WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

Islamic State is 'broke' and struggling to pay its fighters

IS used to make up to £4m a day - but a former Iraqi minister says the terror group is now losing money and on the retreat.

Iraq's former finance minister has told Sky News that Islamic State is nearly bankrupt and is running out of money to pay its fighters.

At its peak, IS was the richest terrorist organisation in the world - with a huge network of criminal enterprises to finance its network.

The oil fields it captured in northern Iraq, and later set fire to, still belch out thick and acrid smoke.

As the group retreated, it destroyed them to form smoke shields and make it more difficult for coalition jets to carry out airstrikes.

Oil smuggling was perhaps the group's biggest source of income.

But it also taxed and extorted money out of the local population.

http://news.sky.com/story/islamic-state-is-broke-and-struggling-to-pay-its-fighters-10816085

"Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
“The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
"If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer

Comments

• Perhaps they can ask one of their sponsors for some extra cash?  Assuming they haven't concluded their usefulness, that is.
    People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
    - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
  • RosieRosie Member, Permitted to post new threads
    Maybe they're selling souvenir T-Shirts and Bandanas!  As you say nothing is for ever so maybe they have outlived their purpose.  Enter the White Helmets.  Perhaps white is the new black....

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    Pay up, America
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • gregasgregas Member, Permitted to post new threads
    i hope hey fix that war is coming and America is coming after you issis i also hope they make it legal to impale y'all on stakes and show the whole world
    “One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.” ― Nikola Tesla
    or public shootings drownings whatever as long as it is public and show the world hell make it a pay per view special use the money to go get more of y'all trash human beings

“One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.” ― Nikola Tesla
    i think these people should be burned at the stake televised round them up trump
    any snowflakes don't like it kiss my ass

my point in the above comments are televise it it will stop who in the hell teaches there kid to strap a bomb on and go blow there self's up? why are not more people pissed on about this crap?
  • mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    @gregas Tell us how you really feel lol 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    edited March 29
    The entire region is essentially bombed into tiny pieces of rubble, and militants there regularly sacrifice themselves as a military strategy, with the rest so poor and resigned to hopelessness that they basically wake up in the morning and say with surprise, "By golly, I'm still alive?", so I sincerely doubt a bit of torture is going to deter anyone who truly wants to do something bad.

Multiple decades war far more brutal than the torture methods described above havn't changed a single mind in that part of the world, and in fact has just inspired more people to fight.

Want them to stop gravitating towards a sharp, brutal end? Why not give them a reason not to, such as a future? 
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)