Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

Armed attackers kidnap five workers at Congolese gold mine

Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator

Armed attackers have kidnapped five workers at a gold mine in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Gold dealer Banro Corporation said a French national, a Tanzanian and three Congolese were kidnapped in the attack at its mine in Namoya, eastern DRC.

Spokesman Crispin Mutwedu said members of a local militia were believed to be behind the raid on Wednesday morning.

Banro's four gold mines in eastern DRC have been repeatedly targeted by armed militias, which remain active despite the official end to a regional conflict in 2003.

Last month, three policemen and an assailant were killed in a gunfight after an armed robbery attempt at Twangiza mine.

http://news.sky.com/story/armed-attackers-kidnap-five-workers-at-congolese-gold-mine-10787151

"Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
“The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
"If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer

Comments

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    Few people in the world seem to have it worse off than African gold miners. What they go through on a daily basis is pretty nuts.
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)