Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

"Phantom buzzing" - 80% of college students admit they experience major sign of phone addiction

Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator

Have you ever experienced a phantom phone call or text? 

You're convinced that you felt your phone vibrate in your pocket, or that you heard your ring tone. 

But when you check your phone, no one actually tried to get in touch with you.

You then might plausibly wonder: 'Is my phone acting up, or is it me?'

Well, it's probably you, and it could be a sign of just how attached you've become to your phone.

At least you're not alone. 

Over 80 percent of college students we surveyed have experienced it. 

However, if it's happening a lot – more than once a day – it could be a sign that you're psychologically dependent on your cellphone.

There's no question that cellphones are part of the social fabric in many parts of the world, and some people spend hours each day on their phones. 

Our research team recently found that most people will fill their downtime by fiddling with their phones. 

-------------------
"...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)

Comments

• Only 80%?

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    The other 20% are too busy searching for brains
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • The other 20% are too busy searching for brains

Or they couldn't find their cellphones.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

• tazweiss said:
    The other 20% are too busy searching for brains

Or they couldn't find their cellphones.
    Pretty much one and the same to them.
    11-13 Illinois
  • I felt a phantom vibration once, in spite of being someone who never uses his phone (call history shows I've placed 8 calls so far this year, all to my wife).  Maybe it was a phone malfunction?
  • mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    edited March 19
    I felt a phantom vibration once, in spite of being someone who never uses his phone (call history shows I've placed 8 calls so far this year, all to my wife).  Maybe it was a phone malfunction?
     During the work week, I probably average 8 calls an hour. Not an exaggeration 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.