WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

Canadian Marijuana Advocates Wondering Why Arrests Continue in Spite of Plans to Legalise

Canada will soon introduce legislation to legalise recreational marijuana. Pot advocates are not as happy as you might think.

The Cannabis Culture dispensary in downtown Toronto gets a steady stream of foot traffic around noon on a weekday.

But Marc Emery, who helped set up the franchise that flouts Canadian drug laws by selling pot to anyone over 19, is annoyed.

The dispensary had been raided the day before by Toronto police.

"It's the government's intention to legalise it. So why is the government still arresting people?" he asks.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38083738

People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
- Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Comments

• tazweisstazweiss Member, Permitted to post new threads
    I may be way off base here but maybe the reason police are still arresting people for possession of pot, is because until the law changes, pot is still illegal.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

• mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    tazweiss said:
    I may be way off base here but maybe the reason police are still arresting people for possession of pot, is because until the law changes, pot is still illegal.
    You were to think those people were high or something for such a stupid comment 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • hansel49hansel49 Member, Permitted to post new threads
    This just in: Trump wondering why he still can't nuke Iran despite plans to make him president.
    11-13 Illinois
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    hansel49 said:
    This just in: Trump wondering why he still can't nuke Iran despite plans to make him president.
    I imagine he also wonders why all the men in black robes are tying strings to his arms and legs in preparation for January
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)