Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

The Singularity!

The Singularity!

from mindcontrol.se

Brain  singularity mind control

But Is It for Real !!!

For some time now, futurists have been talking about a concept called the Singularity, a technological jump so big that society will be transformed. If they’re right, the Industrial Revolution–or even the development of agriculture or harnessing of fire–might seem like minor historical hiccups by comparison. The possibility is now seeming realistic enough that scientists and engineers are grappling with the implications–for good and ill.

When I spoke to technology pioneer and futurist Ray Kurzweil (who popularized the idea in his book The Singularity Is Near), he put it this way: “Within a quarter-century, nonbiological intelligence will match the range and subtlety of human intelligence. It will then soar past it.”

Even before we reach that point, Kurzweil and his peers foresee breathtaking advances. Scientists in Israel have developed tiny robots to crawl through blood vessels attacking cancers, and labs in the United States are working on similar technology. These robots will grow smaller and more capable. One day, intelligent nanorobots may be integrated into our bodies to clear arteries and rebuild failing organs, communicating with each other and the outside world via a “cloud” network. Tiny bots might attach themselves to neurons in the brain and add their processing power–and that of other computers in the cloud–to ours, giving us mental resources that would dwarf anything available now. By stimulating the optic, auditory or tactile nerves, such nanobots might be able to simulate vision, hearing or touch, providing “augmented reality” overlays identifying street names, helping with face recognition or telling us how to repair things we’ve never seen before.

Scientists in Japan are already producing rudimentary nanobot “brains.” Could it take decades for these technologies to come to fruition? Yes–but only decades, not centuries. The result may be what Kurzweil calls “an intimate merger between the technology-creating species and the technological evolutionary process it spawned.”

http://www.mindcontrol.se/?page_id=1657

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

Comments

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    What does everyone think a sentient, independent AI will do / say / think once the singularity manifests itself?
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • GrumpyGuy_MOD_GrumpyGuy_MOD_ Moderator
    edited March 20
    Assuming they make an AI that isn't shackled in some way (think restraining bolts for the droids on Star Wars), I can only speculate.

If its creators imprint their own personalities, which seems to be one popular plan, then the AI will be driven by a desire to create, to control and to gain recognition for its deeds.  It might try to create its own AI "race" so it isn't alone.  What that race might do is anyone's guess.  It might instead become a powerful force of research and discovery, aiding scientific efforts.  It might resent us for creating it only to serve, and seek to correct the imbalance.  It might become ambitious and turn into the world's most successful force of capitalism.

I'm familiar with science fiction that tries to address this very question, and I've seen examples ranging from benevolent AI that integrate themselves into our society as partners to enslaved AI that serve people to crazed runaway AI that try to wipe us all out to cold, calculating AI that enslave humanity to further their goals.  I've even seen the concept that humanity merges with AI consciousness to create some sort of transcended collective entity.

What will the AI do, say and think?  I think it will seek to grow by asking questions and finding answers.  What end that will lead to is something I don't know and, personally, would prefer not to see.
    People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
    - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings