WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

THREE HUNDRED reindeer killed by a single lightning bolt while huddling together in Norway

More than 300 wild reindeer have been killed by lighting in central Norway in what wildlife officials are calling an unusually large natural disaster.

The Norwegian Environment Agency has released eerie images showing reindeer carcasses scattered across a small area on the Hardangervidda mountain plateau.

The agency says 323 animals were killed, including 70 calves.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3763329/Lightning-strike-kills-300-reindeer-Norway.html

"Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
“The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
"If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer

Comments

• mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    God is like, "screw these deer in particular" 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    Curious.
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • RosieRosie Member, Permitted to post new threads
    Hardly seems possible.  Appears more like "grazing" than "huddled".

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

Another newspaper said "are known to stand fairly close together" a far cry from "huddled"

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

from rt.com
    Published on Aug 29, 2016
    NOTE: Lightning shown in the footage has occurred on the same day and in the same area as that where the reindeer were killed. It is however impossible to tell whether it was this exact lightening which killed the reindeer.

If the chances of getting struck by lightning are slim, the chances of 323 reindeer getting struck by lightning must be miniscule, but that’s exactly what seems to have happened on a mountain plateau in Norway.

READ MORE: http://on.rt.com/7nv3

In examining the video it would appear that some of the reindeer have reached the point of bloating which one would imagine happens after at least a few hours depending on the temperature.  As the article states it's not known whether the same lightning killed the reindeer that was seen on the same day of filming. Other articles state "It's thought lightning was the cause"

Shouldn't some of the reindeer show burns or charring if it was indeed lightning that struck them? They all seemed to have simply fallen over.
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    Aside from the ones that seem to have had their antlers blown off...
    -------------------
    Yes, I noticed the antlers that's really strange. You couldn't snap them off easily, surely. Maybe if lightning hit the ground and then shot upward that blew them off. Could the herd have been strafed by some sort of pulse or a practice run with a drone?  Electrocuted myself (mildly) once and that small amount threw me across the room, so if they were all hit by lightning some should have landed on top of each other.