Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

Canadian Military Received Nearly 1,000 Sexual Assault Reports in Past Year

GrumpyGuy_MOD_GrumpyGuy_MOD_ Moderator
edited November 2016 in News Updates
Some 960 members of the Canadian military reported being victims of sexual assault in the last year, and 27 percent of women in the armed forces have been sexually assaulted during their career, Statistics Canada said on Monday.

The landmark survey, commissioned by the military, found 1.7 percent of regular force members of the military had been sexually assaulted in the last 12 months, nearly double the 0.9 percent rate of sexual assault among working Canadians.

According to the Statistics Canada survey, 840 military members reported unwanted sexual touching, 150 reported sexual attack, and 110 sexual activity without consent in the 12 months before the survey was conducted.

The survey, which garnered more than 43,000 responses and a 61 percent response rate among regular force members, found that women were four times more likely than men to report being sexually assaulted in the last year.
Women make up about 15 percent of Canada's armed forces.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-canada-military-sexcrimes-idUSKBN13N1MV?il=0

People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
- Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Comments

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    edited November 2016
    George Washington, for good reason, said that nations should not have standing, professional armies, particularly because they promote particular sorts of culture, and via that, attract particular sorts of individuals. A lack of respect on a personal level often translates to instability on the national level, since personal behaviour tends to magnify upward.

This, of course, reflects from all sectors of society.

Now, consider this: what would these numbers have looked like if they included the manifold crimes committed internally and externally when acting illegally and immorally in other parts of the world?
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • tazweisstazweiss Member, Permitted to post new threads

Once, when we were getting ready for an event in our dress uniforms, one of the female members had a large piece of lint on her shoulder.  I reached over and picked it off.  She turned and yelled at me, "How dare you touch me without my permission!"  She almost made it seem that I had tried to "cop a feel".  That's how easily allegations of sexual assault can happen.

As the saying goes: When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment.               

When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's $5.99 a minute.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    There were a few reports back regarding colleges stating that one in every three (or some really cutting statistic) college girls experienced some form of rape over their time there, but when investigated, basically everything was considered "rape": from actual rape, to an unnecessary pat on the bum, to maybe even women engaging in some consensual activity but then reversing their thoughts after the matter.

Of course, I don't mention this to diminish the disgusting nature of someone doing something to someone else for which they haven't given their permission. I just point it out because when everything is "rape", nothing is, and it diminishes the true severity of the crime. It also obfuscates the situation in two ways: first, men unfortunately become predators in people's minds, and I imagine it leaves a lot of them confused, since I would like to think that the vast majority of men still have great good in them and would never do such a thing; and second, and quite strangely, it actually appears that men experience just as many inappropriate touches, advances, and outright attacks, so a whole bunch of crimes go completely unnoticed. Basically, when the situation is exaggerated, the important part of all this, that women and men shouldn't be harangued in a sexual way, gets lost in argumentation.

A woman running up to a man and giving him a hug is not a "sexual attack", surely. Nor is a man removing a piece of lint from someone's shoulder. In fact, if other people didn't remove the lint from my shoulders I would look like a Tibetan mastiff, because I'm basically a magnet for tiny threads, feather stuffing, fluffs from clothing I've never been in contact with in my life, and all sorts of assorted textile fragments. 
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)