Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

After The Dark - a movie

tazweisstazweiss Member
edited December 2015 in Time Out

I just finished watching a very thought provoking movie called After the Dark.  It centered around a group of students doing thought exercises.  Who would you choose for a year in a sealed bunker with finite resources.  I found the movie on youtube.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

Comments

• mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    edited December 2015
    I thought this movie was fantastic, personally. It's a thinker's movie, which is probably why it didn't catch on with many people (and in fact, I don't think many even know it exists). There are deep ideas within it, and I'm a huge fan of thought experiments.

-------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    Am I allowed to choose anyone in the world, or just from the people in the movie?
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • Normally, I only go for movies that have a lot of action.  I'm not one to think too deeply about a movie or to go out of my way to critique a movie.  I've got enough things to occupy my thoughts, movies are escapism for me.  That being said, this movie was well worth watching.  I spent quite a bit of time afterward thinking about what choices I would make.

Who would you choose, of any nine other people in the world?

edited December 2015
    Upon further thought, I honestly don't know of 9 people who I probably wouldn't want to chuck out of the cave after day two or three. And by that, I mean they'd probably chuck me out of the cave long before that.

"Alright guys, let's all go into the ca--"

*the door shuts, and they're all waving goodbye to me from the inside*

-------------------

• "Alright guys, let's all go into the ca--"

*the door shuts, and they're all waving goodbye to me from the inside*

Just show them the note about the exit code.

They'd rue the day. They'd rue it. Since you apparently spent time thinking about who you would like to include, would you be willing to share your list with us?

-------------------
  • My list: 1.  A doctor or nurse

2.  An experienced gardener

3.  A carpenter

4.  An electrician or electrical engineer

5.  A mechanic

6.  An herbalist

7.  An educator

8.  A rancher

9.  A nutritionalist

Why would you include the educator?
    -------------------
  • tazweisstazweiss Member
    edited December 2015

Why would you include the educator?
    Not just anybody can teach and someday there will be children.  I have a pretty good idea of the things the children will have to learn to start over and progress.  But when it comes to academics, I don't know the steps or methods to impart that education.  A good educator helps preserve culture and imparts a love of learning.  Our children will need that as they rebuild.

Good answer - I forgot that we'd all have to leave the cave again someday. 
    -------------------
  • I think that after a year in a cave, people will be close to the point were they'll be starting to grunt and rub their knuckles on the floor.

Far easier to impress the remaining ladies, however - one would just have to club a gazelle and then drag it back. 
    -------------------