WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

Invitation to Lurkers to Participate in Discussions/Posting

I've recently noticed that many posts will have a dozen or more views without any comments in them, until inevitably someone like Matt, MrPops, Rosie or myself comes along and says something.

I'm not sure how many of those views are people just visiting once from Google and how many are bots, but if there is anyone who comes here often only to read I'd like to personally invite you to join us in participating in this forum.  We can always use more thoughts, criticisms and perspectives, and additional posts about news and events that we might not be aware of.

If you'd like to talk about the news and politics, you'll find discussion partners at the Crisis Forums.  If you'd like to talk about conspiracies you'll find discussion partners at the Crisis Forums.  If you'd like to have civil conversations about theology and philosophy, you will find discussion partners at the Crisis Forums.  If you'd like to turn a post on this forum into a headquarters for the investigation into some mystery or crime, you'll find people willing to assist you with that.  In fact, if you'd like to lose games of Backgammon to Matt and Lynsey, our tournament could always use extra players - even if you're new here.

Anyhow, that's all I'd like to say about that.  Join us, share and discuss, and prosper!

- Farmer Sean
People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
- Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Comments

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    edited August 2016
    We certainly have lurkers, because they show up from time to time and announce that they've been reading for a while, until a particular topic appears that compels them to leave a comment. Mysteries seem to be the ones that do it. I've been trying to take this website away from politics and things like that, and towards the cool and interesting things like UFOs and so on.

That said, I've been trying to persuade lurkers for an untold number of years, but I've yet to fall upon the secret of doing so. I think they have comment meters on them that require filling before they're able to leave a comment.

-------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    edited August 2016
    *reads thread, silently passes through* 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • RosieRosie Member, Permitted to post new threads
    By popular demand:
    Camo Lurker Gear - Every outfit  comes complete with bonus mittens to reinforce resistance to posting comments, and bonus Camo Hood means you'll never need to comb your real hair again.

and to compensate for obstructed vision ...
      YOUR VERY OWN guide dog sporting  complementary camouflage coat
    Image result for guide dog in camouflage coat

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

*reads thread, silently passes through* 

-------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    @Rosie_MOD_
    Awesome raincoat - boots included!
    -------------------
    @Rosie_MOD_
    Awesome raincoat - boots included!

Last time I saw someone in one of those I accidentally pruned him,  added a festoon of twinkling lights and put garden edging round him.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• anonanon (To comment anonymously, log in as "anon" and use password "1234".)
    i could be classed as a lurker i come every so often to read about eliza lam
    Thank you anon for participating :)   We look forward to reading the ongoing thoughts of yourself and others round the world on unfolding topics. We are living through interesting times in which changes happen in the twinkling of an eye. Often input of viewers offers new perspectives on events or highlights news that we may miss.