Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

Researchers Find Evidence That Life Really Does "Flash Before the Eyes" of Dying People

Fictional characters will often describe seeing their lives “flash before their eyes” when close to death, but this experience could actually be a reality.

Scientists have analysed accounts from people who have had near death experiences and identified “life review experience” (LRE) as a trend.

Those involved in the study shared accounts of seeing events from their lives flash before them, but the events rarely occurred in chronological order. 

The researchers suggested LRE may occur because certain parts of the brain that stores memories are among the last to shut down when the body is close to death.

The researchers, from Hadassah University in Jerusalem, asked more than 200 people about their encounter of LRE, then analysed seven of these responses in depth.

One common theme was that the individual lost all sense of time when viewing life events.

According to The Telegraph, one participant involved in the study wrote:  “There is not a linear progression, there is lack of time limits... It was like being there for centuries. I was not in time/space so this question also feels impossible to answer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/life-flashes-before-your-eyes-when-close-to-death-study_uk_588efde5e4b09b4b86486dac

Comments

• GrumpyGuyGrumpyGuy Member
    edited January 31
    That one quote is very interesting:

"It was like being there for centuries.  I was not in time/space so this question also feels impossible to answer."

Perhaps that individual had one foot in the grave in the sense that they were partly in "Purgatory" (or whatever you want to call the state of awaiting Judgment).  A timeless, spaceless state of reviewing you life's events seems like just the thing to prepare you for Judgment.  Perhaps it is part of the mechanism by which we are all made aware of what we have done when our turn in line arrives?

As for returning from death, I think that would be quite the test for someone to overcome.  Ok - now you've almost died, so what will you change with your second chance?

I wonder what I would change if I came back from the brink of death?  I can only speculate, and uncertainly at that.
  • Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator
    especially if you are standing in front of a oncoming train 
    "Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
    “The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
    "If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer
  • Years ago, my younger brother was in a bad car accident.  In the ambulance, on the way to the hospital, he died and was resuscitated.  One day he described the experience to me.  It most certainly would have made me contemplate the direction my life was headed.  In typical fashion though, he ignored the warning and hasn't changed a bit.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    tazweiss said:
    Years ago, my younger brother was in a bad car accident.  In the ambulance, on the way to the hospital, he died and was resuscitated.  One day he described the experience to me.  It most certainly would have made me contemplate the direction my life was headed.  In typical fashion though, he ignored the warning and hasn't changed a bit.
    Can you elaborate about this experience at all? (Or if it's too personal, ignore my request - I just became curious because of the insight you possess).
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • My brother said that he found himself in a place of incredible bright, whiteness, where he felt a safety and joy that he thought was beyond anything he could describe.  At the same time, he was in a completely dark place of total fear and despair.

To me, it sounded like there was a power showing him which direction his life choices could result in.  He has ignored the warning.

There was more to his experience but it was more in the nature of an out of body thing.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    Hmm, interesting - thanks for sharing that
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)