Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

Silk Road train sets off on first UK to China rail freight journey - trip will take 17 days

Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator

A train loaded with British goods has set off on the first ever rail freight service from the UK to China, opening up a new international route for exports.

It pulled away from Stanford-le-Hope in Essex on Monday to begin the 7,500-mile journey to Yiwu, where it is due to arrive 17 days later.

The departure came three months after the first freight service from China to the UK arrived in London as part of the revival of the ancient "Silk Road".

Whisky, soft drinks, vitamins, pharmaceuticals and baby products are among the items on board the 30 containers being pulled by a DB Cargo locomotive at the start of their journey from Britain.

They are being transported via the Channel Tunnel on a route through France and Belgium to Duisburg in Germany.

http://news.sky.com/story/silk-road-train-sets-off-on-first-uk-to-china-rail-freight-journey-10832899

-------------------
"...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)

Comments

• I would love to ride on that train if they had passenger cars, especially if brief stops could be enjoyed along the way.  Of course, most of the region between Europe and China is a human minefield, so that might be a bit more adventurous than I'd like it to be.
    People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
    - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    It would definitely be an awesome trip
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)