WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

"Your dog may be manipulating you to get what it wants"

That little pooch you shower with love and affection knows how to get what it wants.

A new study published in the journal Animal Cognition has found that our canine companions are able to deceive us in order to get something they desire. And they can figure out how to do it quite quickly.

Researcher and lead author of the paper Marianne Heberlein was curious about her own dogs' behaviour. Like many dog owners, Heberlein had a nighttime routine: let the dogs out to relieve themselves and then give them a treat when they came back inside.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/dogs-deception-1.4019103

-------------------
"...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)

Comments

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    I think anyone who has sat in a chair to eat their sandwich has come to a similar conclusion
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • RosieRosie Member, Permitted to post new threads
    edited March 11
    Manipulative indeed!  My dog is so anxious for a meal in the morning that he rushes outside, disappears for a moment and is back in a flash ready for his meal. When I rationally point out to him that he was way too quick he goes back and does his "tour of duty".

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• tazweisstazweiss Member, Permitted to post new threads
    Our two cats, constantly manipulate us.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

tazweiss said:
    Our two cats, constantly manipulate us.
    You can officially say you're the victim of a catbal
    -------------------
    Manipulative indeed!  My dog is so anxious for a meal in the morning that he rushes outside, disappears for a moment and is back in a flash ready for his meal. When I rationally point out to him that he was way too quick he goes back and does his "tour of duty".
    This in itself demonstrates how smart our furry friends really are
    -------------------