Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

STOP KILLING EVERYTHING, GEEZE: Second Lion Killed in Kenya in 2 Days Reignites Outrage

Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator

This was a bad week to be a lion in Kenya.

On Thursday, a 2½-year-old lion known as Lemek was found killed by a spear, the Kenya Wildlife Service said, one day after the service’s own rangers shot and killed a lion, whom they had hoped to tranquilize and capture, after it lashed out at a crowd that had gathered to gawk at it.

The lion killed on Wednesday, a well-known 13-year-old called Mohawk, injured one person when it charged at the crowd and knocked him off a motorcycle, leaving him with bruises and lacerations.

-------------------
"...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)

Comments

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    P.S.

They killed the first lion with bullets because "they ran out of tranquilizers". 
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • It's sad but I could see it happening.  The first lion charged a crowd, there would be a bit of a panic to stop it.  I've read about the park ranger services in Kenya.  Everything I've read indicates that the rangers are very dedicated and committed to preserving the wildlife.  The only reason I see them killing the lion is if the situation was urgent and they felt they had no other choice at that time.

As for the lion killed by a spear.  In today's world, facing a lion with a spear would have to be an act of desperation.  Either that or plain foolishness.  I would think that hunting an apex predator with a spear is a sure way of getting an eventual nomination for a Darwin Award.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

• Well, don't forget that spears are what allowed us to become an apex predator.
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    African park rangers do indeed seem very dedicated to their jobs. 
    -------------------