Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

New Robot Being Prepared to Survey Interior of Fukushima Nuclear Plant

HITACHI, Ibaraki Prefecture--Another robot has been developed for the elusive goal of locating melted fuel and surveying the interior of the No. 1 reactor at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant.

A team of engineers and researchers from Hitachi-GE Nuclear Energy Ltd. and the International Research Institute for Nuclear Decommissioning revealed the robot on Feb. 3.

Tokyo Electric Power Co., operator of the plant, plans to deploy the robot into the No. 1 reactor before the end of March.

The robot will be fitted with a censoring unit mounted with a camera, dosimeter and lighting. Its purpose is to give TEPCO an idea of the location and condition of the melted nuclear fuel in the reactor.

http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201702060040.html

Comments

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    edited February 6
    Ah, this explains why they're letting in the Syrian refugees! I'm onto Abe-san! It's just a bunch of cardboard boxes taped together to look like a robot suit!
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    But in all seriousness, I'm curious why after 6 years nearly Japan's and the world community's total thought output on this situation consists of (a) ignoring it, (b) putting radioactive water from one container into another container, (c) building a robot that may or may not be of any use, but keeps universities and corporations busy.

I don't know, it doesn't seem like many people are taking this seriously, but something unimportant like people chasing after balls and winning disks of varying types of medal has untold amounts of money poured into it and excitement surrounding it.

-------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)