WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

Darwin police search for four who set saltwater crocodiles loose in school office

RosieRosie Member, Permitted to post new threads

Darwin police search for four who set saltwater crocodiles loose in school office

Updated about 8 hours ago

Darwin police are searching for four young males who set three saltwater crocodiles loose in a school administration office.

The reptiles were captured with the help of a ranger at Taminmin College at Humpty Doo on Sunday morning.

Senior Constable David Gregory said it was not yet known where the animals came from but all were in a poor condition.

"The ranger that turned up was very concerned for them — they had their mouths taped up," he said.

"They haven't seen water for a long time and are undernourished."

GIF: Crocodiles released at NT school

After they had set the crocodiles loose, the offenders then entered the building with their heads covered and ransacked the office, Constable Gregory said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-21/saltwater-crocodiles-set-loose-in-darwin-school/7770750

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

Comments

• RosieRosie Member, Permitted to post new threads
    Humpty Doo is around 24km or more south of Darwin.

One of my co workers (male) at an office in Darwin where I worked many years ago threw a sack with a goanna in it into my office while I was sitting at the desk. It raced out of the bag, just missing me and climbed up behind another desk.  Didn't wait around to see whether it was friendly. Refused to re-enter office until it had been caught. The phones went crazy till it was let loose outside.  
    Goannas can be extremely dangerous as they will climb a person ripping their skin open and cause serious infections. If you see one in a park it's a good idea to get up on anything out of their reach as "domesticated" ones that have fed on picnic food are more likely to attack.  Unlike the perpetrator I didn't see the funny side.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• RosieRosie Member, Permitted to post new threads

Here's an example of how frightening and dangerous they can be.