WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

Lesson Plans for Children: Civilian Disarmament

tazweisstazweiss Member, Permitted to post new threads
edited February 5 in News Updates

The United Nations (UN) is offering lesson plans for teaching American and Canadian children about the benefits of civilian disarmament and to familarize them with “the process by which the international community, regional organizations, and the UN encourage the practice of disarmament.”

Over the course of six lessons, teachers using the “Disarmament Education Programme” prepared by the United Nations Association in Canada will indoctrinate students to accept the UN as a global government and an engine of peace with the goal of creating a “world without weapons.” 

The lesson titles should be enough to enrage every person who recognizes that the first act of any would-be autocrat is to disarm the people they intend to command. 

Lesson One serves as an introduction to the topic, informing North American schoolchildren that weapons lead to violence and that this gun-related violence leads to “human and environmental destruction” (there they go again surreptitiously packaging the Agenda 21 agenda into another program), and this destruction “affects everyone regardless of race, age, nationality, or gender.”

During the second class period devoted to Lesson One, kids are instructed that in order to end the violence, they must cooperate in “creating a culture of change at local, national, and global levels.” They must begin immediately to “analyze cultural messages and the prevalence of armament in our society” so that they may begin to identify allies who will join them in “working toward disarmament.”

In Lesson Two, the drilling on the glory of disarmament gets so much worse.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/education/item/25306-un-lesson-plans-teach-kids-to-get-civilians-to-turn-in-guns

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

Comments

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    Wow, that's positively dystopian. Good post.

A part of me would like to think that this is to teach children that violence, something that plagues us, is wrong and we should adapt and find better solutions to our problems. However, there's one interesting question that these UN lesson plans, and the UN itself, fail to answer:

If people should disarm themselves, why do we still require security, and will those security forces still not require weapons? Or more simply put, why is the UN telling people to abandon all their weapons while still keeping theirs?
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    edited February 5
    (P.S. It might be noticed that the post has been shortened to an initial excerpt, and I did that and added a source link to read further just so that the writers don't toss a blanket over me and beat me with soaps-in-a-sock over copyright while I sleep, if that's alright)
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    P.P.S. You need to post more stuff like this, Taz. This is really important stuff.
    -------------------
  • tazweisstazweiss Member, Permitted to post new threads

I found it very interesting, especially as I am very pro gun. 

I feel a new signature line coming on.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.