WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

Meyer Briggs Personality Tests

hansel49hansel49 Member, Permitted to post new threads
edited January 11 in Science & Learning
16personalities.com

Little personal story:
A few years ago a friend had me take a personality test that used the Meyer Briggs system to determine a generalized personality out of 16 seperate ones.

I was given the result INFJ, "The Protector", and read a brief description I felt somewhat fit, but never really looked deeper into it. It did however, stay dormant in my mind, just due to the silliness of how much I loved the title and felt it fit me and who I've always strived to be in life.

I matured much since then, and decided to take the test around a year ago to see the results out of sheer curiousity. I felt like a different person; learning to talk to people, and notice things much more externally. The results of the test were determined by who I was forcing myself to be in order to interact and do what I needed for my intentions, I didn't really feel it fit so I disregarded whatever it's results were and moved on.

Recently I've met a friend who's managed to rip apart a lot of what I thought I was. Around them I've fell from the confident lion to the whining puppy. It's terrified me how badly I want them to understand me, yet I lost any qualities that might help further that desire in their presence.

Gratefully, they've turned out to be one of the most patient and understanding people with my refound social awkwardness toward them. In getting to know me, they've told me they feel protected with me, which struck memories of that old title that stuck in my subconscious. 

So a few days ago I decided to take the personality test listed above, curious as to what it might say after this somewhat of a social crisis. Once again, I was given INFJ, this time under the title "The Advocate"(which sucks). After I read the profile on that site, being much more detailed than my the first test I took, it bugged me how spot on it is. 

Intrigued though, I delved into looking at patterns of my personality. After a couple days of constant studying, I find it ridiculious how much it can tell about me, when I've never thought I could be understood(especially through an online test). The patterns an INFJ exhibit include that we have the tendency to emulate a personality in order to help our desires.

I figured it has helped me in personal reflection and seems like understanding of these patterns can be used to help further social understanding, especially if there are any who felt like me frequenting the forums. So I implore everyone to look into their results, along with articles around your type and see how accurate they might be, possibly getting the feeling of understanding I have.

Aside from all that...
What are everyone's thoughts on these personality patterns if you've studied them at all?
How do you think these could be used by corporations and governments in order for their purposes?(and how are they already?)
11-13 Illinois

Comments

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    Thanks for sharing that personal story with us, Hans-- I for one found it illuminating, and can identify with the struggle of not only trying to communicate oneself to others on a core level, but understanding that core oneself.

While I'm short for time at the moment, God willing I'm going to take this test this evening and look into this further so I can share my further thoughts. I've never taken this test before, so I suppose it will be interesting to see... who I actually am, lol.

I'd like everyone here to take the above test and share their results. I will continue to menacingly bump this thread until that happens.
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    I'm experimenting with a new category label called "Matt's Pick"-- basically an editorial selection of threads that I feel are interesting and worth everyone's attention. This thread will be the first one in that mix.
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • hansel49hansel49 Member, Permitted to post new threads
    Thank you, I appreciate that. Can't wait to see what everyone thinks of it.
    11-13 Illinois
  • "If men were the automatons that behavioral psychologists claim they are then they could never have invented such an amazing bit of nonsense as 'behavioral psychology'. So they are wrong from scratch. As clever and as wrong as phlogiston chemists." - Robert A. Heinlein

Lomax6996 said:
    "If men were the automatons that behavioral psychologists claim they are then they could never have invented such an amazing bit of nonsense as 'behavioral psychology'. So they are wrong from scratch. As clever and as wrong as phlogiston chemists." - Robert A. Heinlein

Was it an invention or discovery?

The patterns were noticed, not created. A robot could notice a pattern for certain.
    11-13 Illinois
  • tazweisstazweiss Member, Permitted to post new threads

ISTJ-A, the logistician.

I took the test a couple of weeks ago and I was a protector.  I'm thinking that the test should be taken once a week for several weeks to get a more accurate picture.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

How come I'm the last person to find out about this test?
    -------------------
    P.S. @Lynsey_ADMIN_
    Take this test so we can know your secret personality

-------------------
    tazweiss said:

ISTJ-A, the logistician.

I took the test a couple of weeks ago and I was a protector.  I'm thinking that the test should be taken once a week for several weeks to get a more accurate picture.

Does this article fit you at all?
    https://owlcation.com/social-sciences/24-Struggles-All-INFJs-can-Understand
    11-13 Illinois
    The website test placed me as "The Architect", specifically type "INTJ-T"
    -------------------
    Right now, Walmart and several other giant corporations employ algorithms so complex and accurate that they can predict a person's life state by what that person buys, even if the purchase is totally unrelated to the actual condition. For example, someone buys a loaf of garlic bread and a t-shirt, and Walmart will begin sending advertisements for baby stuff because they can tell the customer is pregnant. No exaggeration, check it out.

So, if there's something to be gleaned from these personality assignments, and it seems there is, I'm absolutely sure that governments are collecting a vast amount of data, mostly volunteered, and using that information to engineer society in some way, or at least make "predictions" as to what individuals or groups might do based on their personality archetypes. This could explain some of their decisions and why they seem silly to us, but might make perfect sense when considered in the light of algorithmic analysis. 
    -------------------
    A number of the traits shown by the test fit me quite well, but then so did the previous one that labelled me a "protector".

A few of the regulars have yet to return home, so I'll try to remember to bump this again in a little while so all can take the test
    -------------------
  • Hi Matt, will give it a shot Monday when back for couple days. Am reading these daily.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• Farmer_Sean_DEP_Farmer_Sean_DEP_ Member, Moderator
    I got INTP-T (Logician):

The INTP personality type is fairly rare, making up only three percent of the population, which is definitely a good thing for them, as there’s nothing they’d be more unhappy about than being "common". INTPs pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect. Usually known as the philosopher, the architect, or the dreamy professor, INTPs have been responsible for many scientific discoveries throughout history.

I've taken the test before, several times over the past 15 years or so.  I've always been I-something, but it seems to change a bit based on my situation when I take the tests.  Personally, although I think the INTP description fits me somewhat, I don't have the motivation to channel the personality type into anything useful.  The only things I've historically invented have been amusing ways to torment Matt.

On the subject, last month I spent an afternoon studying the MMPI, or "Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Test."  I had to fiddle around online to be able to actually take it, because it's only available to psychologists, but I did take it and learned how to interpret the complex results. 

The MMPI is one of the primary diagnostic tools of mental health professionals, and has apparently been designed to catch people who are lying, backtracking their answers and otherwise not qualified to answer truthfully at the time (in which case the results are discarded).

I had years ago self-diagnosed as having schizoid personality disorder

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoid_personality_disorder

by reading descriptions of its symptoms on Wikipedia and a few medical resources.  Self-diagnosis is usually dismissed by said professionals as unlikely to be accurate, potentially unsafe and overall a bad idea, so I've been hesitant to fully accept it.

Interestingly, after I took the MMPI and interpreted the results, my original diagnosis was unequivocally supported (and added to with a few additional issues).  This was the same test a doctor would have used, and taken in a more neutral environment than a hospital or office. 

A lack of ambition or desire to influence the world is a key characteristic of schizoids, and so would explain why I consistently fail to apply or even try to apply my "Logician" creativity and intellect to any projects or hobbies. 

As far as schizoids go there isn't any real treatment besides the unlikely case of trusting a "therapist" enough to brainwash the personality to become more socially acceptable.  As schizoids age they tend to become those individuals who withdraw to remote areas if possible and fill their private time with fantasy and imagination-enhancing activities, such as reading, creating art and playing video games.  The "downside" is that schizoids are extremely unlikely to contribute anything to society, which they can't feel a part of.  To schizoids, however, that seems to be just fine.  I certainly think so, as do others I've spoken with.

Anyway, a bit of a look into the mind of Farmer_Sean, which might explain why I withdrew from Western society and now hide in a remote corner of rural Japan, refusing to learn the language and speak to anyone (in case anyone wondered).

I think it is both fascinating and useful to delve into one's own mind, which can easily be done with some moderate book reading and study.  Unless someone is an idiot, they can probably learn the majority of what they'd pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for a "professional" to tell them, without all the mind-altering drugs they'd likely be prescribed.

Considering Monotheistic teachings also highlights the likely case that all personality types and disorders are a part of the personal tests we all must go through.  It also raises questions:

1.  How should one best use their personality type to their spiritual advantage?

2.  How should one best deal with any disorder they've been given?  (Is "erasing" it with drugs really the correct answer?)

Last comment - Matt, I like your "Matt's Pick" idea very much.
    https://owlcation.com/social-sciences/295-Struggles-that-all-INTPs-Face

One of the greatest things these personalities can be used for is to view many of your dominate flaws laid out, making it much more difficult to lie to yourself, helping you fix your own brain and moral strife.

This is the solution to drugging up people, for most "disorders" seem like they are tied to these personalities.
    11-13 Illinois
    Hi Matt, will give it a shot Monday when back for couple days. Am reading these daily.
    Alright, sounds good
    -------------------
    edited January 14
    I've come to wonder if most "personality disorders" exist in the same way that "crimes" exist-- just as one must first have a law before they can have a crime, they must have the same artificiality in order to have a "disorder", or an arbitrary social system in which a lack of membership leads to the accusation of "disorder".

This reminds me of a story brought up in a movie or documentary I watched:

One man has a vision and shares it with a passerby, another man. In the vision, everyone drinks the water of the city and goes crazy, and the only way for the man to save himself is to fill every vessel he can with water before this begins to happen.

The other man takes his message to heart, and begins filling every vessel he sees with fresh water.

Soon enough, everyone in the city begins drinking the tainted water and are slowly driven to madness as predicted. The man who was told the vision drank from his vessels and was spared from this affliction.

But then something happened. The dwellers of the city saw the man drinking from his vessels all by himself, and accused him of being crazy for doing so. Why was he doing something different to everyone else? This happened day after day, person after person accusing him, until one day he couldn't bear it any longer.

He dumped out his vessels and drank the city's water with all the rest, and as he did so the affliction of madness crept over, and eventually consumed him.

Why did he do this? Because he didn't want to be crazy anymore.
    -------------------
    I've come to wonder if most "personality disorders" exist in the same way that "crimes" exist-- just as one must first have a law before they can have a crime, they must have the same artificiality in order to have a "disorder", or an arbitrary social system in which a lack of membership leads to the accusation of "disorder".

This reminds me of a story brought up in a movie or documentary I watched:

One man has a vision and shares it with a passerby, another man. In the vision, everyone drinks the water of the city and goes crazy, and the only way for the man to save himself is to fill every vessel he can with water before this begins to happen.

The other man takes his message to heart, and begins filling every vessel he sees with fresh water.

Soon enough, everyone in the city begins drinking the tainted water and are slowly driven to madness as predicted. The man who was told the vision drank from his vessels and was spared from this affliction.

But then something happened. The dwellers of the city saw the man drinking from his vessels all by himself, and accused him of being crazy for doing so. Why was he doing something different to everyone else? This happened day after day, person after person accusing him, until one day he couldn't bear it any longer.

He dumped out his vessels and drank the city's water with all the rest, and as he did so the affliction of madness crept over, and eventually consumed him.

Why did he do this? Because he didn't want to be crazy anymore.
    Haunting story...

I view it much as your point aswell, a disorder in a person is the refusal to be in order with society.
    11-13 Illinois
  • Nooo -something went wrong with my test. I came out as  ESFJ - "Consul"  when I should have come out as "Clown" :joker:
     Here's what it said:

Discussing scientific theories or debating European politics isn’t likely to capture ESFJs’ interest for too long.  (wrong)  ESFJs are more concerned with fashion and their appearance, (right) their social status and the standings of other people (wrong). Practical matters (right)  and gossip (wrong) are their bread and butter,  but ESFJs do their best to use their powers for good. (right)

Maybe I didn't stick to the truth on all my decisions in that test. *casts furtive glance at eyes wardrobe and slams door*

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

I always thought you might have been behind the sudden appearance of long shoes and red noses around the globe...
    -------------------
    Do people here feel that personalities can ever change, or are they set for life?
    -------------------
  • Perhaps traumatic events or hardship can change peoples personalities or way they interact with others.  Maybe certain comments by others that bring back a memory could trigger abnormal reactions. It is said that the first 3 years establish who a person is going to be for life.  I believe that if a child thinks a parent has let them down in response to their plea for help in some situations can change their personality or outlook on life. Do you think that's correct, Matt or anyone?

I was told once that personalities don't change, but if I compare myself to how I was, and how I am now, one wouldn't recognize the two people as being one in the same. Although, perhaps vestiges still exist. However, just as you said, Rosie, it takes a bit of "shock treatment" for that to happen because it would seem core personalities are ingrained until something greater than they dislodges them.
    -------------------
    P.S. @Lynsey_ADMIN_ ;

She appears INTJ as well.
    11-13 Illinois
    edited January 18
    I was told once that personalities don't change, but if I compare myself to how I was, and how I am now, one wouldn't recognize the two people as being one in the same. Although, perhaps vestiges still exist. However, just as you said, Rosie, it takes a bit of "shock treatment" for that to happen because it would seem core personalities are ingrained until something greater than they dislodges them.
    I believe you can definitely change yourself through hardship and hardwork, but your underlying flaws will tend to remain.

...possibly strengths as well but doesn't seem as much.
    11-13 Illinois
    hansel49 said:

Scratch that, studying them more Matt you seem a lot more like INTP, which that site I posted claims has trouble mistyping themselves lol
    11-13 Illinois
  • Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator
    P.S. @Lynsey_ADMIN_

took the test

YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IS:
    DEBATER (ENTP-A)
    "Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
    “The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
    "If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer
    edited January 18
    P.S. @Lynsey_ADMIN_

took the test

YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IS:
    DEBATER (ENTP-A)
    Whatttt, one of my close friends is a debater. I suppose written down on paper he appears more introverted like that as well though.

Those personalities seem like similar minds that reach the same destination in the opposite ways. 

My best friend and I are INFJ and ENFP. We seem very much like that aswell from the reversal of I/E and J/P

Definitely interesting to know.
    11-13 Illinois
    I forgot INTJs are some of the most anal-retentive about grammer while you seem really lax about it as long as you express your point clearly. 

hmmmm
    11-13 Illinois
    hansel49 said:
    hansel49 said:

Scratch that, studying them more Matt you seem a lot more like INTP, which that site I posted claims has trouble mistyping themselves lol
    Auto-correct and the editing ability hides the fact that I almost perpetually mistype things, lol
    -------------------
  • Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator
     Although I am British, English was not my first language growing up, and today still converse in 4 languages, So grammar is not one of my strong points, guess I never gave it much thought
    "Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
    “The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
    "If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer
    hansel49 said:
    I forgot INTJs are some of the most anal-retentive about grammer while you seem really lax about it as long as you express your point clearly. 

hmmmm
    *grammAr  (just kidding)

I think what gets me most about what people say isn't their grammar or even clarity, but people's unwillingness to see any other point of view aside from their own bias. When I see that I sort of just give up and move along, but part of me squints back over my shoulder at them... hiding within me all the sentences and paragraphs I could have slung their way... but didn't... out of mercy...

*chews on keyboard*
    -------------------
    Actually, tell me more about the personality I scored, and how you perceive me, Hans. I'd be interesting in hearing more.
    -------------------
    edited January 18
     Although I am British, English was not my first language growing up, and today still converse in 4 languages, So grammar is not one of my strong points, guess I never gave it much thought
    Meh grammer can always be worked around, for the most part it's a nonissue.

I only attempt to practice it because I know some people will try to point those meaningless flaws out in order to drive away from issues, so I figure it's harder for people to find an excuse. I always fail anyways though haha.
    11-13 Illinois
    Actually, tell me more about the personality I scored, and how you perceive me, Hans. I'd be interesting in hearing more.
    I can think of two INTPs I know well

They are both intelligent and can be pretty interesting with their wit at times, though they are a level beyond stubborn with it. They prefer to just sit next to people and read, only to be interrupted if someone is asking, "What are you reading?", so that they could explain every idea on the subject. 

Very good people to learn a lot of stuff from, but you have to question some of their discernment so you don't fall into the same stubborn spiral, and don't take their humor to heart as it tends to be very cold. 

The one I currently conversate at work with is an ultra liberal lol.

Upon realizing how that type acts, I definitely don't believe you are one.

As I said INFJ and ENFP seem to reach the same destination through different paths, the INTP manages to reach similar ethics and goals as the INFJ through opposite paths.

I'm not impulsive enough sometimes, when the INTP can be too impulsive. Due that over impulse you can confuse yourself and others making barriers, when due to my over restraint I can confuse myself to missing opportunities.

We both constantly reflect upon those errs, and it inspires us to attempt to help others. Our difficulty lies in our shyness due to the fear of those mistakes.

An INTP find it hard to understand other but can freely express themselves. 
    An INFJ find it easy to relate to others but we have trouble understanding ourselves.
    11-13 Illinois
    edited January 18
    Oh, in the conversations with the INTP I know in real life, we seem to reach constant understandings with each other. I've said many things to them, and it appears as if they've thought them through the exact way, giving them a huge burst of suprised happiness.

I suppose I've reacted the same way in reading many of your posts though Matt.
    11-13 Illinois
  • @hansel49 ; - Did you agree with the typed personality I had or do you think I may have fudged the test?

edited January 18
    @hansel49 ;; - Did you agree with the typed personality I had or do you think I may have fudged the test?
    I believe so. The two people I've been examining of that personality are two of the most caring people I have ever met, they will go to any length for people they value. The key difference is that the younger(30) of the two is the most stubborn person I've met while the older(around 50) seems extremely wise(at the same time retaining certain views). The younger can easily be seen through and manipulated, while the older as grew to see the world as very two-faced because they have been so manipulated and are quick to call out the signs.
    11-13 Illinois
    I can agree with Matt's above assertion that his personality now is vastly different from how it once was.  I've known Matt for nearly 20 years and his personality has undergone such drastic change as to have pretty much killed the old one off.  I don't want to say too many things about another without their consent, so I'll just summarize by making amusing and questionably-accurate comparisons:

Old Matt:  A character from The Matrix, but twice as angry.

New Matt:  Gandhi, but with a better mustache.

I feel that, although elements of my personality have remained the same, I'm certainly changed from how I was at half my current age.  As a teen I wasn't a very good person - I used to go out of my way to find amusement at the expense of others through inappropriate actions, words and jokes.  I was hostile to religion and religious people.  I was pretty close-minded about a lot of things, as well.  I won't say I'm a paragon of virtue today, but I'd like to think I've made some progress improving those weaknesses.

Perhaps Matt can make a similar comparison of how my personality has changed in the time I've known him? 

Very interesting, I appreciate the analysis
    -------------------

I took the test again in February and my results:  ISTP - The Virtuoso.

I try to be as honest as I can for these tests and it seems I become someone else for each one.  My first test, I was a "Protector".  My second test, I was a "Logistician.  Now I'm a "Virtuoso".

My March test results:  ISTP-The Virtuoso.

Care to strum a few bars for us in that case?
    -------------------
    edited March 7
    Just took the test now and got INTP-T, the Logician.

72% Introverted - 28% Extraverted

70% Intuitive - 30% Observant

65% Thinking - 35% Feeling

74% Prospecting - 26% Judging

then,

64% Turbulent - 36% Assertive

The Logician personality type is fairly rare, making up only three percent of the population, which is definitely a good thing for them, as there’s nothing they’d be more unhappy about than being “common”. Logicians pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect. Usually known as the philosopher, the architect, or the dreamy professor, Logicians have been responsible for many scientific discoveries throughout history.

They love patterns, and spotting discrepancies between statements could almost be described as a hobby, making it a bad idea to lie to a Logician. This makes it ironic that Logicians’ word should always be taken with a grain of salt – it’s not that they are dishonest, but people with the Logician personality type tend to share thoughts that are not fully developed, using others as a sounding board for ideas and theories in a debate against themselves rather than as actual conversation partners.

The highlighted part sounds like me, I think.

I apparently share company with Bill Gates and Albert Einstein.  I guess I'm what happens when you take their type of mind and combine it with a complete lack of ambition.

Matt - what do you think, does that sound like me?

I can agree with Matt's above assertion that his personality now is vastly different from how it once was.  I've known Matt for nearly 20 years and his personality has undergone such drastic change as to have pretty much killed the old one off.  I don't want to say too many things about another without their consent, so I'll just summarize by making amusing and questionably-accurate comparisons:

Old Matt:  A character from The Matrix, but twice as angry.

New Matt:  Gandhi, but with a better mustache.

I feel that, although elements of my personality have remained the same, I'm certainly changed from how I was at half my current age.  As a teen I wasn't a very good person - I used to go out of my way to find amusement at the expense of others through inappropriate actions, words and jokes.  I was hostile to religion and religious people.  I was pretty close-minded about a lot of things, as well.  I won't say I'm a paragon of virtue today, but I'd like to think I've made some progress improving those weaknesses.

Perhaps Matt can make a similar comparison of how my personality has changed in the time I've known him? 

I just saw this now. Why am I suddenly missing everything?

I've always found you to be incredibly relaxed, and I don't feel that has changed over all this time. I don't think I can actually envision you as not being relaxed, actually.

I used to find you less receptive to new ideas, but now I find that lack of receptivity replaced with more or less a mix of (a) desire to find out more information and (b) a new acceptance that what may be unknown remains possible. In fact, I find this change has actually heightened since you arrived here. Maybe being in such a place has a good effect? Maybe it even has this effect on everyone here? I would like to think so, since we all work hard to make this website such a place.

-------------------
  • Rosie_MOD_Rosie_MOD_ Moderator
    edited March 7
    I apparently share company with Bill Gates and Albert Einstein.  I guess I'm what happens when you take their type of mind and combine it with a complete lack of ambition.

Thank goodness - otherwise you might suddenly to wipe out billions of people using  vaccinations created with scientific genius!

Interesting insight, Matt - thanks for the thoughts.

I find it amusing that you envision me as someone who can't not be relaxed.  I have fairly frequent issues with anxiety that occasionally manifest with me freaking out (usually over communication mixups or being unsure about what is going on).  You've also clearly never seen me realize a bee is nearby, or ridden with me in a car in recent times.  I've turned into one of those hand-grabbing sharp-breath-taking backseat drivers who panics at every single thing that occurs on the road.  Surely a certain man's old habit of rap-braking his car had nothing to do with that!

Perhaps it's mostly because I put up a mask of stoicism most of the time, simply because that makes it uninviting for people to inquire as to my feelings and thoughts.  Since I like to be left alone most of the time, it's a handy (if misleading) trick.

As for being more receptive, it gladdens me to hear you say that.  I still feel I have a lot of work to do in that area (as we all surely do), and recently find myself being challenged by the curious double-trap of doubting everything mainstream, but also doubting everything fringe.  I think, in general, I just doubt people and the things they say on principle, until I can prove it myself.  That isn't bad per se, but since I neither have the time nor the resources to prove for myself every single thing I hear it makes me a bit rigid.

Something to work on!

As for being here, I have been exposed to many new ideas and news items I would otherwise remain ignorant to, and that is of course a point of personal improvement.  That's one reason I stick around.

Final question - am I still as, less, or *more* insane than I used to be?
    :plus_one: I would talk about my faults, but I don't have any.

edited March 7
    I'm trying to balance my shortcomings with longevity.
    :|

tazweiss said:

I prefer to think of myself having a few "quirky" personality traits.

tazweiss said:
    tazweiss said:

I prefer to think of myself having a few "quirky" personality traits.
    Conservatism comes out with a bit of Tide, doesn't it? No worries!

-------------------
    I'm trying to balance my shortcomings with longevity.
    :|
    Lol!
    -------------------
    Interesting insight, Matt - thanks for the thoughts.

I find it amusing that you envision me as someone who can't not be relaxed.  I have fairly frequent issues with anxiety that occasionally manifest with me freaking out (usually over communication mixups or being unsure about what is going on).  You've also clearly never seen me realize a bee is nearby, or ridden with me in a car in recent times.  I've turned into one of those hand-grabbing sharp-breath-taking backseat drivers who panics at every single thing that occurs on the road.  Surely a certain man's old habit of rap-braking his car had nothing to do with that!

Perhaps it's mostly because I put up a mask of stoicism most of the time, simply because that makes it uninviting for people to inquire as to my feelings and thoughts.  Since I like to be left alone most of the time, it's a handy (if misleading) trick.

As for being more receptive, it gladdens me to hear you say that.  I still feel I have a lot of work to do in that area (as we all surely do), and recently find myself being challenged by the curious double-trap of doubting everything mainstream, but also doubting everything fringe.  I think, in general, I just doubt people and the things they say on principle, until I can prove it myself.  That isn't bad per se, but since I neither have the time nor the resources to prove for myself every single thing I hear it makes me a bit rigid.

Something to work on!

As for being here, I have been exposed to many new ideas and news items I would otherwise remain ignorant to, and that is of course a point of personal improvement.  That's one reason I stick around.

Final question - am I still as, less, or *more* insane than I used to be?
    You're asking me to measure another person's insanity?
    -------------------
    Measure it!  Don't make me risk the bees!
    Measure it!  Don't make me risk the bees!
    Well on a scale between pistachios and balloons, I'd rate you about cats in boxes before, and around ball bearings at present. Geeze, give me space, bro!
    -------------------
    edited March 8
    Bees?

bee bee bee bee bee
                                 bee bee bee bee bee bee
                                                            bee bee bee bee