WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

JULY 2016 BACKGAMMON LEAGUE

Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
edited July 2016 in WEBSITE NEWS AND EVENTS

HOW TO DO A TURN:

1. Login at http://www.gamesbyemail.com.
2. Click "my turns" at the top.
3. Click on the game.
4. Move your piece and hit "send move".

LEAGUE FORMAT:

1. This league has three rounds. During each round, every player plays every other player simultaneously.
2. The player with the most wins at the end of three rounds holds the league title.
3. In the event of a tie for first, whoever won the most games in the series determines the winner.
-------------------
"...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)

Comments

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    edited June 2016

If you don't know how to play but would like to participate, I'd be happy to teach anyone interested - it's a very easy game to learn, and super fun and addictive.

-------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    *signs up*
    -------------------
  • Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator
    *signs up*
    "Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
    “The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
    "If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer
  • gregasgregas Member, Permitted to post new threads
    im in
    “One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.” ― Nikola Tesla
    Blot. Err, I mean, bump.
    -------------------
  • RosieRosie Member, Permitted to post new threads
    Signs in.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• Someone needs to keep all you punks in line, so I'm in.
    People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
    - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
    Alright, we have 5 so far - do we have a sixth for a nice even number with which to begin the league?
    -------------------
    Mrpops be a man!
    “The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
    "If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer
    edited June 2016
    Mrpops be a man!
    LOL

No one gets in between Lynsey and backgammon
    -------------------
  • People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
    The game is indeed that good. Hey, who's going to clean up that knocked over spittoon?
    -------------------
    Last call, last call. Do we have anyone else who would like to join?

-------------------
    Mrpops be a man!
    LOL

No one gets in between Lynsey and backgammon

edited July 2016
    League underway.
    Round 1 games active.
    Good luck!
    -------------------
    Good Luck!
    @Rosie_MOD_
    @Farmer_Sean

get first moves, forgot to mention it
    -------------------
    Havent had a link yet?

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

If you log in at http://www.gamesbyemail.com, then click on "My turns", the game should appear
    -------------------
    Thanks, will do so when I arrive home shortly.

edited July 2016
    Sounds good *breathes on the dice before you get there*
    -------------------
    Just for here on in, whoever has the first turn always has to log in at the game website - it doesn't send out the first email for created games because it thinks the person is already on the website to make the first move - but every turn afterward though it should send out a letter.
    -------------------
    edited July 2016
    Sounds good *breathes on the dice before you get there*
    Wondered why they were blank.  Finally found eight black dots on the floor

Lynsey, I'm going to start our game of the next round today so that perhaps we can get a view turns in beforehand. You get to go first!
    -------------------
    Good game, Lynsey - I owe the dice lunch after that
    -------------------
    Great Game Matt! well played!
    Alright - I'm going to implement a new scheduling process since we're falling a bit behind:

From here on in, a new round will begin (God willing) every Monday, so there may be some cases where a person is finishing a previous game while starting a new round. We should aim to complete a round in a week, but if not, this will allows us to keep things moving.

Round two begins Monday, July 18th.
    -------------------
    sounds good
    Round 2 underway.

Sean gets the first move.
    (Lynsey and I have concluded our game already).

Round 3 begins July 25th or earlier.
    -------------------
    Our game's still to start so will recheck it in the morning.

Lynsey - are you averse to playing two games at once next round to get the schedule up to speed?
    -------------------
    No, I would be fine doing this
    Next round underway.
    -------------------
    Lynsey, you get the first moves in both your games.
    -------------------
    sorry didnt realise, will log in
    In order to get Greg caught up, I've added three additional games to this round (first player listed goes first, and as always must log in at website to make first move):

Lynsey vs Greg
    Rosie vs Greg
    Matt vs Greg
    -------------------
    All players are currently playing multiple games, so be sure to log in at the website and click on "My Turns" to see the games awaiting your actions when you make your daily moves.
    -------------------
    Round 2 (of 3) set to begin Monday.
    -------------------
    Wow! A losing streak of 3. At least I'm consistent =)

• gregasgregas Member, Permitted to post new threads
    sry yall ive been really busy with work ill get on to play as i can
    “One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.” ― Nikola Tesla
    gregas said:
    sry yall ive been really busy with work ill get on to play as i can
    It's alright - backgammon is the kind of game where a person could play 10 or more games at once and not break a sweat. I'll just add the next round onto your current games. They'll all get played eventually, so it's fine.
    -------------------
    edited July 2016
    The Lynsey-Sean match was pretty intense, with a huge last-minute reversal. I have a feeling that particular rivalry is far from concluded. 
    -------------------
    Wow! A losing streak of 3. At least I'm consistent =)
    Still 5 more games to play - consistency can be the harbinger of victory!
    *trumpets roar*
    -------------------
    *huddles in corner*

edited July 2016
    Actually 9, pardon me. 3 x 4 opponents.

-------------------
    Alright, good people:

1. Round two games have been added. Be sure to always log in on the website and click "my turns" to see what games are awaiting your actions.

2. I've started labeling the games with the participants for ease of use.
    -------------------
    If anyone needs me, I'll be sulking in the corner hugging my backgammon board.
    -------------------
     :whistle: 
  • If anyone needs me, I'll be sulking in the corner hugging my backgammon board.
    Plenty of seats over here at the loser's table!  And cookies!
    *Beckons*
    People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
    edited August 2016
    God willing, third and final round of the July League begins Monday!
    (I'll put the games up today for anyone who would like to begin early.)
    -------------------
    Lynsey, does the game between you and I show up on your "My Turns" page? I think I may have typo'd your email. Let me know if it doesn't.
    -------------------
    Our July League has concluded!
    Congratulations to Lynsey for becoming our reigning league champion!

Those still playing games can continue them (Lynsey has won the league mathematically so it won't make a difference to the standings).

Let's take a week or so break before we start the August league.
    It will feature a brand new format, God willing, that will hopefully be even more fun and allow for more comfortable scheduling.
    -------------------
    Thank you!