Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

How do Christians understand God as 3 in 1 (Trinity) ?

mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
edited March 5 in End Times

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Comments

• crystalcrystal Member

The scriptures do not teach the trinity that's why it can not be defended. Jesus believed in One God His Father Yahweh. Jesus never claimed to be the Father. He always said he was Gods son. He directed his prayers to the Father. The holy spirit is not a third person of a trinity. Gods Holy spirit is His active force. Its a clean force. This clean force coming from Yahweh was used in creating the earth Genesis 1: 2  and was used to inspire men to write the bible we now have, 1 Timothy 3: 16 . This clean force is used in helping honest hearted ones to understand the scriptures. One who has Gods spirit will produce the fruitage of the spirit . Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self control.

God can comfort all who pray to Him  by means of His word and His Holy Spirit. 

There's only one or two scriptures that people who support the trinity use to try and defend it. These scriptures can be explained by reading the surrounding text.

John 17: 3 Jesus said that it means our everlasting  LIFE to take in knowledge of YOU the ONLY true God and the one you sent forth Jesus Christ.  

At John 17: 3 Jesus mentions One true God and himself. 

Old king James version in Psalm 83:18 That people may know that you whose name is Jehovah are the Most High over all the earth. That name Yahweh aka Jehovah is in original texts over 7000 times but man took it out and replaced it with Lord or God.

There is only ONE Yahweh aka Jehovah.

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    (Just going to move this to "End Times Study" since it's a seminar on modern Christian thinking)
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    And part 2 for those interested:

-------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    crystal said:

The scriptures do not teach the trinity that's why it can not be defended. Jesus believed in One God His Father Yahweh. Jesus never claimed to be the Father. He always said he was Gods son. He directed his prayers to the Father. The holy spirit is not a third person of a trinity. Gods Holy spirit is His active force. Its a clean force. This clean force coming from Yahweh was used in creating the earth Genesis 1: 2  and was used to inspire men to write the bible we now have, 1 Timothy 3: 16 . This clean force is used in helping honest hearted ones to understand the scriptures. One who has Gods spirit will produce the fruitage of the spirit . Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self control.

God can comfort all who pray to Him  by means of His word and His Holy Spirit. 

There's only one or two scriptures that people who support the trinity use to try and defend it. These scriptures can be explained by reading the surrounding text.

John 17: 3 Jesus said that it means our everlasting  LIFE to take in knowledge of YOU the ONLY true God and the one you sent forth Jesus Christ.  

At John 17: 3 Jesus mentions One true God and himself. 

Old king James version in Psalm 83:18 That people may know that you whose name is Jehovah are the Most High over all the earth. That name Yahweh aka Jehovah is in original texts over 7000 times but man took it out and replaced it with Lord or God.

There is only ONE Yahweh aka Jehovah.

Crystal, since you already believe that Jesus and God are two separate entities, have you ever subscribed to the line of thinking that maybe the "Father-son" relationship mentioned in the Bible is perhaps allegorical, representative of a definitive source (God) and one chosen for something special? (Jesus) And that the Holy Spirit is perhaps representative of an intermediary between God and those chosen, such as Jesus, just like Jesus may perhaps be an intermediary between God and mankind?

What about in light of the following verses:

"And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? for you are the temple of the living God; as God has said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Therefore come out from among them, and be you separate, says the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, and will be a Father unto you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."
    (2 Cor 16-18)

Additionally, Jesus also speaks in this manner, referring to multiple "sons" and "daughters" of God, and even at one point invokes Psalm 82:6, in which believers are described as all being themselves "gods", or "judges", and are referred to as "sons" an daughters.

Thoughts?

-------------------