Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

An interesting series of candid photographs of daily life taken inside North Korea

Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
edited February 7 in Fun

View full gallery here: http://detonate.com/an-illegal-look-inside-the-crazy-world-of-north-korea/1/

Photographs by Michael Huniewicz

Note: The "captions" take the usual tack: in order to be more "exciting" and perhaps sensational, the text with each photograph parrots the traditional MSM information about North Korea, which the photographs for the most part do not corroborate. The idea is to colour the viewer's mind so that they see the photographs in a particular way, even though that perspective may or may not be true. It is therefore best to view this gallery with a clear mind, for the sake for taking a peek inside North Korean life and nothing more.

-------------------
"...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)

Comments

• GrumpyGuyGrumpyGuy Member
    edited February 7
    Here's an example of that propaganda Matt is pointing out in his note:

It’s like an abandoned community. But, the girls play by the crops that are growing very healthily. It’s an odd shot photographer Michael Huniewicz made a point to make.

Abandoned community?  What?  Not only do those buildings look no less run down than most of the ones in the town I live near, but I also see at least five people apparently going for a stroll while three little girls play in the foreground.  Nearly every balcony in that building has potted plants growing.  If this scene is "like an abandoned community," then the captioner must have spent their entire life in Hong Kong.

Perhaps they think it's abandoned because there's no litter, no traffic, no graffiti and no advertisements covering every surface.

People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
    - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    And added to that, they seemed to have missed the giant garden / farming plot in the foreground with identical, well tended plants, lol.
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    I notice the MSM really likes to employ this technique as well. The Daily Mail has a series of lost photos from the Soviet Union showing every day life, which, when viewed by themselves, simply show a nation, admittedly rough around the edges economically but by no means "dystopian", full of ordinary people, often smiling, going about their business. But suddenly, people standing in line at a store or waiting to get on a train becomes, "Impoverished Soviet citizens wait for hours in endless queues for basic items".
    -------------------
  • GrumpyGuyGrumpyGuy Member
    edited February 7
    Experiment:

Abandoned cars sit forgotten on dilapidated roads in this eerily-quiet neighbourhood.  Featureless buildings hint at lives of bare necessity amidst a tangle of wild vegetation.  In the distance, an old island prison serves as a stark reminder of what awaits anyone who doesn't toe the line.

Where is this?  One of the famous hilly streets in San Francisco.  I can do it too!  Eat it, media.
    People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
    - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
    That apartment building on the left is so perfectly set into the image that it almost looks photoshopped in
    -------------------