WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

4chan publishes "alien selfie", 4chan then gets struck with DDOS attack, goes offline

Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
edited February 26 in Mystery & Conspiracy

-------------------
"...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)

Comments

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator

Alleged Alien Selfie Posted on 4chan

On February 23, 2017, users reported seeing an alien selfie with coordinates to its location posted on 4chan's /pol/ board. Many users who saw the selfie reported a serious feeling of fear and terror that caused them to click away immediately. Two minutes after this image was posted to 4chan, the 4chan website was taken offline for multiple hours. Upon restoration of the 4chan website, all references to this post were found to be deleted and users who make new threads talking about it are being banned. All locally saved copies of the alleged selfie have been reported to be found corrupted on local storage. Users of 4chan, 8chan, and Reddit have been trying to locate the original selfie in its uncorrupted form and so far have been unable to find an uncorrupted copy. Users who saw the image claim that the alien is allegedly standing on the left and looking slightly at the camera, almost diagonally, there is a dead tree on the right side of the image, and the alien has yellow scales, black eyes, and small pursed lips. So far only reconstructions of this image have been posted. The coordinates originally included with the image are: "24489 Taken Aprox 24 miles north west of Luke Airforce Base Phoenix Az. Lab H4C".

http://thegoldwater.com/news/1461-Alleged-Alien-Selfie-Posted-on-4chan

-------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    Real or not, worth the post for the creepy-factor. :tired_face:
    -------------------

Alien ‘Proof’ Allegedly Shuts Down 4Chan

Early Thursday morning, an image alleging to show an ultra realistic reptilian alien was shared on 4chan image board forums. Soon after, the website went down and the picture was deleted. See the allegedly partially recovered photo here.

According to a Pastebin about the post, the original thread that shared the image went online “anywhere between 12am and 2am” on Thursday on 4chan’s /pol/ board, short for “Politically Incorrect.” It was titled “24489 Taken Aprox 24 miles north west of Luke Airforce Base Phoenix Az. Lab H4C,” the claimed location that the picture was taken.

http://heavy.com/social/2017/02/4chan-alien-reptilian-reptoid-picture-photo/

-------------------
    -------------------
    Actually, that alien reminds me of a movie or something...
    -------------------

-------------------
  • Farmer_Sean_DEP_Farmer_Sean_DEP_ Member, Moderator

Both from a twitter thread about this "alien."  No idea if either is the correct original.  It seems some are suggesting he first image is the original being slowly reconstructed.

As for the alien photo you linked, Matt, that appears to be an alien character from the X-Files:

The most-intact version I could find of what is apparently the "real" picture:

Someone claims to have made this image using a 3D rendering program.  This Reddit thread has the details:

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/5w34bg/a_pic_of_the_alien_from_4chan/

(Look for comments by RARE_PEPE_MERCHANT)

edited February 26
    The "real" image followed by the earlier 3D versions of it from a program:

The "sulty97" guy talking about how he made it:

https://imgur.com/a/BkHoW

I assume he applied some sort of final HD skin to the model, which is why it looks different.

Of interest, people have said this wasn't the "real" image they actually saw.  Since the people who "actually saw" the original image don't seem to exist outside of anonymous 4chan posts that have been deleted, it doesn't look like any more information will be forthcoming.

A number of people are suggesting this was all a test on 4chan's part.  An experiment, of sorts, to see how easy it is to make something go viral, and then to censor that something.

That, or it's a trick to distract people from something real and important that actually did happen on the site.

Someone said that the comments they read from the original viewers, about how they got sick or felt psychic feedback or other stuff, all felt like the kind of "copypasta" fake horror stories that are popular on Reddit/4chan/elsewhere. This Reddit sub is a prime example - https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/

I also saw a comment from 4chan from one of these guys saying, "I printed out a bunch of copies of the photo and the sheets vanished into thin air!"

Probably a giant trollfest, cover-up or experiment.  Seems strange an alien would escape from a military base only to post a photo of itself to a website frequented by anonymous Internet nerds who love pulling pranks, doing social experiments and manipulating people/the Internet.

The fact that most Internet "meme" images originate from 4chan should also be taken into consideration.

A strange situation, overall!
    At least there's still hope then - if even aliens are taking selfies, I think the game would be up
    -------------------
    Good investigation, too
    -------------------
  • Rosie_MOD_Rosie_MOD_ Moderator
    edited February 26
    Had a look on a site that tells you whether addresses or up or down. 4chan was shown as being up.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

Just for the sake of a thought experiment, because this situation raises an important point:

Let's say you (as in everyone here), walked outside and saw an alien moving through the forest. You took a picture of the alien, and maybe even some footage. So, how do you go from that point to convincing other people what you've witnessed is real? How do you convince them that your evidence is real?

I've often thought about this. Any time an alien is photographed or a UFO, it's always "fake", simply because this lies outside our realm of experience, so we naturally default to it being some sort of a trick. We're familiar with computers and editing software, so our brains reach for an experience we can relate to. That said, how do you convince people that the exceptional, that the "real", is actually real?

I'd be interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on this.
    -------------------
  • mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    Just for the sake of a thought experiment, because this situation raises an important point:

Let's say you (as in everyone here), walked outside and saw an alien moving through the forest. You took a picture of the alien, and maybe even some footage. So, how do you go from that point to convincing other people what you've witnessed is real? How do you convince them that your evidence is real?

I've often thought about this. Any time an alien is photographed or a UFO, it's always "fake", simply because this lies outside our realm of experience, so we naturally default to it being some sort of a trick. We're familiar with computers and editing software, so our brains reach for an experience we can relate to. That said, how do you convince people that the exceptional, that the "real", is actually real?

You can't. It's like trying to convince an atheist that God exists.

Unless you have physical evidence to provide, a photo (or video) will never do it alone 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • anonanon (To comment anonymously, log in as "anon" and use password "1234".)

One of two things is guaranteed to happen:

1) People who believe every single alien photo/video is fake will assume yours is fake too, and will immediately look for any detail that suggests the possibility that it could be fake.  Upon finding or thinking they found something, (strange lighting, odd pixels and so on) they will accept it as irreproachable proof that your "alien" is a render, model or otherwise fake.  End of story, no matter what or how many counter arguments are presented.  Since there seems to always be a Photoshop or 3D art expert around, it's usually one of them chiming in about a perceived flaw that puts the final (and usually only) nail in the coffin.

2) People who believe most or all alien photos and videos are real will assume yours is real, too, and then believe this no matter what evidence is proposed to suggest it might be fake.  Attempts to prove it is fake will only anger them, and further cement their belief in some sort of conspiracy.

Both groups will be completely dismissive of and hostile towards their opposite, laughing and shaking their heads at the level of ignorance they feel they are seeing.  People who think your alien is fake will be labeled "sheeple" and the like.  People who think your alien is real will be labeled "conspiratards," "tin-foil hats" and so on.

Neither group will help your cause of convincing everyone the alien was real. 

"Conspiracy theorists" believe and love believing that only they can see the truth, and typically don't have very diplomatic behaviour.  You either accept 100% of what they tell you or you're a moron with a barcode on the back of your neck.  That arrogant and dismissive attitude doesn't help combat the opinion of the scientific and academic communities - that conspiracy people are lunatics.

"Rationalists" from the scientific and academic communities believe and love believing that only they hold the keys to the secrets of the universe, and typically don't have very diplomatic behaviour either.  You either accept 100% of what they tell you or you're a retard.  That arrogant and dismissive attitude doesn't help combat the opinion of pro-conspiracy individuals that scientists and academics are blinded by hubris, mouthpieces for corporations or otherwise untrustworthy.

Interestingly, and importantly, there is a third possible event - some people, not many, will look at your photo and accept that it could possibly be real, but that they can't be sure just by looking at it.  They accept that a great many existing alien photos and videos are surely hoaxes or otherwise fake, but also that the existence of fake photos doesn't mean that a genuine photo could never appear in the future.

These people will closely examine your evidence.  They will read opinions about graphical irregularities, but also the counter-arguments.  They will weigh both.  If possible, they will use their own expertise to load up the image and check if there is indeed some flaw or sign of forgery.  They will do Google searches for other alien photos, or aliens from art websites, TV shows, movies and video games, to see if there is any evidence of similarity or blatant copying.

In the end, they might believe or disbelieve or accept that they can't decide.  Unfortunately, neither the full-on conspiracy people nor the full-on rationalists will care much about their opinions, and few will even grant them a platform from which to speak about their findings, or even the concept of impartiality. 

Likely, the new alien evidence will be filed away for future reference if need should arise, and then they'll mostly forget about the incident and move on to the next interesting thing.

So, in the end, I believe that you would fail to win over those ideologically opposed to the idea of a real alien photo, gain nothing from the blind acceptance of the conspiracy people and, at best, give something to think about to some isolated private individuals who nobody listens to.

In fact, I bet some people who photographed a real alien would eventually convince themselves (or allow themselves to be convinced) that it was a trick of the light, or a hallucination or a dream or some other thing proving they didn't see an alien - just because it's easier to give up than continue dealing with zealots.
    All this leaves me with the strange conclusion that truth itself is subjective, or at least subjective in the sense of its interpretation. If something is outside one's experience - that the odd may be real in the case of the "scientists", or that the universe is constructed in such a way that amazing things can happen without there having to be some sort of underlying plot in the case of the conspiracy chefs - there seems to be no way link that individual with acceptance of the truth.

-------------------
  • A proportion of all the photographs we see in the "real" media appear to have been altered in some way to sway people's opinions toward the desired end, some quite blatantly by putting Hawaiian print shirts or singlets on politicians and others more subtly such as the color of Donald Trump's tie (from red to orange).  It becomes difficult to sort truth from fiction in even the most every day types of news. The doctoring or "photoshopping" of images in itself creates "fake" news as it alters the readers perception.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

Looked into this again, and it seems generally accepted now as a hoax. 

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/4chan-alien-sighting-hoax