Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

And now, Japanese people hiding inside of body sacks in order to escape reality...

Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator

-------------------
"...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)

Comments

• Cool, you just open a package and you get your very own Asian girl.  Can you get them on ebay?  Will Mrs. Taz allow me any more pets?  How much do they cost?

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    Raise your hand if you've always wanted to be a potato. *slowly raises hand*

I think it's actually some sort of new psychological treatment that allows people to relax and focus, but I'm not entirely sure. Perhaps Farmer_Sean, who was once a farmer, can help us understand all of this.
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • Escaping reality, even temporarily, sounds like a snowflake thing.

• tazweiss said:
    Escaping reality, even temporarily, sounds like a snowflake thing.
    What about all the older people who escape into a bottle to avoid their own realities?

Personally, I think "reality escape" is something everyone does to some degree, but particularly people who are introverted.  My mother, close to 60, is about as far as you can get from a snowflake, yet likes nothing more than to escape inside a good book for hours at a time, or to zone out in front of a computer game.  My father, who was a steelworker for 35 years, does much the same.

I spend more time escaping reality than not because:

1)  Reality sucks

2)  Other people annoy me and I don't like to deal with them

3)  My personality is wired that way

I don't think of myself as a "snowflake."  I don't ask for rights or privileges or make demands for others to stop offending me.  I escape reality all the same.

As for the Japanese people (still a am a farmer outside winter, by the way), plenty of realities here are so over-the-top stressful that it's almost impossible for anyone who hasn't lived here to understand them. 

Imagine living in a shame society instead of a guilt one, where you *must* avoid bringing shame to yourself, your family and your company at all costs.  Imagine that this is also a capitalist society, where everyone is pursuing money.  The result is enormous pressure to sacrifice yourself utterly in the pursuit of your company's goals.
    Also imagine that you hate living like this, but that your culture doesn't allow for the sharing of personal wants and needs in any way, shape or form.  For many in the cities life is a prison that not only lacks a key, but a door as well. 

That's why anime stories about unlikely, weak kids becoming heroes are so popular here.  That's why video games have been big here.  That's why cosplay (dressing up in character costumes) is something that came from here.  And that, I think, is why a handful of people have chosen to crawl inside these strange body bags.

I don't believe the Japanese are snowflakes - I think the Japanese make the toughest, hardest Westerner look like a little girl by comparison with how good they are at suffering silently and doing their duty.

Sometimes, however, an escape is not only needed, but deserved.

Just my thoughts from living here for a long time.

• In no way am I trying to imply that that the  Japanese are snowflakes.  That said, every society has at least a few snowflakes. 

To be tied into what is essentially a representation of a womb in order to try going back to your pre-childhood seems counter-productive.  I prefer a good book or a good movie that can take my mind off of whatever I want to escape.  To each their own, I guess.

• They're going back to babyhood :/ It could be more stressful than real life being trussed up and powerless, especially if something distracts their therapists or there's a sudden emergency and they get left like that for any  extended amount of time. 

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    I love japanese culture, I love sushi, and I watch more anime than I would ever publicly admit.....all that said, as an american, japan has the strangest culture I know of in a civilized country 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • Image result for giant pokemon bean bag
    Pokemon Therapy is a relaxing way to unwind,
    but make sure your GPS signal is turned off first to
    avoid this.....
    Image result for pokemon crowd in room

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

I see people playing that on the bus all the time - they don't even walk around to pursue their creatures anymore
    -------------------
  • Seems we  Aussies have short attention spans, other than the odd Pokemon sign haven't seen any players since the first fluffy of activity.  Maybe they all fell off cliffs or walked into trees.

• GrumpyGuyGrumpyGuy Member
    edited February 1
    Rosie - Maybe the drop bears posted signs on tree trunks and took out the remaining Australian players?

MrP - Japan certainly does have some strange aspects to its culture, no doubt about it.  I don't think more than a small minority of niche-interest people partake of the strangest things, but I personally find the behaviour of even boring normal families to be a bit strange at times.

Naturally, being a western immigrant who tries hard not to stand out as interesting or exciting, I am still seen as exactly that and scrutinized for all of my strange behaviours. 

"He asked why!  Who asks why something is the way it is?  Foreigners are so strange!"

or (at a buffet)

"What - look at that guy!  He put a scoop of ice cream on his piece of cake!  Bizarre!"
  • Rosie_MOD_Rosie_MOD_ Moderator
    edited February 1
    Farmer_Sean said
    "He asked why!  Who asks why something is the way it is?  Foreigners are so strange!"

Sort of makes sense.  Think of all the time we'd save if no one asks questions.  On the other hand, would there be any such thing as a discussion?

• If no one ever asked why, we'd still be living in caves.

Some of us still are, by what I see on a daily basis
    -------------------