Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

Volcano Activity Strengthening Around The World - Costa Rica in the cross hairs?

Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
edited December 2016 in Disasters

Volcanoes Campi Flegrei in Italy, Sakurajima in Japan, Pavlof in Alaska, Popocatépetl in Mexico and Iturrialba in Costa Rica among others showed signs of reawakening in the last semester of 2016, sounding the alarm among the scientist community that warns about a chain of imminent eruptions.

Throughout history, volcanoes have inspired fear and admiration as well. Vesubio (Italy), Mount Tambora (Indonesia), Laki (Iceland), Mount St. Hellen (USA) and Nevado del Ruiz (Colombia) are just some of the volcanoes that have ravaged entire populations in different periods of time, killing thousands of people and turning vast areas into a desert of fire, ashes and sulfuric gases. But, strange as it may sound, volcano activity has become an item of the so-called eco/adventure tourism, thanks to the unmatched, unique spectacle of lights and sound that offers a moderated eruption.

According to experts, it takes 500 years for a supervolcano to reawaken, even less. And this seems to be the case of Campli Flegrei in the west of Naples, Italy, an extensive volcanic that boasts 24 craters and its cauldron-like depression was formed 39,000 years before as part of the biggest eruption that Europe has experienced in the last 200,000 years.

http://thecostaricanews.com/volcano-activity-strengthening-around-world/

-------------------
"...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)

Comments

• A few months ago, I watched a documentary about the Yellowstone super volcano.  It turns out that Yellowstone may not be a super volcano after all.  Geologists are starting to suspect that Yellowstone may actually be a hyper volcano.  Truly terrifying.  Apparently, a hyper volcano can send bus size boulders sub-orbital. 

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    tazweiss said:
    A few months ago, I watched a documentary about the Yellowstone super volcano.  It turns out that Yellowstone may not be a super volcano after all.  Geologists are starting to suspect that Yellowstone may actually be a hyper volcano.  Truly terrifying.  Apparently, a hyper volcano can send bus size boulders sub-orbital. 
    ...I hadn't even heard of a "hyper volcano" until now. So basically, it gets even worse for us?
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • tazweisstazweiss Member
    edited January 1

I hadn't heard of a hyper volcano either, before that documentary. 

A super volcano could create an ash cloud that would circle the world.  Imagine a volcano that can cause huge boulders to impact in Europe and Asia.  Not to mention the ash cloud.

I've been trying to re-located that documentary, I believe it was a Discovery channel show.

If you do, let us now-- I'd certainly be interested in checking that out
    -------------------
  • My bad memory ran away on me.  The documentary I talked about wasn't a documentary.  It was an episode of "Doomsday: 10 ways the world will end".  It was a speculation on the effects if Yellowstone was a hyper-volcano.  Sorry.

Thanks, I'll see if I can check out more info on it
    -------------------