Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

Crisis Forums: What News Sources Do You Trust, and Why?

I'm curious to know everyone's thoughts on what news sources they consider trustworthy and/or believable, and why.

What are you go-to news/information websites besides Crisis Forums?  Why are they your go-to news/information websites? 

Which news websites do you mistrust or avoid, and why do you mistrust or avoid them?

Comments

• mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    edited February 10
    outside of Crisisforums, I really only go to: RT, Reuters, and mostly youtube. It's not that I completely trust rt or reuters, but I find them ok. Believe it or not, I really don't follow the news like I used to 5 years ago. It makes me too depressed and anxious. I finally just decided to say the proverbial f#@% it. I would say I spend 90-95% of my news reading here.

Anyone that doesn't think any news website is completely unbiased is delusional. Every news website is going to be "propaganda" in some varying degree. The best sources are those like Crisisforums that have a group of people with differing opinions. That way, you can get multiple sides of the story and the truth is somewhere in-between  
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • Rosie_MOD_Rosie_MOD_ Moderator
    edited February 10
    Agree totally with mrpops09_CMOD  with the inclusion of some on weather and science. MSM appears to have too many news fillers with gossip on showbiz  personalities and trivia. Reuters and RT appear to stick to the basic facts without having to drill down through tons of shallow trivia.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• I pretty much go along the same lines as MrP.  I would add in SHTFPlan also.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

• Aside from here, I get the majority of my news from Reddit - specifically the "World News" page:    https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/

World News tends to omit purely USA-focused material and even offers optional filters so Trump or other hot topics won't show up.

When I see a headline that interests me, I check the article and then investigate some of the top comments on Reddit.  Thousands of people tend to check each link, and it doesn't take long for information hobbyists to cross-reference and fact-check everything.  Click-bait, "Fake News" or articles that don't fact check properly get called out very quickly, and are often removed entirely by moderators. 

It isn't perfect, since people on Reddit often "upvote" based solely on personal preferences, but it's at least news filtered by people who seem to care about the quality of their information.  If anything, they're a bit overly-critical of some news sources, flat-out hating on sources like The Daily Mail and The Independent.

For scientific articles, I also check Reddit at http://https//www.reddit.com/r/science/
    Their rules demand that posts be peer-reviewed research articles or, at worst, brief media summaries of the new research.  Actual scientists instead of Joe Couchpotato seem to frequent the science page, so I feel I can get decent quality information from there.

Other than Reddit, I check various Japanese English-language news publications to see if anything interesting is going on here in Japan (usually no), and CBC News to see if anything interesting is going on back in Canada (also usually no).

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    -     I check probably dozens of news sources a day, spanning the world, in addition to a variety of Youtube channels for alternative opinions that don't reach the mainstream

-     I don't think any of them are "reliable" in the sense that they provide the whole, unfiltered picture of something, and so I just search out morsels of information that contribute to the thesis of this website, that there is change afoot (which in itself is a filter when one thinks about it)

-     Reliability, at least in my opinion, comes less in the form of information and more from the people who sift through it; Someone can provide the truth, yet if the people receiving that information are lacking in quality, it won't matter; In the same way, pieces of the puzzle can be put together by sifting through tidbits of information on otherwise controlled, heavily leaning websites

-     I also agree with MrP in that value comes from combining a variety of opinions and then absorbing the cream of the discussion; This doesn't happen very often on the Internet, since most news websites are geared towards linear commentary and a hierarchical delivery of information rather than thoughtful examination of the news piece people are commenting upon, such as in a forum

-------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)