Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

Why firearms require a minimum of 21 feet to be successful against hand-to-hand attackers

Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
-------------------
"...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)

Comments

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    edited April 16
    This may also explain why officers go for the shot in seemingly innocuous situations (rightly or wrongly).
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • I practice speed draws a lot and I can say that 1.5 seconds isn't much time to draw and accurately place a shot.  The average reaction time for humans is .3 seconds.  That's if you are prepared to react.  It's a lot slower when you're caught by surprise.  It doesn't give you a lot of time to draw, bring your weapon to bear and fire.  Especially if you're faced with a sudden and deadly threat that your mind has to process. 

When I practice my speed draw, I always take a step to the side as I draw.  When I was younger, I fought in the ring.  We always trained to step to our opponents weak side, not backward.  I carried that over, jnto my firearms training.  Stepping to the side means that your attacker has to change the direction of his attack.  This alters the momentum of the attack, slowing it down slightly. 

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.

• I suppose that's something the police take into consideration when they travel around in packs.

Bum-rush one guy and his three friends can shoot you instead, and then he can join in shooting you once you're on the ground.