Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

Woolly mammoth on the verge of resurrection, scientists say

The woolly mammoth vanished from the Earth 4,000 years ago, but now scientists say they are on the brink of resurrecting the ancient beast in a revised form, through an ambitious feat of genetic engineering.

Speaking ahead of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) annual meeting in Boston this week, the scientist leading the “de-extinction” effort said the Harvard team is just two years away from creating a hybrid embryo, in which mammoth traits would be programmed into an Asian elephant.

“Our aim is to produce a hybrid elephant-mammoth embryo,” said Prof George Church. “Actually, it would be more like an elephant with a number of mammoth traits. We’re not there yet, but it could happen in a couple of years.”

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/feb/16/woolly-mammoth-resurrection-scientists

-------------------
"...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)

Comments

• mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    I feel like I've seen a movie about this some where....Jurassic something or other   . I'm sure it ends well  :i_dunno:
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • =) I'm pretty sure that one of the soldiers I knew in the army was related to the woolly mammoth.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

• Why resurrect the woolly mammoth when we're driving so many species to extinction every day?

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    The "resurrection" of species has been the elephant in the room for quite some time
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • Rosie_MOD_Rosie_MOD_ Moderator
    edited February 17
    This resurrection is likely to be a mammoth tusk!

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator

Perfect lol 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    Kills me lol
    -------------------

• from Nemesis Maturity

• Rosie_MOD_Rosie_MOD_ Moderator
    edited February 25
    If we bring woolly mammoths back to roam the earth will hunting parties pay big money to go out and hunt them to extinction or will supersize zoo cages need to be built to protect them with extra large meals supplied.
    Hope they've worked out what woolly mammoths' diet is because they might an endless source available .....
     "Oh, its people!" o

• By curious coincidence it appears Bill Gates and Google are investors behind the push to resurrect the woolly mammoth.

Meet the Time-Traveling Scientist Behind Editas, the Biotech Company Going Public With Google’s Help

Boston biotech is going IPO.

by James Temple Jan 5, 2016, 8:55am EST

Gene-editing startup Editas Medicine filed to go public this week, making it the first publicly traded company in the area of gene-corrective technology. Investors include Google Ventures, Bill Gates’s Bng0 and Khosla Ventures.

As part of our special series on Boston tech, we toured the lab of Editas co-founder George Church to discuss startups, genetics and the science behind resurrecting extinct species.

On March 15, 2013, genetic engineer George Church stood in the middle of a circular red rug onstage at the Gilbert H. Grosvenor Auditorium in Washington, D.C., describing a detailed plan for bringing a six-ton, 10-foot, fur-covered creature back from the dead.

By splicing genes responsible for traits like thicker hair, subcutaneous fat and curving tusks into the DNA of an Asian elephant, Church hopes to revive the long-extinct woolly mammoth, or at least create a version of the modern elephant that really likes the cold.

read more:

http://www.recode.net/2016/1/5/11588490/meet-the-time-traveling-scientist-behind-editas-the-biotech-company

• tazweisstazweiss Member
    edited February 25
    Image result for wooly mammoth cartoons

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

tazweiss said:
    Image result for wooly mammoth cartoons
    Lol!
    -------------------