Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

'Don't f*** with us!' Philippine President RAGES at European Union in FURIOUS tirade

Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator

PHILIPPINE President Rodrigo Duterte has warned the European Parliament “don’t f*** with us” after he was condemned for his plans to reinstate the death penalty.

The extraordinary rant came as EU bigwigs passed a resolution criticising the leader’s tough stance on drug convicts last week.

European lawmakers said they were “deeply alarmed” by the reintroduction of the death penalty - adding capital punishment is considered “cruel and inhuman”. 

Responding to the remarks, Mr Duterte, who previously referred to Barack Obama as a "son of a whore", once again used colourful language to berate the European Parliament. 

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/781354/Philippine-President-swears-European-Union-death-penalty

"Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
“The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
"If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer

Comments

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    Wait - what happens if this guy and Mr Erdogan ever end up in the same room for a meeting?
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator
    I bet they would have a whale of a time
    "Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
    “The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
    "If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer
  • The death penalty for drug dealers is cruel and inhumane.  I wonder if the effects on the families of the drug dealers victims is kind and thoughtful.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    edited March 20
    It's a prickly situation because unlike someone else who dispenses violence, no one is really forcing people to take drugs. If the drug dealer is gang banging around, then sure, that's a problem. 

But what do we do with the drug dealer who gives something to people by their own choice? What do we do with the drug user who is addicted to drugs and now is dependent upon our help?

I don't knowing if selling a volunteer a drug is equivalent to the death penalty, at least in my opinion. I don't know if it's even worthy of any punishment at all to be honest - unless these people are coercing those without full understanding, such as young children.

Then again, if the drug problem is so overwhelming that it requires a dash of autocracy to fix, is this then a good thing? This reminds me of the Opium wars. No one there was forced to do anything, but sometimes a broader issue emerges as a societal disease that can't necessarily be tackled on an individual level.

I'm actually interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on this, if anyone has any.
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)