WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

Dutch Politician Calling For Ban of Quran For Same Reason Mein Kampf is Already Banned

As campaigning starts to reach a climax in the Netherlands ahead of elections on March the 15th, the far-right Freedom party looks set to double its number of parliamentary seats.

On one policy, leader Geert Wilders told Euronews he thinks the Koran should be forbidden in the Netherlands, just like Adolf Hitler’s “Mein Kampf”.

“I rather would have not Koran at all as we in Holland at least have outlawed Mein Kampf as well.

http://www.euronews.com/2017/03/05/ban-the-koran-in-the-netherlands-says-far-right-leader-wilders

People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
- Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Comments

• Funny - they ban Mein Kampf because they supposedly want nothing to do with fascism, and this Wilders fellow is seemingly proud of that ban, yet he wants to go ahead and ban even more books.  You know who also banned books?

Am I missing something by seeing no difference between a Nazi book-burning and a Dutch ban on the Quran?
    People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
    - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    Strangely enough, the cure to this problem may actually be to read the Quran, whereupon people would discover the discontent between what God instructs, and what men like to do "in the name of".

And to stoke the embers further, why ban Mein Kampf? Banning it doesn't stop neo-Nazis from existing anywhere, so there must be another reason to ban it.
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)