WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

Did the Oscars Just Prove That We Are Living in a Computer Simulation?

Last night’s Oscar bizarreness was not just bizarre but bizarre in a way that is typical of this entirely bizarre time. The rhythm of the yes-they-won-oh-my-God-no-they-didn’t event, with “La La Land” replaced by “Moonlight” as Best Picture, was weirdly like that of . . . Election Night. First, a more or less expected, if “safe,” result was on its way—though Hillary Clinton never got all the way to the stage, so to speak, the result did seem safely in hand at 7 P.M., according to the polling—and the expected and safe people were ready to deliver their touching but obviously polished pieces. Then the sudden confusion and visible near-panic of people running around in the background of the stage, with the same slightly horrified spirit that one felt on Election Night as shocking results began emerging from the exurban counties in Florida. Then, yes—can this be happening?—the revised and unexpected result.

In this case, obviously, the result was positive to all but the poor “La La Land” producers, with their earnest and spouse-approved speeches already delivered. “Moonlight” was no Donald Trump of cinema, and obviously a popular favorite. (Though there are those of us who found its beautifully photographed sentiments a bit, well, sentimental.) But the rhythm of the night was disconcertingly the same, and the sheer improbability of the happenstance scarily alike. Nothing like this has remotely happened before. This wasn’t just a minor kerfuffle. This was a major malfunction. Trump cannot be President—forgetting all the bounds of ideology, no one vaguely like him has ever existed in the long list of Presidents, good, bad, and indifferent, no one remotely as oafish or as crude or as obviously unfit. People don’t say “Grab ’em by the pussy” and get elected President. Can’t happen. In the same way, while there have been Oscar controversies before—tie votes and rejected trophies—never before has there been an occasion when the entirely wrong movie was given the award, the speeches delivered, and then another movie put in its place. That doesn’t happen. Ever.

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/did-the-oscars-just-prove-that-we-are-living-in-a-computer-simulation

-------------------
"...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)

Comments

• mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • Does anyone here watch the Oscars?  I don't think I've ever seen the show outside of clips on the news.
    People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
    - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
  • RosieRosie Member, Permitted to post new threads
    a) Should Oscars night be a platform for a political arena?
    b) It's entirely possible the "error" was deliberately done - for effect. Whilst that would make everything staged, doesn't necessarily cast the viewer (us) as part of a computer simulation
    c) What the La-La-Liberals have forgotten is that any publicity is good publicity.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    edited February 28
    Does anyone here watch the Oscars?  I don't think I've ever seen the show outside of clips on the news.
    Never seen it. Don't care...I didn't even know if it was for music or movies lol 

If you watch the vid I posted, that's about how I feel 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    Does anyone here watch the Oscars?  I don't think I've ever seen the show outside of clips on the news.
    Never seen it. Don't care...I didn't even know if it was for music or movies lol 

If you watch the vid I posted, that's about how I feel 
    Never watched the Oscars, and even less likely to after the clear attempt by celebrities to
    manipulate the public's opinion on various topics including politics in recent times.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    Once one begins watching films from other parts of the world, it's difficult to go back. It's sort of like when one eats dark chocolate after eating milk chocolate for most of their life.
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • Once one begins watching films from other parts of the world, it's difficult to go back. It's sort of like when one eats dark chocolate after eating milk chocolate for most of their life.
    I know that feeling well!  (The chocolate part).
    People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
    - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
  • tazweisstazweiss Member, Permitted to post new threads

No blow-ups, no shooting, no beating-ups = no entertainment.  Why would I want to watch the Oscars.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

• Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator
    edited March 1

Seems half the planet is in a Computer simulation, because we certainly have a huge problem if in reality half the population can not function remotely normal without running for their safe place every 2 seconds of the day

'We are all processing the horror of it': Terrifying moment Shirley MacLaine realizes brother Warren Beatty has revealed wrong Best Picture winner as actress opens up about Oscar flub

Warren Beatty has refused to comment in the wake of Sunday night's Oscar debacle, but his older sister Shirley MacLaine was more than willing to share her thoughts on the incident.

The legendary screen star was in the audience on Sunday after presenting the Oscar for Best Foreign language Film with Charlize Theron when Beatty, 79, and Faye Dunaway announced that La La Land had won Best Picture due to the accountant for the ceremony handing them the wrong envelope.

It is a moment that MacLaine said she is still trying to cope with days later. 

'I think we’re all processing the horror of it. I’m still dealing with it,' MacLaine said in an interview with USA Today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4271904/Shirley-MacLaine-brother-Warren-Beatty-s-Oscar-fiasco.html#comments

Seriously!!??... "horror", trying to cope days later?... they opened the wrong envelope, they didn't massacre the audience!

no wonder Today's america can't come to terms with an democratically elected president, when they can't even cope with someone opening the wrong envelope 

"Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
    “The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
    "If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer
    edited March 1
    so shocking was this horror event, that even the media forgot to report on the Trump bashing celeb speeches the following day, oh how will they all cope? 

“The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
    "If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer

'It was like the Hindenburg': Oscars producer reveals the terrifying scene backstage after Faye Dunaway announced wrong Best Picture winner

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4273368/Oscars-producer-reveals-terrifying-scene-backstage.html

Now comparing it to tens of innocent people burning to death?
    Perhaps in some way the celebrities are trying to equate the wrong film being announced with the horror of the  "wrong" president being elected and relive the trauma over and over.  On the other hand it could be a way of distracting us from something else that's going on. After announcing the wrong name is fairly trivial in the overall scheme of things.

• tazweisstazweiss Member, Permitted to post new threads
     After all, announcing the wrong name is fairly trivial in the overall scheme of things.
    Image result for sensitive artist cartoonsNot if you're an over egotistical arteest.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    Maybe these people have indulged in the world of fantasy for so long, and have so much comfort in their lives, that they've detached from reality altogether
    -------------------
    Maybe these people have indulged in the world of fantasy for so long, and have so much comfort in their lives, that they've detached from reality altogether
    They're the ones who are probably living in a computer simulation.