Hmm, interesting.
    -------------------
  • Hmm, interesting.

I haven't quite come to grips with a solid , "I think this happened"... I've been at this for week straight solid. Day and night... I almost, ALMOST; want to say she got possessed.

Heat me out. I found a blog of hers where she calls Jesus a "quasi-celebrity". Referencing a Cross one of her favorite designers regularly uses. So for one, in a place like the Cecil, your not protected. If there was "fact", there'd be fact that ppl can be possessed in a weak state of mind ( depression and mind altering meds ) and not believing in Jesus kind of fact .. It happens. That place has to have powerful demons in it. It's obvious by its past and present. It's not always just drugs that influence ppl to do bad things. For example the psychic that visited the hotel when L.L was in the tank stated, " I walked up to the window and I could jump out the window and kill myself if I wanted to"... Then thought , what the hell am I thinking ? She was being influenced. That place has powerful demons in it. I would like to say L.L. ( as she likes to properly abbreviate her name) got taken over in that elevator. Or before and was fighting. She could not have known how to get where she ended up. She was unharmed. There's no evidence that we no of for foul play. She was not bruised beaten or battered. I believe she got in the tank by possession and snapped out of it. The demon left her body. To watch her die. She was naked because in most severe cases of hypothermia ppl get naked. Their brains tell them that they are hot in an attempt to save its outer limbs and core. They get naked and find a place to die. Let's just say I have a police background ok. That's as much as I will say. Altering my lingo and language will do for now. I am Christian. This is what I believe has happened with what little I am limited to without flagging myself. I gotta say I will be happy if this is the case though I am truly sad for her. I am glad that her body was intact. Wrong place at the wrong time. Should she had been stronger mentally and healed some. She may not have been overtaken. The demons now that hotel in and out. Other than that, a human sacrifice. And you know why. I have seen these posts and read them all. So you know. It does exist. If we train for the scenarios in progress. Believe me they exist.
  • Have you heard about the invisible cloak theory...?
    Have you heard about the invisible cloak theory...?
    I don't believe I have. What is it?
    -------------------
  • Have you heard about the invisible cloak theory...?

I don't believe I have. What is it?
    In your inbox

HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS..? Can anyone translate it?

I gather it translates into "perfect obedient cunt"....
    image.jpg 107.4K
    If I'm not mistaken, there are a few comments in this thread discussing that particular graffiti, but I can't quite recall what everyone concluded, or if there was even a conclusion. I seem to remember that there was a bit of a Latin touch to it. Maybe someone could refresh us? 
    -------------------
  • Randomguy2121Randomguy2121 Member
    edited June 2015
    I made a account just to make this post look at the reply to Jeff's comment wtf I'm so scaredhttp://etherfields.blogspot.com/2012/04/worries-of-twenty-something.html?showComment=1433450868577&m=1#c6615374821877432099
    Welcome, Randomguy - thanks for sharing this. Do you feel it was indeed from Elisa, or just by someone pretending to be her in order to console everyone?
    -------------------
  • I don't know why anyone would just up and do that it does sort of look like her writing but wouldn't she just comment as the admin of the blog? To me this is as mysterious as her haunting death. Let me know what you all think
    I don't know why anyone would just up and do that it does sort of look like her writing but wouldn't she just comment as the admin of the blog? To me this is as mysterious as her haunting death. Let me know what you all think
    Whomever wrote it, it's an excellent find - thanks for sharing it with us. Definitely curious. 
    -------------------