Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which does not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

May's shock election move could crush Labour and destroy UKIP

Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator
A poll puts the Tories 21 points ahead of Labour but there are still risks for Theresa May after she called for a snap election.

In 1983, an unpopular Labour leader faced a female Prime Minister, already ensconced in Downing Street with expectations the Conservatives would win.

Mrs Thatcher did, Labour slumped to 209 seats and that leader Michael Foot resigned within days.

Could history be about to repeat itself 34 years later?

Well if (yes, if) the polls are correct, 2017 will be much, much worse for Labour.

A YouGov poll published on Tuesday give the Conservatives a 21 point lead, it followed a ComRes one at the weekend which provided the same result.

On current projections that would see Labour win fewer than 200 seats, in a result not seen since 1935 (they only had 135 MPs).

Not a surprise then that Theresa May has acted to call that snap election.

And it is not just Labour.

Expectations are that this election will hit UKIP hard. Could it effectively kill them off?

The party currently has no MPs. It can't do worse in terms of representatives but following the referendum its electoral galvaniser of Brexit has disappeared.

http://news.sky.com/story/mays-shock-election-move-could-crush-labour-and-destroy-ukip-10842567

"Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
“The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
"If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer

Comments

• Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator

Now voters will see Corbyn for what he really is: STEPHEN GLOVER on how Theresa May could end up being the Labour party's saviour

• The Labour Party could be saved once it crashes out after the June 8 election
    • Already, one MP has cited 'irreconcilable difficulties' with Jeremy Corbyn
    • A wipeout could allow the moderates to reclaim their party from the left-wing 

I know . . . I know . . . one should beware of triumphalism but, in all probability, a Labour Party led by the ineffectual, hard Left and — let’s face it — slightly dim Jeremy Corbyn will crash in spectacular fashion come June 8. Which is why I believe that Theresa May will be accorded the role of its saviour.

Corbyn’s reaction yesterday on hearing there would be an election was hardly bullish. He looked stunned. Perhaps even he fears the worst.

Many Labour MPs certainly do, realising their party is heading for a bloodbath, and in many cases expect to lose their seats.

Tom Blenkinsop, whose Middlesbrough South and East Cleveland marginal constituency seems likely to be seized by the Conservatives, has said that he will not be standing for re-election, citing ‘irreconcilable differences’ with Jeremy Corbyn.

Others will stay and fight as best they can, while knowing in their hearts that Corbyn’s hopeless leadership and extreme views will almost certainly lead Labour to its worst defeat since 1983 under Michael Foot — or perhaps an even more cataclysmic result.

Indeed, it seems possible that a Labour Party led by Corbyn and the more sinister figure of John McDonnell, the shadow chancellor, may do even worse than the polls suggest as the media shine a spotlight on their policies and past allegiances.

So far both men have only been scrutinised during two internal Labour leadership elections which Corbyn easily won. Now they will have to justify themselves to the wider electorate who are unlikely to relish what they see.

Corbyn, of course, has never disavowed his former support for the IRA. Nor has he explained away his endorsement of Hamas and Hezbollah, two terrorist organisations committed to the destruction of the State of Israel. He has described them as his ‘friends’ — something that last year he admitted regretting — and has met several of their leading lights.

As FOR McDonnell, here is a man who in 2003 hailed the ‘bravery of the IRA’. In 2010 he famously said that he would like to go back to the 1980s and ‘assassinate’ Margaret Thatcher. Admittedly McDonnell apologised not long ago for this shameful statement, which he pretended was ‘an appalling joke’, but there are some things that can’t be unsaid.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4423284/Voters-Corbyn-really-STEPHEN-GLOVER.html
    “The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
    "If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer

Even I can't back Corbyn says Labour MP: He's unfit to be prime minister, one moderate backbencher admits... as his party faces a bigger wipeout than under Michael Foot

• John Woodcock said he could not support the Labour Party leader becoming PM
    • He called on Corbyn to 'stand down' rather than 'lead Labour to defeat'
    • Polls show Labour trailing by more than 20 points in the polls
    • Dozens of Labour MPs fear they will lose their seats in General Election  

One of Jeremy Corbyn’s own MPs last night urged him to quit to avoid a Labour meltdown in the election, saying he could not support him entering No 10.

In an extraordinary outburst, John Woodcock, a moderate MP with a wafer-thin majority, said the hard-Left leader was not fit to be prime minister.

He told constituents: ‘There is still time for Jeremy to stand down rather than lead Labour to defeat.’

Mr Corbyn refused to say whether he would quit if Labour – trailing by more than 20 points in the polls – suffers a wipeout. Dozens of Labour’s 229 MPs are expected to lose their seats with the party forecast to end up with fewer than the 209 Michael Foot achieved in 1983.

Humiliation on such a scale would effectively shut Labour out of power for more than a decade. However, some Blairites see defeat as the only way to get rid of Mr Corbyn and elect a more voter-friendly leader.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4423192/Even-t-Corbyn-says-Labour-MP.html
    PIERS MORGAN: If clueless Corbyn insists on leading Labour into this election, it will make Titanic look like a tea party and may kill off the party altogether

I interviewed Jeremy Corbyn on the Good Morning Britain sofa today and asked him this question: ‘Where have you gone wrong, where have you made big mistakes?’

‘I’m not going into any public self-analysis…’ he deflected.

So I tried again.

‘Where have you gone wrong, what’s been your biggest mistake?’

He looked irritated.

‘I reflect on this all the time,’ he replied, but wouldn’t reveal what exactly he was reflecting on.

It’s always both amusing and enlightening when a politician declines to answer a simple, straightforward question – mainly because you can just keep asking it until they do.

‘What has been your biggest mistake?’ I persisted.

‘Labour voters support these policies…’ he stammered

‘What has been your biggest mistake?’ I said, for the fourth time.

‘I’m not going to talk about that,’ he snapped.

‘Why can’t you be honest?’ I asked.

‘I am being honest,’ he lied.

At the end of our feisty encounter, I tried one more time.

‘Can you just give me one mistake you’ve made?’

‘No, I can’t give you one mistake this morning,’ he retorted.

Then his face cracked into a grin. ‘There have been too many….!’

Finally, I’d wrestled out of him an answer that said all you need to know about Corbyn’s chaotic time as Labour leader.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4422008/PIERS-MORGAN-Corbyn-lead-Labour-election.html

Labour MP admits party CAN'T win election - pinning hopes on just one pitiful aim

A LABOUR MP admitted Jeremy Corbyn’s chance at toppling Theresa May at the general election was so slim the best the party could hope for was to “get a solid number” of representatives into Parliament.

Speaking to BBC Radio 4’s Today Programme Gisela Stuart said looking at the figures, a Labour government was unlikely. 

Quizzed on whether she wanted Mrs May or Mr Corbyn in charge of Brexit-Britain, she said: “It is unlikely, if I look at the figures, that we will have a Labour government.

“So what I want is actually a strong representation of the Labour Party in the House of Commons.”

Appearing stunned, the BBC host pushed: “You’re saying it’s unlikely Labour will be elected?”

To which Ms Stuart said: “If I look at the figures it is unlikely that Labour will have a majority to form a government on its own. 

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/793617/Labour-Government-unlikely-MP-Jeremy-Corbyn-Theresa-May-general-election-2017

• Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    He biggest mistake of all was not considering, let alone responding to my letter
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    that sure was the end of him as leader

Former Labour MP and Corbyn ally defects to the Lib Dems calling party a 'basket case' after SEVEN MPs rule out standing again

Bob Marshall-Andrews, who represented Medway for more than a decade, said the party had failed over the Brexit campaign and should not have fielded a candidate against Zac Goldsmith. It follows an exodus of MPs, as seven Labour members confirmed they would not stand again. He said there had been a hope a 'reformed and radical' Labour Party could emerge, but with 'no real sign' of that happening, he had decided to leave and join the Liberal Democrats

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/04/20/01/article-4427258-3F66D88500000578-793_636x436.jpg

Labour Logic.. leaving one basket case for a smaller basket case

Tories: Corbyn has "refused to rule out a second referendum on Britain's EU membership which would compromise the country's Brexit negotiations"

http://news.sky.com/story/general-election-2017-live-farage-mulls-general-election-run-10843640