Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

Hacking Group Demands Apple Pay Ransom for Alleged 200 Million Compromised iCloud Accounts

HACKERS who claim to have control of at least 200 million iCloud accounts have issued a public demand to Apple: pay ransom or we wipe them all.

The hacking group calling itself the Turkish Crime Family has provided video evidence of its claims to the tech site Motherboard, with a demand to Apple that it pay the ransom or face the consequences.

The hackers have listed the price of the ransom as either US$75,000 ransom in Bitcoin or US$100,000 in iTunes gift cards.

While the demands seem both outlandish and alarming, Motherboard confirms it has seen screenshots of emails appearing to be communications between the hackers and Apple’s security team.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/online/hacking/hackers-threaten-to-wipe-200-million-icloud-accounts-unless-apple-pays-ransom/news-story/efc53517cce9f030a14cb38b4bf34cf8

People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
- Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Comments

• Rosie_MOD_Rosie_MOD_ Moderator
    US$100,000 in iTunes gift cards.
    Aren't iTunes gift cards numbered?  Perhaps the perpetrators plan to launder the cards for money, in which case whoever has the cards might get blamed.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• Good question.  I haven't used iTunes before except as a media manager on my old Macbook (about 7-8 years ago).
    People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
    - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    US$100,000 in iTunes gift cards.
    Aren't iTunes gift cards numbered?  Perhaps the perpetrators plan to launder the cards for money, in which case whoever has the cards might get blamed.
    They are numbered, but I imagine it's exactly as you describe - the cards will probably be sold off
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • Rosie_MOD_Rosie_MOD_ Moderator
    edited March 22
    The last place I'd save data is on the "Cloud".  If it's not saved in your own storage you don't own it.  Hmmm... does this apply to banks as well

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."