Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

POLL: What will cause the end times?

GrumpyGuyGrumpyGuy Member
edited May 2017 in End Times
There are numerous theories about what will eventually lead to the collapse of society and mass-die off of humanity, possibly leading up to the final moments in human history.  I'm sure it will be a combination of the choices I made below, but which do you believe will be the "most" significant, if such a thing could be identified?

Let's leave "God will end the world" out of it, because it is well within God's power to select any or all of the below, or any other method known or unknown to us, to bring about the End times.  Let's instead discuss the scenarios rather than the ultimate reason for the fall of man.

Update:  I forgot to include a choice for, "There will be no end times."  If you believe that, check "other" and then, if you can, explain your thoughts.  That goes for other choices, too - no silent voting, please!
  1. Which scenario do you believe will be the "catalyst" for the end times?4 votes
    1. World war / nuclear exchange caused by politics
        0.00%
    2. Environment (climate change, natural disasters, end of farming due to topsoil scarcity etc.)
      25.00%
    3. Human issues (overpopulation, resource scarcity etc.) and ensuing wars
        0.00%
    4. Antibiotic-immune pandemic
        0.00%
    5. Artificial Intelligence
        0.00%
    6. Human extinction project by secret organizations
        0.00%
    7. Alien invasion
        0.00%
    8. Other (please explain your thoughts)
      75.00%

Comments

• I'm going with environment, for my vote.  Here's a short version of why:

A stack of evidence from numerous varied sources all agrees upon the following:

1.  The oceans are dying, and with them a massive food source and, perhaps more importantly, micro-organisms responsible for a great deal of the Earth's oxygen production

2.  Topsoil, which takes around 1,000 years for the production of 3cm, is rapidly being used up.  Some estimates predict "60 years of farming left" using current methods, until the majority of usable soil is depleted

3.  We're continuing to cut down rainforests at a non-sustainable rate, and they are also crucial to oxygen production

4.  Although some progressive-seeming companies and groups in western countries seem interested in combating this, people and companies in less-wealthy places like Africa, South America and Asia are thrilled with the prospects of further industrialization and resource exploitation.  Good luck balancing their increased contributions to global damage!
  • mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    Other: The return of Jesus Christ 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    If the mechanics or method is up for question, then it's described as the metaphorical (or perhaps even literal) sounding of a trumpet, which immediately suspends all life processes, whereupon reality itself is shattered and then immediately reconstructed. I'm not even sure words can describe what will actually take place, considering how mind-blowing it will be for those who experience it.

All other disasters, or more appropriately crises, would seem to be merely bumps in the road or cleansing processes that get rid of one generation and replace them with another.
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • Do you think this event is likely to just occur, or will there be a lead-up period of progressively more dire situations in which to test the last of us?
  • Ok, I think I worded this poorly.  I'm not referring to the End Times so much as I am the "end times," if that makes sense.

What I'm getting at is a discussion about the state humanity is most likely to be in leading up to the final moments - what major crisis will we go through as a final trial?

Instead, do you believe the "trumpet" will sound at random on a normal day like this one, with no realization of all the predicted catastrophes?  If so, why?

Status quo until the switch gets flipped, or some harsh lessons to be learned first?
  • Rosie_MOD_Rosie_MOD_ Moderator
    I went with "Other"
    The catalyst will be the escalating need and greed  for the resources of others and never ending lust for power, all in the name of peace and betterment of humanity, but actually to prise an ever increasing share of the money pie from the average person.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    Ok, I think I worded this poorly.  I'm not referring to the End Times so much as I am the "end times," if that makes sense.

What I'm getting at is a discussion about the state humanity is most likely to be in leading up to the final moments - what major crisis will we go through as a final trial?

Instead, do you believe the "trumpet" will sound at random on a normal day like this one, with no realization of all the predicted catastrophes?  If so, why?

Status quo until the switch gets flipped, or some harsh lessons to be learned first?
    It is my belief that towards the end of days, there will be a 7 year peace treaty made with Israel and the Anti-christ. This 7 year treaty will be broken 3.5 years in. This 3.5 years is the great tribulation. Of which, the world has never seen such destruction and pure evil. Leading up to this time (perhaps over decades?), various natural disasters will increase around the world, as will wars and general violence. Many false christs will arrive claiming to be God. There will be two prophets that are killed and left in the street to rot. The world will celebrate their death under the anti-christ until they are raised from the dead after 3.5 days. At that same moment they are raised, there will be a very destructive earth quake, killing thousands. - Revelation 11 ....and that's not even the end of it 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    I see, well - I don't think anything is really going to change from how it is now, aside from there being different communities interacting with one another after old communities are replaced.

I think any "big" changes will come in the form of the system breaking, which might undo much of the trouble we currently find ourselves in. For example, an economic collapse that results in the healing of the environment after industry comes to a halt. A huge war could very well happen, but I don't think it will be the "end" of anything so much as the beginning of something new. Fewer people will consume fewer resources, eat less animals and destroy fewer things. I don't think humanity will ever fully wipe itself out, nor do I think we have the capacity to fully extinguish nature.

The future may not even necessarily be bad, either. The new communities that could arise might not necessarily be dominated by believers, but may simply keep to themselves. The world could end up a quiet, patient place with everyone waiting for the inevitable, or going about their own affairs uncaringly.

There may be some sort of "alien invasion" ruse in attempt to transform our sinister civilization into something even more sinister, but I doubt it will have any permanent effect pertaining to its goals. 
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
  • anon-offlineanon-offline (Anonymous commenting closed. Please register to continue participating.)
    100% agree with mrpops09 with the lead up well underway with the increase in natural disasters, greed, violence, selfcentred generation, destruction of the environment and mass animal deaths. I am watching and waiting