WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

THE REAL WAR? "29 people shot in less than 18 hours in Chicago"

Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
edited April 17 in Wars & Rumours

In the pouring rain, the 23-year-old man pulled a fur-lined hood over his head and stood on the porch of his younger brother’s home in the Douglas Park neighborhood early Sunday, watching police investigate the city’s first homicide of the weekend.

The man said he heard people arguing and throwing bottles at each other about 2:30 a.m. before the shots rang out. He said he went to check on what was happening three doors down but then stopped, retreated back.

“When I noticed the commotion, I headed the other direction,” he said, as he was getting ready to go to work as a truck driver. “There’s a reason for the rain. Only God knew this was going to happen.”

The fatal shooting of Tywan Anderson, 23, in the 1300 block of South Fairfield Avenue, half a block north of Mount Sinai Hospital, marked the only fatality among 29 people who were shot from Saturday to Sunday morning, officials said. Of the people shot, three were teenagers — ages 14, 15 and 17.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-chicago-shootings-violence-20170415-story.html

-------------------
"...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)

Comments

• mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    Bet you everyone of these instances is black on black violence....but you can't say that because then you're a racist 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    In truth, even if it were said, I think people would likely entrench rather than come to the realization that "hey, there's a problem within our community", because these shootings are a symptom rather than the root of all the trouble - the root must be dealt with if weekends in Chicago are to become a time for relaxation rather than dodging bullets.

But that's actually interesting: why is it that all these shootings always happen over Weekends? Why don't they happen during weekdays? The assumption is that none of these people have jobs anyway, right? I wonder. 
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • tazweisstazweiss Member, Permitted to post new threads
    It is a sad commentary, when North American cities are more dangerous than living in a warzone.  I'll bet that Black Lives Matter won't be protesting these shootings.

If the politicians treat people this poorly when they're armed to the teeth,

just imagine what they'll be willing to do once they've disarmed everyone.