Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

200 red-winged blackbirds fall from the sky and die in New Jersey

Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator

No one knows why more than 200 red-winged blackbirds fell from the sky in South Jersey.

Just ahead of Thanksgiving, scores of dead birds rained down on Cumberland County. It was the second time in less than a month that saw birds mysteriously die, with a similar incident occurring in a North Jersey farming area earlier this year.

“They just fell from the sky,”New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection spokesperson Larry Hanja told philly.com.

Following the most recent incident, DEP’s division of Fish and Wildlife cleaned up the birds and collected some to send off to the state lab for necropsy, toxicology and histopathology tests.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/200-red-winged-blackbirds-fall-sky-die-n-article-1.2925346

-------------------
"...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)

Comments

• I have doubts that no one knows why. The same thing happened a few years back, red wing blackbirds fell out of the sky. Google bye bye blackbird USDA and there's an article and picture . I'm not saying that the USDA poisoned the birds but they had a program for many years called bye bye blackbird. Read the article. So much of our wildlife is disappearing and the birds are finding it harder and harder to live in this toxic world. I hate the fireworks on New Years eve and  the 4 th of July because the birds i feed don't come around for a long time. I think some leave because there's lots of fireworks for hours where I live.
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    lovebird said:
    I have doubts that no one knows why. The same thing happened a few years back, red wing blackbirds fell out of the sky. Google bye bye blackbird USDA and there's an article and picture . I'm not saying that the USDA poisoned the birds but they had a program for many years called bye bye blackbird. Read the article. So much of our wildlife is disappearing and the birds are finding it harder and harder to live in this toxic world. I hate the fireworks on New Years eve and  the 4 th of July because the birds i feed don't come around for a long time. I think some leave because there's lots of fireworks for hours where I live.
    Good info LB, and welcome to the website.

Interestingly enough, the death of birds en masse around New Years of 2011 is precisely what sparked the creation of this website five years ago. 
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • From memory that's the topic where I first found crisisforums as I was very interested in the deaths of thousands of birds in Western Australia which turned out to be from lead poisoning. This is from 2012.   Two articles I tried to access today prior to this one had been removed and came up as "not found".  It would seem possible they're being quietly removed.

The Border Mail

Esperance's lead poisoning disaster finally cleaned up

Courtney Trenwith
    1 Jun 2012, 9:44 a.m.

The clean-up from one of the state's worst environmental disasters - lead poisoning in Esperance - is due to be completed this month, more than five years after thousands of birds died and elevated lead levels were detected in children.

Rainwater tanks across the south-eastern town also were found to have lead and nickel levels exceeding the standard for safe drinking water after lead transported through the area leaked.

Since establishing a clean-up program in 2008, the state government has spent $25 million testing 2320 homes and commercial properties for traces of the toxic substance.

Of those tested 1775 properties needed to be cleaned, with roofs, gutters, carpets, rainwater tanks and external surfaces cleared of any contamination.

The disaster unravelled in 2006 when thousands of birds suddenly died.

It was discovered lead dust was escaping during transportation from Wiluna mine near Kalgoorlie to the Esperance Port and during loading and storage processes.

The lead had been transported in dusty granules rather than heavier pellets, which produce fewer airborne contaminants.

The Department of Health carried out the largest blood lead survey ever conducted in Western Australia.

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/49855/esperances-lead-poisoning-disaster-finally-cleaned-up/

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."