WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

Friday Night Music - Annie Lennox . Allison Krauss, Eric Clapton, Karunesh

RosieRosie Member, Permitted to post new threads
edited December 2016 in Culture & Fun

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

Comments

• RosieRosie Member, Permitted to post new threads

Allison Krauss  and Friends - The Boxer. A tribute to Paul Simon

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

Eric Clapton - My Father's Eyes

Karunesh - Journey of the Heart

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    Journey of the Heart is excellent.

And of course, a little Bizet never hurt anyone:

-------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    Comparing the amount of time and thought put into musical pieces of past centuries and also into art of the rennaissance period to what's been produced since, it's apparent that quality and artisanship in these endeavours  have been on a declining scale for hundreds of years.  Sacrificing time spent doing a job properly to achieve quick results and a fast sale definitely leads to the decline of modern society on many fronts.

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    A big difference I suppose is that in those times, one could pursue a higher interest and still maintain a life, whereas now, it's pretty much impossible (and perhaps deliberately so). Added to this, there was a general movement within society to nurture these sorts of pursuits, whereas now, only the satanic "market" tells us what to do and not to do.

I go into an art gallery these days and see magnificent paintings from 200 years ago, but the only things produced today are "abstract" creations produced mostly of throwing random objects together into a pile. Well, not entirely true, since the past century produced some magnificent pieces by individuals who still took pride in beautiful, thought-provoking art.

Twice now I've walked into an art gallery and seen artistic compositions produced from ephemera scattered around my home. Literally, the exact same two objects.

-------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)