Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

MAY-JUNE CHESS TOURNAMENT

Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
edited June 2016 in WEBSITE NEWS

HOW TO PLAY:

# Log in at http://gamesbyemail.com and click on "my turns" to find your game. (If you forget your password, just input your email and then click on "send me password" and it will send you an email with it.)
# Move your piece, and hit "send move". Try for one move per day to keep things going.
# In the event of a tie, replay the game using the in-game options with the colours reversed.

SPECTATOR LINKS:

1. http://gamesbyemail.com/Games/Play?473673977
2. http://gamesbyemail.com/Games/Play?526587927
3. http://gamesbyemail.com/Games/Play?559117482
4. http://gamesbyemail.com/Games/Play?1709240832
5. http://gamesbyemail.com/Games/Play?950956115
6. http://gamesbyemail.com/Games/Play?806872963
7. http://gamesbyemail.com/Games/Play?1369126661
8. http://gamesbyemail.com/Games/Play?193227272
9. http://gamesbyemail.com/Games/Play?774299465

-------------------
"...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)

Comments

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    Putting this up so everyone can see how the tournament will progress.

Once the final exhibitions complete, probably by the weekend, I'll draw the brackets and colours.

If anyone else wants to hop into the tournament before Monday May 30th, just let me know and I'll adjust the tree.
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • gregasgregas Member
    ill play a side game or 2 till the 30th?

“One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.” ― Nikola Tesla
    If anyone wants any exhibitions set up, just me know and I'll arrange that.
    -------------------
  • Rosie_MOD_Rosie_MOD_ Moderator
    Happy to join the next one, but what happened to the last one? Did it close early?

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

Happy to join the next one, but what happened to the last one? Did it close early?
    Well it didn't really "close" per se, we're just turning it into a tournament instead, and counting those other games as practice exhibitions - I just thought I would give anyone else who wanted in an opportunity to jump aboard before it resumes.

The main reason for this transformation is that I came face to face with the work entailed in managing even just a small league - the prospect of scheduling 60 games became a bit overwhelming, so I thought I would change it into a tournament instead with around 9 games total. In the end it achieves the exact same thing - all of us get to play, and there will be a resolute winner in the end.

This way once a tournament finishes, we can start a new one, and I don't have to worry about scheduling everything because the tree takes care of itself. *slumps exhausted in chair*
    -------------------
    Matt said
    the tree takes care of itself.
    Hope it doesn't need pruning to often!

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

Matt said
    the tree takes care of itself.
    Hope it doesn't need pruning to often!
    I'll be pruned soon enough, lol.
    -------------------
  • Stop looking my way when you say that!
    Player draw will take place today.
    -------------------
    Matches drawn, games begin Monday!
    -------------------
    Matches begun. If anyone can't see their match, let me know. Also remember to check spam boxes just in case, or login at gamesbyemail.com and then click on "my turns" to see your game.
    -------------------
    been into the website and checked my emails.  The game shows chess and backgammon on 30 May but I can't "do" anything. Tried clicking on my number in the back gammon and nothing happens with that or the dice.

been into the website and checked my emails.  The game shows chess and backgammon on 30 May but I can't "do" anything. Tried clicking on my number in the back gammon and nothing happens with that or the dice.
    There should be a second backgammon game now - the first one apparently didn't work. Lynsey goes first (with the aim of teaching you how to play), so she needs to move before you can.
    -------------------
    Oh good, the one I brought up even this afternoon had me as white.

@gregas
    @mrpops09_CMOD_

Is your guys' game not working?
    -------------------
    I forgot to make provision for ties, so on the chance they show up, the match will simply be replayed with colours reversed. Easy enough to do right in the existing game options.
    -------------------
  • mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    edited May 2016
    @gregas
    @mrpops09_CMOD_

It's working. Yesterday was a holiday in the US. I was busy consuming alcohol irresponsibly. I made the fist move moments ago and we are up and running 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    @gregas
    @mrpops09_CMOD_

It's working. Yesterday was a holiday in the US. I was busy consuming alcohol irresponsibly. I made the fist move moments ago and we are up and running 
    Lol, alright.
    -------------------
    Good Game @Farmer_Sean ;
    You had me on lock down 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • gregasgregas Member
    your go mrp

“One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.” ― Nikola Tesla
    Will be offline for next 5-1/2 hours if any games happen to be posted with me as an opponent.

The first round still needs to complete - Sean and I drew so we have to replay - so there still a bit of relaxation time before the next.
    -------------------
  • Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator
    Men! *Rolling eye*
    "Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
    “The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
    "If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer
    lol

-------------------
    Whelp, after playing farmer and greg, my opinion of my chess skills has been humbled lol 
    edited June 2016
    Alright, first round over!
    Tourney tree updated.
    First comeback bracket match is activated and underway (Rosie vs Sean), good luck!
    The rest of us will take a short break while the comeback brackets play out.

In the mean time, Greg, I've challenged you to an exhibition game of something... fun... to test it out for the rest of us.
    -------------------
  • gregasgregas Member
    im on if you want to start it

gregas said:
    im on if you want to start it

You can start it any time you like, you're white - I'll pop on with a move when I can this evening, here and there.
    -------------------
  • gregasgregas Member
    i had to work late today
  • gregasgregas Member
    im liking the chess  thats for sure
    gregas said:
    im liking the chess  thats for sure
    How do you feel about backgammon? Do you enjoy that too?

(P.S. My chess move will come sporadically tonight)
    -------------------
  • gregasgregas Member
    no backgammon suks i have no idea what im doing but i tried to learn by just playing

keep the backgammon, you will learn to love it
    “The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
    "If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer
    Do the gamesbyemail have  a Mahjong option? and does anyone play it?

keep the backgammon, you will learn to love it
    I'm completely addicted to it now, having not thought much of it at first.
    -------------------
    Do the gamesbyemail have  a Mahjong option? and does anyone play it?
    I always see people playing it in movies that I watch, but I don't know how to play it myself. I don't think it's an option on that website yet (neither is Japanese chess, to my chagrin), but he adds new games from time to time.
    -------------------
    Mahjong is fun. It's just matching up the tiles.  There's downloadable solitaire games you can play.

I'll see if I can give it a go sometime.
    -------------------
    edited June 2016
    Alright, tourney tree updated, and next round of chess matches have begun!

- Lynsey* vs Greg
    - MrP* vs Sean

(People with * must login on website to make first move)
    -------------------
    Thanks Matt! xx
  • gregasgregas Member
    lynsey your making my head hurt good game sofar
    Yes it is, sorry for the delay.. not always here
    Game between Greg and Team Lynsey = nuts.
    -------------------
    Im trying to keep it going till we are out of the EU
    Lol.
    -------------------
  • gregasgregas Member
    good game lynsey good luck on final game matt she is a beast
    Thanks Gregas, Great game!
    edited June 2016
    I actually still have to face off against the comeback bracket winner!
    -------------------
    Tree updated.
    -------------------
    Next semi-final game underway:
    MrP (white) vs Matt (black)
    -------------------
    edited June 2016
    Thanks for the game, MrP
    -------------------
    Alright, final two matches of this chess tournament are underway!

Bronze medal match: Greg vs MrP
    Gold medal match: Matt vs Lynsey
    -------------------
    Thanks for the game, MrP
    Twas a good one. I forgot why I had my queen there lol 
  • gregasgregas Member
    cant log in again

• gregasgregas Member
    nm i got it
    Greg, I broke my phone this weekend Hope to be on more monday when back at office 
    Good game, Lynsey - and congratulations on becoming the champion!
    -------------------
  • gregasgregas Member
    lynsey i want a rematch
    Thanks!!!!