WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

Barack Obama 'ready to return' to politics

Barack Obama is preparing for his return to politics and public life, according to a long-time friend.

The former US president is "ready to roll", his friend, the former Attorney General Eric Holder, said on Tuesday.

He said he had been in talks with Mr Obama about how he could return to politics, including ways he could interact with the National Democratic Redistricting Committee (NDRC), such as fundraising and working with state legislators. 

Mr Obama asked Mr Holder to head that committee last year.

Politico reported the politician's comments, which he made at a press briefing.

“It’s coming. He’s coming," said Mr Holder, "and he’s ready to roll.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/01/barack-obama-ready-return-politics/

"Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
“The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
"If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer

Comments

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    Lol! The picture

But seriously, what he will be up to now?
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    Obama,

America has had enough of your shenanigans as evident by the last election results. Just go find a hole to die in. No one wants you here 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • tazweisstazweiss Member, Permitted to post new threads

Obama knows that it is legal to seek a third term.  U.S. presidents are only allowed two consecutive terms.  There is nothing preventing them from re-entering the race after a one term break.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

• Rosie_MOD_Rosie_MOD_ Moderator
    tazweiss said:

Obama knows that it is legal to seek a third term.  U.S. presidents are only allowed two consecutive terms.  There is nothing preventing them from re-entering the race after a one term break.

Nooooooo! :frowning:

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    tazweiss said:

Except for mrpops 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    tazweiss said:

The 22nd Amendment forbids any president from running for a third term, regardless of the sequence of those terms, unless I'm reading it incorrectly, so that means only Jimmy Carter and George Bush 41 could run again.

But, that doesn't mean there can't be a constitutional convention to abolish or amend that amendment...
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    But then again, there may be other ways to "run" the U.S. without having to be the president, especially if one's talons go deep enough into the governmental process.
    -------------------
    -------------------
  • tazweisstazweiss Member, Permitted to post new threads

The 22nd Amendment forbids any president from running for a third term, regardless of the sequence of those terms, unless I'm reading it incorrectly, so that means only Jimmy Carter and George Bush 41 could run again.

It has been many, many years since I was in a poli-sci class.  For some reason I had always been under the impression that the 22nd amendment just prevented a president from serving a third, consecutive term.  I looked it up and re-read it.  I stand corrected.

*No third term.*

*No third term.*

*No third term.*

*No third term.* 

(Written 100 times)

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

tazweiss said:

It has been many, many years since I was in a poli-sci class.  For some reason I had always been under the impression that the 22nd amendment just prevented a president from serving a third, consecutive term.  I looked it up and re-read it.  I stand corrected.

*No third term.*

*No third term.*

*No third term.*

*No third term.* 

(Written 100 times)

You could write it and repeat it 1000 times and still be correct in your original thought, since these individuals don't seem all that interested in following the constitution anymore it appears.

I bet there is a dedicated guard whose sole duty is to slap away all the hands inching forward with their ballpoint pens.
    -------------------
  • Rosie_MOD_Rosie_MOD_ Moderator
    tazweiss said:

But, that doesn't mean there can't be a constitutional convention to abolish or amend that amendment...
    or unless.......
    Image result for obama with donald trump hairdo

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

That would require quite the comb-over to conceal Barrack
    -------------------