Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

‘US Navy SEALS in Yemen shot everything that moved, including women & children’

Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator
The Yemeni people are saying: 'Where are the other powers in the Security Council? Why aren’t they standing up for the sovereignty of Yemen, when clearly it is in their best interest as well to do so,' Kim Sharif, Director of Human Rights for Yemen, told RT.

The Saudi-led coalition backed both by the US and the UK began its intervention in Yemen in March 2015 in order to stifle the Houthi uprising. Over 10,000 people have been killed since the start of campaign.

Many humanitarian organizations accuse coalition forces of deliberately targeting civilians while the UN says the intervention puts the whole nation at risk of famine.

RT: Why is the Western media praising the US airstrikes, but failing to cover the alleged civilian casualties? The Western media was very vocal in its condemnation of civilian casualties allegedly incurred by Russia in Syria. What's the difference?

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/379503-saudi-airstrikes-yemen-us-seals/

"Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
“The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
"If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer

Comments

• tazweisstazweiss Member

I have worked with Navy Seals.  These guys consider themselves warriors and warriors don't indiscriminately slaughter innocents.  They are staunch patriots who care about their honor and their countries honor.  They will go out of their way not to tarnish either.

I have also trained with soldiers from some other countries.  In a couple of scenarios, those soldiers did start shooting indiscriminately but that kind of reaction would horrify a Navy Seal.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

• mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    tazweiss said:

I have worked with Navy Seals.  These guys consider themselves warriors and warriors don't indiscriminately slaughter innocents.  They are staunch patriots who care about their honor and their countries honor.  They will go out of their way not to tarnish either.

I have also trained with soldiers from some other countries.  In a couple of scenarios, those soldiers did start shooting indiscriminately but that kind of reaction would horrify a Navy Seal.

Great comment 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    I'm going to replace my ideological analysis (that out of mercy for those here I've deleted), with what I feel is an important question: Why are Americans in Yemen to begin with?
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • GrumpyGuyGrumpyGuy Member
    edited March 6
    Based on what I can learn about the Saudi-led intervention in the Yemeni civil war, the US was providing intelligence and arms funding to the Saudi coalition and then later, along with the UK, deployed personnel in a command role.

This operation, "Decisive Storm," ended in 2015.  Afterwards, "Operation Restoring Hope" began with the claimed goal of initiating political and peace efforts.

One suggestion given by Al-Jazeera for America's continued involvement afterwards was to secure Saudi Arabia's opposition to Iran's nuclear projects by backing their intervention in Yemen.  That makes some sense, since the US is staunchly opposed to Iran and would certainly enjoy having most of the other Middle Eastern states parroting their foreign policies.

Some senators apparently tried to block further arms sales to Saudi Arabia, but lost soundly in a vote, after which the Senate majority leader declared, "I think it's important to the United States to maintain as good a relationship with Saudi Arabia as possible."  No elaboration was forthcoming, of course.

My speculation on why the US is still monkeying around in Yemen, based on the available information, is that they want to keep Saudi Arabia happy by supporting their activities, even at the risk of irritating other UN members who oppose the situation. 

I'm guessing that the US currently values the cooperation of Middle Eastern oil kingdoms more than it does that of the UN, possibly because the UN provides little to no benefit to America (and indeed, is often an irritant), and almost surely because they desire to continue receiving money and oil from the Saudis and their friends as well as permission to operate military bases indiscriminately.  They are clearly very, very invested in the future of the Middle East, otherwise they wouldn't still be militarily occupying vast parts of it over a decade after promises to leave were made.

There might be other reasons as well that I'm overlooking.  Thoughts?