WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

Wrong Target

tazweisstazweiss Member, Permitted to post new threads

My wife just got home from work, she was 2 hours late.  As it turns out, she had gone to the hospital after work.

A friend of hers, who she has worked with for 20 years, has a grandson who is the light of her life.  Her grandson, who is in his twenties, has been confined to a wheelchair all of his life.  My wife's friend lives with her grandson and his mother.  On Boxing day morning her daughter called to her and woke her up, calling her into the daughters room.  When she went to her daughters room, her daughter said that she has just felt something snap in her spine.  Her daughter also sounded like she had started to develop a cold.  She was having trouble breathing and sounded like there was some fluid in her lungs.  The daughter said the she felt she was dying and to tell her son she loved him.  Paramedics were called. The paramedics arrived and examined the daughter.  As it turned out it wasn't her daughters spine but very close to it.  The snap she felt, the snap that woke her up, was in fact a bullet entering her back. 

It was a random shooting, a shot that came through the walls of the house and hit her daughter as she was sleeping on her side.  The bullet hit very close to the spine and shattered.  Currently, the daughter is in the hospital in stable but critical condition.  The doctors say that they can't even attempt to remove the bullet for at least three weeks.  Some of the fragments are in her vertebrae and she has to have some time to recover before they try the operation.  One wrong move and the daughter could end up in a wheelchair alongside her son.

It turns out, the house was targeted.  There were 4 bullet holes in the house.  The police think it was drug related and the pukes targeted the wrong house.  Just a random act of violence that could forever change the lives of three people.  An act of violence by some coward who will probably never get caught. 

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

Comments

• That's terrible. One says why do these things happen to people in the same family, even though it's obviously random occurrences.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    That is absolutely insane. Oh my goodness. I will certainly keep her and her family in my prayers 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    We're often tested to our very limits. I wish for her to become well again, and that the individual responsible receives justice, but also reformation to the point where he / she is able to meet her once more with true repentance and apology in pursuit of forgiveness.

He may not realize it, but the bullet has wounded him as much as it has her. There are no coincidences in this life, and I hope that God will guide them both in this absolutely profound and rigorous test. 

Thank you for sharing this with us, Taz. Keep us updated. 
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • tazweisstazweiss Member, Permitted to post new threads

Rosie:  These things happen because Gods greatest gift to us is also our greatest curse, free will.

Mr. P:  I only met my wife's friend once, this past Christmas Eve, so I don't know her very well but I'm sure that she would be thankful for your prayers.

Matt:  I believe that whoever fired those shots will receive justice, if not in this world, then the next.

• Tazweiss: He gave us free will as a test. It either builds our characters or breaks us.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• tazweisstazweiss Member, Permitted to post new threads
    Sometimes I wish he had given us more time to study for the test.