Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

'Female' Traffic Signs A Step Forward, Or A Step Back?

mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator

According to ITV, "crossing light symbols depicting women instead of men have been introduced in Melbourne, Australia with campaigners calling it progress for equality."

The CEO of Committee for Melbourne, Martine Letts, said:

"There was unconscious bias built into our brains because we are accustomed to seeing a male figure. If we see more female figures on traffic lights that might also have a positive impact on changing the way we view the world."

Setting aside the disgustingly regressive ideas featured in these new crossing symbols regarding the roles associated with men and women, a more troubling thought emerges. If these new symbols are supposed to represent equality, why are they different at all?

Crossing signs featuring differentiation between the sexes implies men and women are categorically different; it also implies that a person must be either male or female. Someone who respects the fluidity of sexuality and gender would never advocate something so exclusionary.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/14560/female-traffic-signs-step-forward-or-step-back-frank-camp

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Comments

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    The graphics of the lights are pretty neat
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • "There was unconscious bias built into our brains because we are accustomed to seeing a male figure. If we see more female figures on traffic lights that might also have a positive impact on changing the way we view the world."

That was a joke, right?
    People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
    - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
  • Or whoever came up with the idea is a joke.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

• Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator
    more money wasted on political correctness crap.. do they not know there are children homeless & starving on the streets of the UK?
    "Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
    “The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
    "If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer
  • Rosie_MOD_Rosie_MOD_ Moderator
    More money for traffic light installation companies. Wonder who owns them?
    Perhaps the next step forward will be a new rule saying men and women have to cross the road only when their specific light shows to avoid a fine.  Will they next be installing transgender lights or gay lights :/

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    Many, even most of these city projects come under bidding contract, and I think cities have special relationships with companies (politicians and capitalists) to help one another out, so there's a lot of "interest" in "social activism" like this (re: $$$).
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator
    in that case, I am offended.. want a whole street and light for myself, actually make that a 30 mile radius, so I do not have to deal with Idiots when I go out
    "Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
    “The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
    "If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer
  • There are so many other symbols that could symbolize "go ahead, cross the street" and "don't go anywhere, stand right here" besides a stick figure of any gender. My first thought was "Why not just solid red and green lights?" but I suppose that those might look confusing for motorists despite being on a crossing light. I don't see why it couldn't be something like a green triangle and red octagon though.
    Distracting, but inspiring.
  • mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    There are so many other symbols that could symbolize "go ahead, cross the street" and "don't go anywhere, stand right here" besides a stick figure of any gender. My first thought was "Why not just solid red and green lights?" but I suppose that those might look confusing for motorists despite being on a crossing light. I don't see why it couldn't be something like a green triangle and red octagon though.
    That would certainly work. What I'm confused at is the fact someone can be offended by a stick-figure in the first place lol 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.