WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

Brexit tensions could lead to 'blood on the streets' as part of 'CIVIL WAR', warns peer

EXCLUSIVE - BREXIT could result in "blood on the streets" as part of a "civil war" in the UK, a prominent peer has claimed.

Lord John Bird, best known as the founder of the Big Issue, warned no one has yet to fully grasp the divisions left in British society as a result of last summer's vote to quit the EU.

Calling for the Brexit debate to be taken to a "higher level", Lord Bird also expressed hope someone would emerge to take a "Churchillian stand" and pull the country back together amid a show of Second World War spirit.

The crossbench peer also attacked those such as former prime minister Tony Blair who, he said, are suggesting the Leave result is "some kind of cr**".

In an interview with Express.co.uk, the crossbench peer said: "I don’t see much evidence of anybody in the country really understanding this could be a civil-war scenario.

"I know people who are Brexiteers who are absolutely outraged and I know stayers who are absolutely outraged.

"And when you get those kind of things, that could lead to a civil war."

He added: "I think we could have blood on the streets, I think we could have murder if we don't resolve this."

Lord Bird revealed he voted Remain on June 23 last year after being made "really frightened" by George Osborne and David Cameron's 'Project Fear' campaign, although he added he might be "braver" if the EU referendum was held again.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/772733/Lord-Bird-BBC-Meet-the-Lords-House-of-Lords-documentary-Brexit-civil-war-Tony-Blair-Remain

"Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
“The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
"If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer

Comments

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator

-------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • GrumpyGuy_MOD_GrumpyGuy_MOD_ Moderator
    edited February 28
    Is it arrogant of me to suggest that archaic systems like "Peerages" and men with "Lord" in their name should be made obsolete, and disbanded?
    People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
    - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
  • Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator
    The majority of the Public have requested this, and it may become reality if they start blocking the government on Brexit
    "Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
    “The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
    "If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer