Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

And The World's Most Valuable Passport Is... (and those best to avoid)

And The World's Most Valuable Passport Is...

Tyler Durdens picture
Mar 4, 2017 2:49 PM

What is the "value of citizenship"? That's the question that Nomad Capitalist answers in their 2017 Passport Index, ranking 199 countries using a weighted approach that considers visa-free travel options, the amount of taxes a country levies on citizens who live abroad, along with the nation’s overall global reputation, civil and personal freedoms, and the ability to hold multiple passports simultaneously. And no, America, you’re not even in the top 20.

As Bloomberg notes, atop the list is Sweden, followed by a bevy of other European Union nations.

A Swedish passport allows visa-free travel to 176 countries or territories, just one fewer than world leader Germany. Moreover, Swedish expats can easily “get out of the high taxes in Sweden and go live somewhere else where there are lower taxes without a lot of headaches,” says Andrew Henderson, the veteran traveler, entrepreneur, and blogger who founded Nomad. “Not too many people are getting into fights with the Swedes,” Henderson said in a video posted on Wednesday...

read more:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-04/and-worlds-most-valuable-passport

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

Comments

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    No love for Canada? :(
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • Rosie_MOD_Rosie_MOD_ Moderator
    Noting the top countries are all in the EU currently.  England and Commonwealth countries seem to be missing.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• Canada's #14 - tied for that place with The Netherlands.  104 points to Sweden's 109.  Not too shabby I think.

USA is #35 (tied with Slovenia) at 98 points.

I'm guessing America would be higher if their tax goons didn't eyeball everything their emigrants earn.  Tax returns are required for filing for any Americans here in Japan who earn more than $10,000/yr (which is virtually any employed person here).  They don't have to pay income tax to the US if they already pay in Japan (unless they earn over $100,000/yr) but they still have to file a report.

What's more, any property owned in Japan worth more than $200,000 has to be declared.  Any bank account balance above $10,000 has to be declared.  Forms for each declaration are needed.  Japan also automatically sends banking information for Americans in Japan back to the United States.

As a Canadian emigrant, I don't need to file any tax information unless I earn money from a Canadian source.  I imagine the requirement to report Canadian sources might be why Canada isn't a bit higher on the list, although I'm not sure if Sweden taxes emigrants who earn money from Swedish sources as well.

What might hurt Canada a bit is the "reputation" part, because many people from elsewhere in the world aren't very familiar with the country.  Japanese people I meet often admit to me that they don't know what the difference between Canada and the United States is.  I'm guessing they don't have much reason to care, since the majority of them will never visit Canada or have any dealings with Canada or Canadian people.  It's probably the same lack of foreign familiarity that led Canadians I knew to ask me if I had learned Chinese as a prerequisite for moving to Japan.

Well, did you?
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • anonanon (To comment anonymously, login with user name "anon" and password "1234".)
  • 你闻到不好。

:(
    -------------------