Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

Asteroid - September 2015

tazweisstazweiss Member, Permitted to post new threads

Lately, I've been hearing and reading about a 2.5 mile wide asteroid that is supposed to hit the Atlantic ocean in September.  Apparently it will hit about 200 miles off the coast of Venezuala and Brazil.  Has anyone else heard of this? 

Some of the articles I've read say this is the real reason so many countries are re-positioning their missiles and is the big reason for Jade Helm.  If it is the reason for Jade Helm then we've been getting it wrong.  It would mean that Jade Helm isn't practice for a martial law takeover, it's preparation for massive disaster relief.  The asteroid is supposed to hit between Sept. 15 and Sept. 28.  Jade Helm ends just prior to that.  However, all of those assets would still be in place all across the southern states.  The southern states incidentally that would take the brunt of the impact from a tsunami caused by the asteroid.

Thoughts, comments?

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

Comments

• gregasgregas Member, Permitted to post new threads
    if a 2.5 mile comet traveling at 83000 mph hit earth there is no disaster relief it would be the end
    “One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.” ― Nikola Tesla
    “One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.” ― Nikola Tesla
    this should answer any and all questions on a comet strike
  • Rosie_MOD_Rosie_MOD_ Moderator
    @tazweiss I had seen youtubes and items on it but didn't post in case it didn't happen!

Fair comment gregas!   The ensuing EQ, Tsunamis, fires, power outages, shock and simply being flattened should iron us out in that instance.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

also if anyone wants to know what caused the great flood its in the above video
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator

Lately, I've been hearing and reading about a 2.5 mile wide asteroid that is supposed to hit the Atlantic ocean in September.  Apparently it will hit about 200 miles off the coast of Venezuala and Brazil.  Has anyone else heard of this? 

Some of the articles I've read say this is the real reason so many countries are re-positioning their missiles and is the big reason for Jade Helm.  If it is the reason for Jade Helm then we've been getting it wrong.  It would mean that Jade Helm isn't practice for a martial law takeover, it's preparation for massive disaster relief.  The asteroid is supposed to hit between Sept. 15 and Sept. 28.  Jade Helm ends just prior to that.  However, all of those assets would still be in place all across the southern states.  The southern states incidentally that would take the brunt of the impact from a tsunami caused by the asteroid.

Thoughts, comments?

Tell us more about this. You have me intrigued. Have you discovered anything else on this? Do you feel it has any credence to it? I'm sorry I came in late on this thread now!

I had that *exact* same conversation regarding Jade Helm with Lynsey last night. Doesn't it make absolute sense? War and jockeying is a good excuse for moving around massive amounts of resources to key locations for key purposes. However - would Texas be a good place for them? Wouldn't that put them right next to the impact point?
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    also if anyone wants to know what caused the great flood its in the above video
    Very interesting. 
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • tazweisstazweiss Member, Permitted to post new threads

I don't know as I'd lend any credence to it, but I have seen a lot of references to a supposed impact in late September.  2.5 miles is rather a significant size and I would think that if there is anything to the stories it won't be very long before even amateur astronomers will be able to see it.

For now though, I haven't started digging a bunker.  When and if, the amateurs start reporting a big rock headed our way, I'll be breaking out the pick and shovel.  One thing I know, the number of people who are talking about an asteroid, far outnumber those who are debunking it.

I'm just curious if anyone else has heard about this, what they think about it and why.

If an asteroid is projected to impact earth in September who's to say it's even going to land plumb in the middle of USA? Taking into account the continuous rotation of earth it could land or splash down anywhere.....except Australia of course :)

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

Actually, it's supposed to land in the Atlantic, about 200 miles from the coast of Venezuala and Brazil.

The returning space junk usually lands in the ocean too.  Might make a biggish splash!

I think it's definitely possible that a huge rock could be coming our way, and that it might even go undetected. It is true there are many amateur astronomers, but that doesn't necessarily / automatically mean that one will spot it. And even if they do spot it, what if they are just spotting for the fun of viewing space, and assume it won't hit, or that someone else is likely reporting it in? And if they did report in and "they" don't want a panic, what will happen to that report and that reporter?

I'm not entirely convinced that a huge impact would wipe out all life on Earth. I think it's scientific exaggeration, much like that which takes place with nuclear war estimations and so on. Remember, Hiroshima was supposed to be uninhabitable for a century - they started rebuilding the next day. Even the "giant meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs" theory is starting to raise a lot of eyebrows. I think that a huge event like that would definitely alter human civilization forever and potentially set us back significantly, but I'm not at all convinced it would be the end of anything. In fact, it could even be the beginning of something, since right now we're all mired in the muck of status quo and nepotism. Maybe a giant rock is precisely what is needed. 
    -------------------
  • mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator

if there is anything to the stories it won't be very long before even amateur astronomers will be able to see it.

This
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    edited June 2015
    Matt said
    I'm not entirely convinced that a huge impact would wipe out all life on Earth.

There's too many variables to consider.  Would it slow, stop  or speed up the rotation? Would it knock the earth out of it's correct position in the universe. What size tsunami would ensue? Would it set off numerous volcanos and earthquakes? Would ocean levels rise or fall and so on...

There's too many variables to consider.  Would it slow, stop  or speed up the rotation? Would it knock the earth out of it's correct position in the universe. What size tsunami would ensue? Would it set off numerous volcanos and earthquakes? Would ocean levels rise or fall and so on...
    I'm thinking that a 2.5 mile asteroid landing in the ocean would cause serious damage through out the entire Atlantic regions just by virtue of the enormous tsunami it would create.  But, in the grand scheme of things, it could probably be compared to a grain of sand slamming into a large medicine ball.  I'm thinking Australia would be pretty safe.

Tazweiss said
    I'm thinking Australia would be pretty safe.

Unless it lands in the Pacific, tazweiss!  *starts building great sandwall of Australia*

Unless it lands in the Pacific, tazweiss!  *starts building great sandwall of Australia*
    If it lands in the Pacific, I'll come over in my boat and we'll share a bottle of good Canadian whiskey.

Don't drink (bit of a party pooper!) You'd probably need to drink it on the way over to assist with navigation.

Don't drink (bit of a party pooper!) You'd probably need to drink it on the way over to assist with navigation.
    Anyone who'd be willing to try crossing the Pacific in my boat would have to be a drinker.
    =))

Anyone who'd be willing to try crossing the Pacific in my boat would have to be a drinker.

=))
    lol 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • AhallAhall Member

Hi all:  New to the site- my son sent this site to me as he knows I have info on this - I guess.  I'll try to make a long story short. About 12 years ago I met a man, now a good friend, that was one- a black ops scientist and 2 then in the CIA. He informs me on many topics: ie- what really happened in Benghazi and why Amb. Stevens was "murdered", input on his work with UFO's and aliens, and also recently this asteroid!  YES, it is coming!  Details are this from what I was told.  He told me a NASA  astrophysicist friend of his sent him an e-mail on this topic.   NASA has been tracking this asteroid for years- and it's orbit has changed because of Nibiru's (planet X) forces.  They project that it will hit west of P. Rico and southeast of Florida.   They estimate the tsunami will be approx. 900 feet high and travel the speed of  a jet airliner.  He said all the islands in the Caribbean will be gone, Florida will be gone-all of it, and the gulf coast and east coast will be wiped out up to 50 miles inland.  Of course the tidal wave will go out in a circle so many lands will be effected.  He estimated that a minimum of 30 million in the U.S. will die- I would think more than that.

He estimated it to hit about Sept 15- 28th of this year.  I know not of it's relationship to Jade Helm but this is possible in my view.  Many federal government agencies are setting up other operation headquaters inland and out of D.C.!

I have had to others tell me of this also.   Note - google 'folding the $20 bill" and see the pictures on both sides.  Now also- fold the new $100 bill as you do the 20.  The picture is - a tidal wave hitting NY city or some large city.   My friend Pastor Lindsey Williams has said for years- the global elite's will tell the public what is coming in movies, TV shows, etc.  The message is in the $100 bill folding.

Now -  Nibiru is real and also coming.  Expected late March-April 2016 for it first passing.  It will go between us and the sun and the earth will be dark for 3 days. The G-forces put on the earth will be huge and destructive.  But, our passing throw the tail of Nibiru will be  more destrutive.   We will have to pass through this tail twice and all the rocks and junk behind Nibiru.  I was told usless you are about 1 mile under the surface you will not make it through this event.  And, you'll have to be there for up to 2 years.  I consider myself dead.

Two places to get more input:  google these names and with it planet X-

Marshall Masters-planet x -  scientist and explains it's coming. Lots of info here.

Bob Fletcher - planet X-  he explains the governments knowledge of ( approx 1980) this event and what they have done for themselves- not you!

Welcome to the forum Ahall.  This would put the first event round the time of the fourth blood moon and the Popes proposed visit to the UN.  Thank you for joining and taking the time to provide this information.

Hi all:  New to the site- my son sent this site to me as he knows I have info on this - I guess.  I'll try to make a long story short. About 12 years ago I met a man, now a good friend, that was one- a black ops scientist and 2 then in the CIA. He informs me on many topics: ie- what really happened in Benghazi and why Amb. Stevens was "murdered", input on his work with UFO's and aliens, and also recently this asteroid!  YES, it is coming!  Details are this from what I was told.  He told me a NASA  astrophysicist friend of his sent him an e-mail on this topic.   NASA has been tracking this asteroid for years- and it's orbit has changed because of Nibiru's (planet X) forces.  They project that it will hit west of P. Rico and southeast of Florida.   They estimate the tsunami will be approx. 900 feet high and travel the speed of  a jet airliner.  He said all the islands in the Caribbean will be gone, Florida will be gone-all of it, and the gulf coast and east coast will be wiped out up to 50 miles inland.  Of course the tidal wave will go out in a circle so many lands will be effected.  He estimated that a minimum of 30 million in the U.S. will die- I would think more than that.

He estimated it to hit about Sept 15- 28th of this year.  I know not of it's relationship to Jade Helm but this is possible in my view.  Many federal government agencies are setting up other operation headquaters inland and out of D.C.!

I have had to others tell me of this also.   Note - google 'folding the $20 bill" and see the pictures on both sides.  Now also- fold the new $100 bill as you do the 20.  The picture is - a tidal wave hitting NY city or some large city.   My friend Pastor Lindsey Williams has said for years- the global elite's will tell the public what is coming in movies, TV shows, etc.  The message is in the $100 bill folding.

Now -  Nibiru is real and also coming.  Expected late March-April 2016 for it first passing.  It will go between us and the sun and the earth will be dark for 3 days. The G-forces put on the earth will be huge and destructive.  But, our passing throw the tail of Nibiru will be  more destrutive.   We will have to pass through this tail twice and all the rocks and junk behind Nibiru.  I was told usless you are about 1 mile under the surface you will not make it through this event.  And, you'll have to be there for up to 2 years.  I consider myself dead.

Two places to get more input:  google these names and with it planet X-

Marshall Masters-planet x -  scientist and explains it's coming. Lots of info here.

Bob Fletcher - planet X-  he explains the governments knowledge of ( approx 1980) this event and what they have done for themselves- not you!

Hello Allen, thanks for joining us. Who is your son, and is he registered with us on this website? If so, what is his user name?
    -------------------
    Welcome Allen, 

This is all very interesting! Do you have any more specifics? I have seen this asteroid thing making the rounds on alternative news websites.

Also, if you have any questions about this site, feel free to send me a personal message. You can do that by clicking on my name > message 
    good thing is if it hits the ocean we survive just another great flood if it hits land were screwed  i think bible calling for a land hit we all burn in that sccernio
    sry hi allen
  • HankHank Member
    Hi Ahall,

Thanks for your posting, not to worry though all things will be done, as so many of the predictions of doom and gloom never came through, yet today we still breathe, laugh and smile. Not to worry for surely the end will not be for quite a while. So till that day as it may, go have some fun go out and play , tomorrow is just another day. The Sun still shines for all mankind so keep in mind all we seek is God's true love for all to find .

I was told usless you are about 1 mile under the surface you will not make it through this event.  And, you'll have to be there for up to 2 years.  I consider myself dead.

So, I need to find a really deep hole.  Then I have to lug down 2 years worth of food, water and lights.  I should also get a really good air conditioner and then maybe I'll survive.  That's assuming that the earthquakes won't cause the cave to collapse and squash me like a bug. 

You'll need a generator to run the air-con tazweiss - oh and a can opener!

Oh great, now I gotta haul down 2 years worth of fuel.  I get the feeling I'm gonna be some tired and sore by the time I get settled in.  Add a bed to the list.

You'll probably get through most of these in that time.
    Image result for books image wikipedia

• Greetings, Folks:

I'm hoping to add this to the discussion, or if I need to, I might start a separate thread, but here goes...

Let's start with the idea that we can eliminate an inbound impactor, or at the least alter its trajectory.

Destruction would require a massive thermonuclear payload, or multiple payloads with a precision deployment - more firepower than is available. So destroying the inbound is out.

Turning to deflection, the key is finding the Intercept Point (IP) where the force applied would cause the trajectory to change just enough to either miss the planet, or skim the atmosphere to either break up or mitigate the impact.

The IP has to be far enough out where available weaponry can make the required course change. And there's problem: we don't have that many launch vehicles to get the payloads there.

Most ICBMs are suborbital boosters, meant to get their payloads in low orbit, then gravity takes over and they reach their targets. Therefore, using Titans or SS-23's would mean the IP has to be in Earth orbit - most likely not getting an IP that would achieve the result.

If a more distant IP is needed, then the only boosters capable of the task would be Delta-3 rockets or old Soviet Energia's, if operational. Even then, the IP would be in near geosynchronous orbit (approx. 25K miles) - and that's cutting it close.

Targeting the inbound itself would not be difficult - the missiles could be radar-guided to IP, or the IP calculated into the guidance package.

And then, there's the golden problem: DETECTION: All of these schemes will work, ONLY IF the impactor was detected out far enough for the boosters to be readied, the payloads loaded, the targeting systems aligned, and THEN comes the risks of success - even IF the impactor is neutralized, we still have meteorites raining down on the planet, PLUS the EMP generated from detonating multiple weapons in Earth orbit.

Now, to expand on the detection side, keep this in mind: two incidents come to mind, recently.

First the Chelyabinsk fireball in February 2013 - NONE of the self-proclaimed astronomy experts saw it until it hit the atmosphere.

Second, a rock came down in the Sudan in 2008, and the same people were high-fiveing each other because they actually detected the inbound - NINETEEN HOURS before it hit.

Doesn’t lend much credence to the idea of “THERE’S NOTHING OUT THERE, SO YOU’RE STUPID!!!”

Because... how would they know?

God forgive me for the time I've wasted..

~ C. Dickens

Now, to expand on the detection side, keep this in mind: two incidents come to mind, recently.

First the Chelyabinsk fireball in February 2013 - NONE of the self-proclaimed astronomy experts saw it until it hit the atmosphere.

Second, a rock came down in the Sudan in 2008, and the same people were high-fiveing each other because they actually detected the inbound - NINETEEN HOURS before it hit.

Doesn’t lend much credence to the idea of “THERE’S NOTHING OUT THERE, SO YOU’RE STUPID!!!”

That's a pretty humbling realization

What do you think of the "star wars" program. Do you believe we have weapons in space?  

Greetings, Folks:

I'm hoping to add this to the discussion, or if I need to, I might start a separate thread, but here goes...

Let's start with the idea that we can eliminate an inbound impactor, or at the least alter its trajectory.

Destruction would require a massive thermonuclear payload, or multiple payloads with a precision deployment - more firepower than is available. So destroying the inbound is out.

Turning to deflection, the key is finding the Intercept Point (IP) where the force applied would cause the trajectory to change just enough to either miss the planet, or skim the atmosphere to either break up or mitigate the impact.

The IP has to be far enough out where available weaponry can make the required course change. And there's problem: we don't have that many launch vehicles to get the payloads there.

Most ICBMs are suborbital boosters, meant to get their payloads in low orbit, then gravity takes over and they reach their targets. Therefore, using Titans or SS-23's would mean the IP has to be in Earth orbit - most likely not getting an IP that would achieve the result.

If a more distant IP is needed, then the only boosters capable of the task would be Delta-3 rockets or old Soviet Energia's, if operational. Even then, the IP would be in near geosynchronous orbit (approx. 25K miles) - and that's cutting it close.

Targeting the inbound itself would not be difficult - the missiles could be radar-guided to IP, or the IP calculated into the guidance package.

And then, there's the golden problem: DETECTION: All of these schemes will work, ONLY IF the impactor was detected out far enough for the boosters to be readied, the payloads loaded, the targeting systems aligned, and THEN comes the risks of success - even IF the impactor is neutralized, we still have meteorites raining down on the planet, PLUS the EMP generated from detonating multiple weapons in Earth orbit.

I agree with MrP, in that this breakdown is indeed humbling from a technological perspective.

I think our main issue, beyond deflection / destruction, is even knowing that these things exist and are coming our way. Right now detection capabilities seem to be far below what they need to be in order to put any sort of effective program into place to "save" the Earth. You mentioned the Chelyabinsk rock, and that's a great example of this. It's humourous (in a scary, ironic sort of way) that on the same day these same scientists that missed the rock's coming were boasting about how they detected another. Hubris never pays off, it would seem.

However, as for deflection, couldn't we use current rocket technology to send up satellites / orbiters / landers into space, by the hundreds if necessary, all crammed with explosive devices, to land on a particular side of an incoming asteroid and cause it to veer away? What do you feel about this solution? I thought it might be possible since we're already landing things everywhere these days.

-------------------

What do you think of the "star wars" program. Do you believe we have weapons in space?  
    Wasn't that program cancelled? Or is the suggestion here that it may have secretly continued? If so, could you elaborate, since that's pretty interesting. 
    -------------------
    edited June 2015

Wasn't that program cancelled? Or is the suggestion here that it may have secretly continued? If so, could you elaborate, since that's pretty interesting. 
    I personally believe it not only continues, but that we literally have rail gun type weapons in space. I feel that america probably owns space and has a weapon so devastating up there, no one could realistically mess with us. There is s scene in Call of Duty I'd love to show you, but can't seem to find a video of it 

found it: 
    edited June 2015
    If you don't want to watch the whole vdieo....skip to about 1:45 in 

watch that for a couple mins...then go to about 4 mins in 
  • Pops asked:

"What do you think of the "star wars" program. Do you believe we have weapons in space?  "

The Strategic Defense Initiative (nicknamed "Star wars" by its detractors) was primarily ground-based and airborne interception systems, but also did extensive research and proof-of-concept projects for orbital components.  It was renamed Ballistic Defense Systems by Bill Clinton, then Missile Defense Agency in 2002.

There WERE (past tense) strong efforts to deploy orbital defense systems, the capstone of which was the Brilliant Pebbles system, basically a shotgun shell in space.  The project terminated in 1994, but the optics and targeting concepts from BP  were very successful, and incorporated in future systems.

I personally have no knowledge of any orbital weapons platforms currently deployed.  If someone here has that data in the public domain, I'd be curious to see it. 

~ C. Dickens

That video was totally awesome. I could easily watch an entire movie of that.

But if America actually did have something like that, how would they be able to hide it from the other nations?
    -------------------

That video was totally awesome. I could easily watch an entire movie of that.

But if America actually did have something like that, how would they be able to hide it from the other nations?
    I don't think it's a secret. I think it's only a secret to the people...No nation is going to be like, "Yeah, fighting the US is hopeless bc they have a weapon in space that practically makes them invincible". 
  • I want to pose a general question (and get back on topic at the same time...):

I have data from an unspecified time - perhaps the last four weeks) where most of the astronomical and observatory websites and public access portals were all offline, almost at the same time - and some of them are still offline even now.

When these sites came back up, the data available had been subtley sanitized, so say star-watchers and stellar enthusiasts.

Can anyone corroborate?

~ C. Dickens

edited June 2015
    Mathazar said:

I want to pose a general question (and get back on topic at the same time...):

I have data from an unspecified time - perhaps the last four weeks) where most of the astronomical and observatory websites and public access portals were all offline, almost at the same time - and some of them are still offline even now.

When these sites came back up, the data available had been subtley sanitized, so say star-watchers and stellar enthusiasts.

Can anyone corroborate?

That is really interesting and strong evidence in itself if true. I have not heard that from any of the other sites I frequent, but astronomy is not thing I really follow on a daily basis. 

I'll make sure to keep an eye out for people mentioning that 
  • MathazarMathazar Member
    edited June 2015
    I can personally verify that JPL's web portal was totally offline last week, for a period of two days - all one could get at their URL was an apology page, and that was it.

~ C. Dickens

Mathazar said:

I want to pose a general question (and get back on topic at the same time...):

Can anyone corroborate?

What in particular was sanitized? Everything, in general? A section section of the sky?

@Rosie_MOD_ often posts on goings on in the skies, so maybe she can weigh in if she knows anything. I hadn't heard about this, and the particular amateur astronomers I tune in to have mentioned nothing about it either. Are there any articles about that mention this event? 
    -------------------
  • MathazarMathazar Member
    edited June 2015

I specifically got reference to JPL (which I checked myself), Palomar and Kitt Peak observatories, and something included US Naval Observatory - Flagstaff, but I couldn't confirm it.

The source I had wasn't specific about the data scrub - he simply mentioned that small changes in dates and observation times were not right - I put it up to intuition, really.

As I said, if anyone can help me prove or disprove, it would go along way... 

~ C. Dickens

Is it possible Mathazar that the downtime on observatories could have anything to do with BPEarthwatch's youtube video on Nibiru (which I posted elsewhere) or some other object they prefer us not to view.   In it he says google have removed a blockout patch and that "Nibiru" or winged object is now revealed.  Last year USGS web page of global heliplots (liss) was down for months under repair (I think that was the reason).  That seemed quite strange.

• cinot1cinot1 Member
    "A day wasted on others is not wasted on one's self"

Charles Dickens.
    "If you watch your mind throughout the day, you will always find that you are bemoaning the past or catastrophizing the future." - Dr. Donna Rockwell

We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know.

W.H.Auden

• cinot1cinot1 Member
    These are the people I look to.

" By day, they might work as ministers, musicians and construction managers. But at night, they pull out their telescopes and scan the starry skies searching for cosmic phenomena.

And sometimes these amateur astronomers happen upon discoveries that rock the scientific community"

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Space/story?id=8221167
    "If you watch your mind throughout the day, you will always find that you are bemoaning the past or catastrophizing the future." - Dr. Donna Rockwell
  • cinot1cinot1 Member
    An asteroid could hit Earth now as you read this, on Aprils fool day 2016, on your birthday, or in September.

Please let this go.

It provokes nothing other than fear.

You could almost see it as a benchmark on this site.
    yea cinot1 we want see it coming thats for sure as for it provokes fear in people well i don't feel afraid i do like reading all the comments posted about the subject were almost at the point of human intelligence that the next time one of these comes our way we gonna change fate 
  • gregas said:

yea cinot1 we want see it coming thats for sure as for it provokes fear in people well i don't feel afraid i do like reading all the comments posted about the subject were almost at the point of human intelligence that the next time one of these comes our way we gonna change fate 

Gregas, I agree that we are nearing the threshold where technology can affect such events. But not yet...

~ C. Dickens

• cinot1cinot1 Member
    "yea cinot1 we want see it coming thats for sure as for it provokes fear in people well i don't feel afraid i do like reading all the comments posted about the subject were almost at the point of human intelligence that the next time one of these comes our way we gonna change fate "

Lets all welcome in fear then.

Maybe we should ask Jewish people what that really feels like.

Or simply ignore the foundations that all religion based their beliefs on.

Lets frighten everyone to death.

And I can post this comment without disguise.
  • Is it possible Mathazar that the downtime on observatories could have anything to do with BPEarthwatch's youtube video on Nibiru (which I posted elsewhere) or some other object they prefer us not to view.   In it he says google have removed a blockout patch and that "Nibiru" or winged object is now revealed.  Last year USGS web page of global heliplots (liss) was down for months under repair (I think that was the reason).  That seemed quite strange.

I saw the video post you made, and honestly, I rarely looked at any of the data related to Nibiru until recently. There's a lot to catch up on.

~ C. Dickens

We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know.

W.H.Auden

Made me laugh, lol.
    -------------------
    As for fear, isn't talking about something and displaying information with as great as clarity as possible the very anthesis of it? To me, fear is silence and inaction. 
    -------------------
  • cinot1cinot1 Member
    Then your view of fear is different to mine. Your in a queue walking gradually towards a gas, (lets say ten years old, holding your Mums hand) chamber, and you feel, "silence and inaction"? I would be in mortal terror and begging whatever God I believed in to get me away from there. Maybe we shoulld not go to the "silence and inaction" they felt when the chamber door was closed on them. Would you like to go there and examine your "silence and inaction" ( And no, before you say it, I am not going over the top. This happen not so very long ago)

Heresay is just that.

Bow to it if you choose. I do not.

And no, (yet again) I am not being nasty and mean. This discussion omits people unlike me and you, that have a genuine interest in astronomy. They are not quaified, but of this I can assure you, if some odd object ever appears in their telescopes, it would be a good time to listen to them.

You have, wheather you like it or not, a responsibility to vunerable people. Ignore it if you choose to. Just don't ask me to.

edited June 2015
    I don't feel you're being nasty or mean, although I find the comparison you made a bit curious, admittedly.

I certainly try my best to fulfill what I feel is my responsibility: provision of the truth, or a sifting away of the chaff, in as great as quantity as possible, in an environment where peace and reason reign.

You mentioned that many people, unlike ourselves, may not have a grasp on astronomy to the degree where they could discern between headlines or issues like the one we posted here, and that's very true - I wish more people would pay attention to what's going on behind the tiny screens in their hands. They might feel quite better as a result, and more confident in the goings on around them.

It always seems like a Catch 22 to me, to express everything on the chance someone may take it the wrong way, or to express nothing in the solacing silence. But if I were to weigh the two, I would probably decide that someone being fearful is the lesser ill they face, since they can allay that fear through their own investigation. Whereas, if I do nothing, I don't even give them the choice. 

It's just my opinion of course, but I always feel that giving people a choice is best. 
    -------------------