North Korea War Situation
WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

Shocking Historic Photos from the past

RosieRosie Member, Permitted to post new threads
A gallery of mainly black and white photos featuring events from our past
http://detonate.com/shocking-historical-photos/

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

Comments

• GrumpyGuy_MOD_GrumpyGuy_MOD_ Moderator
    edited February 28
    My favourite:

Trench warfare during WWI
    People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
    - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
  • RosieRosie Member, Permitted to post new threads
    Yes, I thought that was a good one too.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    Is this real!?

-------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    "Alright, pal. Hand over that last slice of pizza!"

-------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    Crazy:

-------------------
  • mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    Is this real!?

This is not real. I saw somewhere a while ago that it's fake 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    Is this real!?

Probably!
    Related imageCane toads grow up to this size in the NT

Grasshoppers that size would need their own airport!

• tazweisstazweiss Member, Permitted to post new threads
    I once read somewhere that because insects absorb oxygen differently (they don't have lungs), they are limited in how large they can grow.  Millions of years ago, when the atmosphere had a much higher oxygen content, insects grew up to 2 feet in size.  That doesn't happen anymore.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

Cane toads grow oversize in the N.T. because they are omnivorous.  There is so much diversity of wildlife in the N.T. that they're increasing in food source and size.  This is similar to feral cats there who grow quite sizeable. Have seen one that just lay on the road and hissed at a 4x4 drive I was in driving to Litchfield Station.
    Image result for feral cat northern territory

• tazweiss said:
    I once read somewhere that because insects absorb oxygen differently (they don't have lungs), they are limited in how large they can grow.  Millions of years ago, when the atmosphere had a much higher oxygen content, insects grew up to 2 feet in size.  That doesn't happen anymore.
    This is true.

There are a couple of fake/hoax photos in the mix, but I think most of them are authentic.
    People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
    - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
    So fake news and photos aren't new!  When one realises that the word NEWS originally stood for North East West South, there's nothing to indicate that news has to be "The Truth" as it's not a courtroom where one has to swear to tell the truth and nothing but...  Is there a sort of Hypocritic Hypocratic Oath for Journalists at all or is it simply a free for all?

• tazweisstazweiss Member, Permitted to post new threads
    Journalistic integrity isn't integral to journalism.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

When I think about it, it wouldn't be possible for grasshoppers to get that big, because there wouldn't just be one of them, but thousands upon thousands of them. That many micro-wave sized creatures flying about and landing on things would make moving around for human beings quite interesting.
    -------------------