WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

'Life threatening' arctic blast chills northern United States with temperatures dropping to minus 30

Winter has taken the northern United States by storm this weekend – quite literally – with 'life threatening cold' hitting the North Dakota area and snow and ice complicating holiday travel in the Midwest and Northeast.

The arctic air that has chilled large swaths of the northern United States for days will culminate this weekend with dangerous cold in Montana and North Dakota as heavy snow falls in other parts of the country, officials said.

People in North Dakota face 'life threatening cold' and the risk of frostbite with exposure of 10 minutes or less, the National Weather Service (NWS) said in an advisory.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4043656/Life-threatening-arctic-blast-chills-northern-United-States-temperatures-dropping-minus-THIRTY-heavy-snowfall-expected.html

"Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
“The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
"If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer

Comments

• Holiday celebrations cancelled as bitter cold front sweeps across the Midwest: Lake Michigan light house is turned into an ice cube

Dangerous, record-low temperatures kept most of the Midwest inside over the weekend, but one photographer braved the chill to capture this breathtaking photograph of a frozen lighthouse. The lighthouse in St Joseph, Michigan was completely covered in ice, giving it the appearance of a castle from a fantasy film rather than Lake Michigan. Photographer Joshua Nowicki told Daily Mail Online that he donned a 6mm winter wetsuit, complete with booties, gloves and boots with spikes, when he went out to take pictures on Friday night and Saturday morning.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4048632/Frozen-Lake-Michigan-lighthouse-transforms-stunning-ice-castle.html

"Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
    “The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
    "If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer
  • Rosie_MOD_Rosie_MOD_ Moderator
    edited December 2016
    America's beginning to look like Russia!  Maybe they hacked the weather?

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• tazweisstazweiss Member, Permitted to post new threads

I have spent most of my life, living in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.  Years ago, I met a woman who had moved here with her family when she was 15 years old.  She had been born and raised in Siberia.  When I once asked her about winter in Siberia, she said that the weather in Edmonton was pretty much the same as her former home.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator

Kills me, lol
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)