WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

Upcoming website maintenance (and a rules compromise!)

Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
edited February 6 in WEBSITE NEWS AND EVENTS
One and all:

(1)     This website has undergone inspection and maintenance. This may entail some hiccups, but hopefully not, and the website may go offline for at most a period of a day while the upgrading process takes place. Afterwards, if you encounter any website bugs, be sure to send me (Matt) a PM or email us at thecomingcrisis@gmail.com.

(2)     Our first website rule has been simplified in order to balance a friendly atmosphere and freedom of speech. I've appealed, and I've pretended, but the best solution came in the form one rule simplification which I think we can all agree with and easily adhere to, which is: #1 - Behave peacefully towards one another. This allows people to express themselves, while at the same time allowing me to squint firmly in the event of unproductive arguments, or the expression of ideology in such a way that said expression becomes more bullying than persuasion. Thankfully, this has never happened here, and the spirit of the rule is to simply preserve this website's atmosphere of peace and thoughtfulness. I feel this quite reasonable, and settles the matter going forward.

(3)     Progress as of February 2017: We have chronicled nearly 50,000 pieces of news, have hosted nearly 120,000 combined posts and comments, and have attracted nearly 3.5 million views. Not bad for our tight-knit community!
-------------------
"...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)

Comments

• Farmer_Sean_DEP_Farmer_Sean_DEP_ Member, Moderator
    I'm seeing some of the new changes.  My old hobbit farmer showing up next to threads in which I have the most recent post is a bit jarring on the eye, yet pretty useful in practice. 
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    I think those portraits represent who created the thread initially - if everyone finds them *too* jarring, however, I can turn that off.

I actually decided not to go ahead with any full upgrade (I just turned on a few features that were off before), because the "upgrade" suddenly caused the website not to work properly, and I asked myself, "What is this upgrade actually bestowing in terms of benefits?" I didn't even know, and realize I was doing it for the sake of a version number getting larger.

Right now the website works perfectly with zero errors for probably the first time in 6 years, so I'm *pretty* hesitant to rock that boat.
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • hansel49hansel49 Member, Permitted to post new threads
    I don't like the pictures personally.
    11-13 Illinois
    Alright, everyone cast your votes here - pictures stay or go?
    -------------------
  • mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    No megusta 

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    Alright, I'm getting the general feeling after three nays that it's not a popular feature, so I'll turn it off
    -------------------