Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

Remember Elisa Lam? Well, she's still posting...

Comments

• Hey everyone,

I recently starting following this blog about a week ago, and I've read through all the comments (7 and a half hours in one day) and I think all the speculations are very interesting.

The other day when looking up Elisa Lam on google, I came across this image. (WARNING) 

Do you think this has anything to do with her body? When I opened the page it didn't say anything about the picture, and just presented a web page with the comparison video on youtube to her death and black water, not even showing the image at all... (http://acapulcotouristicparadise.com/videopage/on/JJMvH8YJwYI.html)

Any ideas if this was somehow related to her death but removed, or if not what the official image is actually related to.

Thanks for the awesome posts everyone!.

• mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    Hey everyone,

I recently starting following this blog about a week ago, and I've read through all the comments (7 and a half hours in one day) and I think all the speculations are very interesting.

The other day when looking up Elisa Lam on google, I came across this image. (WARNING) 

Do you think this has anything to do with her body? When I opened the page it didn't say anything about the picture, and just presented a web page with the comparison video on youtube to her death and black water, not even showing the image at all... (http://acapulcotouristicparadise.com/videopage/on/JJMvH8YJwYI.html)

Any ideas if this was somehow related to her death but removed, or if not what the official image is actually related to.

Welcome to the party BloodyMarii....If you have any questions on how to work anything here, feel free to send me a message. You can do so by clicking on my name > Message. 

That pic fits your name lol..... 

I would be surprised if it was legitamently her 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    Hey everyone,

Welcome to the website, and congratulations on making it through this entire thread. It's become quite huge and fascinating. 

There's no real way for me, personally, to know if that image is real or not, because there doesn't seem to be any official autopsy photography with which to compare it. I imagine, however, that had this actually happened, she wouldn't look all that different to that considering her circumstances.
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    edited June 2015
    QuoteOptionsLoverofPoeLoverofPoe Member9:44PM 99.114.80.53

I have read all of the post and they are all good observations... here is kinda my theory.... I went through and read all of her entries on her  tumblr account...really if you go way way back..it gives so much info on her.  It helps you to get into her head a bit.  The LA situation was not planned..something happened to her travel plans and she was stuck in LA..so I am guessing maybe this is the reason for her booking at the Cicil Hotel.. (last minute thing)...she stated she was not happy this happened.  I found all this info a long time ago and if anyone needs...I can try to find it again if you would like me to.  She did suffer from depression, but who doesn't now days, right.  I know that she was really into online games...she played a lot of  assassin's creed...and she was really into Korean Games etc. so I really started thinking about all of the facts and here is (a theory) She was at the hotel and she couldnt sleep (would explain why she was wearing no bra..most women do not wear a bra to bed) and the baggy shirt etc. ....and I think she was bored and decided to play the KOREAN GAME...https://theghostinmymachine.wordpress.com/2014/06/25/the-most-dangerous-games-elevator-to-another-world/ there is the link to check it out...if you read how the game is played...it would totally make since her actions...her peeking out the elevator...etc. and hitting all the different buttons... and the roof top, well she had a love for going on the roof tops and taking pictures...she had many on her page..She may have been bored and went to check out the view...the water tank...that has me puzzled..unless it was a curiousity thing...I have done things that were not very smart cause I was curious..but thank god I was always able to walk away from them.  In the assassin's creed video game I read there is a mission that you have to escape from this hotel through the water tank system.  Who knows, maybe the lid was already opened...maybe she was leaning over to look in and lost her balance and the lid shut on her and she fell in and was not able to get back out.  I am just stretching..these are only ideas of mine ....anyone notice the writing on the water tank? It was in Latin meaning, in fact, she was a cunt....strange...and why she would be naked...? I dont understand that one either...another theory I had was maybe she was on (bathsalts) it was really big at the time she died...it was easy to get (she had a conv. store right by the hotel) she could of bought it at...at the time it was said it was safe to take and many intelligent students were taking it because it helped them concentrate they would say.  Some of the side effects are halliusinations (would explain the elevator situation) and you get very hot from the inside out...would make since why she would go to the roof...to cool off..and would explain her taking off her cloths (like the man in flordia that was naked and eating that man) and if she was hot what better way to cool off than a big tank of water...not in her right mind it may have sounded like a good idea. Durning the time of her death that drug was huge..and it was huge in that are..we all know hotel cecil was right next to skid row and drugs are easy to come by there (when your are young you never stop to think that this drug may kill me etc, you just want the experience of it)  ...........heres the thing I dont understand...why hasent any of her friends came forward..even though she did not have many she said...she had a few....why do they not say anything...why do we hear nothing from the family? I use to work at hotels for over 8 years and here is something strange...the housekeeping cleans the room every day unless it has a do not disturb sign...but working at the front desk...you would have a check out date...if you dont hear from the guest then you have the housekeeping or security go in and do a check and see if their stuff is still there...(they would know she was missing etc) even if it was a pay by the night hotel...she would have to come to the front desk and pay for the next night and when she did not...they would lock her key or go to her room to make her leave.  ...so that is odd.... and I agree why was her cell phone not found...and why was there no plane ticket evidence...and the lack of pictures, i THINK that may have been just that she did not like taking pics of herself.  She did not think she was that pretty... and she liked to live in a (different/dream world so to speak) so she took many things off the internet and placed them together ...making her life seem more impressive than she felt it was.  Why were there no other guest who complained about the water..?  Why did they say she drowned when there was no water found in her lungs..?  from the autopsy report...and the normal weight of a human lung is any where from 500 to 600....and the autopsy report says hers were much less than that.. (if she drowned wouldnt the water of made her lungs weigh more?) but I do think she was real...just dont know why they would spend so much time making up this person and all the police/er/firefighters etc come out to the roof...(helicopters) news crews..etc. and then drill a opening in a water tank etc. for someone who was just made up.... seems silly to me.  My head is spinning with so much information....but what does everyone think>>>???  I would like to find the autopsy photos, plane tickets or list of names from the plane.....I wish someone who lived in Canada would go talk to the mom and dad at their resturant..and what about the pics of her with that guy...and the other with a group of people...cant anyone one of them reach out to us...?     (If it was bathsalts..maybe the family was embarresed and didnt want her to be known for that)  and BTW...sorry I am a horrible speller and when I get thinking my fingers just type fast too.....

...it is totally possible for her to climb up and get in the water tank herself..There is a video out there that was shot after her death and they were seeing just how easy it was to access the roof...the man walked right out the door (it was unlocked and no alarms) and got on the roof and if you notice there is a building right beside the water tank...he opened that door which was not locked either was was able to get on top of that little building and from there you can see it would be super easy to jump down on top of the water tank...............and why cant someone reach out to a psychic..I totally believe in... like chip coffey..? 

here is a link to bath salts..side effects

.narconon.org/drug-abuse/effects-of-bath-salts.html

and here is her page...its //nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/archive

***merged comments****
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    @LoverofPoe

I would definitely like to hear more about her errant LA trip. Share everything you know on this, because this has been one part of the situation that has mystified many of us here. How did she end up there? What were her thoughts about going to LA and booking at the Cecil hotel?
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • sure matt...let me see if I can find the info again (i found it a long time ago) 

• LoverofPoeLoverofPoe Member
    edited June 2015

I got lost in the airport and missed my connecting flight

UGHH. Sleepover at the airport again.

Oh well. It could be worse.

United Airlines provides blankets

I have wifi

and I can pretend I’m Tom Hanks in the Terminal (not at all similar but SURELY if a fictional character in a movie can live in an airport than so can I)

://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/41265561547/i-got-lost-in-the-airport-and-missed-my-connecting

• THIS IS one of her blogs...so there ya go..we have UNITED AIRLINES...
  • here is another ...this explains her not having a cell phone 

• The Speakeasy WAS AWESOME

except I lost a cellphone

SIGH

• //www.examiner.com/article/elisa-lam-update-body-found-tank-decomposed-for-as-long-as-19-days

this is interesting .....it explains she was on her way to santa cruz...
  • On Saturday, Jan. 26, 2013, Elisa Lam had checked into the Cecil Hotel, a 600-room hotel that charges $65 a night. According to a police report from Elisa Lam’s hometown of Vancouver in British Columbia, Elisa was staying at the hotel on her way to Santa Cruz, about 350 miles north of Los Angeles.

On Thursday, Jan. 31, 2013, Elisa Lam’s daily calls home to her parents stopped and her parents and sister flew to Los Angeles in search for her.

Between Jan. 31, 2013, to Feb. 19, 2013, there was no sign of Elisa Lam who was a student at the University of British Columbia. Police searched the hotel, including the roof, but neither police officers nor a police search dog found any clues in regard to the missing girl.

It appears that Jan. 31, 2013, is the key date to when Elisa Lam was last seen by workers at the Cecil Hotel.

On Jan. 31, 2013, Elisa Lam was also captured on a security camera inside the hotel elevator.

“She is seen walking into the elevator, pushing the buttons for four floors and then peering out of the opened elevator door as if she is hiding or looking for someone. Clad in a red hoodie, Lam at one point walks out of the elevator before returning to it, pushing the buttons again. She then stands outside the open elevator doorway, motioning with her hands, before apparently walking away.”

Adding to the mystery of Elisa Lam’s unusual behavior in the elevator is the fact that the water tank in which Elisa Lam’s decomposed body was found is about 10 feet tall, 4.5 feet wide and holds at least 1,000 gallons of water pumped up from city pipes. Elisa Lam's body was found at the bottom of the one cistern that was about three-quarters full of water, according to Los Angeles Police Sgt. Rudy Lopez.

Since the water tanks are on a platform at least 10 feet above the surface of the roof, a person would have to go to the top floor of the hotel, take the staircase to get to the roof, pass through the roof’s locked door without setting off the emergency alarm, use a ladder to get up to the 10-foot-high platform on which the water tanks are located, and then again use the ladder to climb up the side of the 10-foot-high water tank.

Because of the unlikely chance that anyone would even go to the top of the roof, there are no security cameras installed.

• ok, I think I may have gotten mixed up....she did plan a trip to LA...I think she was talking about how at the airport she missed her flight...but i will keep looking 

ok, I think I may have gotten mixed up....she did plan a trip to LA...I think she was talking about how at the airport she missed her flight...but i will keep looking 

Thanks for sharing all that - so she lost her cell phone ahead of time then. I suppose that might explain it not being found anywhere at the crime site. Good stuff, definitely interested in hearing more.
    -------------------
  • From all her entries...blogs etc. I have really started to feel horrible for Elisa.....she was a very depressed girl...totally down on herself...and she was alone...so very sad because i suffer from depression too...and i can tell you there are times that you are not thinking correctly...(its almost like you are not aware of what you are doing) because if you told me later i did something in one of my depressive states I would not be able to tell you why.  At the moment...it does not matter...and you are not thinking clear.  I wish she would have reached out i think she could have really found someone who could have helped her. 

From all her entries...blogs etc. I have really started to feel horrible for Elisa.....she was a very depressed girl...totally down on herself...and she was alone...so very sad because i suffer from depression too...and i can tell you there are times that you are not thinking correctly...(its almost like you are not aware of what you are doing) because if you told me later i did something in one of my depressive states I would not be able to tell you why.  At the moment...it does not matter...and you are not thinking clear.  I wish she would have reached out i think she could have really found someone who could have helped her. 

I can certainly appreciate that, 100%.

Do you have any thoughts on why the police seemed to have lost interest in solving the case, or at least pursuing it further than they did? It seems they were awfully quick to say "suicide" and shut the case. 
    -------------------
  • But it's nearly impossible for toxicology testing to keep pace with new formulations of synthetic drugs.

"There are many of these synthetic drugs that we currently don't have the methodology to test on, and that is not the fault of the toxicology lab. The challenge today for the toxicology lab is to stay on top of these new chemicals and develop methodologies for them but it's very difficult and very expensive." Goldberger said. "There is no one test or combination of tests that can detect every possible substance out there."    www.cbsnews.com   So...if it was bathsalts...it would not have shown up in the toxicology report...plus she had very little blood to go by because her body was already starting the decomposing process

• Who’s using bath salts? A review of calls to 2 poison control centers involving 236 patients over a 7-month period ending in February 2011 suggests that users of cathinones are primarily male (78%) and young (modal age 26).7 Many users of cathinones do not regularly use other drugs recreationally, and they believe the open sale of these substances implies low risk.7 However, one reported series from a hospital in Michigan indicated that 69% of users presenting to the ED had acknowledged past use of illicit drugs.9Both mephedrone and MDPV are strong inhibitors of dopamine reuptake in areas of the brain regulating reward and motivation.10,11 With prolonged exposure, the resultant stimulant effect of dopamine in reward centers of the brain moves a user from recreational pleasure seeking to addictive use just to maintain normal function.12 This transition occurs in a matter of days or weeks in some individuals, and we have seen multiple readmissions for paranoid psychotic reactions shortly after discharge from hospitalization.

Multiple serious complications of use have been described. The mainstream media have reported bizarre suicides and some homicides.13,14 Our clinic has reported on a unique hallucinatory delirium after use of MDPV, resulting in paranoid delusions and violent behavior in response to vivid hallucinations.15 Other patients suffer prolonged anxiety and panic reactions or depressive symptoms with suicidal ideation.16This form of bath salts causes feelings of euphoria, increases sensory awareness and produces hallucinations.  To the recreational drug user this may sound desirable, but actually the adverse side effects heavily outweigh any reason to use this drug.

Bath salts cause severe agitation, rapid heart rate, high blood pressure and confusion.  These side effects are minor compared to the more dangerous side effects of this drug such as combativeness, violence, suicidal thoughts, severe paranoia and delusions.  Since it causes one to hallucinate, one can lose touch with reality and act in a psychotic fashion like the man in Miami.

Consequently, being under the influence of bath salts makes one dangerous to oneself and others as there has been a steady increase in violent actions by people using this drug.  This makes one a candidate for being involuntarily committed to a psychiatric hospital, or Baker Acted as it is known
    in the state of Florida. 

Imagine taking bath salts with the expectation of a unique “high” only to find yourself strapped to a bed in a psychiatric hospital because you had a psychotic episode.  You can’t just explain it away and leave because the law dictates that you can be held for seventy-two hours for observation.  bath salts also pack a psychoactive punch, meaning they can alter perceptions, emotions, thought processes and behavior......he bodies of bath salts users experience a smorgasbord of stress effects, including rapid heart rate, high blood pressure, chest pains, fever, sweating, nausea, vomiting, nosebleeds, tremors, seizures and muscle agitation. These can lead to muscle damage, kidney failure, heart attack, stroke and death. Meanwhile, their brains board an emotional and perceptual roller coaster of agitation, irritability, dizziness and insomnia, ticking slowly up hills of anxiety and then diving into valleys of depression. Concentration can grow difficult, and thoughts might take a turn toward suicide or extreme paranoia, fueled by delusions and, in some cases, hallucinations -- all of which can culminate in panic attacks, hostility or aggression [sources: CNN;DEA; Fuentes; Haiken; Olives et al.; Volkow].

In other words, bath salts users often get more than they bargained for, which occasionally includes an episode akin to a psychotic break. The more severe effects possibly arise from mixing bath salts with other drugs, or from users overdosing as they try to keep the one- to two-hour high going and avoid the inevitable crash. Even after a bad trip, the drug's addictive pull remains strong, and users frequently require extensive rehabilitation; they might continue to experience cravings or symptoms for months afterward 

• LoverofPoeLoverofPoe Member
    edited June 2015
    Matt....I think there was not enough evidence for the Police to go by, Seems like the public was only given little bits of the information...cause there are parts of the autopsy that we cant see and pictures they have that we cant see...and I am sure the police saw the whole security video from start to end, and there is proof that when she went missing, her sister and parents came to CA to try and find her and there was a news broadcast with police saying they are looking for her and some info on her and her situation..so there was a search going on...they even took a dog up to the roof when they were looking for her and the dogs didnt detect anything, I guess because her body was already molding etc. I am sure ..if there was any foul play or a murderer or something it would have been all over the news...and they would have fell though with it all because it would have settled the public and the familys concerns, so I really dont believe there was another person involved...hotel staff even said all the times they saw her she was alone......but heres the thing...the hotel cecil (which is now the stay on Main) was sued by EL parents and by a few hotel guest that said they were not informed about the water contamination .....
  • cont..... and on her sisters internet pages she even ask for help trying to find her sister ....I think the police didnt continue on with it much because ...for one..it was right next door to skidrow..two, its a known drug and felon area.....three, it was only a hostel, not a five start hotel ....four, it was a run down, poorly ran hotel that is why there are no sec. cameras on roof..the roof door was unlocked...one elevator was working...it really was a piece of crap hotel..

Fair enough, I suppose that's reasonable.

How do you feel about the elevator footage that was edited to cut out certain parts, and then stretched out to hide the fact that it was edited? I believe we have that video here on this thread if I'm not mistaken. Have you seen it? If so, what are your thoughts?
    -------------------
  • i have watched it over and over again...the police said they slowed down the footage for the missing persons ad they put on TV...so you could see a view of her face better....is there really anything deleted..or is it just not there for us to see...??  and remember it was a crapy hotel..so I am sure their cameras are low quality..and prob very old... maybe the fuzz and distortion of the video is because of that...?  Her behavior...I think was brought on by some sort of drugs (like bath salts) ..... why the elevator didnt close (who the heck knows...) I am puzzled on that ... what do you think..?  I feel like I am throwing all this out there and not sure what everyone else thinks about it

i have watched it over and over again...the police said they slowed down the footage for the missing persons ad they put on TV...so you could see a view of her face better....is there really anything deleted..or is it just not there for us to see...??  and remember it was a crapy hotel..so I am sure their cameras are low quality..and prob very old... maybe the fuzz and distortion of the video is because of that...?  Her behavior...I think was brought on by some sort of drugs (like bath salts) ..... why the elevator didnt close (who the heck knows...) I am puzzled on that ... what do you think..?  I feel like I am throwing all this out there and not sure what everyone else thinks about it

I'm personally not entirely convinced she was on drugs, but I could very well be wrong. 

When I looked at the time stamping on the security footage, it really seemed to me like the times were jumping, which would mean that some footage is missing. Whether that footage is missing due to something we aren't supposed to see, or simply because it's useless and irrelevant, I'm not so sure.

What you should do is bookmark this thread (by clicking the little start up at the top to the right of the name of the thread) and you'll get a notification if anyone adds a new comment here. 
    -------------------
  • wisteria1234wisteria1234 Member, Permitted to post new threads
    edited June 2015
    Hi, it's been a while, but I thought I'd post one minor thought here. 
    People say EL was posting links to conspiracy theories on invisible cloaking etc. 
    Although I doubt very much that she "knew too much" about anything, it's very possible that her killer(s) were conspiracy theorists (or people posing as such) and they connected with her online through some sort of discussion forum or website.
    That's just something that police might have wanted to look into. 
    She may have been lead to believe the invisible light agency was involved in some crazy theory and agreed to meet with some person/people to "spy" on them as some sort of fun game.
    If she was into the occult, that would have been an easy way for some weirdo to elbow their way into her life. 

Hi, it's been a while, but I thought I'd post one minor thought here. 

People say EL was posting links to conspiracy theories on invisible cloaking etc. 
    Although I doubt very much that she "knew too much" about anything, it's very possible that her killer(s) were conspiracy theorists (or people posing as such) and they connected with her online through some sort of discussion forum or website.
    That's just something that police might have wanted to look into. 
    She may have been lead to believe the invisible light agency was involved in some crazy theory and agreed to meet with some person/people to "spy" on them as some sort of fun game.
    If she was into the occult, that would have been an easy way for some weirdo to elbow their way into her life. 

That's an incredibly interesting theory. Did we share anywhere on this thread the websites and so on she might have visited? Is that even known?
    -------------------
  • EricEric Member
    edited June 2015
    So I just signed onto this blog today as a reference by a friend I've followed the Elisa lam case very closely and there are so many sides and theories but there are a few that I haven't heard mentioned for one yes her actions were bizzare but her joints and ankles and wrist did some pretty awkward contortions unless it was from the video being doctored also another reason behind no water in the lungs is that every so often there is a dry drowning which is basically where your lungs spasm and a little water gets in enough to do its damage but no more and then eventually it drains now obviously she existed because quite a few here referenced her parents being interviewed and obviously they existed to them
    The links should be on her blog, but I haven't seen them personally, sorry.
    I just went through her blog again but can't seem to find anything regarding the conspiracy stuff. The only thing I can compare this to is the actress, Carmen Yarira who was found in Mexico in the water tank. How it was accomplished could be comparable if they interrogated the killer(s).
    They found that the actress had been strangled to death.
    But how did she get into the tank?

Eric said:

So I just signed onto this blog today as a reference by a friend I've followed the Elisa lam case very closely and there are so many sides and theories but there are a few that I haven't heard mentioned for one yes her actions were bizzare but her joints and ankles and wrist did some pretty awkward contortions unless it was from the video being doctored also another reason behind no water in the lungs is that every so often there is a dry drowning which is basically where your lungs spasm and a little water gets in enough to do its damage but no more and then eventually it drains now obviously she existed because quite a few here referenced her parents being interviewed and obviously they existed to them

Hey eric. Welcome to the site. If you have any questions on how to work the site at all, feel free to message myself or Rosie (MODS). You can send a personal message by clicking on the user name > message 
    Eric said:

Hey Eric, welcome to the website.

So what is your conclusion regarding what happened, and what it all means?
    -------------------

• First warning, in my text you'll find grammar mistakes and whoever
    is grammar sensitive better not read further. To those who will continue to
    read my writing I apologize for mistakes.

Mute video could be very easy  misunderstood. If you put yourself into
    Elisa's shoes elevator scene can be easily explained. Depending on what floor
    she was staying in the hotel she was going to her room after visiting new
    friend/s/ or she was going to meet them. Once in the elevator without glasses
    she can't see digits on the board and only when she pushes button its alight
    and visibly, so she presses few of them to get idea where is the button she is
    looking for. Casually she hits hold door too, but as we all know, elevators
    have alarm buttons when somebody is blocked inside he or she can call for help.
    Elisa probably pressed that one also and activated alarm.

In the middle of the night alarm sound makes her think 'what is going
    on'  and she peeks outside cabin to
    check if something is wrong on hallway, but when see nothing suspicious she
    retreats back. At the same moment she realised that she herself accidentally
    activated alarm and now she is afraid somebody will come and accuse her for
    putting alarm on. Childishly she tries to hide to avoid it. Alarm doesn't
    stop and it starts to irritate her, again she exits elevator wondering what
    to do, where to go and rises arms to close her ears. Still nothing changes
    and she is back inside the cabin trying, one more time, desperately to move
    elevator pressing whatever button, just to take her some place out from
    there. Elevator is not moving and already frustrated and panicked she goes
    again in hallway, yelling will somebody, please, put that damn alarm off.
    What happens after is intriguing, because there is not enough reliable
    information's.
    a/ somebody /staff employee or guest/ came and she went talk to them.
    That one is trying to calm her down and takes her to the roof on the fresh
    air. Something went wrong...
    b/ nobody came and Elisa wants to run from the disturbing sound. So
    she escapes first exit she sees. Was that fire stairs, roof exit, somebody's
    room, will be mystery.  But nobody, in
    his right mind or not, would go to swim in the water tank during night or
    whatever hour of the day, as it matters.
    For how long hotel is required to keep recorded video tapes? 7 days?
    When somebody doesn't show to check out on time, should hotel staff check
    more videos and conserve them for some time if needed. At list to protect
    itself, for hotel's purposes.
    Why only this video was published, should not be there more videos
    where Elisa is in company with other people? Where she was prior to Cecil
    Hotel and LA.
    Who is Cecil's owner?

agathac said:

First warning, in my text you'll find grammar mistakes and whoever
    is grammar sensitive better not read further. To those who will continue to
    read my writing I apologize for mistakes.

Mute video could be very easy  misunderstood. If you put yourself into
    Elisa's shoes elevator scene can be easily explained. Depending on what floor
    she was staying in the hotel she was going to her room after visiting new
    friend/s/ or she was going to meet them. Once in the elevator without glasses
    she can't see digits on the board and only when she pushes button its alight
    and visibly, so she presses few of them to get idea where is the button she is
    looking for. Casually she hits hold door too, but as we all know, elevators
    have alarm buttons when somebody is blocked inside he or she can call for help.
    Elisa probably pressed that one also and activated alarm.

In the middle of the night alarm sound makes her think 'what is going
    on'  and she peeks outside cabin to
    check if something is wrong on hallway, but when see nothing suspicious she
    retreats back. At the same moment she realised that she herself accidentally
    activated alarm and now she is afraid somebody will come and accuse her for
    putting alarm on. Childishly she tries to hide to avoid it. Alarm doesn't
    stop and it starts to irritate her, again she exits elevator wondering what
    to do, where to go and rises arms to close her ears. Still nothing changes
    and she is back inside the cabin trying, one more time, desperately to move
    elevator pressing whatever button, just to take her some place out from
    there. Elevator is not moving and already frustrated and panicked she goes
    again in hallway, yelling will somebody, please, put that damn alarm off.

What happens after is intriguing, because there is not enough reliable
    information's.

a/ somebody /staff employee or guest/ came and she went talk to them.
    That one is trying to calm her down and takes her to the roof on the fresh
    air. Something went wrong...

b/ nobody came and Elisa wants to run from the disturbing sound. So
    she escapes first exit she sees. Was that fire stairs, roof exit, somebody's
    room, will be mystery.  But nobody, in
    his right mind or not, would go to swim in the water tank during night or
    whatever hour of the day, as it matters.

For how long hotel is required to keep recorded video tapes? 7 days?
    When somebody doesn't show to check out on time, should hotel staff check
    more videos and conserve them for some time if needed. At list to protect
    itself, for hotel's purposes.

Why only this video was published, should not be there more videos
    where Elisa is in company with other people? Where she was prior to Cecil
    Hotel and LA.

Who is Cecil's owner?

Welcome to the website - some excellent points and questions.

The elevator explanation is probably one of the most intriguing I've heard yet, and it's actually very logical. Something like that would be hard to catch considering there's no audio on the video.

An excellent question, who *does* own the Cecil hotel? I just asked Google and gave me a name: 

"Herb Chase".
    -------------------
    I found something unrelated, but kind of strange - there's another Cecil Hotel in Canada, and it's also known for violence, murder and crime (and is now boarded up and shut down - maybe it's even torn down as well):

-------------------
  • CloClo Member
    Hi, folks !
    I'm just thinking about her family : do the accept the theory actually ? Is there's someone of her family or friend not accepting and still searching ? poeple who knew her did recognise the way she mooved ? (I mean , the way she mooves her hands is really special ? Is it her usual way of mooving ? ? ?

Clo said:

Hi, folks !

I'm just thinking about her family : do the accept the theory actually ? Is there's someone of her family or friend not accepting and still searching ? poeple who knew her did recognise the way she mooved ? (I mean , the way she mooves her hands is really special ? Is it her usual way of mooving ? ? ?

Hey Clo, welcome to the website.

Her family apparently (although I haven't seen it corroborated) went down there to search, but I wonder if that's just rumour rather than what actually happened. The sister had a Twitter that was created a year before the incident but was unused, became active during the incident, then stopped being active again following the incident's conclusion. Her Facebook mentions nothing about the incident at all. The parents apparently filed a lawsuit over it all, but the conclusion of that lawsuit has never been revealed, at least to my knowledge. 

Elisa's hand movements have indeed made us all wonder. Was she playing around? Was she high on drugs? Or was she without her glasses and feeling around? It's hard to know. 
    -------------------
  • DarcyDarcy Member

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com

She's supposedly been dead for 6 months now, but someone is still posting on her blog sporadically. Really weird.

Hey guys. 
    I've just made an account on this website to share a bit of information with you regarding the posts on Elisa's tumblr account. Using the mobile tumblr app, you are able to find out the exact date and time that a post appeared on someone's page, so I decided to have a look at the posts that appeared after her death. 

Most of them were posted exactly on the hour, which is highly consistent with the idea that they had been put on a posting queue:
    10 December 2013 08:00
    2 June 2013 08:00
    30 April 2013 08:00 
    and so on. The posts themselves are somewhat relevant to the times they were posted, such as the December one containing snow, so it's possible that she scheduled them to be posted on those days. 

What really caught my eye, however, were some posts that appeared just after her death. The times that they were posted are not very natural for queued posts:
    16 February 2013 02:27
    16 February 2013 02:05
    15 February 2013 04:38
    Posts in between these were posted on the hour again, like normal queued posts. 

Canada is about 5 hours behind me time-wise, so if we say that the queued posts normally were scheduled for around 03:00 in Canadian time, then the posts from around 11 and 12 in the evening with her are a little off-schedule. There are also some days in February where there were quite a few posts, some from these strange times and then maybe one post that appeared at the scheduled time. Does that make sense? For example: 
    15 February 2013 08:00
    15 February 2013 04:16
    15 February 2013 03:54
    15 February 2013 03:33
    15 February 2013 03:11
    I haven't used the queue feature enough to know if this is natural or not. Perhaps she programmed the posts to appear randomly during the day, which would make it perfectly natural. 

The main thing to say about the posts is that none of them appear to have originated after Elisa's death - most of them were originally uploaded to the source tumblr account in late 2012. The latest ones came from around the 28th January 2013, but the ones that were posted in later months appeared on Elisa's page around a year after they were first uploaded, suggesting that Elisa just chose to have them appear in a year's time. That is to say that nothing that appeared after her death was reblogged after January 28th, making the queue theory highly possible. 

I hope that all made sense. 
    Darcy said:

http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com

She's supposedly been dead for 6 months now, but someone is still posting on her blog sporadically. Really weird.

Hey guys. 
    I've just made an account on this website to share a bit of information with you regarding the posts on Elisa's tumblr account. Using the mobile tumblr app, you are able to find out the exact date and time that a post appeared on someone's page, so I decided to have a look at the posts that appeared after her death. 

Most of them were posted exactly on the hour, which is highly consistent with the idea that they had been put on a posting queue:
    10 December 2013 08:00
    2 June 2013 08:00
    30 April 2013 08:00 
    and so on. The posts themselves are somewhat relevant to the times they were posted, such as the December one containing snow, so it's possible that she scheduled them to be posted on those days. 

What really caught my eye, however, were some posts that appeared just after her death. The times that they were posted are not very natural for queued posts:
    16 February 2013 02:27
    16 February 2013 02:05
    Posts in between these were posted on the hour again, like normal queued posts. 

Canada is about 5 hours behind me time-wise, so if we say that the queued posts normally were scheduled for around 03:00 in Canadian time, then the posts from around 11 and 12 in the evening with her are a little off-schedule. There are also some days in February where there were quite a few posts, some from these strange times and then maybe one post that appeared at the scheduled time. Does that make sense? For example: 
    15 February 2013 08:00
    15 February 2013 04:16
    15 February 2013 03:54
    15 February 2013 03:33
    15 February 2013 03:11
    I haven't used the queue feature enough to know if this is natural or not. Perhaps she programmed the posts to appear randomly during the day, which would make it perfectly natural. 

The main thing to say about the posts is that none of them appear to have originated after Elisa's death - most of them were originally uploaded to the source tumblr account in late 2012. The latest ones came from around the 28th January 2013, but the ones that were posted in later months appeared on Elisa's page around a year after they were first uploaded, suggesting that Elisa just chose to have them appear in a year's time. That is to say that nothing that appeared after her death was reblogged after January 28th, making the queue theory highly possible. 

I hope that all made sense. 
    Hey Darcy, welcome to the website.

That's some pretty solid and excellent info there. It does indeed make sense, and lends a lot of credibility to the theory that the posts were indeed queued. However, a number of questions arise in my mind despite of the technical feasibility of it all:

1.   Why? Why would she do that, especially a year away? If she was indeed queuing things around the time of her disappearance, why not simply post the winter photos immediately, for example? It was, after all the winter season, and she's from Canada. Several other post-death posts are unrelated to the season, such as the woman walking in autumn, yet the post being in June, so I'm not really sure about that connection. My point basically is, what would be her motivation?

2.   Do any of her past posts show any indication of being queued? I think this would be important as a correlation. If so, then all this does indeed make more sense (or at least the blog portion of the Elisa Lam mystery). However, if there's no indication of this, then it's difficult to chalk all this down to a sudden behavioural change. 

3.   Why queue some randomly, and others for a specific date? This intrigued me, and again while technically feasible, I'm not sure there's any evidence (yet) of that feasibility translating into reasonable expectation. It simply doesn't make logical sense, at least to me.

4.   Why so many posts in February, after she apparently died? Did she queue up everything a month ahead of time? Since after all, that is what this essentially suggests. Again, we need to investigate her previous posting patterns.

Would you be able to upload some screenshots here of the dates and times so we can add it to our growing body of evidence? (Or in case the blog is "accidentally" deleted?)

-------------------
    edited July 2015
    The photos she set for queue were probably seasonal. 
    Winter themed ones would appear in the winter.
    Summer themed fashion in the summer.
    If she came across anything she liked and wanted to post, she'd probably queue them to be season 
    appropriate.
  • ArchonArchon Member, Permitted to post new threads
    I am only at page five, been reading the forum almost entire day, is there news on page 5-7.
    There is only one way
    Archon said:

I am only at page five, been reading the forum almost entire day, is there news on page 5-7.

Archon, do you mean on this specific thread or the website in general? 
    edited July 2015
    Archon said:

I believe there may be some interesting pieces of information and insights on those pages. There really isn't much available in terms of "news" regarding Elisa, since the case is pretty much buried and closed. Now it's mostly about what people have been able to dredge up and add to the discussion. Interestingly, there are still bits and pieces coming in.
    -------------------
    And i missed you guys
    There is only one way
    Well i have finshed my reading sesion, and mr pop i was reading this topic fot hours now, when i first posted is almost a year ago. One thing about graffiti: fecto also means : "good rolled joint". Streetlanguage.
    People are talking about wellbutrin as being hallucinative, beiing a experienced user, i can state wellbutrin is not hallucinative. Sorry for my grammar, but i am Dutch. ( as you might remember) i have read all comments and i ll try to make a summary of that, but i ll have to think this case over.
    There is only one way
    This song, was inspired by ll's death, even the zolas think there was foul play, as you can see at the end of the clip where the elisa lam alterego is being contacted by a person.
    There is only one way
    I think we have to wait on hard evidence provited by people who stumble on this forum per accident. I would like to have some answers to the following.
    Was the lid on the tank closed or not ( if closed,could a girl who weigths 120 lbs or 60 kilo lift such a heavy lid while she has to open it from a weird posture, can she do that physically?)(if opened she could slide in easily, but is nt it weird the lid would be open? Rain, dirt etc easyli comming into the watertank, overflowing being dirty)

Looking at the rubbish and the graffity people often came upon the roof. So a person who often stays at the hotel could know this, staff must have known this. (Why did media then try us to believe the only acces was via a door with an alarm on it?)

Who is Alex Ristea? And can we get in contact with him, i saw his name come up in a thread here while he was on the funeral and ofcourse the facebook pics. He has no Chinese background( so the honor or shame question is out of theway)

Why didnt the personel of the hotel visit the room elisa was staying after the moment she had to check out? They should have known an elisa lam is staying in their hotel and that she was missing right away? And if they even did why cant we find anything about inwhat shape her rooom was? It s important because you can tell if she was alone, ( where is the blackberry)

Balckberry problem, lisa used the phone crom someone, whowas that? And why is he not inthis story at all.
    I have more questions but i want to check if there are hardcore 'black water' fans onthe net. Who could be crazy enough to relive the "black water" movie.

Someone stated this before: if elisa really was murdered? Could the person who did so, leave comments on certain websites? Some people post and have strong opinions, take the time to write them down, but we have never heard from them again. Scarey.

Oh yeah and the ghost hotel game pushing on certain combinations of floors, is in the case of elisa not really the case, i believe, cause she is doing it compleetly wrong, wrong co binations of floors etc.

But just like some persons before me i also believe in the bible and i also believe the occult can be strong, i do not believe she was killed while being posessed, but i do not rule out she is u der the influence of the occult. But even then could she lift up a heavy lid up on that watertank?
    There is only one way
    Archon said:

Well i have finshed my reading sesion, and mr pop i was reading this topic fot hours now, when i first posted is almost a year ago. One thing about graffiti: fecto also means : "good rolled joint". Streetlanguage.
    People are talking about wellbutrin as being hallucinative, beiing a experienced user, i can state wellbutrin is not hallucinative. Sorry for my grammar, but i am Dutch. ( as you might remember) i have read all comments and i ll try to make a summary of that, but i ll have to think this case over.

I do indeed remember, and we all missed you too. 

Thanks for sharing those thoughts, and that music video. A touching song. 

Regarding Alex Ristea, who is he again in relation to Elisa? I need my memory jogged.
    -------------------
    He was a student graduating with lisa, he was on then favebook graduating pics wit lisa
    There is only one way
    Archon said:

He was a student graduating with lisa, he was on then favebook graduating pics wit lisa

Ah, right. I think I remember now.
    -------------------
    edited July 2015
    The foto's Alex Ristea posted about graduating are removed from His facebook. On that foto Lisa and a couple of others cheering etc. Also all links "the new reason" posted regarding satanic symbols, links to somebody called fryjia are gone. I believe page 5 of this thread, yes page four 21th of march.
    There is only one way
    Pfft i meant page 5 sorry dudes, 21 of march, all links on "the new seasons" are gone. Regarding that song the band who plays it really were inspired by elisa s death.
    There is only one way
  • Hi everyone!
    I don't know if this link has already been posted here, it's the reading of a psychic about EL's case: 

OddQueen said:
    Welcome, OddQueen.

Does this website belong to you?
    -------------------
  • No it doesn't. I do think what this psychic saw / felt when she tuned in with this case is worth reading and can actually make sense. What do you think about her vision?
    OddQueen said:

No it doesn't. I do think what this psychic saw / felt when she tuned in with this case is worth reading and can actually make sense. What do you think about her vision?

It's certainly a possibility, because it simply doesn't make sense for a young woman to climb into a water tank naked and then die there. Outside circumstances such as bullying could have indeed played a role.
    -------------------
  • I'm with you on that. 
    I've never been to LA and I wonder what building she's talking about: "The building she sought out had an emblem with a bunch of circles.  It looked like an Olympic symbol but all the circles were complete spheres." 
    It's a good question. 

All I'm familiar with regarding her travels are the "Speak Easy" and the hotel at which we stayed.

Ah yes, an the bookshop. 
    -------------------
    Odd you queen!
    There is only one way
    edited July 2015
    I dont beloeve that reading, sorry! No way. It doesnt add up to all foundings on this forum. And it doesn t add up to the videoclip of lisa. No this is not correct.
    There is only one way
  • Hi Archon!

Thanks for sharing your opinion on this. I've read the whole thread and to me, what she says still seems plausible. She also mentions the fact that there is something not right with her lungs. Her readings are quite accurate on the whole.
    Talking about the video, we only get a glimpse of a moment, that's basically the reason why people who've been following this case don't agree to the why and how: some believe she was high on drugs, others assume she was playing...by the way, please have a read at this: 

edited July 2015
    I've read that analysis previously (and I think someone else also included it in this thread), and I personally feel that because the security video is snipped and there's no audio, it's really hard to tell what's truly going on in it.

What really gets me about it is that her behaviour is so inconsistent - she acts strangely and normally at the same time, so it's hard to pin it on either drugs or simply playing around.
    -------------------
  • Oh I'm sorry if this has already been included in the thread. I totally agree with you Matt, this video doesn't give much in the way of clues and opens the door to more questions.
    OddQueen said:

Oh I'm sorry if this has already been included in the thread. I totally agree with you Matt, this video doesn't give much in the way of clues and opens the door to more questions.

No problem at all, I just mentioned that because it seemed familiar (and crazily enough, there are nearly 700 posts in this one thread). It's good to re-mention things once in a while to refresh our memories.

Have you looked into any buildings in the Cecil Hotel area that resembled that woman's description?
    -------------------
    Dear odd queen, when you read her entries on her blogs, it is not obvious she would be let in with such type of criminal persons. Furthermore i don t believe it is good to contact mediums. I believe they are not to be contacted at all.

Watching lisa's video, when she hides in the corner i believe she is hiding from the mirror. She is not behaving strange but is trying not to be seen via the mirror, so she expects the person who is searching her from the left! What you can see in the mirror, is what the other person also can see! So i believe this is possibly evidence she is being followed.
    There is only one way
  • Hello,

I am new here and I am sharing the same interest for the mystery of Elisa Lam.

I' d be pleased to contribute to your investigations and analysis caus eI also want to know the truth about her death.

I have read many of your posts but not all of them yet.

What upsets me most are all the contradictions you can find on the net since the beginning of this story !

I want to believe in time travel - THE ZOLAS
  • Some examples : some sources will say that there was only one elevator when others say there were two elevators actually. Some sources say that her clothes were never found and others say they were found together with T shirts and shorts, or other sources again say that they found only T shirts and shorts. And another example, right from the beginning  it seemed that is was nearly impossible for her to climb on the roof and reach the top of the tank, lift the heavy lid etc And then you read somewhere else that it would have been quite easy for her to reach the roof and get into the tank ! At one point it seems nearly irritating !
  • Could someone sum me up which facts could be established "for certain" at this point of the story ?

Maybe you already mentioned here some information I haven't read yet. Thanks.
  • Yes Matt this thread has been active for more than two years now! Mental.
    I googled what the psychic said, then tried other entries but I haven't found anything relevant. She was talking about an emblem looking like the Olympic symbol, but more like complete spheres. I think we need to look into a logo maybe...?
    I don't live in the US so an "in the field" investigation would be difficult for me :) Anyone who knows L.A. and the Cecil Hotel area, any ideas please?

Dear Archon, I think she may well have known / been close to someone into computer hacking. She seemed very active on the Internet anyway.

What you're saying about the video makes sense, I'll watch it again then :)

• Yes Paul! and that's why some of us end up checking what the psychics have to say on the matter.
    Paul_fr said:

Hello,

I am new here and I am sharing the same interest for the mystery of Elisa Lam.

I' d be pleased to contribute to your investigations and analysis caus eI also want to know the truth about her death.

I have read many of your posts but not all of them yet.

What upsets me most are all the contradictions you can find on the net since the beginning of this story !

Welcome to the website, Paul - this has indeed transformed into quite the discussion.

You're right, there is a lot of contradictory information, and I believe that's the result of the following:

(a) The evidence on offer, such as the hotel tape and even the autopsy report, is blatantly manipulated.
    (b) The police have contributed very little to this case's conclusion, letting speculation amongst citizen investigators reign.
    (c) The details of Elisa's very existence are sketchy in proportion to the amount of attention the media gave her.

The only for certain facts are as follows:

(a) At some point in history, there was a young Asian woman who may or may not have been named Elisa Lam.
    (b) At some point in history, a young woman was fooling around in an elevator.
    (c) For some reason, a police response was called to the roof of that particular hotel, but what they did there remains unknown.
    (d) A young Asian woman may or may not have spent time at a nearby bookstore. 
    (e) A media and police "response" was presented detailing what may or may not have happened to Elisa Lam.

That's literally all there is. Every single other thing we know is the result of media headlines, "reports", "testimonies" and interpretation / speculation on the part of others looking into the case. Less than 5% (I would say) of the Elisa Lam case is corroborated by any tangible, meaningful or visual evidence.  
    -------------------
  • Paul_frPaul_fr Member
    edited July 2015
    Thanks so much Matt for your concise reply ! One thing is also certain, that is the amaziest story ever !

I was thinking of something regarding facts and Elisa Lam. I thought that it would be interesting to check some basic information such as :Is it possible to get a copy of her death certificate in LA ? I know that it is often easier to get a death certificate than a birth certificate.  We also know where she was buried, the cemetery in Vancouver mentioned in some articles. Does any photo of her grave exist ?

By the way does anyone know if the film THE BRINGING  based on the affair and the Cecil hotel is going to be released after all ?

I shall post later and give my opinion about psychics.
  • I just read through this entire discussion after going on a Google hunt to find out if the Elisa Lam case was ever really figured out. I remember hearing about the poor girl about a year ago or so and just remembered her for some strange reason.
    I have to say, the contents on this discussion (and website) is extremely fascinating. I wanted to make an account so I could follow along and whatnot. I've been checking out her all her social media accounts. (Though I can't seem to locate her Facebook?). 

From looking at the stuff on her tumblr, blogspot, and instagram. It doesn't seem like anyone actually knew the girl personally, at all. No close friends or anything commenting on her stuff it seems. 

Most comments on her things seem to just be either after her death, or random commenters who just happened to find that post way back when, and from what I've seen, Elisa normally never replied to them. 
    Also it's very odd that she only posted pictures of her feet and shoes on instagram. A picture of her hand. A picture of her from the neck down. And a picture on blogspot of her legs.

The only person I can find that seems to may of known her or spoken with her (whether it's an internet or 'real-life' relationship, I don't know.)

Is a user on instagram with the account name of valtharion.

Pretty much all other comments on her instagram are from people checking it out after her death. valtharion tells Elisa happy belated birthday on Elisa's 5th instagram post (a cup of coffee posted  169 weeks ago (?))  
    valtharion also comments on another photo (33th photo, 136 weeks ago, photo of a field with snow in Canada). valtharion says 'you will be forever missed by me, lost friend <3"
    Both comments were posted 11 weeks ago
    But then I see valtharion commenting to another user on a photograph about seeing on tumblr that Elisa's dog died  not too long ago before Elisa died.
    I am very uncertain whether this valtharion actually knew Elisa when she was alive (via internet or real life). It seems like she did, considering she knew her birthday and referred to her as a friend, but I'm not really sure. I can't tell. I think it may be highly unlikely that they knew each other, but I don't know. 

Where was I going with that? Maybe someone could contact this valtharion. To see if they had ever spoken with each other, that'd clue in that she WAS an actual person. If they knew each other, of course. Even briefly. I have requested to follow valtharion on instagram, and I'm awaiting approval considering her account is on private. 

Also, interestingly, the valtharion user's info thing says her name is Elisa Rogers II.
    Least I thought that was interesting. Probably nothing, and you may already know all of this. 

Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know. ~ Ernest Hemingway 
  • I have found the article below

http://metronews.ca/news/vancouver/567832/vancouvers-elisa-lam-remembered-for-cheerful-and-charismatic-personality/

At least two people knew Elisa Lam for real and they tell us about her personality, Yvonne Chung and Teika Steins.
    edited July 2015
    Dear @WhoisWho,
    if you find it interesting: there are three facebookpictures of elisa celebrating her graduation. Posted by a person named Alex Ristea, he was a friend of her. But on his facebook account the pictures are deleted. But i saw them on this thread page 4 or 5.
    There is only one way
    The facebookpics with elisa lam are posted on the 9th of april. By i believe ray marie.
    There is only one way
    Intersting stuff paul!
    There is only one way
    WhoisWho said:

I just read through this entire discussion after going on a Google hunt to find out if the Elisa Lam case was ever really figured out. I remember hearing about the poor girl about a year ago or so and just remembered her for some strange reason.

I have to say, the contents on this discussion (and website) is extremely fascinating. I wanted to make an account so I could follow along and whatnot. I've been checking out her all her social media accounts. (Though I can't seem to locate her Facebook?). 

Glad you decided to join us! feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions about the site. 
    Paul_fr said:

Thanks so much Matt for your concise reply ! One thing is also certain, that is the amaziest story ever !

I was thinking of something regarding facts and Elisa Lam. I thought that it would be interesting to check some basic information such as :Is it possible to get a copy of her death certificate in LA ? I know that it is often easier to get a death certificate than a birth certificate.  We also know where she was buried, the cemetery in Vancouver mentioned in some articles. Does any photo of her grave exist ?

By the way does anyone know if the film THE BRINGING  based on the affair and the Cecil hotel is going to be released after all ?

I shall post later and give my opinion about psychics.

I don't know anyone who has yet applied for that certificate, or even inquired into its existence.
    If there are any Americans living in Los Angeles who could do this and then report back to us, that would definitely kick this thread and our combined investigation up a notch.

What is THE BRINGING? 
    Is that the film they're making based on Elisa's life and death? 
    -------------------
    WhoisWho said:

I just read through this entire discussion after going on a Google hunt to find out if the Elisa Lam case was ever really figured out. I remember hearing about the poor girl about a year ago or so and just remembered her for some strange reason.

From looking at the stuff on her tumblr, blogspot, and instagram. It doesn't seem like anyone actually knew the girl personally, at all. No close friends or anything commenting on her stuff it seems. 

Most comments on her things seem to just be either after her death, or random commenters who just happened to find that post way back when, and from what I've seen, Elisa normally never replied to them. 
    Also it's very odd that she only posted pictures of her feet and shoes on instagram. A picture of her hand. A picture of her from the neck down. And a picture on blogspot of her legs.

The only person I can find that seems to may of known her or spoken with her (whether it's an internet or 'real-life' relationship, I don't know.)

Is a user on instagram with the account name of valtharion.

Pretty much all other comments on her instagram are from people checking it out after her death. valtharion tells Elisa happy belated birthday on Elisa's 5th instagram post (a cup of coffee posted  169 weeks ago (?))  
    valtharion also comments on another photo (33th photo, 136 weeks ago, photo of a field with snow in Canada). valtharion says 'you will be forever missed by me, lost friend <3"
    Both comments were posted 11 weeks ago
    But then I see valtharion commenting to another user on a photograph about seeing on tumblr that Elisa's dog died  not too long ago before Elisa died.
    I am very uncertain whether this valtharion actually knew Elisa when she was alive (via internet or real life). It seems like she did, considering she knew her birthday and referred to her as a friend, but I'm not really sure. I can't tell. I think it may be highly unlikely that they knew each other, but I don't know. 

Where was I going with that? Maybe someone could contact this valtharion. To see if they had ever spoken with each other, that'd clue in that she WAS an actual person. If they knew each other, of course. Even briefly. I have requested to follow valtharion on instagram, and I'm awaiting approval considering her account is on private. 

Also, interestingly, the valtharion user's info thing says her name is Elisa Rogers II.
    Least I thought that was interesting. Probably nothing, and you may already know all of this. 

Welcome to the Website, Who.
    You're definitely in the right place if you enjoy sober, intelligent explorations of the "underground". 

If you're interested, you can bookmark this thread by scrolling to the top of this page and clicking on the little star next to the thread title.
    This will automatically send you a message every time someone adds something to this particular thread.

You won't be able to find her Facebook, because it was mysteriously deleted, as have been many images for her other social media pages - maybe by her parents / family, or maybe not.
    No one truly knows.

Your statement regarding her friends and their relationships to both her and her social media accounts are probably what "gets" me the most about this whole case.
    She seems to have no friends, yet the media portrayed her as having a huge teary following, and there apparently was even a "large funeral" at the end of all this.
    But where did all these friends go?
    Why did none of them speak up during this whole event?
    Where did they all disappear to afterward?
    Why haven't we really seen any of them, or their social media contributions as they experienced this whole ordeal?

The info pertaining to that Instagram user is *very* interesting, especially considering the name.
    Definitely keep us updated on that if you find out anything else.

-------------------
    Paul_fr said:

I have found the article below

http://metronews.ca/news/vancouver/567832/vancouvers-elisa-lam-remembered-for-cheerful-and-charismatic-personality/

At least two people knew Elisa Lam for real and they tell us about her personality, Yvonne Chung and Teika Steins.

Thanks for adding this.

Out of curiosity, do these people have Facebook accounts or anything that would let us see their faces and peer into their existences? 
    -------------------
  • Paul_frPaul_fr Member
    edited July 2015

What is THE BRINGING? 
    Is that the film they're making based on Elisa's life and death? 
    Yes, I had read that SONY PICTURES had made it a top priority project in 2013 shortly after the LAM affair began. It should focus on all the mysteries that occured at the CECIL HOTEL including the Elisa Lam death.
    I  have read that it is due to be released in 2016 but there are no more details.
    I am buisy checking lisa's followers on twitter. One of them is a female callled "Joy". She twitters 21th of February Rip Lambetes :( (which is her twitter name) a few days later she is contacted by two individuals who ask Joy if she is a friend or met lisa in the real life. She replies:positiv:i met her IRL ( in real life). So i think she is real natt
    There is only one way
  • Paul_frPaul_fr Member
    edited July 2015

Paul_fr said:

I have found the article below

Thanks for adding this.

Out of curiosity, do these people have Facebook accounts or anything that would let us see their faces and peer into their existences? 
    For Teika Steins you can find the two facebook pages below, one regarding PLANET TRAVELER as mentioned in the article, and the link for her own facebook page :

https://www.facebook.com/theplanettraveler/photos/a.977737865589013.1073741831.108618422500966/827985417230926/?type=1

https://www.facebook.com/teika.steins

• Archon said:

This song, was inspired by ll's death, even the zolas think there was foul play, as you can see at the end of the clip where the elisa lam alterego is being contacted by a person.

The singer of the group was at the same University as Elisa Lam when she was there and he wishes he had known her personnaly hence the lyrics " I want to believe in time travel...". He made that song cause her death affected him
  • A nice tribute video for Elisa Lam gathering things from her assumed personal blogs :

• Paul_frPaul_fr Member
    edited July 2015
    And if you didn't notice it in the previous link you can also share the petition to re-open the Elisa Lam case.

• I don't know if it's been posted on here or not (I don't think so), but here are all of Sarah Lam's social sites that I have found. 

How I found her Model Mayhem account was this post: http://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/879313 concerning Elisa's disappearance.

All of them are pretty much inactive now besides her Facebook. 

It just really bugs me almost no one who knew her well posts about her at all. 

Especially since social media has became so popular, people seem to share their grief quit a bit when someone dies. From what I've seen anyway. Especially if she had any close internet friends, you'd think there would be quite a few posts about how wonderful she was or something, but not really. It's awfully strange. 
    I feel really sorry for the girl. No one's death should be shoved under a rug like that, and I feel like that's exactly what happened. 

• Paul_frPaul_fr Member
    edited July 2015
    WhoisWho said:

Especially since social media has became so popular, people seem to share their grief quit a bit when someone dies. From what I've seen anyway. Especially if she had any close internet friends, you'd think there would be quite a few posts about how wonderful she was or something, but not really. It's awfully strange. 
    I feel really sorry for the girl. No one's death should be shoved under a rug like that, and I feel like that's exactly what happened. 

Maybe people who knew her were so shocked by the tragedy, so unusual, a real nightmare,  that they preferred not to react publicly or they saw the global dimension that took the story, the drama, that they preferred to protect their names,, the fear to see their names associated with that story, the fear to receive messages and questions from all kinds of people even maybe deviant people who would be ready to contact any people who was connected to Elisa Lam. This could explain why some people whose names are mentioned in articles do not put anything new on their facebook page for example, some way to protect themselves. Well I am not sure but I am just trying to understand.
  • WhoisWhoWhoisWho Member
    edited July 2015
    WhoisWho said:

Maybe people who knew her were so shocked by the tragedy, so unusual, a real nightmare,  that they preferred not to react publicly or they saw the global dimension that took the story, the drama, that they preferred to protect their names,, the fear to see their names associated with that story, the fear to receive messages and questions from all kinds of people even maybe deviant people who would be ready to contact any people who was connected to Elisa Lam. This could explain why some people whose names are mentioned in articles do not put anything new on their facebook page for example, some way to protect themselves. Well I am not sure but I am just trying to understand.

That's a possibility, and I absolutely could understand wanting to keep their name out of it as to not be contacted by random strangers.

But at the same time, she was young, and I assume she befriended people around that age, give or take a couple years. 

Back in October, a good friend of mine was murdered. It was awful. It was on the news constantly, different theories came out. Saying he was murdered because he was a satanist, or into witchcraft. He was murdered because of ISIS, yada yada. (My friend was nearly decapitated by a friend, who was, obviously mentally unstable and what not.) They defined the murderer as a Christian zealot, ect. A bunch of nonsense. It was hot topic all over Facebook (at least mine) for months. And so many people said so many awful things about him because of it.
    My friend had quite a bit of internet friends (and "real life") friends. 
    No matter the rumors and theories and cruel people surrounding the idea, people still talked about him and denied false rumors. They spoke about how caring he was, how much he loved music, ect. No matter what was said about the ordeal, I still saw so many people speaking about him, and still do. Because it's a painful memory.

Yes, completely different situations. 
    But what I'm trying to get at is, young people use social media as an outlet. For happiness, pain, grief, love, ect. 
    I'm just very surprised at not seeing any internet friends of hers (assuming she had any? she did spend a lot of time it seems on the internet.)  posting something about her. 

Now I'm just babbling. I just want to understand it and make sense of it. 

Who knows? Maybe lack of "real life" friends and "internet friends" was part of the problem. Suffering mental illness without parental support, stress to do well in school and make something of herself. Wanting to do something cool with modeling, makeup and photography like her sister led to having un-realistic expectations for herself. 

"You’re always haunted by the idea you’re wasting your life.” — Chuck Palahniuk

Maybe all of that led to a rash decision to meet someone at a shady hotel she had never met? Maybe it led to the usage of drugs? Maybe it led to a mental breakdown that led to her demise?

But, I don't know. There really are quite a few possibilities. 
    edited July 2015
    @who is who, i checked her twitterfollowers, i found out that somebody who is called Joy meantions her.

She says: RIP @Lambetes 21 feb 2013
    She then replies to CodyFry88 on the 25th: I gues you can say so, i met her IRL (in real life) ( i believe the question was: do you know LL? Was she a friend?)

Then she replies to @making me wonderon the 25th feb: "thanks it really means allot right now" ( i believe she replies to something like: my condolances"
    The "joy" replies to CodyFry88: " i know you mean well, but please if you have any info contact the relevant authorities instead, thank you."
    I think codyfry was trying to tell joy, there was something wrong with lisa 's death.
    Who is CodyFry does he know something we don t know.
    Is it postille to contact CodyFry88?
    There is only one way
    I also find it strange we dont hear much from their friends (or family). We need to get to get in touch with them , or them with us. What is your opinion on me saying lisa is hiding from the mirror, when she hides in the corner of the elovator?
    There is only one way
  • @Archon Is CodyFry88 Twitter still active?

I think it's possible to get in touch with family and friends, what ones there is. I'm just doubtful that they'd respond well to it, or respond at all really. 

Her hiding from the mirror is a possibility. 
    Maybe someone among us (but unfortunately not me because I'm super busy with the rest of the website), should create some "investigative" social media accounts and start interacting with these other players in her life? It might yield some highly interesting information. Some of these people may even have stuff bottled up that they'd want to share with others.

I recall reading on Elisa's blog that she was having some trouble with some of her friends, and that at least one of them "turned on her", my paraphrasing. Is there any possibility, however remote, this all this was the cumulative act of revenge? 
    -------------------
  • XikarXikar Member
    For those not familiar, check out on YouTube the series of reports made on this incident, under the title Brainscratch. Just search Brainscratch Elisa Lam.

You will find that after investigation, the elevator camera footage has been ALTERED. For one, the time code is blurred out; it was also ascertained that a space of 50 seconds or so is MISSING, like it was clipped out. Even more bazaar.... the footage has been SLOWED DOWN. You can find a split screen rendering of the footage as it is and sped up to what would be regular time elapsing. Odd, and by no means irrelevant.

Something is just plain wrong here.
    Xikar said:

For those not familiar, check out on YouTube the series of reports made on this incident, under the title Brainscratch. Just search Brainscratch Elisa Lam.

You will find that after investigation, the elevator camera footage has been ALTERED. For one, the time code is blurred out; it was also ascertained that a space of 50 seconds or so is MISSING, like it was clipped out. Even more bazaar.... the footage has been SLOWED DOWN. You can find a split screen rendering of the footage as it is and sped up to what would be regular time elapsing. Odd, and by no means irrelevant.

Something is just plain wrong here.

I'll check it out, thanks for mentioning it.

You're absolutely right, the security footage has indeed been altered, and if I'm not mistaken I think we've actually included that very clip (comparing the altered footage to what it would look regularly, at normal speed) in this vast thread of ours. 
    -------------------
    Part two of the above video:

-------------------
    These two "Brain Scratch" videos are fantastic, by the way. Worth watching.
    -------------------