WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

"Facebook is teaching artificially intelligent computers to predict the future"

Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator

MARK Zuckerberg’s top artificial intelligence expert has admitted he’s trying to teach computers to predict the future.

Yann LeCun,  leader of Facebook’s AI research division, said this terrifying-sounding capability is “a big part of our effort in making progress” in the development of super-smart computers.

He previously worked on the development of technology which could be useful to anyone developing surveillance systems.

LeCun contributed to academic papers exploring the creation of software which would serve as a “key component” in an automated surveillance network.

"We are very interested in the idea that a learning system should be able to predict the future," he told MIT Technology Review.

"You show it a few frames of video and it tries to predict what’s going to happen next.

"If we can train a system to do this we think we'll have developed techniques at the root of an unsupervised learning system. That is where, in my opinion, a lot of interesting things are likely to happen."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3048340/facebook-is-teaching-artificially-intelligent-computers-to-predict-the-future/

-------------------
"...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)

Comments

• RosieRosie Member, Permitted to post new threads

MARK Zuckerberg’s top artificial intelligence expert has admitted he’s trying to teach computers to predict the future.

He's a bit late, they've already done that with The Simpsons and several movies.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    Perhaps by "predict" he actually means "shape"
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • tazweisstazweiss Member, Permitted to post new threads
    Zuckerbergs expert should take a look at the web bot project begun in the '90s.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    ^ A fascinating project indeed
    -------------------